2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard anything ab ucla potentially changing preclinical from 12 to 16 months? saw someone comment ab this and am very curious to know if that is under consideration right now.
They are going to announce the official curriculum with all of its changes during admitted students weekend. I believe they are going to lengthen it so that Step 1 is taken before M2. I personally would prefer to take Step 1 before rotations at any school. I would hope that the "lengthening" includes dedicated time for Step 1 studying at the end.
 
OOS regular waitlist. Does anyone have advice on what to do next? I have some updates I’d like to share with the school which I know can be uploaded to the portal. Is there another way I can show interest? I know they specified to only upload updates to the portal and not to email admissions a letter of interest, does it change if you are waitlisted. This is my dream school and I absolutely will go if I get in, any advice would be much appreciated. I hope we all can end up going to our dream schools!
 
Is there precedent for all/almost all of the people 'near the top' of WL getting As in past cycles? Esp with 150/250 WL admits according to MSAR?
 
Is there precedent for all/almost all of the people 'near the top' of WL getting As in past cycles? Esp with 150/250 WL admits according to MSAR?
i looked at the last two cycle on sdn, almost everyone who shared that they were "near the top" got off the wl in May, and then close to half for regular wl ppl.

obv every year is a little different cause it depends on how many of the already accepted students decline their offer, but there is hope
 
Is there precedent for all/almost all of the people 'near the top' of WL getting As in past cycles? Esp with 150/250 WL admits according to MSAR?
I’m not sure but in previous years it seems like most of the people that were high priority WLs got off and even extended to the regular WL pool. Also, my theory is that last year had an unusually large WL movement because of a faculty member exposing the curriculum on SDN last year (basically saying that DGSOM students were grossly underprepared for step 1 and 2). My assumption is maybe a lot of students declined their offer because of that and decided not to go. In previous years the WL was 50/150 and even 70/200 which seems more realistic
 
I’m not sure but in previous years it seems like most of the people that were high priority WLs got off and even extended to the regular WL pool. Also, my theory is that last year had an unusually large WL movement because of a faculty member exposing the curriculum on SDN last year (basically saying that DGSOM students were grossly underprepared for step 1 and 2). My assumption is maybe a lot of students declined their offer because of that and decided not to go. In previous years the WL was 50/150 and even 70/200 which seems more realistic
I feel like all of the "top of WL" ppl got in right since priority... if regular WL ppl started getting accepted? idk just assumption haha. i also think the "top of WL" is prolly only like 10-20 ppl
 
I’m not sure but in previous years it seems like most of the people that were high priority WLs got off and even extended to the regular WL pool. Also, my theory is that last year had an unusually large WL movement because of a faculty member exposing the curriculum on SDN last year (basically saying that DGSOM students were grossly underprepared for step 1 and 2). My assumption is maybe a lot of students declined their offer because of that and decided not to go. In previous years the WL was 50/150 and even 70/200 which seems more realistic
I think most from what I read chose their own state schools/other schools cause dgsom was offering no aid whatsoever and their award letter was coming up to be 420k+
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like all of the "top of WL" ppl got in right since priority... if regular WL ppl started getting accepted? idk just assumption haha. i also think the "top of WL" is prolly only like 10-20 ppl
I think so too cause top and regular people were getting off both together on may 1st/2nd
 
I think most from what I read chose their own state schools/other schools cause dgsom was offering no aid whatsoever and their award letter was coming up to be 420k+
Yeah that too. Maybe that’s why most of the “near the top” people are OOS students so that way they can quickly replace any OOS students that decline their offer
 
Sorry I think this is a very repeated question but does UCLA take letters of intent or letters of interest for applicants on the WL? I think someone said previously that they might not read it but we can submit it?
 
I’m not sure but in previous years it seems like most of the people that were high priority WLs got off and even extended to the regular WL pool. Also, my theory is that last year had an unusually large WL movement because of a faculty member exposing the curriculum on SDN last year (basically saying that DGSOM students were grossly underprepared for step 1 and 2). My assumption is maybe a lot of students declined their offer because of that and decided not to go. In previous years the WL was 50/150 and even 70/200 which seems more realistic
Why did I just see an Instagram video talking about this, I can't tell if this is me being delulu, but I hope it is fearmongering.
 
This was the video I was watching. He was just complaining about how students would be underprepared for some of the exams we will take. I am hoping he is exaggerating about how big of a problem it will be.


Yeah i will say it definitely is something worth thinking about. During my interview day, the medical students I spoke to had different thoughts about it with some saying that they didn't feel like the curriculum is "as bad as people say" and others saying that when it came to step 1 and 2 they didn't feel as prepared compared to their friends at other schools. Idk hopefully the new curriculum addressing these pitfalls
 
This was the video I was watching. He was just complaining about how students would be underprepared for some of the exams we will take. I am hoping he is exaggerating about how big of a problem it will be.


This guy has no source for this other than that one post on SDN, which many UCLA students I spoke to dismissed as bogus. It’s become a big rumor. This guy has a ton of click bait content on his page. He also implied and liked comments outright saying the reason UCLA had this drop is bc they are a racially diverse school. I don’t think this spine surgeon in San Antonio is someone anyone should be looking at as some authority on what is happening at UCLA lol
 
This guy has no source for this other than that one post on SDN, which many UCLA students I spoke to dismissed as bogus. It’s become a big rumor. This guy has a ton of click bait content on his page. He also implied and liked comments outright saying the reason UCLA had this drop is bc they are a racially diverse school. I don’t think this spine surgeon in San Antonio is someone anyone should be looking at as some authority on what is happening at UCLA lol
i feel much more relieved now
 
This guy has no source for this other than that one post on SDN, which many UCLA students I spoke to dismissed as bogus. It’s become a big rumor. This guy has a ton of click bait content on his page. He also implied and liked comments outright saying the reason UCLA had this drop is bc they are a racially diverse school. I don’t think this spine surgeon in San Antonio is someone anyone should be looking at as some authority on what is happening at UCLA lol
Thank you for this!!
 
A lot of students during my interview said they wish they attended a different school and wanted more guidance from faculty about when to take step exams. This was a huge red flag for me, but I was ultimately accepted and am heavily considering attending. Second look will be the deciding factor. A MS3 said it’s the “blind leading the blind” which definitely discouraged me a bit. I am an independent learner, but I’m also first gen and have no idea how to navigate the medical system/what to do to match in a desired specialty so I’m nervous if I end up going here.
I think it’s very reasonable to be concerned about the effect of the curriculum change, but I think the doomer esque nature of that post overstated it.
Woah we had very different groups of students on interview day. All of mine were very confident about Step etc, very dismissive of that post, and just emphasized the importance of being self motivated to get the work done. I don’t think this curriculum issue will impact the guidance given around matching though, this is a really really great school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This guy has no source for this other than that one post on SDN, which many UCLA students I spoke to dismissed as bogus. It’s become a big rumor. This guy has a ton of click bait content on his page. He also implied and liked comments outright saying the reason UCLA had this drop is bc they are a racially diverse school. I don’t think this spine surgeon in San Antonio is someone anyone should be looking at as some authority on what is happening at UCLA lol
I don't think this is accurate.

The reason the guy posted it is because there was a news article that reported 50% of ucla students failing at least 1 shelf exam and 50% of students not taking Step 1 by some point in their third year. From what I understand, these are both true, unfortunately. I think the reason for these issues is most likely due to the new curriculum being implemented poorly. There has been drastic changes in student enrollment (see this reddit post: ), and I think some folks are trying to correlate the two (again, I think it's prob mostly due to the new curriculum).
 
I think it’s very reasonable to be concerned about the effect of the curriculum change, but I think the doomer esque nature of that post overstated it.
Woah we had very different groups of students on interview day. All of mine were very confident about Step etc, very dismissive of that post, and just emphasized the importance of being self motivated to get the work done. I don’t think this curriculum issue will impact the guidance given around matching though, this is a really really great school
Yeah one of my medical students said that UCLA has a very "work hard, play hard" kinda culture in the sense that a lot of the learning falls on you as a student. Obviously every med student has different learning styles and so everyone is going to have different experiences but my med student was a first gen student and talked about he struggled a lot his first year. UCLA-DGSOM used to be my top school and I'm really grateful to have gotten A's elsewhere but I won't be super upset if I don't get off the waitlist tbh
 
I don't think this is accurate.

The reason the guy posted it is because there was a news article that reported 50% of ucla students failing at least 1 shelf exam and 50% of students not taking Step 1 by some point in their third year. From what I understand, these are both true, unfortunately. I think the reason for these issues is most likely due to the new curriculum being implemented poorly. There has been drastic changes in student enrollment (see this reddit post: ), and I think some folks are trying to correlate the two (again, I think it's prob mostly due to the new curriculum).

Alright, this one may get deleted later.

Asians still comprise the largest group of students at DGSOM per MSAR.

DGSOM has 60%+ low SES students. Compare this to 6% at NYU. Most Schools have closer to 20%. You can check the data on admit.org excel document on rankings and see where this is pulled from.

People are always trying to figure out why DGSOM has slightly lower metrics on average. I promise you that the SES stats above are more correlated than race. There are also a lot of people that do not get into DGSOM as it has a huge applicant pool. Many of these people are Asian because the reality is that there are public high schools in greater LA where 70% of the student body is Asian. This can lead to a lot of frustration, but Asians still comprise the majority of the class.

People also love to attribute "poor performance" with having "less asians." The reality is that if someone wants to perpetuate the "school in crisis" stuff, it would be because the school and newest admission team is committed to their interpretation of equity and that has meant taking more low SES kids than nearly anywhere else. This can be understandably be a little rocky when you also have a shortened and student-friendly new curriculum and there were probably some minor issues. They seem to be trying to update the curriculum to address some of this.

If you want to base an argument on a school taking too many poor kids now, feel free. The uniqueness of a DGSOM class compared to other schools primarily stems from this, in my opinion. By the way, there are also low SES Asians! And my guess is they are more represented at DGSOM than nearly anywhere else. Do you think these students can become outstanding physicians at the same clip as people that have had more foundational opportunities? That can be debated. I think it is gutsy for a school to do what DGSOM does because as the SES data will tell you that is the true outlier with the student body. It is also kind of cool, compared to a peer institution with 6% low SES being the one with free tuition for all but also the highest stats with lowest SD.

I know a lot of people here are young, but try and have some agency and be a little less insecure. Even my words are just words on a forum. If this same perpetuated crisis rumor and instagram videos are enough to make you reconsider DGSOM and wish you were going to a different admit weekend, I do not think you are approaching this the right way. Medical school is for adult learners and you determine what you get out of your education and what opportunities are available to you regardless of where you go. If you can't get into a residency that you like while tied to the biggest healthcare system in LA (UCLA Health), it is on you, not the school and its reputation.

I also have worries, admittedly (that school in crisis article just annoys me). This next match list in march/april will be the first one with the new curriculum. We may find out if any residency directors are susceptible to rumors and I do not put it past them. But I also doubt it, and UCLA home programs are largely fine and they want to keep their students. Another thing is I also think that something odd is going on with their financial aid post Geffen scholarship and we will see what happens with that. I get the feeling they are low on donors, which is a shame. I also think that they are a bit nontransparent and "wishy washy" is not a bad way of describing their admin offices as someone else put lol.

But at the end of the day, only pre-meds could find a way to not see the value of going to the best medical school tied to the largest healthcare system in LOS ANGELES 😂😂 if you want to go to gunner-culture school where you can freeze half the year and work your ass off to make sure you dont feel in crisis feel free lol. UCLA is one of the best gigs in the country, if you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for it (and maybe even if you do), and it ALWAYS will be because LA is an extremely desirable and diverse place. I currently plan on passing on two T10s with full ride/tuition off if DGSOM can even approximate that amount of aid/ COA (which sadly, may not be the case based on last year's thread).

To anyone worried about the caliber of student that is considering DGSOM or goes to DGSOM, look at where else the students got in. Most of the time, it will include multiple acceptances to elite schools.
 
Last edited:
Alright, this one may get deleted later.

Asians still comprise the largest group of students at DGSOM per MSAR.

DGSOM has 60%+ low SES students. Compare this to 6% at NYU. Most Schools have closer to 20%. You can check the data on admit.org excel document on rankings and see where this is pulled from.

People are always trying to figure out why DGSOM has slightly lower metrics on average. I promise you that the SES stats above are more correlated than race. There are also a lot of people that do not get into DGSOM as it has a huge applicant pool. Many of these people are Asian because the reality is that there are public high schools in greater LA where 70% of the student body is Asian. This can lead to a lot of frustration, but Asians still comprise the majority of the class.

People also love to attribute "poor performance" with having "less asians." The reality is that if someone wants to perpetuate the "school in crisis" stuff, it would be because the school and newest admission team is committed to their interpretation of equity and that has meant taking more low SES kids than nearly anywhere else. This can be understandably be a little rocky when you also have a shortened and student-friendly new curriculum and there were probably some minor issues. They seem to be trying to update the curriculum to address some of this.

If you want to base an argument on a school taking too many poor kids now, feel free. The uniqueness of a DGSOM class compared to other schools primarily stems from this, in my opinion. By the way, there are also low SES Asians! And my guess is they are more represented at DGSOM than nearly anywhere else. Do you think these students can become outstanding physicians at the same clip as people that have had more foundational opportunities? That can be debated. I think it is gutsy for a school to do what DGSOM does because as the SES data will tell you that is the true outlier with the student body. It is also kind of cool, compared to a peer institution with 6% low SES being the one with free tuition for all but also the highest stats with lowest SD.

I know a lot of people here are young, but try and have some agency and be a little less insecure. Even my words are just words on a forum. If this same perpetuated crisis rumor and instagram videos are enough to make you reconsider DGSOM and wish you were going to a different admit weekend, I do not think you are approaching this the right way. Medical school is for adult learners and you determine what you get out of your education and what opportunities are available to you regardless of where you go. If you can't get into a residency that you like while tied to the biggest healthcare system in LA (UCLA Health), it is on you, not the school and its reputation.

I also have worries, admittedly (that school in crisis article just annoys me). This next match list in march/april will be the first one with the new curriculum. We may find out if any residency directors are susceptible to rumors and I do not put it past them. But I also doubt it, and UCLA home programs are largely fine and they want to keep their students. Another thing is I also think that something odd is going on with their financial aid post Geffen scholarship and we will see what happens with that. I get the feeling they are low on donors, which is a shame. I also think that they are a bit nontransparent and "wishy washy" is not a bad way of describing their admin offices as someone else put lol.

But at the end of the day, only pre-meds could find a way to not see the value of going to the best medical school tied to the largest healthcare system in LOS ANGELES 😂😂 if you want to go to gunner-culture school where you can freeze half the year and work your ass off to make sure you dont feel in crisis feel free lol. UCLA is one of the best gigs in the country, if you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for it (and maybe even if you do), and it ALWAYS will be because LA is an extremely desirable and diverse place. I currently plan on passing on two T10s with full ride/tuition off if DGSOM can even approximate that amount of aid/ COA (which sadly, may not be the case based on last year's thread).

To anyone worried about the caliber of student that is considering DGSOM or goes to DGSOM, look at where else the students got in. Most of the time, it will include multiple acceptances to elite schools.

But yeah some of you sound like you are trying to get people to give up their spot with how you are writing in this thread lol. I feel bad for people that did not get in too! But come on guys, like if we are classmates lets be the reason the reputation stays strong. It is not the school's responsibility to get us to work hard when they are giving students the privilege of flexibility.
Not 100% sure what your point is here but I generally agree with what you're saying. To your point, if they only cared about stats, they could easily have a 520+ average, but they emphasize other parts of the application.

As a public school, I do think they should trying to help uplift people from lower income backgrounds, at least at a rate higher than private unis. My post was trying to give context as to why that instagram video was posted.

Generally, if you can get in, you can probably be self-disciplined enough to do very well here. I doubt the recent worries will have a drastic impact on how graduates are perceived (although only time will tell). That said, if people are going to spend hundreds of thousands of $$ and 4 years, they should learn about all the goods and bads of a school.
 
Alright, this one may get deleted later.

Asians still comprise the largest group of students at DGSOM per MSAR.

DGSOM has 60%+ low SES students. Compare this to 6% at NYU. Most Schools have closer to 20%. You can check the data on admit.org excel document on rankings and see where this is pulled from.

People are always trying to figure out why DGSOM has slightly lower metrics on average. I promise you that the SES stats above are more correlated than race. There are also a lot of people that do not get into DGSOM as it has a huge applicant pool. Many of these people are Asian because the reality is that there are public high schools in greater LA where 70% of the student body is Asian. This can lead to a lot of frustration, but Asians still comprise the majority of the class.

People also love to attribute "poor performance" with having "less asians." The reality is that if someone wants to perpetuate the "school in crisis" stuff, it would be because the school and newest admission team is committed to their interpretation of equity and that has meant taking more low SES kids than nearly anywhere else. This can be understandably be a little rocky when you also have a shortened and student-friendly new curriculum and there were probably some minor issues. They seem to be trying to update the curriculum to address some of this.

If you want to base an argument on a school taking too many poor kids now, feel free. The uniqueness of a DGSOM class compared to other schools primarily stems from this, in my opinion. By the way, there are also low SES Asians! And my guess is they are more represented at DGSOM than nearly anywhere else. Do you think these students can become outstanding physicians at the same clip as people that have had more foundational opportunities? That can be debated. I think it is gutsy for a school to do what DGSOM does because as the SES data will tell you that is the true outlier with the student body. It is also kind of cool, compared to a peer institution with 6% low SES being the one with free tuition for all but also the highest stats with lowest SD.

I know a lot of people here are young, but try and have some agency and be a little less insecure. Even my words are just words on a forum. If this same perpetuated crisis rumor and instagram videos are enough to make you reconsider DGSOM and wish you were going to a different admit weekend, I do not think you are approaching this the right way. Medical school is for adult learners and you determine what you get out of your education and what opportunities are available to you regardless of where you go. If you can't get into a residency that you like while tied to the biggest healthcare system in LA (UCLA Health), it is on you, not the school and its reputation.

I also have worries, admittedly (that school in crisis article just annoys me). This next match list in march/april will be the first one with the new curriculum. We may find out if any residency directors are susceptible to rumors and I do not put it past them. But I also doubt it, and UCLA home programs are largely fine and they want to keep their students. Another thing is I also think that something odd is going on with their financial aid post Geffen scholarship and we will see what happens with that. I get the feeling they are low on donors, which is a shame. I also think that they are a bit nontransparent and "wishy washy" is not a bad way of describing their admin offices as someone else put lol.

But at the end of the day, only pre-meds could find a way to not see the value of going to the best medical school tied to the largest healthcare system in LOS ANGELES 😂😂 if you want to go to gunner-culture school where you can freeze half the year and work your ass off to make sure you dont feel in crisis feel free lol. UCLA is one of the best gigs in the country, if you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for it (and maybe even if you do), and it ALWAYS will be because LA is an extremely desirable and diverse place. I currently plan on passing on two T10s with full ride/tuition off if DGSOM can even approximate that amount of aid/ COA (which sadly, may not be the case based on last year's thread).

To anyone worried about the caliber of student that is considering DGSOM or goes to DGSOM, look at where else the students got in. Most of the time, it will include multiple acceptances to elite schools.

But yeah some of you sound like you are trying to get people to give up their spot with how you are writing in this thread lol. I feel bad for people that did not get in too! But come on guys, like if we are classmates lets be the reason the reputation stays strong. It is not the school's responsibility to get us to work hard when they are giving students the privilege of flexibility.
I agree everything except for the last part. I think it’s a bit invalidating to assume that anyone who voices concerns about the school is “trying to get people to give up their spot”. Saying that silences applicants (who for the most part have very legit concerns).
 
I agree everything except for the last part. I think it’s a bit invalidating to assume that anyone who voices concerns about the school is “trying to get people to give up their spot”. Saying that silences applicants (who for the most part have very legit concerns).
I will remove that, given that I do not mean to invalidate.
 
Not 100% sure what your point is here but I generally agree with what you're saying. To your point, if they only cared about stats, they could easily have a 520+ average, but they emphasize other parts of the application.

As a public school, I do think they should trying to help uplift people from lower income backgrounds, at least at a rate higher than private unis. My post was trying to give context as to why that instagram video was posted.

Generally, if you can get in, you can probably be self-disciplined enough to do very well here. I doubt the recent worries will have a drastic impact on how graduates are perceived (although only time will tell). That said, if people are going to spend hundreds of thousands of $$ and 4 years, they should learn about all the goods and bads of a school.
It is cherry picked data that can easily be attributed to natural fluctuations in a class. Respectfully, I find most of what is on that post you linked to be sensationalist disinformation. You seem to be able to parse through this, but impressionable people read that headline and the named dropped dean and run with it. It is the type of thing that explodes on social media. That is why the post is popular and why the med-influencer brings these types of ideas up.

DGSOM med students address most of these headlines and concerns in the original "school in crisis" post in a very thorough way. But it is clear that people do not read that far or closely, so posting these types of things ends up feeling more disinformative than anything else.
 
Last edited:
I don't think this is accurate.

The reason the guy posted it is because there was a news article that reported 50% of ucla students failing at least 1 shelf exam and 50% of students not taking Step 1 by some point in their third year. From what I understand, these are both true, unfortunately. I think the reason for these issues is most likely due to the new curriculum being implemented poorly. There has been drastic changes in student enrollment (see this reddit post: ), and I think some folks are trying to correlate the two (again, I think it's prob mostly due to the new curriculum).

My bad, I was unaware of that article. I read what the atlantic cited (no paywall) and if all those quotes by the dean are true, yikes.
Some of those stats are surprising, and I hope adjusting the curriculum will help address whatever lapses have formed. (I really hope people who were able to go to the happy hour have been asking about this, especially shelf performance!!)

I also can’t help but wonder how the decline in performance might be related to the pandemic, if at all
 
For those that couldn’t make it: Brown Bag/Student Happy Hour was about student life, they asked us to refer to the previous happy hour that was centered on the curriculum for those types of questions (they said it’s recorded, I couldn’t find it when I looked briefly but someone said to email admissions).

As far as that surgeon's video, this reads to me as obvious click/rage bait. Physicians aren’t immune from having poorly researched and/or intentionally inflammatory takes, especially when they’re trying to be TikTok famous like he is. That’s what gets clicks. He posted another video right after on his TikTok with the title “this top medical school had 50% of their students fail this test 😳” emoji and all. this isn’t serious journalism try not to let it get to you.

I’m on the WL but I’d encourage everyone lucky enough to be holding an A to seek out current students, ask about/check the match results when they come in, and use admitted students day to ask well thought out, specific questions to admin and currents students.

You’re right to be discerning about the next four years but don’t let TikTok man get ya down. For what it’s worth the students at my interview day had overwhelmingly positive things to say about the school.

Have a great night y’all!
 
got it thanks. not invited to admitted students bc on top of WL rip but would rly appreciate an update once u guys find out!
For another school, my friend said that she's invited to their Second Look even though she's on the WL

Anyone from 'top of the WL' asked if we could go? Might be helpful for candidates who would seriously consider this school if we'd get off of the WL haha
 
tbh I feel like I have read similar things about most schools regarding step 1 performance (and even worse from students of certain HBCUs). Now how much of that is school specific and not the influx of curriculum changes that followed the pass/fail trend? Idk about anything else but as someone who is low SES and URM, I've had to go through "low tier" systems (dont really believe them to be low tier but we live in stratification) and make my way through them to get to my goals. I've never felt supported at any part of this process and I have done fine. I think a lot of us regardless of social classification have this experience also. The fears are valid, but you'll probably encounter it in other spaces and in various other ways. Make the choice that best suites you! Im picking UCLA and hope to see some of yall either in school or in the field !! 😉
 
Submitted my secondary in July with no news. Followed up with adcoms recently, was told if I have heard no news then "you are still being considered". Given previous cycle track data doubt any interviews will be going out. Unfortunate reality of med admissions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
again, DID everyone who didn't get an A post interview get WL'd? I'm starting to worry that the WL has like 700 students on it given the fact that they interview 1000
 
Can any top of the WL applicants confirm if under the "Waitlist Decision MD" tab in the AMP portal, it reads: "Candidates from the alternate list will be offered admission should class spaces open prior to the start of classes in August 2025."

The email they sent me mentioned I was near the top of WL, but the decision tab contains the wording of a regular WL...
yes, same here and for others
 
Can any top of the WL applicants confirm if under the "Waitlist Decision MD" tab in the AMP portal, it reads: "Candidates from the alternate list will be offered admission should class spaces open prior to the start of classes in August 2025."

The email they sent me mentioned I was near the top of WL, but the decision tab contains the wording of a regular WL...
Same here!