Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mcgovern really about to interview people on january 31st 7 hours before the ranking deadline huhAny one see open dates for interview in November /December ? I dont see anything open until mid Jan
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mcgovern really about to interview people on january 31st 7 hours before the ranking deadline huhAny one see open dates for interview in November /December ? I dont see anything open until mid Jan
last year there was another wave mid decemberDoes anyone know if there might be more Prematch waves before Match?
There will be at least 2. We may not always know it because McGovern doesnt give out too many.Does anyone know if there might be more Prematch waves before Match?

I have a feeling they may have barely invited anyone since October because they were already filling up their mid January spots in November XDI haven't seen anyone share news about an interview invitation since October- If you're shy to post, but have received a new interview invitation in November, could you DM me?
Thanks, wysdoc![]()
![]()
According to CycleTrack and admit.org, I could only find one student who received an interview after the dates listed on SDN (one II on October 30th)I haven't seen anyone share news about an interview invitation since October- If you're shy to post, but have received a new interview invitation in November, could you DM me?
Thanks, wysdoc![]()
![]()
Possible, but I think it's more likely that now that the submission deadlines have passed (Nov 1 for TMDSAS primary and Nov 15 for supplementary materials) they could take one more review of their pending applicants and fill any remaining interview slots with those they like who have not been invited so far.According to CycleTrack and admit.org, I could only find one student who received an interview after the dates listed on SDN (one II on October 30th)
Is it possible that they would finish up that early?
only post-IIDo they accept update letters?
Med school cycles are just brutal in general. Unfortunately, there are only a certain number of spots, and adcoms often have thousands of applications to comb through. Therefore, it is always within statistical probability for that very reason that perfectly qualified applicants who would have made excellent physicians get overlooked.I've been trying to stay off of SDN but it looks like there haven't been any interview invites since October (I know this is only a select group of people though lol). Really hoping for another round of interviews sometime soon since McGovern is my top choice in Texas. This cycle has been mentally brutal 🙁
Dear PolarIceLongLastingFlavor,Ehhhh~?! McGovern-nyan! 🐾 (✧≖‿ゝ≖) It’s been like… a WHOLE month since you sent an interview desu nya~ nya~! (。•ㅅ•。)💦 Ano ne, pwease-pwease send another interview wave, onegai nyaaaa~!!! 🥺💖 (´ฅω•ฅ`)💞 UwU so suuuuper important desu ne~!!! ✨🐾 mofu mofu~ ありがとにゃん~!! *nuzzles you*💕🎀 (=^-ω-^=)
Nani 😭Ehhhh~?! McGovern-nyan! 🐾 (✧≖‿ゝ≖) It’s been like… a WHOLE month since you sent an interview desu nya~ nya~! (。•ㅅ•。)💦 Ano ne, pwease-pwease send another interview wave, onegai nyaaaa~!!! 🥺💖 (´ฅω•ฅ`)💞 UwU so suuuuper important desu ne~!!! ✨🐾 mofu mofu~ ありがとにゃん~!! *nuzzles you*💕🎀 (=^-ω-^=)
For MSTP applicants, how far in advance of your interview date did you get details? All I know so far is the dates of my interview, but they haven’t sent me anything like times, schedule, or who I’m interviewing with.
anybody else saw what I saw in the check-in this friday [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]
They found out where Joe iswhat personal information?
I am just a first-year student, so I don't know everything, but I will try my best to answer your questions.If there are any current students here, could you plz answer the following questions?
- How often do you wear scrubs in preclinicals vs. clinical?
- What color scrubs do med students wear?
- does the school offer free scrubs or do you wear your own?
- are you allowed to wear different color scrubs on certain days?
Thank you so much.I am just a first-year student, so I don't know everything, but I will try my best to answer your questions.
1. The only time scrubs are heavily required is for anatomy labs during the first semester during pre-clinicals. I am not super familiar, but I think that you have to wear scrubs some of the time when you are in the hospital (like in the OR, for example).
2. Scrub color does not matter.
3. You have to buy your own scrubs for anatomy and other school activities like that. But, if you are in the hospital for shadowing, preceptorships, etc. they provide them.
4. Yeah. I have several scrubs of various colors that I use.
Honestly, the school is not super strict on the type of scrubs or color that you have, at least for school-related activities like anatomy.
You can get them from anywhere.Hey guys I just had a quick question about purchasing equipment for this school. Does McGovern require you to purchase things like stethoscopes and reflex hammers directly from them or can you get them anywhere? Thanks!
Congrats. If you don't mind, how much do they offer, or the range? Thanks.Scholarship offer from McGovern an hour ago!!!!![]()
Scholarship offer from McGovern an hour ago!!!!![]()
These 2 applicants had prematch a while ago but got the nice news of a scholarship todayis this diff from a prematch
@THEGOAT1 @Buffalo HunterScholarship offer from McGovern an hour ago!!!!![]()
Great question! I didn't express any interest in a scholarship prior to receiving one.@THEGOAT1 @Buffalo Hunter
Did you guys send any form of communication in regards to scholarships or express any interest in a scholarship to put you on their radar or did they offer it on their own without anything needed from your part?
@THEGOAT1 @Buffalo Hunter
Did you guys send any form of communication in regards to scholarships or express any interest in a scholarship to put you on their radar or did they offer it on their own without anything needed from your part?

Congratulations! Quick question, did they specify if the scholarship was merit based?I pre-matched Oct 15th and also just received a scholarship email last week - mine comes out to roughly half-tuition but this amount likely differs across everyone who was notified that day
same response as the baylor thread, except mcgovern is even more choosey about prematches lolinterviewed OOS in October and wondering if I should expect a decision anytime soon or after match day? any other OOS still waiting? just really excited to hear back because this school just seems like a perfect fit for me![]()
Yes merit based, pretty sure they can only provide need based after submitting FAFSA and all that which I haven’t doneCongratulations! Quick question, did they specify if the scholarship was merit based?
Thanks, haha. This made me feel better.. good luck!you're fine.
senioritis is hitting me as well.
i havent gotten a prematch but this is arguably my worst semester.
it was hard to juggle interviews and the burnout from the hell that summer was with the stress of secondaries.
i looked online and it doesnt look like they really care about grades as long as you just get your degree. could be wrong so mods please chime in
you can get all Bs and they won’t rescind your acceptanceDoes anyone know if it is required to send in updated grades for Fall and Spring semesters for MMS through TMDSAS. I will likely be receiving a few A-s and one B- in a pre-req course (A, B-/C+, A-/B+, A-, A-, A-). This is after being an almost straight A student, so I am a bit concerned with getting a 3.5ish this semester. Received pre-match October 15th.
Also, does anyone know if MMS has ever rescinded an offer due to grades? The offer letter only says to "complete all required coursework and complete any degrees notated." I'm assuming this means C or above in pre-reqs and completing the major/minor.
In the document upload on the portalWhere do we submit update letters post-II? Do we just send it to the admissions email or is there somewhere on the portal?
YesIs the Preview Day offered after your Interview at McGovern?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.