You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tapiocaisyummy
New Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one ..I'm trying not to get antsy or read into it but it's not really working 😅I interviewed late september and havent heard anything yet.
Dr.Pending
Full Member
I interviewed at the end of August, so pretty much September and haven’t heard anything yetAnyone interview in September and have not heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AquaphorKing
Full Member
Someone sedate me. I'm tired of this Grandpa! (also interviewed in September and have heard nothing)
Dr.Pending
Full Member
“Plan to enroll” opens on February 19th, I hope they get things moving before thenSomeone sedate me. I'm tired of this Grandpa! (also interviewed in September and have heard nothing)
Where’d you find this date?“Plan to enroll” opens on February 19th, I hope they get things moving before then
Dr.Pending
Full Member
Received an email from AAMCWhere’d you find this date?
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2025
- “Plan to Enroll” becomes available for accepted applicants to select in the Choose Your Medical School tool, located within the AMCAS application
It’sGoingTibiaOkay
Full Member
Dr.Pending
Full Member
+1 IS A. Got a call from Admissions today at 11am. Interviewed 9/30
It’sGoingTibiaOkay
Full Member
AquaphorKing
Full Member
When was your call?+1 IS A, interviewed late October!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Around 11amWhen was your call?
I think it was one made by admin or something on slack and they’d send linkSaw on last year’s thread that there was an accepted students group chat/page. Anyone know if that exists yet? And if not who makes it?
futuredrzeeeee
New Member
IS A!!!! Got the call yesterday 12pm, interviewed oct 21.
Chunky-Monkey
Full Member
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 11/18
There's one in mid-march I believeBased off last year's sub, hoping for a wave of acceptances next week!
Has there been an admitted student day yet?
This is about this upcoming cycle: does anyone know which courses, if any, outside of traditional writing courses can count towards the U's 2 prerequisite writing/speech courses? I am looking to apply but am realizing my AP credit that got me out of freshman writing will not count. I am currently in a technical writing class but not sure if any of my humanities or other courses would count towards my second writing/speech course.
The sure fire way to get an accurate answer would be to email the admissions office. We can speculate but I don't think we know for sureThis is about this upcoming cycle: does anyone know which courses, if any, outside of traditional writing courses can count towards the U's 2 prerequisite writing/speech courses? I am looking to apply but am realizing my AP credit that got me out of freshman writing will not count. I am currently in a technical writing class but not sure if any of my humanities or other courses would count towards my second writing/speech course.
I’m pretty sure somewhere it says writing intensive in English language… almost 100% sure it’s on the secondary file so I think some linguistics, philosophy, and other related courses may fitThis is about this upcoming cycle: does anyone know which courses, if any, outside of traditional writing courses can count towards the U's 2 prerequisite writing/speech courses? I am looking to apply but am realizing my AP credit that got me out of freshman writing will not count. I am currently in a technical writing class but not sure if any of my humanities or other courses would count towards my second writing/speech course.
OOS A!
Wampire
Full Member
Huge congrats!! So exciting. obligatory when did ya interviewOOS A!
LOL fair, 11/18Huge congrats!! So exciting. obligatory when did ya interview
Idaho res?LOL fair, 11/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You too? Check the WWAMI thread about a rumor that a WWAMI-esque program may be getting moved to U of Utah. Fascinating and I'd be curious to find out how much truth it has. Utah used to hold more seats and then went down. Edited to add: doesn't really matter but as someone who can claim residency in multiple states, it's been interesting navigating this process w/regional programs.Idaho res?
No I’m CA but just curious since they hold a few seats for ID. Thanks!You too? Check the WWAMI thread about a rumor that a WWAMI-esque program may be getting moved to U of Utah. Fascinating and I'd be curious to find out how much truth it has. Utah used to hold more seats and then went down. Edited to add: doesn't really matter but as someone who can claim residency in multiple states, it's been interesting navigating this process w/regional programs.
When could we expect to start hearing back about scholarships (both office of admissions ones and financial aid ones)?Congrats everyone who’s been accepted so far!! I’m a current MS1 here and happy to answer any questions you might have 🙂
Dr.Pending
Full Member
Do you know the percentage of people who get scholarships? Is it a common thing or just a few get scholarships?It was probably a little different for us last year because of the FAFSA overhaul but I received scholarship offers from the office of admissions in June. Hopefully it’s earlier this year!
Last edited:
Grace Jones
Full Member
I keep telling myself that they've responded to people around valentines day in the past and thats only 10 days away ✨💌
letmein528
Full Member
Just got an acceptance email with no interview... gotta be a mistake right?
Lol just got a scholarship one after I got rejected
greymolerat
Full Member
Wait same… I’m assuming this is FAKE right
letmein528
Full Member
no they actually regret rejecting us and they WANT us
greymolerat
Full Member
Wouldn’t it be crazy if schools actually accepted us without interviews? Like that would be so great [emoji24]
official_ artyom
Full Member
Just got one of these as well and never even completed my secondary here
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
I got it too, and I didn’t interview. This is gonna be horrible if they made this mistake. I was even sent an email in December saying that I was no longer under consideration for an interview
Last edited:
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
I interviewed & did not get one…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1196277
I got the email too lmao
Randomguy128
Full Member
They have already rejected me and I got one. Sorry to everyone who was hoping that was a real A 😕