You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
7/7When did you guys submit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview is for BostonAre there any people with II from Boston track?
SameMy interview is for Boston
End of November I thinkhow far out are they scheduling interviews?
I did not see any, I had beginning of October to end of November to choose from@feeling_tiredd
Is there no September dates remaining?
StraightAd57
Full Member
Neurotic question but if I interviewed early september (first day) should I feel good about my chances or is that something no one really knows?
Receiving an interview early means you were chosen instead of many other applicants, so your application is definitely excellent in their eyes. I would think you have above average chances for an A.Neurotic question but if I interviewed early september (first day) should I feel good about my chances or is that something no one really knows?
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Need serious advice , I have 9 essays to write for Tufts (including combined programs) and was wondering if it is even worth it at this point? My stats aren't spectacular, but on par with the school (3.96, 507) pls help im feeling 🫨🫨
So, based on CycleTrack data, Tufts sent about 8 waves last year. Possibly more, but I’m unsure as people tend to input less data into CycleTrack as the cycle goes on. These websites also tend to favor early and high-stat applicants. This year they’ve sent 2 waves so far. With that considered, I would not say it’s too late, as that would indicate 1/4th or less of interview invites have gone out!Need serious advice , I have 9 essays to write for Tufts (including combined programs) and was wondering if it is even worth it at this point? My stats aren't spectacular, but on par with the school (3.96, 507) pls help im feeling 🫨🫨
However, you should consider whether it’s worth the time investment based on your stats. Your MCAT is 1 point below their 10th percentile according to the MSAR (507 vs. 508). Do you think you align well with their mission? Do you have a compelling reason for “Why Tufts”? Is your application built around service to the underserved? Are you from Massachusetts? If your answer to those questions is “Yes” I would say your chances are certainly improved!
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so if you have a lot of service to the underserved, can afford the secondary fee, and submitting here wouldn’t take away time from other important activities (like submitting to other schools), I would personally go for it!
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
ya i submitted 8/6 and haven't heard anything back as well but its clear they are still in July! I haven't has a single II just 2 Pre-II rejections and 1 hold 😢
TheHelper74
Full Member
ya i submitted 8/6 and haven't heard anything back as well but its clear they are still in July! I haven't has a single II just 2 Pre-II rejections and 1 hold 😢
Keep your head up! Everyone is saying it is still early because it is still early. Lots of IIs to be handed out in Oct, Nov, Dec and even early 2025.
apprehensive-cat
Full Member
I need some advice. I just realized I never submitted my information for the Maine track ............ I am feeling like such an idiot. I indicated a lot of interest and discussed it in my just regular secondary 🙁 Is it worth it at this point for me to send that in? Or am I too late do y'all think? My LM is 75, I am OOS and have no family ties to Mass/Maine, but come from a rural background and am a strong mission fit.
I don’t see how it could hurt to email them about itI need some advice. I just realized I never submitted my information for the Maine track ............ I am feeling like such an idiot. I indicated a lot of interest and discussed it in my just regular secondary 🙁 Is it worth it at this point for me to send that in? Or am I too late do y'all think? My LM is 75, I am OOS and have no family ties to Mass/Maine, but come from a rural background and am a strong mission fit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 LM 74 Complete 7/4. Silence. There is still so much time, patience is keyFor those of you waiting, if this data point helps. I have a LizzyM of 78 and complete date of 7/1. Still radio silence.
edit: Also based on cycletrack, I would wager that the next wave of invites would be sometime end of this month/early october.
TheHelper74
Full Member
For those of you waiting, if this data point helps. I have a LizzyM of 78 and complete date of 7/1. Still radio silence.
According to CycleTrack last cycle they sent out batches of interviews through late January. The vast majority were sent Oct-Jan. Hang in there!
southerncar
Full Member
same boat. I am not sure why I am here as I didn't apply Tufts. It seems every school is still on July, doesn't it?ya i submitted 8/6 and haven't heard anything back as well but its clear they are still in July! I haven't has a single II just 2 Pre-II rejections and 1 hold 😢
OOS II Boston right now. Submitted 7/8. LM 73
Last edited:
II 🙂!!! OOS, LM 80, complete 7/8!
seaweedbrain
Full Member
common mr macrophage WII 🙂!!! OOS, LM 80, complete 7/8!
intheguesthouse
Full Member
+1 II, OOS, Complete ?7/15
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
i was complete 6/30 and nothing from them yet hahaAnyone submit 7/20 and waiting?
same lol. Still timei was complete 6/30 and nothing from them yet haha
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
+1i was complete 6/30 and nothing from them yet haha
Anyone submit 7/20 and waiting?
i was complete 6/30 and nothing from them yet haha
same lol. Still time
Based on CycleTrack data from last year, they’re not even halfway done!
you keep taking them all, though. There probably aren't any left for us lmaoBased on CycleTrack data from last year, they’re not even halfway done!
mapled0nut
Full Member
OOS II received today (9/25), complete 7/8 🙂
powerpuffgirll
Full Member
Do they inform you that your application is being reviewed or you just get R or II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can honestly be said for most schools at this point 😎 (excluding the master of rolling admissions Pitt)Based on CycleTrack data from last year, they’re not even halfway done!
I really want to stay in Boston and Tufts has been leaving me out of their II waves 😢, come on Tufts plz look at me.
We are in the same boat, but at least you have some IIs 😢I really want to stay in Boston and Tufts has been leaving me out of their II waves 😢, come on Tufts plz look at me.
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
same minus boston cause i didn't survive the boston massacare of rejections they sent out a couple weeks agoWe are in the same boat, but at least you have some IIs 😢
You're not alone buddy, I didn't make it through as well 🤣same minus boston cause i didn't survive the boston massacare of rejections they sent out a couple weeks ago
powerpuffgirll
Full Member
Any new Maine track interviews/rejections? How far out are interviews scheduling for Maine track?
We are in the same boat, but at least you have some IIs 😢
I submitted everything extremely early!! I think it’s the timing of my app. Your IIs are probably on theirs ways too!
same minus boston cause i didn't survive the boston massacare of rejections they sent out a couple weeks ago
Same, I didn’t survive the Boston massacre either. 🥹
Come on Tufts send a wave
brainrobot294444
Full Member
it seemed like they were sending regular batches on wednesdays up until about 2 weeks ago 🙁Come on Tufts send a wave
Probably processing interview decisions and voting on stuff. Maybe next week!it seemed like they were sending regular batches on wednesdays up until about 2 weeks ago 🙁
happypremed2001
Full Member
Is anyone else freaking out about next week....tufts will probs send decisions for September interviews
StraightAd57
Full Member
Is anyone else freaking out about next week....tufts will probs send decisions for September interviews
yes. I’m banking on their high post II A rate according to admit.org lol. IMA CRY MAN
happypremed2001
Full Member
ahh i knowwww.... its like 60% post II A rate right! but my interview didn't go so well so I am scareddddddyes. I’m banking on their high post II A rate according to admit.org lol. IMA CRY MAN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll get it 🤝ahh i knowwww.... its like 60% post II A rate right! but my interview didn't go so well so I am scaredddddd
Trust the process!
happypremed2001
Full Member
thank you sm!You'll get it 🤝
Trust the process!
We got this!!!thank you sm!
Ask
forums.studentdoctor.net
2024-2025 Tufts
2024-2025 Tufts Secondary Essay Prompts (1000 characters each) 1. Do you wish to share a specific reason why have you chosen to apply to Tufts University School of Medicine? (Yes/No) 2. Please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. Will you be a student, working, conducting research...
happypremed2001
Full Member
Will Tufts send out As tomorrow? or later this week?