-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes!Are alternate list and waitlist the same thing?
purple3081
Full Member
+1 WL IS not top of WL. Interview 1/24
There was decent wl movement last year, where most of top of wl folks and some of regular wls were acceptedDoes anyone have any insight as to the size of the Top of waitlist vs regular waitlist? And how many people get off both?
albinotaco18
Full Member
Yes, mine says "near top of the waitlist"! Sorry I should have specified😓I got “near top of the waitlist.” Is that what yours says too or does it say “top of waitlist”
artemisqueen
Full Member
+1 IS waitlist. Doesn’t say top of the waitlist for me. Where did it say for those who got it?
premedwhoopss
Full Member
+WL top of list, does UCLA accept letters of intent post wait-list/when does WL find out if they got the spot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During office hours they said you can submit loi but they wouldnt be read or considered+WL top of list, does UCLA accept letters of intent post wait-list/when does WL find out if they got the spot?
88straight
Full Member
following this. Also, do they even read our update letters?+WL top of list, does UCLA accept letters of intent post wait-list/when does WL find out if they got the spot?
premedwhoopss
Full Member
would be or would not?During office hours they said you can submit loi but they would be read or considered
Wouldnt**would be or would not?
I still think it couldn’t hurt to submit one though
+1 IS WL interviewed in September.
Wailisted, no "top". Anyone know how many are "top of the waitlist" and how many are regular waitlist?
looks like ALOT of people got WL 😕Wailisted, no "top". Anyone know how many are "top of the waitlist" and how many are regular waitlist?
premedwhoopss
Full Member
according to MSAR, they offer 250 waitlist spots and 150 offers, so prob somewhere in 50-100 TOFTWL and the rest regular is my guessWailisted, no "top". Anyone know how many are "top of the waitlist" and how many are regular waitlist?
happypremed2001
Full Member
same+1 OOS WL (no top :/) interviewed in Sept
artemisqueen
Full Member
wow that’s a lot. Tell me why I assumed top of the waitlist is actually the first 10 or something 😅 Not until 50-ishaccording to MSAR, they offer 250 waitlist spots and 150 offers, so prob somewhere in 50-100 TOFTWL and the rest regular is my guess
premedwhoopss
Full Member
that's just my guess! it could very well be 10 but that seems low considering the 250 WL spots 🤷♀️wow that’s a lot. Tell me why I assumed top of the waitlist is actually the first 10 or something 😅 Not until 50-ish
purple3081
Full Member
Is near the top and top of the waitlist the same thing or two different categories?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of the I'm assuming 1,000 or so they interviewed this cycle, then does that mean a quarter of the interviewees were accepted, a quarter were waitlisted, and half were rejected? I have no idea if those figures are accurate so I'm waiting on people who have better perspectives.
purple3081
Full Member
Honestly that sounds about right. Did anyone get rejections today?
Out of the I'm assuming 1,000 or so they interviewed this cycle, then does that mean a quarter of the interviewees were accepted, a quarter were waitlisted, and half were rejected? I have no idea if those figures are accurate so I'm waiting on people who have better perspectives.
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Did everyone who said they received a "top" email have the words " As your application is near the top of our list" in their email, or did anyone's "top" email not have the word "near" in it?Is near the top and top of the waitlist the same thing or two different categories?
purple3081
Full Member
I honestly feel like us late January interview folks basically interviewed for WL spots. I didn’t really see anyone from the later Jan interview dates get an A
I can see this proceeding to "I got..." top of the waitlist, near the top, really adjacent to near the top, slightly to kinda adjacent to being near the top, regular waitlist, and bro please don't take it the wrong way but you miiiiight not have much of a chance so maybe take this weekend to indulge in a delicious cupcake or two. 😉
Brothers and sisters, this is genuine: from my exhausted but excited heart to yours, you deserve a good relaxing weekend. You've done SO MUCH this cycle. Primaries, secondaries, tests, more tests, interviews, and a ton of other stuff. I commend you on everything you've accomplished. I hope to meet some of you someday soon whether you were accepted or a regular waitlist, like I was, hopefully here or at another school.
Brothers and sisters, this is genuine: from my exhausted but excited heart to yours, you deserve a good relaxing weekend. You've done SO MUCH this cycle. Primaries, secondaries, tests, more tests, interviews, and a ton of other stuff. I commend you on everything you've accomplished. I hope to meet some of you someday soon whether you were accepted or a regular waitlist, like I was, hopefully here or at another school.
Last edited:
dreamingmed
Full Member
I have the same question.Is near the top and top of the waitlist the same thing or two different categories?
+1 IS, Not in the top of the waitlist...
Can someone who got "Top of the waitlist" or "Near the Top of the waitlist", paste a snippet of the email?
dreamingmed
Full Member
Thank you. Regular WL I received says
"Your application to the 2025 entering class has been carefully and holistically reviewed by our Admissions Committee and while it was not selected for one of the limited spaces available for an admission offer, the Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you the option to be placed on our alternate list. Candidates from the alternate list will be offered admission should class spaces open prior to the start of classes in August 2025. "
Now the remaining mystery is Are there only two buckets ( near the top and regular) or 3 buckets (top, near the top and regular) .. I am trying to understand my chances with those tiers 🙂 🙂
"Your application to the 2025 entering class has been carefully and holistically reviewed by our Admissions Committee and while it was not selected for one of the limited spaces available for an admission offer, the Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you the option to be placed on our alternate list. Candidates from the alternate list will be offered admission should class spaces open prior to the start of classes in August 2025. "
Now the remaining mystery is Are there only two buckets ( near the top and regular) or 3 buckets (top, near the top and regular) .. I am trying to understand my chances with those tiers 🙂 🙂
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Based on the fact that there are a ton of active followers of this thread, if there were something above “near the top” on the waitlist, someone would have reported it already
Plus I doubt the admissions office would openly tell multiple people “you are at the top of our list”, because “the top” refers to a singular person
Plus I doubt the admissions office would openly tell multiple people “you are at the top of our list”, because “the top” refers to a singular person
Based on the fact that there are a ton of active followers of this thread, if there were something above “near the top” on the waitlist, someone would have reported it already
Plus I doubt the admissions office would openly tell multiple people “you are at the top of our list”, because “the top” refers to a singular person
People who said they were “top of waitlist” just confused others
eggplant05
Full Member
+[emoji23[emoji644][emoji645]] regular waitlist interviewed in September
LadyGagaFan
Full Member
+1 IS regular WL, interviewed Oct!
truthwarrior
Full Member
+1 OOS top of waitlist ec
purple3081
Full Member
On the MSAR report it says that they usually offer 250 WL positions and send out 150 offers. How does that make sense? Isn’t that a LOT of people that get accepted off the WL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RadRaddish
Full Member
This is a silly question but will UCLA send us a reject email soon for those of us that have not got interviews? Or should I send them an email to withdraw the application since I got accepted somewhere else?
Does anyone know the answer to this??On the MSAR report it says that they usually offer 250 WL positions and send out 150 offers. How does that make sense? Isn’t that a LOT of people that get accepted off the WL?
Anyone notice all those designated “top of the waitlist” are OOS applicants? Interested to know what type of correlation this has
purple3081
Full Member
that’s very interesting I wonder why that isAnyone notice all those designated “top of the waitlist” are OOS applicants? Interested to know what type of correlation this has