Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they started sending out emails about campus visits in November, to those who had interviewed onlyDoes Sealy offer post interview on campus previews? If so, does anyone know the dates?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year they started sending out emails about campus visits in November, to those who had interviewed onlyDoes Sealy offer post interview on campus previews? If so, does anyone know the dates?
Does Sealy offer post interview on campus previews? If so, does anyone know the dates?
Remember bunch of people were on campus and right after they left UTMB admitted their first prematches of the year.Last year the first on campus preview was 12/8. And there were 3-4 total I believe.
I’m a first year here if anyone has questions.
is the implication that they prematched some of the people who were on campus (partly due to their attendance, lol)? or is UTMB the type of school to prematch as much as they canRemember bunch of people were on campus and right after they left UTMB admitted their first prematches of the year.
Remember bunch of people were on campus and right after they left UTMB admitted their first prematches of the year.
No, it was just a funny coincidenceis the implication that they prematched some of the people who were on campus (partly due to their attendance, lol)? or is UTMB the type of school to prematch as much as they can
Interview invitations are sent directly to you by each school, usually in an email, and the TMDSAS portal is not the middleman for this phase of the app cycleFor those of you who got interview invites, were y’all notified by email or did y’all look at the TMDSAS application?
Thank you @chicandtoughness for finding out exactly what needs to be done to change an interview date.Hey friends! Regarding changing interview dates, I touched base with the admissions office and have super important info to share!!
1. Please DO NOT change your interview time via Signup Genius. This is not directly linked to our admissions platform and it doesn't alert us when you change your date, so we will expect you at your original time and mark you absent @_@ If you have already attempted to do this, please read on.
2. The expectation is that you keep whatever date/time you initially scheduled, with no changes.
3. If you need to change your time, please contact the admissions office directly (you can call 409-772-6958 or email [email protected], email preferred). Your time change request will actually have to go before a committee who will decide whether to grant you the time change request OR may result in your interview invite being revoked.
As @wysdoc said, pretty please check your calendars before you sign up for a time. It may seem arbitrarily easy to just move yourself to another day but the admissions machine has many moving parts and it takes significant work on our end to accommodate a change.
Feel free to lmk if you have questions! (Preferably post here so folks can see instead of spamming my inbox lol)
of courseThis is the only TMDSAS Secondary I haven't completed yet. Low stat (LM 63) but great overall app should I give it a shot chat
@chicandtoughness is quite clear in their message.Thank you so much for clarifying this. I had a sudden change in my schedule on the date I signed up for, and I could not find any information on the email or Sign-up. I just booked a later date on Sign-up, but now I know that's not the method of changing the date. I hope the admissions team understands my predicament.
For those of you who got interview invites, were y’all notified by email or did y’all look at the TMDSAS application?
Do you mean on campus for previews, not interviews, correct?Remember bunch of people were on campus and right after they left UTMB admitted their first prematches of the year.
Thank you! If you have time, I would be grateful for your answers to the below questions:Last year the first on campus preview was 12/8. And there were 3-4 total I believe.
I’m a first year here if anyone has questions.
Do you mean on campus for previews, not interviews, correct?
I cant rank utmb and I interviewed earlier on. Someone said they were updating their systemAnyone here still unable to rank UTMB?
Thank you! If you have time, I would be grateful for your answers to the below questions:
Q: I have heard that UTMB is pre-match offer heavy. Is that true?
Q: What were the key reasons you chose UTMB?
Q: Are you happy with your decision?
Q: What would you change about UTMB if you could?
My interviewers had anywhere from 2-4 follow-up questions. Usually it goes the full 7 minutes but the questions were simple enough to have a pretty decent back-and-forth that felt organic.Hey guys, for the interview do we speak the whole 7 minutes or should we leave time for them to ask questions?
Just be natural with it. No need to yap for 7 minutes with a bunch of fluff at the end. Make a strong case and show different angles of perception, then leave some room for follow up questions (Quality > Quality). For most of my stations I would have around a minute thirty at the end to get to know more about my interviewer and how they're enjoying the school.Hey guys, for the interview do we speak the whole 7 minutes or should we leave time for them to ask questions?

Wow, that's very generous timing! Do you know how many stations there are and if there is a rest station?I believe 3 mins to read and take notes, then it automatically adds in the interviewer who gives you 7/8 mins. Countdown timer stays on screen during each portion and gives a a one-minute warning. The prompt also stays on the screen while u answer so no worries about writing it down. It also automatically transfers you to the various stations so you genuinely just have to worry about joining and then answering questions.
Please read the last 2 pages of posts, all those details have been postedWow, that's very generous timing! Do you know how many stations there are and if there is a rest station?
Absolutely.
1. Subjectively, I would say UTMB is pre-match heavy. I pre-matched here and many of my friends did as well. They don’t release actual data on this to my knowledge. With that being said, of all the people who will eventually match to texas schools in the spring, only 15% of them receive pre match offers. Overall it’s not super common to head into match with a prematch offer.
2. I chose UTMB because the students here seemed genuinely happy to be here and spoke to the collaborative nature of our classes. Students told me during their visit they are less stressed in medical school than in undergrad and I agree. I also really liked the small group activity based learning with plenty of time allotted for self directed study.
3. I’m very happy with my choice! Everyone here is beyond kind and our class is always helping each other out. Student orgs have helped me connect with mentors. Galveston is a homey place to live. I am loving it here thus far.
4. I wish we had access to more third party resources.
Happy to answer additional questions if you have them.
I’m in your class and can completely attest to the reason I picked UTMB was for the culture. After starting and getting ready for our first final, the collaboration in our class has been outstanding. We’ve shared resources with each other, cheered each other on, and provided support in other ways. There are plenty of opportunities for mentorship, leadership, research, and community engagement. I’m 100% happy with my decisions and match.
+1Just checked TMDSAS and I can now rank UTMB.
Are you sure you are complete here including CASPer and the recorded portion of the secondary?Have any current students/prev applicants gotten IIs after 4+ months of waiting after being complete super early (like the first week)? I was complete 6/05 and still yet to hear anything here - I do have IIs from other TX schools and from OOS but UTMB is an amazing school so I’m getting concerned about yield protection as a high-stat applicant w/ 3.9+/520+ as i’ve only received IIs from the higher stat TX schools
i just verified that i got emails on june 14th with confirmation my app was complete and june 16th with confirmation my SparkHire video was complete. maybe i’ll shoot admissions a brief email confirming my app is complete but looks like it should be good on my end, just gotta hope they show me some loveAre you sure you are complete here including CASPer and the recorded portion of the secondary?
Know someone in last cycle who got into 4 top 10 schools plus all schools interviewed in Texas who was chilled until November before being called.Have any current students/prev applicants gotten IIs after 4+ months of waiting after being complete super early (like the first week)? I was complete 6/14 and still yet to hear anything here - I do have IIs from other TX schools and from OOS but UTMB is an amazing school so I’m getting concerned about yield protection as a high-stat applicant w/ 3.9+/520+ as i’ve only received IIs from the higher stat TX schools
Know someone in last cycle who got into 4 top 10 schools plus all schools interviewed in Texas who was chilled until November before being called.
UTMB is delaying prematches until December so they dont need call many high stat people early. Its easier for them if some of them get into big name schools in prematches so they might end up declining interviews.
NahFor those who completed UTMB’s interview, did you send a thank you letter considering their MMI style or decided not to. Thanks!
It won't be missed if you don't send one for any MMI style interviewFor those who completed UTMB’s interview, did you send a thank you letter considering their MMI style or decided not to. Thanks!
They said in the orientation that it does not effect your chances but its a nice thing to do.For those who completed UTMB’s interview, did you send a thank you letter considering their MMI style or decided not to. Thanks!
Wait a few hours and check again+1 IS II just now! However, there are no available interview dates. Should I call admissions?
+1 IS II just now! However, there are no available interview dates. Should I call admissions?
in case anyone doesnt know, make sure to also NOT change your interview date through the link provided (signupgenius), but to do so through email to the admissions email.Make sure to sign up using the link provided
This inspired me to finish the rest of my secondaries for Texas even with lower stats, already getting rejections might as well at least give myself the opportunity for a miracle🙂😎IS II complete 8/28 LM 63 (dreams do come true)
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.