2024-2025 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Have they send their first big wave of IIs yet (based on cycletrack it doesn't seem so)? When do we think that's coming haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II OOS complete 7/23 LM 73!! First OOS II so super excited/anxious 🙂

Is anyone else having trouble with the interview scheduling page on their portal?
 
II OOS complete 7/23 LM 73!! First OOS II so super excited/anxious 🙂

Is anyone else having trouble with the interview scheduling page on their portal?
I had the same issues but just had to submit the Integrity agreement and upload a photo to get to the interview portal!
 
So uh y'all... how bad of a sign is it that my primary app was transmitted on day 1 and I still haven't even received a secondary... 😢 CA IS ORM, and quite a few current med students said I'm a fantastic mission fit :bigtears:
They continue to screen primary applications for several months. I think they start sending pre-secondary rejections in the next month or two. It's not over until you get that R! Hoping for the best for ya 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you're actually head of any "wave" of IIs. Even on crowdsourced Cycletrack, barely 2% of the expected IIs (based on prior year) have been reported. Congrats on being among the first!
is this specific to UCLA? or a general trend you have been observing this cycle so far as well
 
congrats to ppl receiving IIs! I submitted my secondary and my file was complete on 07/30. lol do they go in order? am I cooked
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So uh y'all... how bad of a sign is it that my primary app was transmitted on day 1 and I still haven't even received a secondary... 😢 CA IS ORM, and quite a few current med students said I'm a fantastic mission fit :bigtears:
Every medical school have similar missions, so I don't know how accurate that statement. They can be students, but that doesn't mean they know their school's mission and goals to a T. They could also just be telling you a white lie.
 
Using an unverified rumor to answer a question does more harm than good.
It’s not exactly a rumor—it was a proposed policy by the medical school that suggests a general threshold for what they’re looking for in applicants. I deleted the post with the original mention of hard cut-offs—that's my bad I was misinformed. I didn’t realize that sharing insights into what the admissions committee might be considering would be so frowned upon, but I’m happy to delete it to avoid any further confusion.

(edit: removed the link to the Daily Bruin article)
 
Last edited:
Is it a one-on-one interview or MMI? I also recieved an interview and on my application portal it talks about MMI but on the email/website it say one-on-one
from my understanding it’s two one-on-one interviews according to the interview schedule on the website, but i’m not 100% sure on that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no secondary, no IA and was decent mission fit with lower stats, URM no research though. Anyone else?
I'm not sure how one could be a decent mission fit without any research for a school that is such a heavy research school. But honestly, what do I know. Especially with lower stats, I feel like that's a sure way to beef up ones application.
 
I'm not sure how one could be a decent mission fit without any research for a school that is such a heavy research school. But honestly, what do I know. Especially with lower stats, I feel like that's a sure way to beef up ones application.
yeah unfortunately research is a soft requirement for a lot of top med schools, UCLA included.