You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 McGovern
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
effervescent-nerd
Full Member
Received the cutest little gift basket from the MSTP in the mail the other day! Whole family is freaking out because they think it means I got in, but they told us decisions wouldn't be made until Jan/Feb. They're definitely sending them to everyone who interviewed for the MSTP. I won't say what's in it because I don't want to spoil any surprises for the other MSTP interviewees, but do note that there are items in there that you might not want sitting in your dusty college mailbox while you're home for the holidays, so maybe take that into consideration when you're asked for "a mailing address for promotional items" after your interview. I'm thinking they must've been pretty selective with their number of IIs if they're sending swag to ALL of their interviewees.
That's so awesome!!! I've been accepted regular MD and I haven't gotten anything like that LMAOReceived the cutest little gift basket from the MSTP in the mail the other day! Whole family is freaking out because they think it means I got in, but they told us decisions wouldn't be made until Jan/Feb. They're definitely sending them to everyone who interviewed for the MSTP. I won't say what's in it because I don't want to spoil any surprises for the other MSTP interviewees, but do note that there are items in there that you might not want sitting in your dusty college mailbox while you're home for the holidays, so maybe take that into consideration when you're asked for "a mailing address for promotional items" after your interview. I'm thinking they must've been pretty selective with their number of IIs if they're sending swag to ALL of their interviewees.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
THEGOAT1
Full Member
That’s amazing!!! I would love some goodies too LOLLReceived the cutest little gift basket from the MSTP in the mail the other day! Whole family is freaking out because they think it means I got in, but they told us decisions wouldn't be made until Jan/Feb. They're definitely sending them to everyone who interviewed for the MSTP. I won't say what's in it because I don't want to spoil any surprises for the other MSTP interviewees, but do note that there are items in there that you might not want sitting in your dusty college mailbox while you're home for the holidays, so maybe take that into consideration when you're asked for "a mailing address for promotional items" after your interview. I'm thinking they must've been pretty selective with their number of IIs if they're sending swag to ALL of their interviewees.
THEY REMEMBERED THEIR PASSWORD+ IS II yesterday! C: 11/1
Also, already had a MSTP II
what days were available?
effervescent-nerd
Full Member
That's interesting! They had me to my MD interview the day after my MSTP interview. I envy you a little bit haha. Seven interviews over two days was a challenge for sure.+ IS II yesterday! C: 11/1
Also, already had a MSTP II
I had to reschedule the MD portion of my MSTP II, so idk if these are the final dates, but they offered 1/17 and 1/24THEY REMEMBERED THEIR PASSWORD
what days were available?
BUZZER BEATERS 🤣I had to reschedule the MD portion of my MSTP II, so idk if these are the final dates, but they offered 1/17 and 1/24
Good to see interviews stretching until 1/24.I had to reschedule the MD portion of my MSTP II, so idk if these are the final dates, but they offered 1/17 and 1/24
Both of the people stating these dates are MSTP (MD/PhD) applicantsGood to see interviews stretching until 1/24.
Texas peeps, any regular MD interview invitations in the last month?
the dates I mentioned are for regular MD IIs as well! MSTP has 2 interview days: 1 with the MSTP and 1 with the regular MD programBoth of the people stating these dates are MSTP (MD/PhD) applicants
Texas peeps, any regular MD interview invitations in the last month?
since I also applied the MD-only route as well, I got a II yesterday but I already had that interview scheduled bc of the II from the MSTP
tntttttttttt
Full Member
On CycleTrack, two individuals received an acceptance on 11/26
That’s old news, dude!On CycleTrack, two individuals received an acceptance on 11/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anon_science
New Member
Did anyone receive a postcard from McGovern following their interview day?
tankitpork
Full Member
There’s usually a prematch wave around this time right?
🏄♂️ “wouldn’t it be nice?”There’s usually a prematch wave around this time right?
D
deleted1193133
All I want for Christmas is an interview invitation from McGovern
Funtimesahead
Full Member
Do you have the MSAR?I just interviewed with them beginning of Dec. My LM 71. Do you guys think there is hope for me with that LM?
*me who's been refreshing this thread neurotically ever since Monday morning 12/16...*There’s usually a prematch wave around this time right?
Funtimesahead
Full Member
They have already done two rounds so far this year, and last year, based on Cycletrack, they only did two, but this year's second round came 3 weeks earlier, so who knows, maybe they'll do a third.
notoriousknj
Full Member
Last year it was on the 18th, so it's most likely within this weekThere’s usually a prematch wave around this time right?
When was the second round this year? Haven’t seen anything on this thread other than Oct15.They have already done two rounds so far this year, and last year, based on Cycletrack, they only did two, but this year's second round came 3 weeks earlier, so who knows, maybe they'll do a third.
tntttttttttt
Full Member
Yeah I thought that was the case too, but on 11/26 on this thread, there were two ppl that got scholarships. So I thought it was just scholarships but apparently there were also some As on that date also.When was the second round this year? Haven’t seen anything on this thread other than Oct15.
Funtimesahead
Full Member
It was from Cycletrack.org. Anyone can put what they want on there, in theory, but three people said they got accepted on Nov. 26th.When was the second round this year? Haven’t seen anything on this thread other than Oct15.
ricefanatic
Full Member
Hello,
I have a more general question but I thought I'd ask here since I interviewed here this cycle. I am graduating a semester early this December but don't really have any notable updates to my activities. Do I need to update the schools I applied to? This would be considered an academic update but I don't want to say I am graduating early especially because I don't have a concrete plan of what I am doing next semester in my gap semester. I'll prob just continue volunteering and do a low-key research project while mostly chilling. Thoughts/advice?
I have a more general question but I thought I'd ask here since I interviewed here this cycle. I am graduating a semester early this December but don't really have any notable updates to my activities. Do I need to update the schools I applied to? This would be considered an academic update but I don't want to say I am graduating early especially because I don't have a concrete plan of what I am doing next semester in my gap semester. I'll prob just continue volunteering and do a low-key research project while mostly chilling. Thoughts/advice?
Funtimesahead
Full Member
I wouldn’t worry too much about the graduation aspect, but if you’ve started a new extracurricular activity that you’re heavily involved in, it’s worth updating them. This is especially true if your research has made significant progress toward a publication that wasn’t included in your original application. I hope this helps!Hello,
I have a more general question but I thought I'd ask here since I interviewed here this cycle. I am graduating a semester early this December but don't really have any notable updates to my activities. Do I need to update the schools I applied to? This would be considered an academic update but I don't want to say I am graduating early especially because I don't have a concrete plan of what I am doing next semester in my gap semester. I'll prob just continue volunteering and do a low-key research project while mostly chilling. Thoughts/advice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ll be attending the Baylor Houston tour on January eleventh and would like to see McGovern while I’m in town. Is there any student available that wouldn’t mind showing my family and I around. I know it’s a big ask, but I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.
(Sorry, won’t let me type numbers)
(Sorry, won’t let me type numbers)
i saw some people report acceptances on admit.org for like 12/17 but i could be wrong. it was literally just two people too. has anyone on here gotten a prematch after 10/15? and please let us know your interview day too just bc we're neurotic and you know what we want lol.
lastly, on y'alls portals, are both checkmarks there for each interviewer? one of my interviewer had to facetime me so there isnt a checkmark like my other interviewer which worked fine. anyway praying to get in so i can stop holding my breath.
lastly, on y'alls portals, are both checkmarks there for each interviewer? one of my interviewer had to facetime me so there isnt a checkmark like my other interviewer which worked fine. anyway praying to get in so i can stop holding my breath.
People can report the acceptances late. McGovern is historically picky with prematches (according to this thread)i saw some people report acceptances on admit.org for like 12/17 but i could be wrong. it was literally just two people too. has anyone on here gotten a prematch after 10/15? and please let us know your interview day too just bc we're neurotic and you know what we want lol.
lastly, on y'alls portals, are both checkmarks there for each interviewer? one of my interviewer had to facetime me so there isnt a checkmark like my other interviewer which worked fine. anyway praying to get in so i can stop holding my breath.
For another school I have the same issue with the check mark. It's likely nothing to worry about.
Match day is coming sooner than you think! Only 7 weeks to go for a cycle that started 7 months ago. We'll be matched to our dream schools before you know it 🙂
anyone else get that virtual q&a email?
Yepanyone else get that virtual q&a email?
medapplicant4
Full Member
Wait is this for interview or ppl who've already interviewed?anyone else get that virtual q&a email?
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
Those who have interviewed already and are preparing for the matchWait is this for interview or ppl who've already interviewed?
What does it ask?Those who have interviewed already and are preparing for the match
browntexaspremed
Full Member
Did people with prematches get the email?
dostoyevksy
New Member
i prematched in october and didn't get the Q&A emailDid people with prematches get the email?
medapplicant4
Full Member
Same. Loli prematched in october and didn't get the Q&A email
princess7563237
New Member
Did anyone who interview NOT get an email about a virtual Q&A? I interviewed in December!
Did anyone who interview NOT get an email about a virtual Q&A? I interviewed in December!
did you not get it?
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
don't think its the end of the world for not getting it mate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
princess7563237
New Member
Nope I didn’t and was wondering if it was because I interviewed so recently🧐did you not get it?
It specifically says "Attending these sessions has no bearing on your admissions." so please chill if you did not get it, it literally does not matter.
tntttttttttt
Full Member
Will preview days be rescheduled or just cancelled if there are inclement weather conditions?
I don’t think the severe cold is going to hit Houston. Unless you’re flying in from OOS bundle up and show upWill preview days be rescheduled or just cancelled if there are inclement weather conditions?
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
its freezing round these parts doc ;-;;; I can't hangI don’t think the severe cold is going to hit Houston. Unless you’re flying in from OOS bundle up and show up