You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 USC (Keck)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cat_named_Book
Full Member
IS alternate, interviewed 3/4 🙁
wakeupaurora
Full Member
I'm on the same boat. Interviewed 3/4 and haven't heard anything at allI haven't received a decision at all, interviewed 3/4...anyone else in the same boat?
Edit: May crash out if I'm alone on this. Fully waiting for a WL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bless. Wishing you the best of luck! Was worried I was the odd one out on thisI'm on the same boat. Interviewed 3/4 and haven't heard anything at all
Plantguy17
New Member
+1 OOS A around 7 PM pacific time! Interviewed 2/14
Good luck everybody. They are still reviewing it seems!
Good luck everybody. They are still reviewing it seems!
Last edited:
futuredoctor18902
New Member
does anyone know if we are supposed to submit css or any parental income info? is there need based aid at this school?
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
this is also my question. I just submitted the supplemental formdoes anyone know if we are supposed to submit css or any parental income info? is there need based aid at this school?
I only submitted my FAFSA and the other form they asked for and they already sent some financial aid info… which I’m hoping isn’t complete because the loans don’t even cover half of the COAdoes anyone know if we are supposed to submit css or any parental income info? is there need based aid at this school?
catchat100
Full Member
I only submitted my FAFSA and the other form they asked for and they already sent some financial aid info… which I’m hoping isn’t complete because the loans don’t even cover half of the COA
was scholarship info part of your financial aid package? or only loans
hcelest
New Member
same here! pm group from 3/4 and haven’t heard anything.I haven't received a decision at all, interviewed 3/4...anyone else in the same boat?
Edit: May crash out if I'm alone on this. Fully waiting for a WL.
user0221032
New Member
Same here. and it was only loans, no scholarship info.I only submitted my FAFSA and the other form they asked for and they already sent some financial aid info… which I’m hoping isn’t complete because the loans don’t even cover half of the COA
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Was the COA they listed on FAST the same as the estimated cost on the website?Same here. and it was only loans, no scholarship info.
crazymantecan
Full Member
I think scholarships may come frome keck themselves rather than USC fin aid (not sure just been browsing older sdn forums and the website)... maybe there will be more info at admitted students day...?
Tuition is exactly the same, COA is about $1000 more than what’s listed on the website for the estimated costWas the COA they listed on FAST the same as the estimated cost on the website?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate itTuition is exactly the same, COA is about $1000 more than what’s listed on the website for the estimated cost
catchat100
Full Member
Around how long did it take for you guys to get your financial aid package after submitting everything?
alehernan017
Full Member
Interviewed 2/21 and still haven't heard back... is this a sign it's joever for me? (OOS applicant)
Not joever till it’s joeverInterviewed 2/21 and still haven't heard back... is this a sign it's joever for me? (OOS applicant)
D
deleted1175312
Based on last years cycle, USC doesn’t flat out reject anyone post interview (I think) and unless you’re accepted you’ll at least go on the AL. All the more reason it really ain’t joever until it’s joeverNot joever till it’s joever
Don't think anyone post-2/14 has gotten a call yet + ppl up to 3/5 have been AL + many others haven't heard back. USC is moving in mysterious ways so keep ur head up!Interviewed 2/21 and still haven't heard back... is this a sign it's joever for me? (OOS applicant)
The Cost of Your Medical School EducationWhere can I find cost of attending for Keck?
Thx! But this is for 2024-2025. Do we have the numbers for 2025-2026?
Sorry didn’t realize it wasn’t updated - the finaid portal for 2025-2026 has the same number for COA as last year, fingers crossed it stays that way lol.Thx! But this is for 2024-2025. Do we have the numbers for 2025-2026?
alehernan017
Full Member
+A OOS I JUST GOT THE CALL WOW (interviewed 2/14)
Where you on the waitlist?
+A OOS I JUST GOT THE CALL WOW (interviewed 2/14)
vegasbowlenthusiast
New Member
+1 IS A!!! Got the call around an hour ago, interviewed 2/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wakeupaurora
Full Member
IS WL. Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves at USC?
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything about admitted students day yet?
If you RVSP’d they just sent a schedule yesterday in emailHas anyone heard anything about admitted students day yet?
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Ah it went to my spam, thank you!If you RVSP’d they just sent a schedule yesterday in email
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Is there no tour of the school on admitted students day? It just seems like a bunch of panels
HonorPlant
Full Member
Couldn’t make it to admitted students day. Can someone give me a breakdown on how scholarships work? When and how we apply for them?
I wasn't there either, but I received a call letting me know about a scholarship. So, there is no separate application, they evaluate everyone who is admitted for merit-based scholarships I believe.Couldn’t make it to admitted students day. Can someone give me a breakdown on how scholarships work? When and how we apply for them?
wildcat216
Full Member
Are we assuming no WL movement until after April 30th?
Current student here, haven't read the whole thread, but just an FYI, admissions has changed a bit over the past year or two, new dean, less students per class. So yall may not have much information to go off of since not sure how much you can compare it to prior years. That being said, traditionally there was a decent amount of waitlist movement, I know of several students who were admitted off the waitlist. Movement started pretty soon after the decision deadline for acceptances (early May). That may be different now since the class size shrunk a lot to 120. Feel free to DM with questions, accepted students or otherwise. Wishing yall the best of luck!
Any tips on writing the LOI? I’m assuming it’s best to keep it short and sweet.Current student here, haven't read the whole thread, but just an FYI, admissions has changed a bit over the past year or two, new dean, less students per class. So yall may not have much information to go off of since not sure how much you can compare it to prior years. That being said, traditionally there was a decent amount of waitlist movement, I know of several students who were admitted off the waitlist. Movement started pretty soon after the decision deadline for acceptances (early May). That may be different now since the class size shrunk a lot to 120. Feel free to DM with questions, accepted students or otherwise. Wishing yall the best of luck!
Don't think the content matters, just say you will go if accepted and that Keck is where you wanna be, 1 sentence, 2 max. Its the sending that matters, not the content.Any tips on writing the LOI? I’m assuming it’s best to keep it short and sweet.
D
deleted1175312
hello fellow Waitlist Warriors. With 4/30 quickly approaching, I wanted to wish you all luck this spring in getting into USC. I hope to see you all on the other side♥️
Do we just email our LOI to [email protected]?
D
deleted1175312
yes’mDo we just email our LOI to [email protected]?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sfraley
Full Member
o
1-2 sentences for the entire letter?!Don't think the content matters, just say you will go if accepted and that Keck is where you wanna be, 1 sentence, 2 max. It’s the sending that matters, not the content.
It's an email, not a letter, unless things have changedo
1-2 sentences for the entire letter?!
D
deleted1175312
2 sentence email basically saying “i’ll come if accepted”It's an email, not a letter, unless things have changed
CRISPR-Cas-yourmom
Full Member
Just withdrew my A to Keck 🙁 truly loved the school but the finances made it really difficult to say yes. I'm hoping someone who sent in an LOI gets in!!
bleepbloop123
Full Member
Did you guys also get an automatic reply when you sent them an email?