You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BioethicsGuy101
New Member
+1 OOS A - top of the WL.
Apologies if this has been addressed already - but with the lengthening of pre-clerkship year, are students still allowed to pursue a dual degree during the discovery phase? Has DGSOM addressed any of the concerns re: lack of preparedness for shelf exams/clerkships/Step 1 and 2? Thank you! 🙂
Apologies if this has been addressed already - but with the lengthening of pre-clerkship year, are students still allowed to pursue a dual degree during the discovery phase? Has DGSOM addressed any of the concerns re: lack of preparedness for shelf exams/clerkships/Step 1 and 2? Thank you! 🙂
Just now?+1 OOS A - top of the WL.
Apologies if this has been addressed already - but with the lengthening of pre-clerkship year, are students still allowed to pursue a dual degree during the discovery phase? Has DGSOM addressed any of the concerns re: lack of preparedness for shelf exams/clerkships/Step 1 and 2? Thank you! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1199638
Majority of accepted students did not receive aid so it’s unlikely that people off WL will get anyOut of curiosity, is there potential financial aid left for the ones who got off WL?
meoopsshiba
Full Member
Congrats! If I remember correctly, you can pursue another degree but it won't fall in the same 4 year time frame as it used to. My guess is you would have to take an extra year.+1 OOS A - top of the WL.
Apologies if this has been addressed already - but with the lengthening of pre-clerkship year, are students still allowed to pursue a dual degree during the discovery phase? Has DGSOM addressed any of the concerns re: lack of preparedness for shelf exams/clerkships/Step 1 and 2? Thank you! 🙂
BioethicsGuy101
New Member
No - I received the email at 1:21 CT. I just got home from work.Just now?
BioethicsGuy101
New Member
Ah thank you! I had a feeling that happened.Congrats! If I remember correctly, you can pursue another degree but it won't fall in the same 4 year time frame as it used to. My guess is you would have to take an extra year.
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
The new curriculum I think essentially addresses all the concerns as the additional 2-3 months of content in the pre-clinical phase was done to ensure students had a better understanding on how to synthesize all the modules and see how they are interconnected. And in addition, another 2 or some months are provided for dedicated Step 1 prep so students can have already taken Step 1 before Clerkships! I think this was seen as a huge positive on Admit Day by students!+1 OOS A - top of the WL.
Apologies if this has been addressed already - but with the lengthening of pre-clerkship year, are students still allowed to pursue a dual degree during the discovery phase? Has DGSOM addressed any of the concerns re: lack of preparedness for shelf exams/clerkships/Step 1 and 2? Thank you! 🙂
Also the concerns for the lack of preparedness I think (and as explained by some of the M3s and M1s) was mainly for the first 2 classes (Class of 2025 and Class of 2026) as they had just transitioned to the new 1-year preclinical. And students will take Step 2 and get dedicated time to prep for it right after the required clerkships before students can begin Discovery Year or if students want, they can take it after the Discovery Year and get that extra time to prep. I think the faculty and admin are definitely doing the best they can to help the students succeed, have great residency matches, and most importantly become great clinicians!
Unfortunately, doing a dual-degree within the 4 years is no longer feasible and students will have to do it in 5 (which tbh, that's the most common scenario across most of the T20s).
Edit: An accepted student (for more than 3 months) and will be withdrawing my A due to the money (that's the biggest downgrade for DGSOM the past couple years ngl)
premedwhoopss
Full Member
They haven’t gotten through all of the top of WL yet so I assume no general at this pointhow many top of waitlist spots were sent out vs. general waitlist?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
OOS A just now off top of WL
Could not be happier
First A this cycle
Could not be happier
First A this cycle
albinotaco18
Full Member
OOS A Top of WL just now
Praying for any bit of aid!!
Praying for any bit of aid!!
purple3081
Full Member
congrats you guys!! is there anyone that is regular waitlist?
losrulosuyey
New Member
Top wailist, still waiting
premedwhoopss
Full Member
+1 IS A top of waitlist @4:15PST!!! SO STOKED
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flamingseahorse
New Member
+1 IS A top of waitlist
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
Officially withdrew my A along with my scholarship offer and specific pathway A! Best of luck to whoever takes my place, and I hope you become an Outstanding Physician AND...(fill in the blank)!
dreamingmed
Full Member
I thought CTE deadline is 6/2 for everyone - originally accepted or got off the waitlist.. Is that not true?5 business days (so 7)
for everyone who got off waitlist today, when is the exact deadline for you to CTE.
dreamingmed
Full Member
So I counted - 11 Top of the waitlists got an A today (posted on sdn.. not sure how many got accepted outside of this thread).
Still waiting , regular waitlist.... Praying and sending the best wishes to all ...
Still waiting , regular waitlist.... Praying and sending the best wishes to all ...
happycamper222
New Member
+1 OOS A (top of waitlist), got the email a little while ago 🥹
artemisqueen
Full Member
Congrats everyone! Regular waitlists we got this! it's coming!
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Hate to be this person, but was anyone accepted today able to PTE UCLA on CYMS? Been on the road, and have not had a chance to check yet
meoopsshiba
Full Member
I think they mean 5-7 days to accept, or PTE. Not CTEI thought CTE deadline is 6/2 for everyone - originally accepted or got off the waitlist.. Is that not true?
for everyone who got off waitlist today, when is the exact deadline for you to CTE.
Bagel Enjoyer
Full Member
I was able to PTE an hour ago! (OOS A off top of WL)Hate to be this person, but was anyone accepted today able to PTE UCLA on CYMS? Been on the road, and have not had a chance to check yet
premedwhoopss
Full Member
Is anyone having trouble finding the SIR/SLR on the MyUCLA portal? Also not seeing the SSN pop up on settings
happypremed2001
Full Member
Congrats everyone so happy for u <3 best of luck to us regular waitlist folks
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Can someone send me the GroupMe link? It was not in my email
studentdoc1414
Full Member
Hi! I got off the waitlist today and am going to visit LA from tom - sat. I was wondering if anyone familiar w the area/current students would be able to give me a tour of the school on Friday or connect me with someone to get in touch about this? Please PM if could help with this, dont know anyone in area so would rly appreciate!
purple3081
Full Member
Do you guys think waitlist is similar to or slower compared to last year so far? I know last year they got through some of the regular WL people on this day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too please! I got off the waitlist today (top of waitlist) and was hoping for someone to send me the groupme link!Can someone send me the GroupMe link? It was not in my email
campanelle
Full Member
Same here!!me too please! I got off the waitlist today (top of waitlist) and was hoping for someone to send me the groupme link!
albinotaco18
Full Member
Same!Same here!!
happycamper222
New Member
Same here 🙂Same!
BioethicsGuy101
New Member
Same here with me please!Same here 🙂
flamingseahorse
New Member
Looking for some advice:
I have an acceptance to another school and got off the UCLA WL today. I don’t want to accept UCLA until I get my financial package. However, since I got off the WL today, do I have to pick one by tonight? Or would it be fine because UCLA said in their protocol “For offers made on or after April 30, 2025, you will have 5 business days to indicate your intention to enroll with DGSOM via the “Plan to Enroll” option in the AMCAS CYMS tool. “
I have an acceptance to another school and got off the UCLA WL today. I don’t want to accept UCLA until I get my financial package. However, since I got off the WL today, do I have to pick one by tonight? Or would it be fine because UCLA said in their protocol “For offers made on or after April 30, 2025, you will have 5 business days to indicate your intention to enroll with DGSOM via the “Plan to Enroll” option in the AMCAS CYMS tool. “
BioethicsGuy101
New Member
No - you don't have to pick by tonight. Since you got off the WL, UCLA does not count as the one acceptance required on April 30th. I have another school as my "Plan to Enroll"Looking for some advice:
I have an acceptance to another school and got off the UCLA WL today. I don’t want to accept UCLA until I get my financial package. However, since I got off the WL today, do I have to pick one by tonight? Or would it be fine because UCLA said in their protocol “For offers made on or after April 30, 2025, you will have 5 business days to indicate your intention to enroll with DGSOM via the “Plan to Enroll” option in the AMCAS CYMS tool. “
450k 😉At this point it would be a blessing to pay 400K 😍
flamingseahorse
New Member
Can any accepted students please send the group me link or direct message me with it?
congrats! thats hugeOOS A just now off top of WL
Could not be happier
First A this cycle
Bagel Enjoyer
Full Member
I am also having this issue.Is anyone having trouble finding the SIR/SLR on the MyUCLA portal? Also not seeing the SSN pop up on settings
purple3081
Full Member
Are they sending anything today?
i think we'll hear some more news tomorrow. last year they announced 4/30 and then again on 5/2 and 5/3Are they sending anything today?
How many people in the GC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I withdrew yesterday, and I think theres 2 or 3 of us total that are not attending, so there's hope!Any prime la WL movement ?
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
Be careful with people like this y’all. Check this Reddit post:
There's a few more on reddit like this where their comment history is literally just bashing UCLA without any evidence or whatsoever. I'd also be wary of the polls too
zoro8
New Member
Same with UCSF too for some reasonThere's a few more on reddit like this where their comment history is literally just bashing UCLA without any evidence or whatsoever. I'd also be wary of the polls too
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
funny how the ones I caught were from California lmaoSame with UCSF too for some reason
Ziriyab
Full Member
Other than the 20k PRIME-LA scholarship, did you receive any significant financial aid?I withdrew yesterday, and I think theres 2 or 3 of us total that are not attending, so there's hope!