You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
Also I think good amount of WL movement for this cycle is expected. The Groupme is steadily losing folks after the (devastatingly low and absent) fin aid offers were released. Some to many individuals that were heavily leaning DGSOM have essentially reversed that decision.
I noticed the same thing. Either they waitlisted more than 250 people or it was an inaccurate reportingnew MSAR has some weird data with the WL movement, have you guys seen it? It says 250 WL positions and 250 were offered? Is this a typo?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When have the financial aid offers begun coming out?Also I think good amount of WL movement for this cycle is expected. The Groupme is steadily losing folks after the (devastatingly low and absent) fin aid offers were released. Some to many individuals that were heavily leaning DGSOM have essentially reversed that decision.
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
They released all of them on 4/14-4/15. 90% of individuals received just loan offers.When have the financial aid offers begun coming out?
Thanks for sharing!They released all of them on 4/14-4/15. 90% of individuals received just loan offers.
I can imagine high COA being a deterrent for UCLA especially for those who have half/full tuition scholarships offered elsewhere. Not to mention, the need for a car getting around LA would incur additional costs.
workblurbs2025
Full Member
but isn't this chart from MSAR like a document OFFICIALLY from AAMC?? How can they mess up something like that?? It's not just a random guy on sdn or reddit thats pulling up data from admit.org or cycletrack? Is it possible for AAMC to just "oopsie daisy, i made a mistake" like that and publish it officially on their website????I noticed the same thing. Either they waitlisted more than 250 people or it was an inaccurate reporting
The doc's here if anyone wondering: Medical School Admission Requirements™ Reports for Applicants and Advisors under: Interview and Waitlist Information
workblurbs2025
Full Member
according to reddit, this data is from last cycle (class of 2028).Is this data for this cycle? I'm looking at the comments, and for Rutgers, it mentions reviewing applicants only after 2025. How would MSAR/schools have data this early?
The misreporting is hard to believe on my end too. Clearly based on last year’s SDN, there were people who did not get pulled off the waitlistbut isn't this chart from MSAR like a document OFFICIALLY from AAMC?? How can they mess up something like that?? It's not just a random guy on sdn or reddit thats pulling up data from admit.org or cycletrack? Is it possible for AAMC to just "oopsie daisy, i made a mistake" like that and publish it officially on their website????
The doc's here if anyone wondering: Medical School Admission Requirements™ Reports for Applicants and Advisors under: Interview and Waitlist Information
D
deleted1208783
They also are not matching scholarship offers from other schools based on my experience and speaking with others, so this could be another reason we see a lot of waitlist movement.Thanks for sharing!
I can imagine high COA being a deterrent for UCLA especially for those who have half/full tuition scholarships offered elsewhere. Not to mention, the need for a car getting around LA would incur additional costs.
purple3081
Full Member
Maybe they mean like UP TO 250 people could get off? As in like they don’t have a cap? Idk their MSAR data has been so confusing for the last two yearsThe misreporting is hard to believe on my end too. Clearly based on last year’s SDN, there were people who did not get pulled off the waitlist
purple3081
Full Member
Or wait actually. I think what it means is 250 waitlist offers were sent and 250 students ACCEPTED the waitlist offer. Maybe…?Maybe they mean like UP TO 250 people could get off? As in like they don’t have a cap? Idk their MSAR data has been so confusing for the last two years
lol123456789
Full Member
have they released the financial aid scholarships/need based grants? I only see the letter on the bruin portal from February?
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
That is your financial aid/scholarship package, unfortunately.If it did not change, then you did not receive anything (90% of accepted students got the same fate). Only way it changes is if a recipient ends up committing to another med school and forego UCLA. I recommend perusing the accepted groupme with updates from the fin aid office lolhave they released the financial aid scholarships/need based grants? I only see the letter on the bruin portal from February?
Littlemister
New Member
How many people are in the group me right now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol 93k in loans for in state tuition with COA. FML 🤮
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
201 individuals but at least 5 of them are current M1s.How many people are in the group me right now?
What was the number a few weeks ago before the drop?201 individuals but at least 5 of them are current M1s.
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
Around 230+What was the number a few weeks ago before the drop?
purple3081
Full Member
did anyone on the waitlist who didn’t have a UID number on their secondary portal before suddenly get one?
I’m on the wl and definitely l didn’t have a UID previously but have one nowdid anyone on the waitlist who didn’t have a UID number on their secondary portal before suddenly get one?
Does anyone on the wl not have a UID displayed on the home page of their portal?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Yeah, it suddenly appeared. Were you emailed about it, or did you randomly check your portal and see it? (I was only notified about it here)did anyone on the waitlist who didn’t have a UID number on their secondary portal before suddenly get one?
purple3081
Full Member
No I just randomly checked my portal and voila it was there. I don’t think it really means anything but I’m just curious if everyone on the WL has oneYeah, it suddenly appeared. Were you emailed about it, or did you randomly check your portal and see it? (I was only notified about it here)
Looking at last years thread, uids appeared on only some secondary portals to applicants in early nov some applicants hadn’t even received iis yet. I am not sure it means much at allNo I just randomly checked my portal and voila it was there. I don’t think it really means anything but I’m just curious if everyone on the WL has one
I'm on the WL and no UID #
purple3081
Full Member
😳 are you sure? It should be on the very front home page of the portal in big font? It wasn’t there last time I checked a few weeks ago so I’m assuming this is a very recent thingI'm on the WL and no UID #
This is what it looks like. You dont have this on your portal?I'm on the WL and no UID #
Attachments
Yep mine just shows “UID:” and is blank after
purple3081
Full Member
That is so strangeYep mine just shows “UID:” and is blank after
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to UCLA’s website UIDs are given to the following
New UCLA Students (including admitted/waitlisted applicants and summer sessions)
Former UCLA Students (including alumni and summer sessions)
UCLA Faculty or Staff Members
UCOP or UC Merced Staff Members
Contractors
Bruincard holders
accounts.iam.ucla.edu
New UCLA Students (including admitted/waitlisted applicants and summer sessions)
Former UCLA Students (including alumni and summer sessions)
UCLA Faculty or Staff Members
UCOP or UC Merced Staff Members
Contractors
Bruincard holders
UCLA Logon
eggplant05
Full Member
I’m regular WL and I have a UID!
artemisqueen
Full Member
Regular waitlist with a UID!
UCLA Logon
Can one of you click on "I have a 9-digit UID", try entering your info, and share what the next page says?
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
Probably bc a lot of admitted students got packages with loans only and many spoke with financial aid about how misleading that number was. I think that number was very outdated.Is it just me or does the dgsom financial aid page look different? They used to have a big sign that says ~98% of our students receive some form of aid or something like that but i cant find it anywhere now.
Big red banner that says “your login id wasn’t found”UCLA Logon
accounts.iam.ucla.edu
Can one of you click on "I have a 9-digit UID", try entering your info, and share what the next page says?
EDIT although it seems to be allowing me to create one… not sure I am brave enough to do that just yet
purple3081
Full Member
Does anyone else on the waitlist not have a number assigned to them?Yep mine just shows “UID:” and is blank after
For those who have UID #s updated, I see it as a good sign! The fact that they've made a change to your portal with a university associated identifiable ID # can't be a bad thing
purple3081
Full Member
I’m just surprised they would give some WL students a number and others not RIGHT before waitlist movement starts. Especially since I’m sure they know how neurotic premeds are and will try to decipher a meaning behind it 😂. Either way it likely also doesn’t mean anything at all so please don’t let this worry you!For those who have UID #s updated, I see it as a good sign! The fact that they've made a change to your portal with a university associated identifiable ID # can't be a bad thing
Aww thank you purple! I'm trying my best not to put any thought into it. If there are any accepted students who still don't have a UID# on their portal, come thruuuuu please 🙏I’m just surprised they would give some WL students a number and others not RIGHT before waitlist movement starts. Especially since I’m sure they know how neurotic premeds are and will try to decipher a meaning behind it 😂. Either way it likely also doesn’t mean anything at all so please don’t let this worry you!
purple3081
Full Member
also my friend emailed admissions about the MSAR 250 people accepted off the waitlist thing and the admissions people confirmed that it was misreporting and that they’re going to contact AAMC to get it fixed. They didn’t mention what the actual number was
Yeah, errors on MSAR are extremely common. Schools don't keep it updated for some reason...also my friend emailed admissions about the MSAR 250 people accepted off the waitlist thing and the admissions people confirmed that it was misreporting and that they’re going to contact AAMC to get it fixed. They didn’t mention what the actual number was
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Did anyone who didn't have a UID a couple days ago suddenly get a UID?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purple3081
Full Member
is there anyone else on the WL who doesn’t have one?
workblurbs2025
Full Member
I'm a regular WL and now have a IUD. As others have said, I have no idea what this means
Edit: lol I don't have a contraception device, I have a UID!
Edit: lol I don't have a contraception device, I have a UID!
meoopsshiba
Full Member
Anyone know the GC number now?
ConfusedPremed3000
Full Member
198 total GC members with 8 being current M1s.Anyone know the GC number now?
Dont worry too much, only premeds and Med school deans care about these lol.Even based on that explanation, UCLA's drop (I think from 13-->22 and from 6-->22 from 2021/2022) seems a bit stark and worrying.