You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 McGovern
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Matched!!!!! I'm so grateful and excited!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
McGovern's average IQ just went up about 15 points with my match result.
striveformed
Full Member
Did anyone get any waitlist email from McGovern?
They will send more information shortly (at least that is what they did last year).What do we do after matching? Do I have to "accept" anything?
you will get emails with instructionsWhat do we do after matching? Do I have to "accept" anything?
hakunamakana
New Member
Matched!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!!! Hope everyone is having a good match day 🙏
ThiccVik
Full Member
Just matched! Looking to join the accepted students' groupchat(s) as well.
I asked a question awhile back asking how much KiraTalent mattered, since I thought my answers were slow and unclear. Evidently, they either expect some amount of that since the questions are unfamiliar, or I wasn't as bad as I thought.
I asked a question awhile back asking how much KiraTalent mattered, since I thought my answers were slow and unclear. Evidently, they either expect some amount of that since the questions are unfamiliar, or I wasn't as bad as I thought.
medapplicant4
Full Member
Matched Mcgovern 🙂
Hope to see you guys in the Fall
Hope to see you guys in the Fall
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
filterfeeder54321
Full Member
have any of my fellow OOS people heard anything?
have any of my fellow OOS people heard anything?
Nope
HowDoYouDoFellowKids
New Member
Maybe a dumb question, but we're supposed to withdraw our application after accepting the offer, right? Under the "Withdraw After Accept" tab on the admissions portal? I don't want to screw anything up here lol
NO don't with draw your offer, accept your offer!Maybe a dumb question, but we're supposed to withdraw our application after accepting the offer, right? Under the "Withdraw After Accept" tab on the admissions portal? I don't want to screw anything up here lol
Leave that withdraw button alone!!
tankitpork
Full Member
Matched!!! Can someone explain the "withdraw after accept" question?
HowDoYouDoFellowKids
New Member
Cool cool cool. I didn't do anything. Thank you!NO don't with draw your offer, accept your offer!
Leave that withdraw button alone!!
I think they saw a button on their portal to “withdraw their TMDSAS application “Matched!!! Can someone explain the "withdraw after accept" question?
Once you get accepted somewhere you don’t need to go back in and withdraw from the schools you didn’t get accepted to. Match system takes care of that
tankitpork
Full Member
Ok. So the little red circle with the exclamation mark in the navigation bar isn't an issue? Just leave it alone? This is in the McGovern portal, not the TMDSAS portal for clarity!Cool cool cool. I didn't do anything. Thank you!
You can screenshot what you are talking about to me in a DM, I don't know what portal you meanOk. So the little red circle with the exclamation mark in the navigation bar isn't an issue? Just leave it alone? This is in the McGovern portal, not the TMDSAS portal for clarity!
tankitpork
Full Member
Ok I dm-ed youYou can screenshot what you are talking about to me in a DM, I don't know what portal you mean
HowDoYouDoFellowKids
New Member
I'll post here for others to see. The way it appears on the portal led me to believe it was part of the offer acceptance process. I didn't submit the withdrawal, though, since it seemed weird.You can screenshot what you are talking about to me in a DM, I don't know what portal you mean
Maybe it's for if you decide not to attend McGovern, but you've already accepted their admission offer. My guess is it's best not to submit this part.
Attachments
HowDoYouDoFellowKids
New Member
Right, that's what was confusing me too.Ok. So the little red circle with the exclamation mark in the navigation bar isn't an issue? Just leave it alone? This is in the McGovern portal, not the TMDSAS portal for clarity!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess this is for those that get off of the WL at another TX school or have an OOS acceptance they would rather attend?I'll post here for others to see. The way it appears on the portal led me to believe it was part of the offer acceptance process. I didn't submit the withdrawal, though, since it seemed weird.
Maybe it's for if you decide not to attend McGovern, but you've already accepted their admission offer. My guess is it's best not to submit this part.
I do not see this on my portal. What does this even mean?I'll post here for others to see. The way it appears on the portal led me to believe it was part of the offer acceptance process. I didn't submit the withdrawal, though, since it seemed weird.
Maybe it's for if you decide not to attend McGovern, but you've already accepted their admission offer. My guess is it's best not to submit this part.
HowDoYouDoFellowKids
New Member
It showed up after I accepted my offer of admissionI do not see this on my portal. What does this even mean?
It doesn’t show up for me after I accepted mine 🧐🧐It showed up after I accepted my offer of admission
Funtimesahead
Full Member
I know they sent the waitlist spots the same day as the match last year, but two years ago, it was a week later. I'm assuming the email will come next week if we're on it as long as it wasn't sent out yesterday and no one here reported it.
For Parchment, please use [email protected] when asked to enter an email address.Do y'all know what email we need to send our transcripts to? Parchment doesn't have a TMDSAS option apparently.
Send an additional transcript directly to McGovern
I would’ve not known to also send to McGovern if I didn’t see this. Will McGovern request it later on or am I missing the instruction somewhere?For Parchment, please use [email protected] when asked to enter an email address.
Send an additional transcript directly to McGovern
They may request it in the numerous emails you will get as part of your onboarding or enrollment process, but I think TMDSAS materials also tell you that the school you will attend wants their own direct copy.I would’ve not known to also send to McGovern if I didn’t see this. Will McGovern request it later on or am I missing the instruction somewhere?
Lots of details to keep track of!
This link is very helpful, it tells you everything you need to do and by what date it needs to be done. 2025 Entering Class Checklist - Office of Admissions and Student AffairsI would’ve not known to also send to McGovern if I didn’t see this. Will McGovern request it later on or am I missing the instruction somewhere?
I see. You’re a lifesaver thanks!They may request it in the numerous emails you will get as part of your onboarding or enrollment process, but I think TMDSAS materials also tell you that the school you will attend wants their own direct copy.
Lots of details to keep track of!
They did provide me this link 😭 so it is me who missed the instruction. Thank you!This link is very helpful, it tells you everything you need to do and by what date it needs to be done. 2025 Entering Class Checklist - Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would guess by email, but check both tomorrow!
tankitpork
Full Member
it seems like the transcripts sent directly to McGovern are due 8/1/2025, which means we probably need to finish the planned coursework for this semester and then report everything, am I interpreting this correctly? Also, any UT Austin students here that know how we can send transcripts to TMDSAS? Seems like parchment and national student clearinghouse are unsupported options, and UT just emails directly?They did provide me this link 😭 so it is me who missed the instruction. Thank you!
Yes it makes sense to send your final transcript after graduation.it seems like the transcripts sent directly to McGovern are due 8/1/2025, which means we probably need to finish the planned coursework for this semester and then report everything, am I interpreting this correctly? Also, any UT Austin students here that know how we can send transcripts to TMDSAS? Seems like parchment and national student clearinghouse are unsupported options, and UT just emails directly?
UT Austin has never used the common national transcript services and I have no idea why!
A quick call or email to the registrar's office should help you out.
You will need to have them physically mail it, it is an option when you go to order the transcripts and all you need to do is enter the address that TMDSAS requests you send them to which can be found in the TMDSAS transcript request form. Same goes for when you need to send them physically to McGovern.it seems like the transcripts sent directly to McGovern are due 8/1/2025, which means we probably need to finish the planned coursework for this semester and then report everything, am I interpreting this correctly? Also, any UT Austin students here that know how we can send transcripts to TMDSAS? Seems like parchment and national student clearinghouse are unsupported options, and UT just emails directly?
You will need to have them physically mail it, it is an option when you go to order the transcripts and all you need to do is enter the address that TMDSAS requests you send them to which can be found in the TMDSAS transcript request form. Same goes for when you need to send them physically to McGovern.
McGovern actually also accept electronic right? They provided an email to send it to on the Checklist.