You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 NYU (Grossman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Real talkWow, requiring all three of those essays was brutal. So glad to finally be done with this one haha.
biochemistagirl
New Member
For the "Describe a situation in which working with a colleague, family member or friend has been challenging" question, do you guys think it would be okay to write about a situation with a group of four people?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
biochemistagirl
New Member
Also, what should we include on our CV aside from AMCAS activities we did in undergrad?
eggfriedrice
Full Member
Has anyone who submitted AMCAS on the first 2 days still not gotten a secondary yet?
Probably. I think they just want to see an example of your conflict-resolution skills. You should be fine as long as you reflect on what you learned.For the "Describe a situation in which working with a colleague, family member or friend has been challenging" question, do you guys think it would be okay to write about a situation with a group of four people?
dimplesage
Full Member
Is anyone having trouble accessing their application? I just get this popping up:
yeah I think its related to the global power outageIs anyone having trouble accessing their application? I just get this popping up: View attachment 389608
banananabread
Full Member
are there guidelines in the secondary portal that NYU gives about how they want the CV formatted and what they are looking for exactly?
are there guidelines in the secondary portal that NYU gives about how they want the CV formatted and what they are looking for exactly?
nope, just what is stated in the question here
D
deleted1187872
OOS II 7/29!!!!!!
Thanks!!Congrats!!! Complete date?
7/20, lol
Did any IS people get an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II, complete 7/3!
HOLYYYY OOS II LM 82 Complete 7/18
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
Is this a smaller first-day wave than normal?
pickleball2048
Full Member
praying this is true!That’s what I was thinking. Last year’s SDN was over a dozen people. Last year’s cycle tracker was over 30. Probably doing more waves this year.
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
Can anyone actually see the available dates for an interview?
eggfriedrice
Full Member
Anyone know how late into the day they usually send out IIs?
mine was from around 3:30 est.Are these from earlier today, or were they received a few minutes before posting?
Can anyone actually see the available dates for an interview?
I signed up like 3ish hours ago. I was able to see interview dates after uploading my photo and agreeing to all the things, the portal was wildly slow though, just had to wait a really long time for it to load/try a few times. the dates I saw were in september (took a solid 5 min to click through july and august to get there)I can't see anything
Are available dates not showing up for anyone? Nothing is highlighted
I'm going to pray this means they're not done with IIs just yet.Are available dates not showing up for anyone? Nothing is highlighted
I’m getting the same thing 🙁 I sent an email so hopefully I will get a responseWas anyone able to figure out interview scheduling? 7 hours later and am still not seeing dates highlighted in September, and when I click on one I get an "Error/internal service error" message.
I was able to schedule an interview this morning! Like someone said earlier, the earliest dates I could find were in SeptemberWas anyone able to figure out interview scheduling? 7 hours later and am still not seeing dates highlighted in September, and when I click on one I get an "Error/internal service error" message.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1184838
OOS II, LM 83, complete 7/7
Did you get it just now?OOS II, LM 83, complete 7/7
D
deleted1184838
Yes.Did you get it just now?
+1 IS II, LM 79, received like an half hour ago
Any MD-PhD and/or intl?
Spidey2002
Full Member
+ OOS II, LM 83
Are there any interview dates in September? They all look to be greyed out and earliest one highlighted is Oct. 2.
Are there any interview dates in September? They all look to be greyed out and earliest one highlighted is Oct. 2.
Last edited:
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
I'm pretty sure that for each batch of interview invitations there's only a 2-week period for which you can sign up. I got my II yesterday and only saw dates in September. If you got yours today then you may be in the second batch, which is why you only see October dates.+ OOS II, LM 84
Are there any interview dates in September? They all look to be greyed out and earliest one highlighted is Oct. 2.
Do we think NYU is finished sending for this wave?
They interview a lot more people than necessary. it is a continuous cycle.
We'll find out tomorrow. No point wondering about this.Do we think NYU is finished sending for this wave?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine was 7/9. I hope they are still looking through them+1 MSTP II! Complete 7/16
Congratulations! Also would appreciate if you could update on the MD/PhD interviews thread over in the physician-scientists forum 🙂+1 MSTP II! Complete 7/16
D
deleted1116227
I don't have the secondary yet. For this question, do we write 2500 characters about each of the three choices? Or just 2500 characters total and split our description across all three specialties. Someone also told me we don't have to write anything, so if someone could verify that, that would be amazing!
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine strives to provide our students with the option of accelerating their medical educational training. In order to guide our curricular efforts to provide additional opportunities for early career exploration for our students, please select up to three residency specialties that are currently of interest to you. Please note that your selection in no way impacts your admissions decision (i.e., there are no right or wrong selections), that it is not binding in any way, and that you may select “Undecided” if you are unsure of your future career path. (2500 characters)
792 admit score is nutty as a traditional applicant, you've been grinding bro. NYU gonna pick you up fsanotha wave today? 🤔
This is a fill in the blank — no need to write anything except for name of speciality!I don't have the secondary yet. For this question, do we write 2500 characters about each of the three choices? Or just 2500 characters total and split our description across all three specialties. Someone also told me we don't have to write anything, so if someone could verify that, that would be amazing!
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine strives to provide our students with the option of accelerating their medical educational training. In order to guide our curricular efforts to provide additional opportunities for early career exploration for our students, please select up to three residency specialties that are currently of interest to you. Please note that your selection in no way impacts your admissions decision (i.e., there are no right or wrong selections), that it is not binding in any way, and that you may select “Undecided” if you are unsure of your future career path. (2500 characters)