You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 NYU (Grossman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wondering the same thing. Where did you find information regarding this session? I can't find it anywhereHi! For the Thursday information session after the interview, are the sessions mandatory? I really want to go, but I have a conflict that I cannot change.
firesign08
Full Member
I'm like 99% sure the sessions are mandatory but I can't find in writing where they say it's mandatory. Maybe you can ask them if you can attend the Thursday info session on a different week but keep your interview date.
@chessyboi the information about the sessions are in the interview invite email!!
@chessyboi the information about the sessions are in the interview invite email!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great thank you!I'm like 99% sure the sessions are mandatory but I can't find in writing where they say it's mandatory. Maybe you can ask them if you can attend the Thursday info session on a different week but keep your interview date.
@chessyboi the information about the sessions are in the interview invite email!!
BlessTheMakerAndHisWater
Full Member
Would it still be worth submitting my secondary this week?
Haven't seen anyone getting II's with a September completion date on previous threads...
URM, LM 74, prior research experience but no pubs/abstracts/posters... I feel like it'd be a donation
Haven't seen anyone getting II's with a September completion date on previous threads...URM, LM 74, prior research experience but no pubs/abstracts/posters... I feel like it'd be a donation
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.Would it still be worth submitting my secondary this week?Haven't seen anyone getting II's with a September completion date on previous threads...
URM, LM 74, prior research experience but no pubs/abstracts/posters... I feel like it'd be a donation
BlessTheMakerAndHisWater
Full Member
Back to writing then!You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
D
deleted1197021
Is it true they started making acceptance calls before October 15th last year? Is it possible that will happen again this year?
D
deleted1180326
i interviewed and im just hoping i dont get rejected straight outIs it true they started making acceptance calls before October 15th last year? Is it possible that will happen again this year?
D
deleted1197021
Same! Fingers crossed for us 🙂i interviewed and im just hoping i dont get rejected straight out
Does NYU reject people on a rolling basis or do they wait to release all decisions at once?
According to their website, they end their interview season in December and announce admissions offer in January.Does NYU reject people on a rolling basis or do they wait to release all decisions at once?
Not a rolling admissions system.
MD Admissions Timeline | NYU Langone Health
NYU Grossman School of Medicine has deadlines for application submission, interview scheduling, and final admissions decisions.
D
deleted1180326
they accept a small cohort of people from oct-december, most acceptances come out in late dec/early janAccording to their website, they end their interview season in December and announce admissions offer in January.
Not a rolling admissions system.
![]()
MD Admissions Timeline | NYU Langone Health
NYU Grossman School of Medicine has deadlines for application submission, interview scheduling, and final admissions decisions.med.nyu.edu
source: interviewed and they told us this during the info session
Thanks for the recent info, I guess they haven't taken time to update their website informationthey accept a small cohort of people from oct-december, most acceptances come out in late dec/early jan
source: interviewed and they told us this during the info session
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have rejected, admitted or kept on hold after interviews in the past but not sure if they changed anything this year. It was considered risky to interview early in the past because the rejection early in the cycle hurts bad.Does NYU reject people on a rolling basis or do they wait to release all decisions at once?
Phew thank goodness they haven't invited me to interview yet... I was thinking it was a bad thing 🤪They have rejected, admitted or kept on hold after interviews in the past but not sure if they changed anything this year. It was considered risky to interview early in the past because the rejection early in the cycle hurts bad.
tomatosoup1
Full Member
does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
its closed file (i think most MMI are?)
D
deleted1180326
when is the next interview day?
tomatosoup1
Full Member
I think they’re on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so probably tomorrow?
when is the next interview day?
Only rejections or holds could go out at this point.Has anyone who interviewed heard back yet?
No AMCAS acceptances can be offered until October 15
Has anyone who interviewed heard back yet?
In the info session, I think Dean Rivera said he might start calling people with As from the first week of interviews this Friday or next week
hmmm, well, keep us posted.In the info session, I think Dean Rivera said he might start calling people with As from the first week of interviews this Friday or next week
Sounds early but a current MS1 was called around Oct 7th last year but letters wait until Oct 15th from their experience.In the info session, I think Dean Rivera said he might start calling people with As from the first week of interviews this Friday or next week
D
deleted1180326
say what now 😅🫨In the info session, I think Dean Rivera said he might start calling people with As from the first week of interviews this Friday or next week
firesign08
Full Member
If anyone has interviewed already, do you mind sharing the general vibe/difficulty of the MMI questions? Of course, I'm not asking for you to give specifics. I'm just wondering how you felt you did coming out of the MMIs! Thanks!!
I've had a few MMI based interviews already and this was by far the most relaxed and conversational. You can tell the interviewers really want to get to know you. My best advice (cliche asf i know lmao) is to be yourself and have fun! Yall are going to kill itIf anyone has interviewed already, do you mind sharing the general vibe/difficulty of the MMI questions? Of course, I'm not asking for you to give specifics. I'm just wondering how you felt you did coming out of the MMIs! Thanks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tomatosoup1
Full Member
hi what do you mean by character based questions? like casper vibes?echoing the top comment! it was pretty chill and I only got asked one ethical scenario, the rest were mores character based questions. The one thing that surprised me was that you dont really get a chance to think over the questions, the interviews just kinda ask them. Idk if that was mentioned on their website but I personally was under the impression that I would get a minute or 2 to think over the question
google is your friend.hi what do you mean by character based questions? like casper vibes?
D
deleted1180326
anyone go to the info sesh with dean rivera today? did he say anything about decisions
D
deleted1197021
Last week he said he might start sending calls tomorrow!anyone go to the info sesh with dean rivera today? did he say anything about decisions
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Does anyone know when the next wave of interview invites will come out?
Last year it was 9/21 if I remember correctly.. so im curious too, im wondering if interviews are going on all this week or what days they’re happening because maybe once this wave of interviews is over they’ll start sending more out? Idk [emoji1694][emoji1694][emoji1694]
D
deleted1187872
Wait, how can he send out acceptances if it is not October 15?Last week he said he might start sending calls tomorrow!
Some schools ignore AAMC traffic rulesWait, how can he send out acceptances if it is not October 15?
D
deleted1187872
Gotcha, thanks!Some schools ignore AAMC traffic rules
They wont officially release the letters most likely until 10/15.Some schools ignore AAMC traffic rules
Right, but they’ll call. In fact, cycletrack already reports 1 acceptance for today!They wont officially release the letters most likely until 10/15.
D
deleted1197021
Wow! No way!Right, but they’ll call. In fact, cycletrack already reports 1 acceptance for today!
Wow! No way!
Could be a misreport or a troll, no idea, but if it’s real I imagine that means more of y’all will get the call tomorrow 🙂!
No rejections this cycle so far?View attachment 392780
Could be a misreport or a troll, no idea, but if it’s real I imagine that means more of y’all will get the call tomorrow 🙂!
eggfriedrice
Full Member
OOS II, complete 07/20. happy to be a part of the next wave of interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BestLuck_T17
New Member
Anyone heard back from the interview? And wondering when was the 1st round interview? 9/12?
Anyone heard back from the interview? And wondering when was the 1st round interview? 9/12?
first interviews were that week yeah! 9/10 and 9/11
Early decision, probably?Wow! No way!
restingduck
Full Member
Is it possible to get an II at NYU if, hypothetically ofc, you submitted late August?
not me still working on tsIs it possible to get an II at NYU if, hypothetically ofc, you submitted late August?