2025-2026 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, coming back to this thread.
I agree. The communication gap at this school is stark. Unlike other admissions offices that are easily reachable, my experience here has been the complete opposite
Sorry for the late reply, but I disagree.

MSOM was very communicative with me throughout the beginning-to-mid application cycle. I assume they are just busy with waitlist movement currently and do not have much time to respond to emails and other requests for information. When I visited campus, I believe there were only 2-3 admissions officers total.
 
I sent them an intent letter like a couple weeks back and still haven't gotten a response yet. idk what to do.
Just hope for the best, plan for the worst 🙁. I also sent them one, and all they said was "thanks we'll add it to your file", so I think they got your LOI might just be busy right now. If what sorangist said is accurate, I think I will give the admissions team the benefit of the doubt. Might not hear about an A/R until july
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, coming back to this thread.

Sorry for the late reply, but I disagree.

MSOM was very communicative with me throughout the beginning-to-mid application cycle. I assume they are just busy with waitlist movement currently and do not have much time to respond to emails and other requests for information. When I visited campus, I believe there were only 2-3 admissions officers total.
I had a horrible experience trying to get in touch. Email is a 50/50 shot and there is not a phone number. At least to me that is a huge red flag. You are a medical school charging 60k per year to like 150 students per class and you you can't pay someone to even take calls? Do they even had like admin office that you can go to on campus or is it all remote? Seems like it just one building with no real offices or support. I believe they also have 1 person doing financial aid.. and how do we even contact them?

I can only imagine what is in store in the future for rotation sites. I know they have a hospital but once they are full with multiple class are they all going to be at the same hospital? Seems way to small for that. I would imagine they need to send some around and also process paper work for away rotations. All and all I am glad they were not receptive as this was my number 1 spot based on location but I a may have dodge a huge bulled.

Oh yeah and the living on campus scheme they have that is forced on to students... prob because they investors want to make sure they get there money back asap. Makes sense but it is not student centered.

Sorry I know this is way more than just a hard to get ahold of post, but just my thoughts.
 
I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with them, but I’m going to have to give this post a dislike. A lot of people here (like me) are very excited to matriculate, and I think it is very wrong to stoke overwhelming fear and doubt into going to this school. Obviously it’s a new school and they’re scaling up. The dean himself openly admitted that there will undoubtedly be some aches and pains. But the accepted students tours provided a lot of insight into some of the concerns that you have. I’m by no means expecting MSOM to be a perfect experience, but I’m sure a lot of us would rather not have a planted seed that we’re taking a proverbial ‘bullet’ for others by attending. From what I remember from earlier in the thread, you’ve already withdrawn. Out of empathy for the others here that are still hoping to gain an acceptance, I hope that we might all be able to contribute to building a good culture at MSOM, and provide meaningful feedback to improve the school as we progress
An opinion is just that, an opinion. If it doesn’t match your opinion it’s not wrong.
 
I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with them, but I’m going to have to give this post a dislike. A lot of people here (like me) are very excited to matriculate, and I think it is very wrong to stoke overwhelming fear and doubt into going to this school. Obviously it’s a new school and they’re scaling up. The dean himself openly admitted that there will undoubtedly be some aches and pains. But the accepted students tours provided a lot of insight into some of the concerns that you have. I’m by no means expecting MSOM to be a perfect experience, but I’m sure a lot of us would rather not have a planted seed that we’re taking a proverbial ‘bullet’ for others by attending. From what I remember from earlier in the thread, you’ve already withdrawn. Out of empathy for the others here that are still hoping to gain an acceptance, I hope that we might all be able to contribute to building a good culture at MSOM, and provide meaningful feedback to improve the school as we progress
An opinion is just that, an opinion. If it doesn’t match your opinion it’s not wrong.
 
An opinion is just that, an opinion. If it doesn’t match your opinion it’s not wrong.
That’s fair to say, and a good point. Could’ve worded that better phrase better. at the end of the day, @DO- DOG I hope the best for you and your future career as well, I’m sure you’ll make a good physician
 
Last edited:
An opinion is just that, an opinion. If it doesn’t match your opinion it’s not wrong.
Repost since I couldn’t edit

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with them. I do think they’re having difficulties scaling up, since they’re obviously a new school. The dean himself openly admitted that there will undoubtedly be some aches and pains. But the accepted students tours provided a lot of insight into some of the concerns that you have.I’m by no means expecting MSOM to be a perfect experience, but at least myself would rather not have a planted seed that I’m taking a proverbial ‘bullet’ for others by attending. But I can understand a little bit where you’re coming from, because another school I’m on the waitlist for has been radio silence for the most part

Out of empathy for the others here that are still hoping to gain an acceptance, I hope that we might all be able to contribute to building a good culture at MSOM, and provide meaningful feedback to improve the school as we progress, so that everybody in the future can have a good admissions experience
 
Repost since I couldn’t edit

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with them. I do think they’re having difficulties scaling up, since they’re obviously a new school. The dean himself openly admitted that there will undoubtedly be some aches and pains. But the accepted students tours provided a lot of insight into some of the concerns that you have.I’m by no means expecting MSOM to be a perfect experience, but at least myself would rather not have a planted seed that I’m taking a proverbial ‘bullet’ for others by attending. But I can understand a little bit where you’re coming from, because another school I’m on the waitlist for has been radio silence for the most part

Out of empathy for the others here that are still hoping to gain an acceptance, I hope that we might all be able to contribute to building a good culture at MSOM, and provide meaningful feedback to improve the school as we progress, so that everybody in the future can have a good admissions experience
I mean they have all the tools to be a great school. I am just speaking from my little interaction and my perception. I just was over promised and they under delivered for me. I was on APS list was invited to attend accepted students day was basically told I would be in 100% within the month and it has been 3. I must have been one of the first people on the list as head of admission called me and basically told me that I she is so sure I would get off the APS list and then nothing. No update not anything. When I emailed basically took a week for general response "no update". Like ok I need to plan.

So maybe I am a little jaded, but by no means do I want to ruin your parade. You got into med school. You're going to be a doctor either way. I am just saying thankfully I had other options that probably suited me and my needs a little better and it was probably best it worked out for me that way. Anyway, good luck. I hope it turns out great because it does definitely have that possibility,.
 
I mean they have all the tools to be a great school. I am just speaking from my little interaction and my perception. I just was over promised and they under delivered for me. I was on APS list was invited to attend accepted students day was basically told I would be in 100% within the month and it has been 3. I must have been one of the first people on the list as head of admission called me and basically told me that I she is so sure I would get off the APS list and then nothing. No update not anything. When I emailed basically took a week for general response "no update". Like ok I need to plan.

So maybe I am a little jaded, but by no means do I want to ruin your parade. You got into med school. You're going to be a doctor either way. I am just saying thankfully I had other options that probably suited me and my needs a little better and it was probably best it worked out for me that way. Anyway, good luck. I hope it turns out great because it does definitely have that possibility,.
I do think it’s weird they have an APS then a WL. Don’t think I know any other school I’ve applied to that does that
 
I had a horrible experience trying to get in touch. Email is a 50/50 shot and there is not a phone number. At least to me that is a huge red flag. You are a medical school charging 60k per year to like 150 students per class and you you can't pay someone to even take calls? Do they even had like admin office that you can go to on campus or is it all remote? Seems like it just one building with no real offices or support. I believe they also have 1 person doing financial aid.. and how do we even contact them?

I can only imagine what is in store in the future for rotation sites. I know they have a hospital but once they are full with multiple class are they all going to be at the same hospital? Seems way to small for that. I would imagine they need to send some around and also process paper work for away rotations. All and all I am glad they were not receptive as this was my number 1 spot based on location but I a may have dodge a huge bulled.

Oh yeah and the living on campus scheme they have that is forced on to students... prob because they investors want to make sure they get there money back asap. Makes sense but it is not student centered.

Sorry I know this is way more than just a hard to get ahold of post, but just my thoughts.
They have more rotation sites than just Meritus! You can see them here: Clinical Affiliates and Rotations

I know you aren’t interested in the school anymore but just wanted to make that clear for others that are interested so they don’t stress about that aspect. So sorry you had a not so pleasant experience. I’m still over here hoping to get off of the waitlist because this is the only school that will work for me and my family situation.
 
They have more rotation sites than just Meritus! You can see them here: Clinical Affiliates and Rotations

I know you aren’t interested in the school anymore but just wanted to make that clear for others that are interested so they don’t stress about that aspect. So sorry you had a not so pleasant experience. I’m still over here hoping to get off of the waitlist because this is the only school that will work for me and my family situation.
I was more talking about the admin work that goes into rotations and all that. Basically I got a bad vibe they are disorganized and may spill over into clinical year. I have no proof or insight other than my communication. I guess we will find out next 2 years when they first class go through.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for all your updates, how are you feeling about the school and starting? I’m currently on the APS and debating between this one and another.
I liked what I saw from the school. No recorded lectures does kinda suck, but when asking a question about it at accepted students day, the faculty said they were looking at reviewing the policy. So who knows. I'm confident enough in my abilities as a student to make it work. Pass/Fail is huge for me. The campus hopsital has just added a couple residency and fellowship cohorts. Seems like students will have plenty of options for rotations throughout the Meritus network. The housing campus is nice, and the location is only an hour and change away from both DC and Balitmore, which is also nice. I'm an HPSP student, so I'm not concerned at all about the living expense or tuition. Seems like there's a huge amount of HPSP students in this incoming class, according to the Groupme, so that's also a bonus for me. Overall, happy and excited to stay within the DMV!
 
I had some questions about the school that I havent been able to find answers to online. Does anyone know if:
- can students set up their own rotations? Atleast in 4th year. I’m interested in northwestern and UThealth Houston
- what are the Board prep materials given and when does prep start? how much dedicated time do we get for boards?
- does anyone know how many things are mandatory per week?

My other option is a school that’s normal graded but lectures are not mandatory as long as you aren’t struggling. But I’m hesitating bc students have mentioned feeling the school didn’t prepare them well for boards and normal grades will stress me out but also make it more competitive for residency
 
I had some questions about the school that I havent been able to find answers to online. Does anyone know if:
- can students set up their own rotations? Atleast in 4th year. I’m interested in northwestern and UThealth Houston
- what are the Board prep materials given and when does prep start? how much dedicated time do we get for boards?
- does anyone know how many things are mandatory per week?

My other option is a school that’s normal graded but lectures are not mandatory as long as you aren’t struggling. But I’m hesitating bc students have mentioned feeling the school didn’t prepare them well for boards and normal grades will stress me out but also make it more competitive for residency
Also curious! Did you get an A from them? I am debating between them and LMU, but I am leaning more towards LMU as it is more established, has a good match list, and grandfathering in the GradPlus loans. Only reason I am debating is because I live like an hour and a half from Meritus, so it's closer to my support system. But when I posted it on Reddit, most people said to stick with LMU as it was safer.
 
Last edited:
I had some questions about the school that I havent been able to find answers to online. Does anyone know if:
- can students set up their own rotations? Atleast in 4th year. I’m interested in northwestern and UThealth Houston
- what are the Board prep materials given and when does prep start? how much dedicated time do we get for boards?
- does anyone know how many things are mandatory per week?

My other option is a school that’s normal graded but lectures are not mandatory as long as you aren’t struggling. But I’m hesitating bc students have mentioned feeling the school didn’t prepare them well for boards and normal grades will stress me out but also make it more competitive for residency
After speaking to a few students, they have P/F with honors, so it is still stressful as they still give out class ranks that residency programs can see. And they have something mandatory Monday to Thursday. They have mandatory lectures and don't record them (with a dress code). A decent number of people had to remediate a block over break (immunology or foundations). They said the school has many flaws being a new school, but they have the potential to improve and be a good school. As for rotations and board prep, they can't really speak on that as they are in the inaugural class and didn't reach to that point. So it will stay unknown until they get to that point next year to see if they are being prepared well for boards. I heard rotation sites are more strict though, so it will be more difficult to set up their rotations, but that is also something that is also unknown until they reach that point (obviously unless you apply for audition rotations).
 
After speaking to a few students, they have P/F with honors, so it is still stressful as they still give out class ranks that residency programs can see. And they have something mandatory Monday to Thursday. They have mandatory lectures and don't record them (with a dress code). A decent number of people had to remediate a block over break (immunology or foundations). They said the school has many flaws being a new school, but they have the potential to improve and be a good school. As for rotations and board prep, they can't really speak on that as they are in the inaugural class and didn't reach to that point. So it will stay unknown until they get to that point next year to see if they are being prepared well for boards. I heard rotation sites are more strict though, so it will be more difficult to set up their rotations, but that is also something that is also unknown until they reach that point (obviously unless you apply for audition rotations).
Whats the dress code? I don’t remember them having a lecture hall?
 
I’ve been waitlisted at this school since March. Should I be expecting movement or no? Because I’m seriously contemplating whether or not I should withdraw.
Same tbh, WL since late Feb. Personally, I refuse to give up since MSOM is IS for me, and my only A is 13 hours away. If I get in even in July I will still be attending. Sadly I think many people are still holding onto As for different reasons. I sadly imagine there is someone waitlisted at my A school who would love to go there but can't because of me. Rough world
 
Just out of curiosity, online it says that the school will be having 180 students per cohort. Any chance they were just over reaching, or what if there is a huge acceptance wave incoming (coping lol, but we got this)
 
Waitlisted at this school since 5/22. Interviewed 5/01. Am really hoping to get accepted since I've been waitlisted from other schools I interviewed at. No A's yet. I think adcom mentioned that there would be around 140-150 people. Trying to stay hopeful since another cycle will be decimating to the soul tbh. #waitlistwarriorsunited
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, did you get off the waitlist, APS, or A after interview?

The groupme I heard is sent by the school so it’s official, i’m not 100% tho.
thank you! I got the A after the interview! I originally applied for the 2026-2027 cycle but they emailed me last week asking if I wanted to be considered for the 2025-2026 cycle.

I accepted the offer earlier today so I might just be jumping the gun, but I’ll keep an eye out for a link by the school if that’s the case 🙂
 
thank you! I got the A after the interview! I originally applied for the 2026-2027 cycle but they emailed me last week asking if I wanted to be considered for the 2025-2026 cycle.

I accepted the offer earlier today so I might just be jumping the gun, but I’ll keep an eye out for a link by the school if that’s the case 🙂
Wow! You must have amazing stats. Congratz!
 
This is really frustrating for me. I know they are new and want to boost their average stats. But it rubs me the wrong way knowing there are people still on the APS and regular waitlist for this past cycle. If they didn’t actually want to accept the people on the waitlist, then why even waitlist them in the first place?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2871.png
    IMG_2871.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 173
This is really frustrating for me. I know they are new and want to boost their average stats. But it rubs me the wrong way knowing there are people still on the APS and regular waitlist for this past cycle. If they didn’t actually want to accept the people on the waitlist, then why even waitlist them in the first place?
Yeah, I withdrew my A and happy I did lol. A school that doesn't care about the students on their APS and WL is not a great school in my opinion. It's unfair that people have been waiting for months, and they accept a student that submitted their application three weeks ago. It shows what is wrong with new schools and that all they care about is to boost their stats and reputation by allowing in people with higher stats that just applied.
 
Well that’s a slap in the face, ngl feeling very defeated. I interviewed in-person on Friday Feb 27th, then got WL the following Tuesday (turn around was way too fast considering they told us it might take 2-4 weeks to hear back). Damn I really liked the program too🙁
 
Well that’s a slap in the face, ngl feeling very defeated. I interviewed in-person on Friday Feb 27th, then got WL the following Tuesday (turn around was way too fast considering they told us it might take 2-4 weeks to hear back). Damn I really liked the program too🙁
Its not over yet!
 
This is really frustrating for me. I know they are new and want to boost their average stats. But it rubs me the wrong way knowing there are people still on the APS and regular waitlist for this past cycle. If they didn’t actually want to accept the people on the waitlist, then why even waitlist them in the first place?
I wonder how how someone staats are to bring them up? If they were that high I would assume that person would want to see if they get into other schools and not sell themselves short.

I think if you are on APS and mcat over 500 you should be fine
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the WL even moving much? 😭
Haven't seen anything on other forums (admit.org or reddit) about any large WL movement. They could just be full, and nobody is reporting it, or there could still be those 20-30ish spots left and the school is still just waiting. If they are waiting I think its a combo of BBB/financial aide uncertainty making the class size itself uncertain so they are waiting to see possible withdraw damage. Personally, still not giving up hope till the final day idc lol. Edit: actually I see a couple of people on admit with an A but also have an MD A, and could just be holding the Meritus one because they have no real push/deadline/consequence to holding a DO A.
 
Are there any updates to the GroupMe?
I'm on the waitlist and also curious about how long the waitlist and APS are, if anyone has any info. Based on CycleTrack, it seems like no one has been rejected yet (or at least reported it), so it does feel like the waitlist is a soft rejection. I interviewed in Jan and I've been on the waitlist since March, sent an update letter and heard back with a thank you for sending/for my patience and that it was added to my file.
Pretty frustrated by how long they can go without any updates, but also glad I'm on the waitlist.