2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_1404.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS verified 7/29 still no secondary, but have gotten all other uc secondaries, has anyone gotten a secondary from them lately? 🙁 im sad I prewrote for them
Yes, people have still been getting secondaries. There's still time to receive one, especially since you were just verified two weeks ago 🙂 sometimes people on here say dumba*s things, even if they're joking. Don't let it get to you! You got this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still waiting on a secondary :'( OOS; sent primary to them on 07/11 and got confirmation email 07/12. I doubt me waiting for my preview score would delay it, but still trying to hope haha
 
still waiting on a secondary :'( OOS; sent primary to them on 07/11 and got confirmation email 07/12. I doubt me waiting for my preview score would delay it, but still trying to hope haha
i'm also still waiting for one w the same timeline as you but IS and w a preview score 🙁 ig no rejection email is good but i'm also trying to move on. we have until november tho!
 
I got the confirmation email on July 10th, still no secondary either 💀
I think the confirmation email actually means they don't think you're good enough for an instant secondary so they'll re-review you again once more applications come in and see how you compare to them. I'm saying this because I got a secondary right away, no confirmation email.
 
I think the confirmation email actually means they don't think you're good enough for an instant secondary so they'll re-review you again once more applications come in and see how you compare to them. I'm saying this because I got a secondary right away, no confirmation email.
I got the confirmation email + a secondary right after it, so not so sure about your theory there
 
For their question:"Are you a first-generation college graduate? (First generation to college is defined as having parents, guardians, or extended family who have a high school education or less.)"

If one of my parents has less than a high school education, but the other has an associate's/bachelor's degree, how would one answer this? It seems to be worded much more open-ended than the other prompts that talk about this.
Did you ever figure out the answer? Also in a similar situation.
 
I'm sorry if this has been asked before! if I submit my secondary application, can I still submit a letter of rec after that and the admissions committee will still see it? also, what kind of documents are you guys uploading to document upload? Thank you!
 
I'm sorry if this has been asked before! if I submit my secondary application, can I still submit a letter of rec after that and the admissions committee will still see it? also, what kind of documents are you guys uploading to document upload? Thank you!
from what i understand, once your application is "complete," it will be in queue to be reviewed. this means that the preliminary review of your completed application MAY NOT include the letter of rec submitted, depending on if they've started on yours already and their review process. it certainly wouldn't hurt to send them another letter rec -- most schools will periodically re-review applications, and could see it then.

document upload is usually reserved for update letters, letters of interest, and letters of intent. i think some schools use it for other things too like transcripts. I haven't used it for ucla yet 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
from what i understand, once your application is "complete," it will be in queue to be reviewed. this means that the preliminary review of your completed application MAY NOT include the letter of rec submitted, depending on if they've started on yours already and their review process. it certainly wouldn't hurt to send them another letter rec -- most schools will periodically re-review applications, and could see it then.

document upload is usually reserved for update letters, letters of interest, and letters of intent. i think some schools use it for other things too like transcripts. I haven't used it for ucla yet 🙂
thank you!!!