-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 USC (Keck)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bleepbloop123
Full Member
I am very confused. I got the email that USC's financial aid deadline is May 2nd. I haven't done anything with the FAFSAs because I am only on waitlists right now. Are you guys sending the FAFSA to the USC school code even though you are on the waitlist? Also, I am confused because other schools I am on the waitlist on just says they will send FAFSA information to accepted students. So should I only do it for USC for now and wait on the other schools?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I personally sent my FAFSA to all schools I considered attending. I would send it to all schools unless they adviced against you sending it to them until accepted.I am very confused. I got the email that USC's financial aid deadline is May 2nd. I haven't done anything with the FAFSAs because I am only on waitlists right now. Are you guys sending the FAFSA to the USC school code even though you are on the waitlist? Also, I am confused because other schools I am on the waitlist on just says they will send FAFSA information to accepted students. So should I only do it for USC for now and wait on the other schools?
bleepbloop123
Full Member
Ohh okay thank you.I personally sent my FAFSA to all schools I considered attending. I would send it to all schools unless they adviced against you sending it to them until accepted.
phineasgageh8r
Full Member
Wait by “LOI Received” do you mean the automated email with general application information or did you receive a separate email specifically stating that the school received your LOI?"LOI Recieved" email just sent to me
SeparateWait by “LOI Received” do you mean the automated email with general application information or did you receive a separate email specifically stating that the school received your LOI?
phineasgageh8r
Full Member
Did anyone else get “LOI received” email? I only got automated response and am kinda stressing
D
deleted1175312
yeah i got one. I know people always say not to worry but that still applies here I promise. If you got an automated response, they got your letter, pinky promise💕Did anyone else get “LOI received” email? I only got automated response and am kinda stressing
supremmotu
Full Member
Wait, I only got one email that said "Letter of Intent Received" and not one with general application information. I forgot to mention my AAMC ID, but I did use the same email as my application, so should I do something?
phineasgageh8r
Full Member
I got the opposite but I’m thinking maybe it’s because I included my name in the subject line and not just “LOI”? I know they had to have received it but I’m still stressing whether to email and double check that it doesn’t get lost in all the emails I’m sure they receive.Wait, I only got one email that said "Letter of Intent Received" and not one with general application information. I forgot to mention my AAMC ID, but I did use the same email as my application, so should I do something?
D
deleted1204523
Off wl?Got the A email an hour ago!
yes!Off wl?
D
deleted1175312
no call just an email?yes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, i only got an email which i thought was weird. was paranoid it might’ve been an accident but got a separate acceptance email, saw the accept/decline offer in my portal, and AMCAS updated to show my acceptance too. so i dunno why there wasn’t a callno call just an email?
bleepbloop123
Full Member
Do you guys think there will be more movement soon?
alxndr17
New Member
hoping and prayingDo you guys think there will be more movement soon?
coolcatsnkittens
New Member
YeDo you guys think there will be more movement soon?
elephant203
Full Member
When I called admissions this morning he said no one had declined their offer so I guess odds don't look good
D
deleted1175312
since they haven’t sent out the “class filled” email yet then there’s still a chance. Don’t lose hope everyone, I was here last year and you all will make it even if it isn’t this cycle❤️When I called admissions this morning he said no one had declined their offer so I guess odds don't look good
KingCrashout
Full Member
when you called did they say if there would be any more movement?When I called admissions this morning he said no one had declined their offer so I guess odds don't look good
elephant203
Full Member
I don't think they know, it probably depends on if/how many people withdraw.when you called did they say if there would be any more movement?
D
deleted1175312
@DeanArias, if you’re reading this: my offer still stands.if USC accepts me i’ll eat my socks
elephant203
Full Member
No ones had any updates?
D
deleted1175312
after that initial wave, it really is dependent on if/when people withdraw their A’s so it’ll be on a case by case basis til the class is filledNo ones had any updates?
KingCrashout
Full Member
anybody call recently? I am, as the kids say, “Crashing out”
elephant203
Full Member
If anyone decides to call, can you let us know what they say? I'm sure it will be the same response as usual, but just for peace of mindanybody call recently? I am, as the kids say, “Crashing out”
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1175312
just got a scholarship offer from another school so I am willing to bite the bullet and give them a call later. Will report back🫡If anyone decides to call, can you let us know what they say? I'm sure it will be the same response as usual, but just for peace of mind
D
deleted1175312
okay just got off the phone with them. Apparently they are not seeing a ton of movement this year, and they’re genuinely not sure if there are going to be spots that open up. Not everyone has hit CTE which means they could drop, but due to them still having their PTE up, they’re not sure what will happen. They understand things are really stressful, and that a lot of us are really wanting to go here but I think they’re facing a similar issue to a lot of schools this year especially with the financial aid questions that are lingeringjust got a scholarship offer from another school so I am willing to bite the bullet and give them a call later. Will report back🫡
phineasgageh8r
Full Member
Did they mention having any kind of timeline or it's just up in the air because no one knows if there will be movement or not?okay just got off the phone with them. Apparently they are not seeing a ton of movement this year, and they’re genuinely not sure if there are going to be spots that open up. Not everyone has hit CTE which means they could drop, but due to them still having their PTE up, they’re not sure what will happen. They understand things are really stressful, and that a lot of us are really wanting to go here but I think they’re facing a similar issue to a lot of schools this year especially with the financial aid questions that are lingering
D
deleted1175312
no timeline. But basically since not everybody has hit CTE yet, there could be a few spots that open up. No specific number mentioned, but until that email comes in that the class is filled everyone is still potentially an optionDid they mention having any kind of timeline or it's just up in the air because no one knows if there will be movement or not?
elephant203
Full Member
If anyone gets calls or updates this week, let us know so we know if its started moving at all.
D
deleted1175312
hey y’all I wanted to offer some encouragement since I know this is a super high stress time. Last year I was right here with a lot of you, no A’s and a WL. I ended up reapplying and found that the extra year really helped me evaluate what I wanted/what was the best fit for me. I’m lucky enough to be going to school this summer and will probably withdraw from here. If you’re fortunate enough to get off the WL, congrats! If not, I promise you’ll get where you’re meant to be even if it takes another year, two, or ten. Best of luck to all you future docs❤️
wakeupaurora
Full Member
Just got a call for getting off the waitlist! Sounded like someone else was also getting a call 🙂
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/waitlisted?Just got a call for getting off the waitlist! Sounded like someone else was also getting a call 🙂
wakeupaurora
Full Member
I interviewed 3/4, waitlisted 4/8, got my acceptance email today!Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/waitlisted?
KingCrashout
Full Member
anyone willing to call to see if there will be anymore movement?
elephant203
Full Member
I called and she said there is no movement at the moment. They dont know if there will be future movement
Last edited:
D
deleted1175312
Officially withdrew from WL, good luck fambam❤️
elephant203
Full Member
When do we think they will send the final email? It seems like it is barely moving
I know I really hope we find some (good) news soon!!!!When do we think they will send the final email? It seems like it is barely moving
hi all! i have a question for those that applied this past cycle -- i am pre-writing secondaries right now. for the "is there anything else you would like us to know?" prompt, i wanted to put that I have an immediate family member who went to/works at keck and thats what inspired me to pursue some of my academics there before med school. i know they don't like why us essays but would this be okay to say? or can i mention this anywhere else in my app??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
elephant203
Full Member
I think Ive already called them too many times personally. If someone decides to call, let us all know
if_I_die_I_die
New Member
I emailed them on Monday. They said their deadline to commit is July 2nd, so that it will be a while until their cycle closes.
Also, to keep everyone updated, I called this past week, and the class is currently full. They said they won't be able to finalize everything until their July deadline. The way I see it, we would have to wait until someone possibly declines their USC acceptance and then also need to be the next person they decide to take off their waitlist....