You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cashyolan
Full Member
i was lurking 2023-2024 thread and it seems like a lot of MD acceptances for sept/oct were released around jan 24-25; since we 1) haven't gotten a big MD wave and 2) haven't had a lot of sept/oct/nov interviewees hear back, i don't think we are cooked????? but maybe this week we will hear back, not sure what day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mdobsessed64
Full Member
they told us on interview day we'd prob hear back "end of jan" so I assume that's this week. I guess there's not much we can do but wait.i was lurking 2023-2024 thread and it seems like a lot of MD acceptances for sept/oct were released around jan 24-25; since we 1) haven't gotten a big MD wave and 2) haven't had a lot of sept/oct/nov interviewees hear back, i don't think we are cooked????? but maybe this week we will hear back, not sure what day
cashyolan
Full Member
when did u interview? i interviewed in nov but cannot remember what they said... maybe i blocked it out 😄they told us on interview day we'd prob hear back "end of jan" so I assume that's this week. I guess there's not much we can do but wait.
mdobsessed64
Full Member
Early december!when did u interview? i interviewed in nov but cannot remember what they said... maybe i blocked it out 😄
KitchenSinkEnjoyer
Full Member
wait do they tell u if you're waitlisted the same time they give out As for people who interviewed with you??
no way they release As, then tease the people that got WL
im salivating thinking of a stanford A
no way they release As, then tease the people that got WL
im salivating thinking of a stanford A
wait do they tell u if you're waitlisted the same time they give out As for people who interviewed with you??
no way they release As, then tease the people that got WL
im salivating thinking of a stanford A
Yeah idk how this works. I thought call only means A but idk how they notify or WL. maybe email?
... what are our predictions for this week 😀 Friday maybe?
Oh hi thanks for helping me on the icahn feed lol. I’m thinking today lowkey because I know they release M and F…. but idk i’m trying not to have expectations
cashyolan
Full Member
yea ofc! good luck for your interview! / KH update about finalists comes out wednesday so I'm not sure if that helps with our predictionOh hi thanks for helping me on the icahn feed lol. I’m thinking today lowkey because I know they release M and F…. but idk i’m trying not to have expectations
Yeah at this point, idk anymore. Based on previous years, we guessed 1/22. But then, only a few people were accepted from like sep and oct, and a few who were MD PSTP. There hasn't been a big A wave for nov dec applicants who applied MD only. From what I know, they said mid January during the interview day so I'm expecting decisions to come out this week but at this point who knowsyea ofc! good luck for your interview! / KH update about finalists comes out wednesday so I'm not sure if that helps with our prediction
all those were sept and october interviewees. only saw one December MD-only interviewee posted here from viking_lama on fri, 1/17I just checked cycle track and they gave out several As (8 on 1/15). Maybe we just got waitlisted and haven't been notified yet?
cashyolan
Full Member
also many were PSPTall those were sept and october interviewees. only saw one December MD-only interviewee posted here from viking_lama on fri, 1/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we think sept/oct interviewees are cooked if we haven’t heard back yetall those were sept and october interviewees. only saw one December MD-only interviewee posted here from viking_lama on fri, 1/17
Randomguy128
Full Member
I'm hoping not but probablydo we think sept/oct interviewees are cooked if we haven’t heard back yet
Thought those Sept/October ones are the ones with MSTP? Judge from cycle track and compare with previous years, this year a lot more spots haven't been released yet
if we both get in, let's go on a run together : )Pondering this more, I really hope that everyone ends up where they're aspiring to be. I'm personally done with this thread and going to treat myself to a 10-mile run this evening. Cheers!
if we both get in, let's go on a run together : )
make sure your location is on so we can find the body
cashyolan
Full Member
GO RUN WISE UNIVERSITY WE SUPPORT UPondering this more, I really hope that everyone ends up where they're aspiring to be. I'm personally done with this thread and going to treat myself to a 10-mile run this evening. Cheers!
scientistabc
Full Member
could the delay be because of the pause on federal funding?
could the delay be because of the pause on federal funding?
Maybe? I guess we’ll see this week if decisions come out
I thought u weren't coming back to this thread I was so proud of you 😭Are there any Sept/Oct interviewees who haven't heard back yet but thought that they performed strongly?
Really starting to doubt everything at this point about the entire cycle.
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Society would become so beautiful if we make this a wellness/runner’s accountability thread ;-;
Anyone want in on a pact where we do one push up every time we get angsty intrusive thoughts about admissions? /j
Anyone want in on a pact where we do one push up every time we get angsty intrusive thoughts about admissions? /j
I'll go on a 6-mile run if I get in. The longest I've run before is 4 miles.
orangechicken77
New Member
Interesting that they haven't sent out any WLs, so I'm guessing they're a bit behind...I’m starting to wonder if we’re all just cooked, or if stanford is just ridiculously late this year?? It has to be this Friday then right?
Did anyone get KH finalist decisions yesterday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they were to send out decisions, those who got WL would get an email a few days after right?
i’ve seen WLs be released on the same day as acceptances
HobbyDoctor
Full Member
For those of you who submitted an update detailing a publication - how did you incorporate the ORCID link? Just a link to your ORCID profile? Or is there some way to link an individual publication?
For those of you who submitted an update detailing a publication - how did you incorporate the ORCID link? Just a link to your ORCID profile? Or is there some way to link an individual publication?
i provided my 16 digit orcid id
was we supposed to do that lmaoi provided my 16 digit orcid id
is it okay if I just linked the doi address?
HobbyDoctor
Full Member
i provided my 16 digit orcid id
Great, thanks! For other schools I've been hyperlinking the DOI. I think I'll hyperlink my ORCID ID/profile here since they requested ORCID.was we supposed to do that lmao
is it okay if I just linked the doi address?
Yeah I ended going back into to add the ORCID, its probably better to keep the DOI link bc not all of them show up on ORCID 🫡Great, thanks! For other schools I've been hyperlinking the DOI. I think I'll hyperlink my ORCID ID/profile here since they requested ORCID.
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Let's do this again.
Good luck to all of us today, rooting for everyone <3
Good luck to all of us today, rooting for everyone <3
HobbyDoctor
Full Member
Let's do this again.
Good luck to all of us today, rooting for everyone <3
around when did calls start last year? 10am PT?
I think like noon PT it started
scientistabc
Full Member
is today the day??
is today the day??
i REALLY hope so. if it’s not today i’m actually going to give up waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if today isn’t the day then tonight’s the night for adcom. /sis today the day??
pls i can't take this I'm at the edge of my seat
I’m checking this feed every minute lol
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
affirmation (for myself mostly) that all of us here have come a long way, and this decision does not define our value as a human! We know what we know, we love what we love, and we are what we are. Going/not going to Stanford does not change any of that 🙂