Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet, when did you submit your secondaries?I did, haven't heard back yet though. Have you?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not yet, when did you submit your secondaries?I did, haven't heard back yet though. Have you?
I think there is a way to respond to that in a professional manner. Simply pointing out that you believe you meet the requirements is a form of advocating for yourself. Draft up an email detailing that you believe you meet the >3.5 graduate gpa requirement, reference where you got that information from, and try to type it in a professional and non-accusatory tone. If you meet the requirements, it makes sense that you should receive a secondary.Here's the odd part. One admissions officer responded and told me they would re-review. Another just repeated that my undergraduate GPA was not adequate....Despite having more than enough graduate credits >3.5....I don't want to piss someone off by reaching out and saying "Actually you're wrong."
Is there any recourse here?
I did try this, and then sent me an immediate reply just quoting that my undergraduate GPA was too low. Not sure if this is an issue with specific admissions officer not understanding their listed minimums or what.I think there is a way to respond to that in a professional manner. Simply pointing out that you believe you meet the requirements is a form of advocating for yourself. Draft up an email detailing that you believe you meet the >3.5 graduate gpa requirement, reference where you got that information from, and try to type it in a professional and non-accusatory tone. If you meet the requirements, it makes sense that you should receive a secondary.
Just to clarify, did they send you a secondary?I did try this, and then sent me an immediate reply just quoting that my undergraduate GPA was too low. Not sure if this is an issue with specific admissions officer not understanding their listed minimums or what.
I will add, I'm a career-change, reinvention applicant who did quite well in my SMP. In my current/old line of work, this would be something that I would "elevate up the chain of command", but I'm not sure how appropriate that is.
Agreed, the worst that can come out of it is a no.Just to clarify, did they send you a secondary?
To your point, I wonder if it would be worth reaching out to the dean of admissions. As another post stated, there is nothing wrong with advocating for yourself if you continue to stay respectful and professional, and you could do this with the tone of "I am very interested in this school and want to clarify for the sake of having the chance to apply"... keeping it in a positive done.
No secondary. I was reaching out to them as I technically meet the requirements to receive a secondary as stated on their website.Just to clarify, did they send you a secondary?
To your point, I wonder if it would be worth reaching out to the dean of admissions. As another post stated, there is nothing wrong with advocating for yourself if you continue to stay respectful and professional, and you could do this with the tone of "I am very interested in this school and want to clarify for the sake of having the chance to apply"... keeping it in a positive tone.
Your previous posts stated that you had a 518 MCAT score (and one post with a 517). Are trolling us?has anyone gotten an II with a 501?
maybe they could be asking for a friend, but I agree it is alarming to see the score disparitiesYour previous posts stated that you had a 518 MCAT score (and one post with a 517). Are trolling us?
any consensus on if it is alright to use this optional essay as a why us?what did y'all do for the optional essay? I'm wondering if I should do a gap year essay (most of the activities are stuff listed in my work/activities), use my diversity essay, or do a why us essay.
also had a manuscript recently accepted by a journal but idk if its worth using a 400 word essay to address that?
I don't think it's necessary. I interpreted the prompt as an opportunity share additional information about you that they don't already know. Not saying it would hurt, but unless you're sharing something new about yourself as an applicant through a "Why Us" essay, I'd leave it blank. For what it is worth, I left it blank and still got an interview invitation.any consensus on if it is alright to use this optional essay as a why us?
ok awesome tysm!I don't think it's necessary. I interpreted the prompt as an opportunity share additional information about you that they don't already know. Not saying it would hurt, but unless you're sharing something new about yourself as an applicant through a "Why Us" essay, I'd leave it blank. For what it is worth, I left it blank and still got an interview invitation.
bro he said secondary lolCongrats!! When did you submit?
my bad. brain is fried. I thought they gave secondaries to everyonebro he said secondary lol
Yes!Was verified 6/28, and just got a secondary from them, is it still worth it to complete?
+1Verified 7/29, OOS secondary 9/9 with an IA on my app
same lol (I didn't even apply to OUWB but still saw the word admissions)The adrenaline rush every time I see “Admissions” in my email
any out of state people get interviews yet?
I think people have been receiving IIs, but they are not necessarily posting on SDN! OUWB's website has an admissions tracker that you could follow: About - Admissions - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland Universityhas this school been quiet or are interviews going out?
thank you so much for this! Do u know if any other schools have something like this?I think people have been receiving IIs, but they are not necessarily posting on SDN! OUWB's website has an admissions tracker that you could follow: About - Admissions - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University
Only a few dothank you so much for this! Do u know if any other schools have something like this?
UMich, Colorado, and Vanderbilt are ones I know of!thank you so much for this! Do u know if any other schools have something like this?
Wayne state does as well!thank you so much for this! Do u know if any other schools have something like this?
At least a week in advance, in my case.For those who already interviewed, how far in advance were the names/positions of your interviewers posted on your portal?
does anyone know how many II sent out last year? thanksI think people have been receiving IIs, but they are not necessarily posting on SDN! OUWB's website has an admissions tracker that you could follow: About - Admissions - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University
its 500 accoding to msardoes anyone know how many II sent out last year? thanks
I have notAnyone get the learn more about us email?
Got it yesterday and it freaked me out.Anyone get the learn more about us email?
Perhaps! I believe they do screen. The only way to find out is by submitting the secondary.I just added this program a few days prior and got a secondary a day later. Is this a good sign?
Do you know when they might start giving out calls for A’s?Current M1 here if any of you have any questions!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.