You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
elephant123!
Full Member
Last year they let October interviewees know by 11/26 so it's possible they're using a similar timeline this yrFor those who interviewed on Oct. 20, any idea when decisions will go out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medDawgbruh
Full Member
Current MS1 here. Applied Oct, interviewed Jan, accepted off WL Jun. UA COM-P is a great school with great connections (Second week of school, advisor set me up with a physician in my interested specialty to start research and shadowing when I was ready.) Feel free to dm with any questions
NeuroticCalculator
Full Member
+1 IS A interviewed in Aug, placed on active consideration list at first
Interviewed in August and got the active consideration email again today
NeuroticCalculator
Full Member
I believe it becomes waitlist in spring, they still review your file when they meet when you're AC+1 AC, Oct interview. Is AC and waitlist the same thing?
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
What the heck is AC+1 AC
medDawgbruh
Full Member
FYI
Email from Deans at UA COMP
Dear Students,
After months of exploration, negotiation, and approvals at the highest levels, I am excited to announce the launch of a regional branch of our medical school in Yuma, AZ. It will be designated as University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, Yuma Branch in Collaboration with Onvida Health. Our school has had a long-standing educational partnership with the health system in Yuma. This program will be the core of our formal 3-year Primary Care Accelerated Pathway (PCAP) for students pursuing careers in General Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and General Pediatrics in Arizona. The first class will matriculate in the summer of 2026, and the program will be supported on site by leadership from COM-P and Yuma. We are now the first state medical school with a regional branch in rural AZ.
Key features of this program:
Recruitment for this cohort matriculating in 2026 starts today!
Email from Deans at UA COMP
Dear Students,
After months of exploration, negotiation, and approvals at the highest levels, I am excited to announce the launch of a regional branch of our medical school in Yuma, AZ. It will be designated as University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, Yuma Branch in Collaboration with Onvida Health. Our school has had a long-standing educational partnership with the health system in Yuma. This program will be the core of our formal 3-year Primary Care Accelerated Pathway (PCAP) for students pursuing careers in General Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and General Pediatrics in Arizona. The first class will matriculate in the summer of 2026, and the program will be supported on site by leadership from COM-P and Yuma. We are now the first state medical school with a regional branch in rural AZ.
Key features of this program:
- Full tuition scholarship
- Commitment and acceptance for 15 students into the program at the time of matriculation to COM-P
- 18 months in Phoenix until timely Step 1 completion, followed by 18 months of traditional clerkships in Yuma
- Links to residency training options in Yuma and other regions of AZ in the primary care specialties outlined above
- Strong student support with resources that are available on-site at Yuma and through our Phoenix campus
Recruitment for this cohort matriculating in 2026 starts today!
tryingmybest23
Full Member
Did they send an email or was it just in the portal?+1 AC
Active Consideration (essentially a hold)What the heck is AC
It was an emailDid they send an email or was it just in the portal?
Interviewed Oct 20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah I didn’t get the AC this weekHi ! Did anyone get accepted this week ? Or got an email for continued active consideration?
D
deleted1211092
For those who interviewed on 11/17 or earlier - weren't the first acceptances supposed to go out on Thursday? I haven't seen anyone report about it
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
They said the absolute earliest we could hear back was this past Thursday but it would likely take longer. They still have to sort the November interviewees and continue evaluating previous interviews from Sep and Oct. I recall hearing late December as a realistic expectation for people who interviewed in November.For those who interviewed on 11/17 or earlier - weren't the first acceptances supposed to go out on Thursday? I haven't seen anyone report about it
tryingmybest23
Full Member
Does anyone know if there is a group chat for admitted students?
I haven't heard of one yet, I imagine it gets made a little later into the cycle once more acceptances are outDoes anyone know if there is a group chat for admitted students?
D
deleted1211092
What day did you interview?Got an AC email a couple hours ago
10/20, I got the same email 2 weeks agoWhat day did you interview?
+1 interviewedGot an AC email a couple hours ago
neurotropic
New Member
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 11/17, LM 79.
D
deleted1211092
Congrats!+1 OOS A! Interviewed 11/17, LM 79.
permasenior
Full Member
+1 AC, interviewed 11/17
D
deleted1211092
Is that your first AC? I also interviewed 11/17 but havent received an email (yet)+1 AC, interviewed 11/17
permasenior
Full Member
Yep, first communication post-interviewIs that your first AC? I also interviewed 11/17 but havent received an email (yet)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stickyickyfoo123
New Member
Were you in group A or B? Congrats!+1 OOS A! Interviewed 11/17, LM 79.
jellyfish316
New Member
+1 AC, interviewed 11/17
neurotropic
New Member
Thanks! I think I was in group A, and my name is first half of alphabet - I think they said they’d review in alphabetical order.Were you in group A or B? Congrats!
D
deleted1211092
Still haven't heard anything post-interview
+1 OOS II today. Is the assigned date in-person by default?
permasenior
Full Member
+1 OOS A, so excited!!!!
D
deleted1211092
+1 IS A, so happy!!!!
Congrats guys! Did anyone receive any updates/emails post-interview? I interviewed in November and still have received no communications. I was under the impression that they would email us to at least let us know if we are on hold.+1 OOS A, so excited!!!!
fairydust
Full Member
i didn’t have any communications via email. i just had the email about the new yuma program!Congrats guys! Did anyone receive any updates/emails post-interview? I interviewed in November and still have received no communications. I was under the impression that they would email us to at least let us know if we are on hold.
D
deleted1211092
Same! Congrats on your acceptance and good luck on your medical journey!i didn’t have any communications via email. i just had the email about the new yuma program!
lolzlolzloz
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone know if UA Phx offers any financial aid or scholarships for students? (in state if that counts LOL)
tryingmybest23
Full Member
Hi! Would anyone who was accepted know the class schedule? Like what time classes typically start, how long you are on campus, etc? I’m trying to decide how feasible it is to commute or to be closer to school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thestrugglingpremedd
Full Member
+1 OOS II Submitted 6/30 LM 64
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
Interviewed 11/17 Group B and still no active consideration email 
booger brains
New Member
Me too twin, I've been spiraling and trying to divine some meaning from the silence.Interviewed 11/17 Group B and still no active consideration email![]()
D
deleted1211092
Me too brother - hoping for good news for all of usInterviewed 11/17 Group B and still no active consideration email![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K