You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scorpionfish
Full Member
hello
i was wondering for recent II, what interview dates were available? curious to see how far into their cycle they are
i was wondering for recent II, what interview dates were available? curious to see how far into their cycle they are
D
deleted1193601
hello
i was wondering for recent II, what interview dates were available? curious to see how far into their cycle they are
from what i recall there was at least one for each month until jan/feb (i didn’t scroll further than that tho)
Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.Dees
Full Member
not me lmaooNor your picture
MedMaverickX
Full Member
I’m excited that I can finally make a post like this….
OOS A This afternoon!! 🙂
OOS A This afternoon!! 🙂
strawberry32
Full Member
Congrats! When was ur interview?I’m excited that I can finally make a post like this….
OOS A This afternoon!! 🙂
strawberry32
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed in October heard back yet?
I interviewed on 09/27 and still haven't heard back.Has anyone who interviewed in October heard back yet?
Dr.Dees
Full Member
I interviewed on 09/27 and still haven't heard back.
same w me but im oos
Good luck bro 🫡same w me but im oos
Dr.Dees
Full Member
Good luck bro 🫡
you too [emoji1488]
MedMaverickX
Full Member
10/11!Congrats! When was ur interview?
dazed&confused24
Full Member
If I interviewed at the beginning of September and it has since been radio silence, would it be terrible to reach out and ask for an update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's fine to GIVE them an update about something new you are doing or, if you haven't done it, why you like their school so much.If I interviewed at the beginning of September and it has since been radio silence, would it be terrible to reach out and ask for an update?
I don't think it's good to ASK THEM for an update, that's essentially asking them, "well, are you going to admit me or not/" or "what's taking you so long?"
strawberry32
Full Member
Is there a specific day of the week that they call for As?
infinitemusix
Full Member
Anyone recently get an II?
D
deleted1193601
got one on HalloweenAnyone recently get an II?
D
deleted1193601
anyone have any words of wisdom/tips for the interview day? 🙂 mine is next thursday and the nerves just REALLY kicked in after seeing my interviewers on the portal haha. would really appreciate any pointers - this is my second interview and i really love this school <3
magentadaisy
Full Member
anyone have any words of wisdom/tips for the interview day? 🙂 mine is next thursday and the nerves just REALLY kicked in after seeing my interviewers on the portal haha. would really appreciate any pointers - this is my second interview and i really love this school <3
It is quite chill. They really stress everyone relaxing and being themselves. They just want to know more about you, how you handle stress, conflict, etc. One of my interviewers was pretty conversational, and the other was more structured. Overall, it was a nice interview 🙂, just make sure you're familiar with behavioral questions and experiences that you can use that highlight premedical competencies (compassion, empathy, professionalism, cultural competency, etc.).
I hope I could ease your nerves but please feel free to PM me if you have any more q's.
sneakysquirrel10
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed late September not gotten a response yet?
Yes, 09/27 and still nothing. You are not alone!Anyone who interviewed late September not gotten a response yet?
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from the 10/18 interview batch?
strawberry32
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from the 10/18 interview batch?
Not me
D
deleted1193601
This is SO helpful, thank you! :') You're so kind for such a thoughtful response - I'll def PM you if I have any more questions! 🙂It is quite chill. They really stress everyone relaxing and being themselves. They just want to know more about you, how you handle stress, conflict, etc. One of my interviewers was pretty conversational, and the other was more structured. Overall, it was a nice interview 🙂, just make sure you're familiar with behavioral questions and experiences that you can use that highlight premedical competencies (compassion, empathy, professionalism, cultural competency, etc.).
I hope I could ease your nerves but please feel free to PM me if you have any more q's.
NopeHas anyone heard back from the 10/18 interview batch?
Current M1 here if anyone has any questions!
D
deleted1193601
what's your favorite aspect of the OUWB curriculum? and how's the class dynamic/student life? 🙂Current M1 here if anyone has any questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have checked the invite tracker on their website and they have been very slowly but surely trickling more invites out. Past years they did 500 interviews exactly and are at 261 right now. I swear I checked a few weeks ago and it was at 250... Last year they sent invites into at least January according to cycletrack. They also don't look to have done one mass rejection in the spring, but around this time last year they started to send out small rejection waves (though these may have been post-interview, we can't be sure.Anyone get any recent IIs?
strawberry32
Full Member
For those of you that got As, what time did they call around?
~8:30 PSTFor those of you that got As, what time did they call around?
There's alot I like about the curriculum! I like how everything builds on itself super well. Like some weeks I'll be like why are we learning this but then just a few days after it all starts to make sense as we're presented with new material. It also integrates clinical correlations really well. For example, every now and then we'll have patient panels where they bring in a patient that has a certain condition we may be talking about which is really cool. There's also a good balance. Our two main classes are Anatomy and Biochemical Foundations but we also take a public health, bioethics, and doctoring skills course at the hospital that kind of serve as a break from those two. Class dynamic is good too. It's 50/50 IS vs OOS so you get to meet people from all over. The M2s are always there to help like they're in the anatomy lab during dissections. The staff and faculty are super supportive too.what's your favorite aspect of the OUWB curriculum? and how's the class dynamic/student life? 🙂
VINILOVER123
Full Member
OOS II complete 9/1 , lm 63
doggydog210
Full Member
IS ii today
dietdrpepperluvr
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group me?
magentadaisy
Full Member
Full tuition scholarship email received today!
strawberry32
Full Member
is there a certain day they usually send out decisions? It's been almost 6 weeks and I'm living every day in fear
D
deleted1193601
at my interview last Thursday they just said anywhere between 4-8 weeks 🙁 super vagueis there a certain day they usually send out decisions? It's been almost 6 weeks and I'm living every day in fear
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to you. Hopefully you all hear back sooner than me. I'm now more than 8 weeks out from my interview without a decision. Starting to feel worried...at my interview last Thursday they just said anywhere between 4-8 weeks 😛 super vague
Link to the Admitted Students groupme!Hey everyone! Current OUWB M1 here.
Congratulations to the newly accepted members of the Class of 2029! Get started meeting your fellow classmates through this groupme chat! Note that this is a totally informal group just to meet everyone.
GroupMe
groupme.com
magentadaisy
Full Member
How has the first semester been so far? How are the professor-written exams?Current M1 here if anyone has any questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from those who interviewed on 10/18?
strawberry32
Full Member
Nope yet one of my interviewers made it seem like we’d hear back so quickly 🥲Has anyone heard back from those who interviewed on 10/18?
Semester's been great! Everyone's been super nice and the professors are very helpful. I think their exam's are fair and adequately test what is being taught.How has the first semester been so far? How are the professor-written exams?
strawberry32
Full Member
I'm starting to get super impatient here 😭 does ANYONE have ANY insight to when we will hear back. Nearing 7 weeks post II 🥲
It will come. It took 8 weeks for my decisionI'm starting to get super impatient here 😭 does ANYONE have ANY insight to when we will hear back. Nearing 7 weeks post II 🥲