solarpowered
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same hereJust withdrew! Money was not there for me, but I hope it works out for the rest on the waitlist!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same hereJust withdrew! Money was not there for me, but I hope it works out for the rest on the waitlist!
That’s what it feels like too! I don’t know why this year is so differentSeems like almost 0 movement across so many schools smh, rooting for you all.
From DGSOM?+1 post bac consortium email after wl in march. These f**ckers
lol yeahFrom DGSOM?
Is this the dagger 😂😭+1 post bac consortium email after wl in march. These f**ckers
Do y’all think this is a roundabout way of rejecting us? The ending of “I wish you all the best…” is giving rejection.+1 post bac consortium email after wl in march. These f**ckers
Cap, why even interview us and waitlist us then?Are they telling us that our mcat or gpa was too low with this email? 😭
JUST GOT IT😭I didn’t get anything but that’s super annoying
way there have been post II Rs???consortium email after post ii R is crazy literally screw yall i got into another md school 😭😭🧟♀️
its bc my ii was for prime so i got my R email rlly earlyway there have been post II Rs???
thats what i think tooApparently folks that didn’t get iis got it too. I wonder if it was sent out to the whole non A listserv
Like I have a 3.9 how is that not competitive for med school 😭consortium email after post ii R is crazy literally screw yall i got into another md school 😭😭🧟♀️
That makes me feel betterI got and got rejected years ago haha. I believe peeps that waitlisted are good
If it is then this year would go down as the worst waitlist movement in the history of dgsom lmaoCould the class be full?
Did anyone else not get the email?
Yeah I’m on the regular WLAre you on the WL and didn’t get the consortium email? Lol looks like we’re cooked
I promise if you did not get one you are noooot missing out. It's an email plugging to apply to their post-bacc with a reminder that the post-bacc is particularly helpful for ppl who currently do not have a competitive gpa or mcat 🤭What did the consortium email say?? Also sending good vibes to every waiting. Keep the faith — it’s not over till it’s over!!! 🙏🏼
Yea top of WL and havent been admitted, but didnt receive the email. Idt it means anything tbhHas anyone at the top of the WL who hasn’t been admitted yet receive a consortium email??
I need to know what is going on with waitlist this cycle 😭 just want a peace of mind smhUCLA lowkey the most anxiety-inducing school this cycle
i know a lot of how yield unfolds is out of their control but it kinda feels like they're deliberately going really slow. I just hope they consider that a lot of students don’t have time to wait and only have a few more weeks to CTE to other schoolsUCLA lowkey the most anxiety-inducing school this cycle
BLESS 🙏 Thank youI bit the bullet and called. Just got off the phone literally rn. here’s the whole spill. She said: from what it looks like the waitlist is moving more than what it was last year. I was like wow really. Then I asked her how do they choose who to fill the withdrew seat. She goes the adcom meets and forms a list. Once again this leads me to believe even though it’s unranked it’s ranked. I asked her if it was unranked wouldn’t it make sense just to premake a list and just go down that list instead of them having to reconvene every time someone withdraws. She said it depends on who withdraws. Ding ding dinggg once again leads me to believe it’s ranked. Idk why these schools say it’s unranked when it is. Even though they have top priority and reg I still think there’s ranking within those 2 categories. But also I want you guys to know there’s hope, because she said there’s still gonna be lots more waitlist movement till June. I asked her when in June does it stop. She said wl movement typically stops around EARLY June. I tried to be as thorough with my questions so I could feed yall as much as possible because it’s so stressful rn and we need these questions answered lol. And she said she couldn’t share when next set of As are released. And she told me to keep my fingers crossed and if I had anymore questions to reach out.
You are the absolute BEST! Wish only good things for you <3I bit the bullet and called. Just got off the phone literally rn. here’s the whole spill. She said: from what it looks like the waitlist is moving more than what it was last year. I was like wow really. Then I asked her how do they choose who to fill the withdrew seat. She goes the adcom meets and forms a list. Once again this leads me to believe even though it’s unranked it’s ranked. I asked her if it was unranked wouldn’t it make sense just to premake a list and just go down that list instead of them having to reconvene every time someone withdraws. She said it depends on who withdraws. Ding ding dinggg once again leads me to believe it’s ranked. Idk why these schools say it’s unranked when it is. Even though they have top priority and reg I still think there’s ranking within those 2 categories. But also I want you guys to know there’s hope, because she said there’s still gonna be lots more waitlist movement till June. I asked her when in June does it stop. She said wl movement typically stops around EARLY June. I tried to be as thorough with my questions so I could feed yall as much as possible because it’s so stressful rn and we need these questions answered lol. And she said she couldn’t share when next set of As are released. And she told me to keep my fingers crossed and if I had anymore questions to reach out.
No I forgot lol. But honestly we all know deep down inside they aren’t sending that shii to someone they are for sure admitting. I got something similar from ucsf then got rejected. However I didn’t even get an II w them, so I didn’t even get the chance to be wl. But I feel like they spam sent it to everyone w/o an A. So most likely you shouldn’t let it allow you to feel like it’s the kiss of death. And when you click the link it says the deadline for the post bac consortium is may 16th, so my intuition tells me the genuinely don’t even know if we are gonna get off the wl or get rejected, but they just want to present us an opportunity to strengthen our app b4 the deadline. So a money grab but a helpful one ig.BLESS 🙏 Thank you
Did you get to ask about the consortium email at all? lol
Do you know if they have been sending offers since the first drop on 4/30?No I forgot lol. But honestly we all know deep down inside they aren’t sending that shii to someone they are for sure admitting. I got something similar from ucsf then got rejected. However I didn’t even get an II w them, so I didn’t even get the chance to be wl. But I feel like they spam sent it to everyone w/o an A. So most likely you shouldn’t let it allow you to feel like it’s the kiss of death. And when you click the link it says the deadline for the post bac consortium is may 16th, so my intuition tells me the genuinely don’t even know if we are gonna get off the wl or get rejected, but they just want to present us an opportunity to strengthen our app b4 the deadline. So a money grab but a helpful one ig.
No lol. Just out of curiosity why does it matter? People are still going to withdraw as they get into other attractive options.Do you know if they have been sending offers since the first drop on 4/30?
I wonder based on what metrics it seems like waitlist movement is more this year if they haven’t even finished the top of the waitlist people yet 😭I bit the bullet and called. Just got off the phone literally rn. here’s the whole spill. She said: from what it looks like the waitlist is moving more than what it was last year. I was like wow really. Then I asked her how do they choose who to fill the withdrew seat. She goes the adcom meets and forms a list. Once again this leads me to believe even though it’s unranked it’s ranked. I asked her if it was unranked wouldn’t it make sense just to premake a list and just go down that list instead of them having to reconvene every time someone withdraws. She said it depends on who withdraws. Ding ding dinggg once again leads me to believe it’s ranked. Idk why these schools say it’s unranked when it is. Even though they have top priority and reg I still think there’s ranking within those 2 categories. But also I want you guys to know there’s hope, because she said there’s still gonna be lots more waitlist movement till June. I asked her when in June does it stop. She said wl movement typically stops around EARLY June. I tried to be as thorough with my questions so I could feed yall as much as possible because it’s so stressful rn and we need these questions answered lol. And she said she couldn’t share when next set of As are released. And she told me to keep my fingers crossed and if I had anymore questions to reach out.
Haha I guess I was just trying to see if they're sending the offers as a space opens or in wavesNo lol. Just out of curiosity why does it matter? People are still going to withdraw as they get into other attractive options.
In all honesty my theory I’ve been preaching like a broken record is the whole unranked waitlist agenda gives them the opportunity to intentionally choose who they want to withdraw off the wl outside of stats. The way I see it if they interviewed you in the first place you’re obviously qualified enough metric wise to be admitted. Of course your interviewing/people skills is import too but I think what they care most about outside of metrics which get you in the door for an ii is who you are. Wdym by who you are you ask? What are your experiences can you contribute to the class, what race are you, are you male or female, what’s your sexuality etc. obviously there’s no way in hell they will admit 170 Latino male gay doctors. That’s not what the patient population in the real world reflects. So they curate a med school class to their taste that is diverse with high stats. And as those people get into better choices like Harvard for example, they get an identical waitlister to replace them ex. A white army vet male withdraws, they might find someone similar who is also a w male who’s a vet (probably with lower stats or a lower interview score). It’s obviously not a 1:1 identical copy lol, that’s why lower stat applicants tend to be wl then get off.I wonder based on what metrics it seems like waitlist movement is more this year if they haven’t even finished the top of the waitlist people yet 😭
No that definitely makes a lot of sense! I just don’t really understand how they’re both ranked and unranked at the same time? I mean the person on the phone admitted that they have SOME kind’ve list right?In all honesty my theory I’ve been preaching like a broken record is the whole unranked waitlist agenda gives them the opportunity to intentionally choose who they want to withdraw off the wl outside of stats. The way I see it if they interviewed you in the first place you’re obviously qualified enough metric wise to be admitted. Of course your interviewing/people skills is import too but I think what they care most about outside of metrics which get you in the door for an ii is who you are. Wdym by who you are you ask? What are your experiences can you contribute to the class, what race are you, are you male or female, what’s your sexuality etc. obviously there’s no way in hell they will admit 170 Latino male gay doctors. That’s not what the patient population in the real world reflects. So they curate a med school class to their taste that is diverse with high stats. And as those people get into better choices like Harvard for example, they get an identical waitlister to replace them ex. A white army vet male withdraws, they might find someone similar who is also a w male who’s a vet (probably with lower stats or a lower interview score). It’s obviously not a 1:1 identical copy lol, that’s why lower stat applicants tend to be wl then get off.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.