You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Ties to state?+1 OOS II!! Secondary submitted 8/15
medicalbaddie
Full Member
No ties, but I am from a nearby state that they hold spots for I believeCongrats! Ties to state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SilverBubbles
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 7/6 with no ties.
chimmychangooey
Full Member
Anyone get a call yesterday or today?
I hope! Do you know if Fridays are typically when they call?I'm really hoping that today is the day that A calls start!!!
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Same. I went back a few years and these are the days the first calls were made in previous cycles:
2023:
10/17, 11/1, 11/20, 12/21, 1/10/24
2022:
10/18, 10/26, 1/11, 2/14
2021:
10/27, 11/6, 11/11, 11/18,
Thanks @wop for looking those up! For those who are curious, here are the days of the week for those dates:I hope! Do you know if Fridays are typically when they call?
2023: Tuesday, Wednesday, Monday, Wednesday
2022: Tuesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, Tuesday
2021: Wednesday, Saturday (?), Thursday, and Thursday
It seems pretty random, but Fridays may be the one day they don't call lol
Thanks @wop for looking those up! For those who are curious, here are the days of the week for those dates:
2023: Tuesday, Wednesday, Monday, Wednesday
2022: Tuesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, Tuesday
2021: Wednesday, Saturday (?), Thursday, and Thursday
It seems pretty random, but Fridays may be the one day they don't call lol
Same. I went back a few years and these are the days the first calls were made in previous cycles:
2023:
10/17, 11/1, 11/20, 12/21, 1/10/24
2022:
10/18, 10/26, 1/11, 2/14
2021:
10/27, 11/6, 11/11, 11/18,
lmao awesome! I am surprised that we haven't heard anything yet
Does anyone know if they still stop interviewing in December? Based on last years thread, it look they're completely done interviewing by then but I couldn't find anything on their website.
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Yes they plan on being done with interviews in December!Does anyone know if they still stop interviewing in December? Based on last years thread, it look they're completely done interviewing by then but I couldn't find anything on their website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they are still going to be sending out more invites to in-state applicants? Wondering if I've missed my shot.
I genuinely hope this week we get some A's
Hiiiii2024
Full Member
When do you think they'll stop sending invites out?Yes they plan on being done with interviews in December!
OOS II! LM65, complete 8/28, ties to state
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Last year they finished sending them out in mid-late november for interviews in December! Then barely any of us heard from them until February or later so if you’re waiting to hear back I know it sucks but keep your hopes up!! 🫶🏻When do you think they'll stop sending invites out?
Hiiiii2024
Full Member
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I haven't heard anything yet.. still holding out hopeLast year they finished sending them out in mid-late november for interviews in December! Then barely any of us heard from them until February or later so if you’re waiting to hear back I know it sucks but keep your hopes up!! 🫶🏻
Also wondering this!Does anyone know why the U is taking a bit longer than usual to start accepting applicants?
salmon boy
Full Member
+1 II In-state, complete 7/24. Shaking!
chimmychangooey
Full Member
I toured recently and spoke with admissions - they said they have started sending out acceptances (very few). For the rest of us, they are waiting until they have interviewed everyone and ranked us to send out the rest of the decisions (most likely in March). BLEHDoes anyone know why the U is taking a bit longer than usual to start accepting applicants?
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
don't love thatI toured recently and spoke with admissions - they said they have started sending out acceptances (very few). For the rest of us, they are waiting until they have interviewed everyone and ranked us to send out the rest of the decisions (most likely in March). BLEH
Toasty Tornado
New Member
+1 II In-state! Interviewing first week of December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In-state, haven't heard anything since submitting secondary on 7/10. Would you say that's pretty much a soft rejection at this point?
+1In-state, haven't heard anything since submitting secondary on 7/10. Would you say that's pretty much a soft rejection at this point?
Same question here. I was complete 7/4 as a reapplicant and I'm fully expecting the R here...In-state, haven't heard anything since submitting secondary on 7/10. Would you say that's pretty much a soft rejection at this point?
Hiiiii2024
Full Member
Same… I submitted 7/19.. in-state and haven’t heard anything :/Same question here. I was complete 7/4 as a reapplicant and I'm fully expecting the R here...
+1Same… I submitted 7/19.. in-state and haven’t heard anything :/
I wish they offered application reviews. I've improved my app, even retook my mcat, I thought I'd get an interview this year.Same… I submitted 7/19.. in-state and haven’t heard anything :/
Has anyone heard anything post-interview...?
nopeHas anyone heard anything post-interview...?
SkiMed91
Full Member
All quiet on the Wasatch frontHas anyone heard anything post-interview...?
Interviewed on the 4th but I’m OOS, apparently wont get a response until Feb/March?Has anyone heard anything post-interview...?
Wow congrats!!! That is so awesome 🙂IS ACCEPTANCE! Got the call yesterday at 2:30pm
SilverBubbles
Full Member
IS ACCEPTANCE! Got the call yesterday at 2:30pm
Congrats!!!! When did you interview
sadie99
New Member
9/16 (I think the first day of interviews)Congrats!!!! When did you interview
IS acceptance!!! Interviewed end of September (I think)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AquaphorKing
Full Member
Congrats!!! What time did they call today?IS acceptance!!! Interviewed end of September (I think)
Thank you!! 9:00am -ishCongrats!!! What time did they call today?
Lowkey_neurotic
New Member
OOS A! I actually missed the call this morning, so I found out in my email. They did leave a voicemail for me to call back though! 🎉 I interviewed 10/4
Congratulations!! What state?OOS A! I actually missed the call this morning, so I found out in my email. They did leave a voicemail for me to call back though! 🎉 I interviewed 10/4
Lowkey_neurotic
New Member
Arizona, but I was at a Utah school for undergrad!Congratulations!! What state?