2024-2025 Roseman

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
he probably meant Vegas has a poor healthcare system (ranked last) which affects career outcomes
I’m a girl, but I’ve just noticed a lot of people applying from OOS are from the other side of the country. Making/planning a move to the other side and very quickly, if accepted, I can imagine will be very rough. Most people graduating from NV schools are staying here for residency - this was very evident with the Touro, UNR, and UNLV matches this Friday and it’s been the trend for the past few matches. I know Dean Jones has said he can and will do his very best to get the classes opportunities for away/audition rotations but at the end of the day their mission is to make Nevada physicians and I’m just posing the question of how many people want to actually live here for potentially 8+ years. That’s all 🤷🏻‍♀️ our healthcare system is terrible and the hospitals that will be used for rotations are not heavy academic hospitals and are disorganized compared to other places, all just some food for thought.
 
Did anyone take some notes on the informational zoom meeting that they had a couple of weeks ago and would be willing to share it w me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I submitted about 3 weeks ago what’s the chance that I’m still being considered for an interview? Wondering if people from that time period have heard back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who received an interview, how long did you wait after completing your application before receiving the invitation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II!! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement but does anyone who interviewed have any tips or could give a vibe check for what it was like? GL to everyone still waiting on II or A’s!
 
OOS II!! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement but does anyone who interviewed have any tips or could give a vibe check for what it was like? GL to everyone still waiting on II or A’s!

Traditional interview. Super relaxed and had great conversations with faculty. Vibes were good. Congrats!