You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Meritus SOM
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1037101
I think that's what they meant, wouldn't make any sense otherwise, especially since people get off the waitlist all the time up until the first day of classes at other schools
I’d imagine june 30 is the deadline that ppl gave themselves to hear back from their other WL, b4 being tied to the housing agreement. As in, they would commit to MSOM, rather than withdraw at that point. It’s actually more likely movement will happen prior to the 30th.Why would there not be movement after June 30th if that’s the date where people have to decide on housing. Like if someone say no to housing then they are prob saying no to msom so that opens a seat?..
It would take a insanely ballsy individual to give up a A to a US med school on the hopes of getting off a WL the last month before orientation.
Likewise, you would reallllllyyyy have to like a program to pay an entire year lease at a school you don’t even go to. But I guess it’s possible ppl would withdraw after signing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
did everyone send a LOI? does a letter of intent help you this late? Debating sending one.
D
deleted1037101
I sent one shortly after being WL. im debating sending another but I feel like at this point if we expressed interest in staying on the WL then it's indicative of our intent to enroll. that, and I wonder if they'd even read it tbh. I'd send one in if you havent already since you were recently WLdid everyone send a LOI? does a letter of intent help you this late? Debating sending one.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
Yea I’m thinking similar to you. Like I got that email about being still interested and I replied so I feel like it’s safe to assume if I got in I’d go.I sent one shortly after being WL. im debating sending another but I feel like at this point if we expressed interest in staying on the WL then it's indicative of our intent to enroll. that, and I wonder if they'd even read it tbh. I'd send one in if you havent already since you were recently WL
I sent a letter of interest 6/7 and was WL 6/10. Interviewed 6/5. I am unsure if a LOI might be a bit too much. The last thing I want to do is bother them lol
If this is your only school or your top choice, I don't see what you have to lose with sending onedid everyone send a LOI? does a letter of intent help you this late? Debating sending one.
futuregirlydoc
Full Member
I sent a letter of interest back in March, and then I replied to the waitlist email with a nice, but concise letter of continued interest, so I say go for it!Yea I’m thinking similar to you. Like I got that email about being still interested and I replied so I feel like it’s safe to assume if I got in I’d go.
I sent a letter of interest 6/7 and was WL 6/10. Interviewed 6/5. I am unsure if a LOI might be a bit too much. The last thing I want to do is bother them lol
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
Still no WL movement 😓😓 if someone gets off the WL let us know
How many people are on the WL still? I feel like it’s crazy long.
How many people are on the WL still? I feel like it’s crazy long.
Last edited:
I feel like its crazy long and I’m at the bottom of it😓Still no WL movement 😓😓 if someone gets off the WL let us know
How many people are on the WL still? I feel like it’s crazy long.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
same! I wanna call to ask but don’t wanna be annoying 😣I feel like its crazy long and I’m at the bottom of it😓
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
Has anyone called and asked if there has been movement or where you are on the WL?
futuregirlydoc
Full Member
I haven’t called for anything because I don’t want to be needy and honestly I’m not sure if they would even tell us our position on the waitlist etc… I’m just riding it out, responding to whatever emails they send, and saying a prayer 😂Has anyone called and asked if there has been movement or where you are on the WL?
The FB definitely isn’t accurate. The GroupMe is more accurate since admin sends the invite to accepted students that have paid their deposit. I just looked and there are currently 83 students on the GroupMe.their accepted students fb group only has like 30 people in it. anyone know if that's an accurate number? seems like no one really uses fb anymore but idk if they have a publicly shared groupie link
coffee_enthusiast
Full Member
So roughly, there are 14 spots left?? And then we have this week for people to decline their offers before the June 30th deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
When we thinking they are gonnq give out those spots?
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
I’m confused. if MSOM is done interviewing why not fill the 14 seats?
The FB definitely isn’t accurate. The GroupMe is more accurate since admin sends the invite to accepted students that have paid their deposit. I just looked and there are currently 83 students on the GroupMe.
TenWalnuts
New Member
From what I have heard, every seat (of the 90 available) is likely filled just not everyone has signed up for the group me. All new acceptances are coming from people returning their A and others coming off the waitlist. If there is going to be more waitlist movement this year it will likely be right around the 30th.
D
deleted1037101
at this point in the cycle how likely is waitlist movement though? im assuming most people have already committed to their schools and if anything, a dropped seat would be from someone getting off the waitlist at another school (but if most schools have already locked in this year's cohort, will there really be a massive shift on the 30th?). im hoping everyone that's waitlisted on this thread makes it in, but I wish I knew the likelihood of that because I have to plan the next year of my life lol
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
you bring a good point. I’m not totally sure. but same I need to plan my life so I wanna know.at this point in the cycle how likely is waitlist movement though? im assuming most people have already committed to their schools and if anything, a dropped seat would be from someone getting off the waitlist at another school (but if most schools have already locked in this year's cohort, will there really be a massive shift on the 30th?). im hoping everyone that's waitlisted on this thread makes it in, but I wish I knew the likelihood of that because I have to plan the next year of my life lol
I think I might call today and ask if they expect movement. Like who knows if the class is even full we keep getting mixed marks on here.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
Also I know people who are waiting on the WL at like lmu or lecom which are seeing movement. so maybe if they get into lmu they will go there.
however I do know some hoping for unecom which just started. So that is very unlikely.
however I do know some hoping for unecom which just started. So that is very unlikely.
coffee_enthusiast
Full Member
I called again yesterday, but no answer. I left a voicemail, and they never called back. I think they're really busy.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
did you ask if there’s WL movement happening?I called again yesterday, but no answer. I left a voicemail, and they never called back. I think they're really busy.
they are probably trying to finalize their class.
coffee_enthusiast
Full Member
That's what I asked in the voicemail, but nothing back from them yet. Maybe someone else can try calling today.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
I really want to call just don’t want to be a bother 🙈That's what I asked in the voicemail, but nothing back from them yet. Maybe someone else can try calling today.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
I see there has been WL movement at a ton of other schools so maybe that will help us?
PlzletagirlbeaDR
Full Member
Tbh I don’t see a lot of waitlist movement happening, a lot of schools this year have really slow waitlist movement which is impacting waitlist movement everywhere. There could possibly be like a few students who end up dropping but after June 30th I likely don’t see it happening at all
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
I sent an email asking if they expect WL
movement. I will let you know if I get a response.
Tbh I don’t see a lot of waitlist movement happening, a lot of schools this year have really slow waitlist movement which is impacting waitlist movement everywhere. There could possibly be like a few students who end up dropping but after June 30th I likely don’t see it happening at all
movement. I will let you know if I get a response.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
when we thinking they will give out that seat? Part of me thinks June 30th a few As will be givenOne of my classmates just left our GroupMe stating they just got another A. So I know one spot just opened.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
ah when are they gonna have movement. I gotta sign a lease for my current A soon.
When are you giving up hope?
When are you giving up hope?
PlzletagirlbeaDR
Full Member
They had three new people added to the group chat today
Is the orientation date of your current school later than the orientation date of this school? I think I remember MSOM having a little bit earlier start than most, which would be favorable.ah when are they gonna have movement. I gotta sign a lease for my current A soon.
When are you giving up hope?
What I would do is give your landlord an expected signing date of after said date, for example, July 1X, and just pay the first month's deposit at your current lease, to basically "hold your spot." Then, after MSOM's orientation, you probably won't be getting off the waitlist, so you should be free to sign the lease and fully commit without worry.
You would obviously lose your deposit in the scenario you switch last minute, but a grand or two is nothing compared to being locked in for a year plus. Depending on your landlord, they might also deny the request for another individual who is ready to sign sooner, and you won't be able to move in until after you sign, but depending on how much and willing you want to go here, might be worth it.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
ah gotcha. so they are having wl movement? Or is it just people joining late I wonder.They had three new people added to the group chat today
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
my school starts July 14 which is before msom. but thank you so much for the advice!!!Is the orientation date of your current school later than the orientation date of this school? I think I remember MSOM having a little bit earlier start than most, which would be favorable.
What I would do is give your landlord an expected signing date of after said date, for example, July 1X, and just pay the first month's deposit at your current lease, to basically "hold your spot." Then, after MSOM's orientation, you probably won't be getting off the waitlist, so you should be free to sign the lease and fully commit without worry.
You would obviously lose your deposit in the scenario you switch last minute, but a grand or two is nothing compared to being locked in for a year plus. Depending on your landlord, they might also deny the request for another individual who is ready to sign sooner, and you won't be able to move in until after you sign, but depending on how much and willing you want to go here, might be worth it.
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
I interviewed on 6/12 and still haven’t heard back. I would assume they’d give me an answer around/by 6/30 as you all are saying
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
Oh wow you haven’t heard yet? are you sure you didn’t miss it. I had my II first week of June and heard back in 3 days..I interviewed on 6/12 and still haven’t heard back. I would assume they’d give me an answer around/by 6/30 as you all are saying
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
I’ve been checking my emails and phone so I’m certain I didn’t miss anything. I’m assuming they have to decide whether or not to defer acceptance or make those of us who applied for Fall 2026 reapplyOh wow you haven’t heard yet? are you sure you didn’t miss it. I had my II first week of June and heard back in 3 days..
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
ah gotcha. maybe check your portal. Hoping for the best for you!I’ve been checking my emails and phone so I’m certain I didn’t miss anything. I’m assuming they have to decide whether or not to defer acceptance or make those of us who applied for Fall 2026 reapply
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
Thanks! I actually didn’t get a portal since I applied for next cycle lol. All my communication with them has been via emailah gotcha. maybe check your portal. Hoping for the best for you!
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
you didn’t have a secondary?Thanks! I actually didn’t get a portal since I applied for next cycle lol. All my communication with them has been via email
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
I had one but it was free and had to be submitted in under a week.you didn’t have a secondary?
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
I’m so sorry to hear this. If possible, ask for a deferred acceptance to next year so you can focus on your father's health without the stress of having to reapply. Good luck to both of you!I had to unfortunately withdraw my acceptance due to personal reasons (dad had a heart attack last night). Hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck everyone.
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
so the portal I’m referring to is the place you did your secondaryI had one but it was free and had to be submitted in under a week.
keatonmitchellfan
Full Member
They emailed me the secondary in a word doc and I sent it back like thatso the portal I’m referring to is the place you did your secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
ah gotcha never mind then lol. very interesting!They emailed me the secondary in a word doc and I sent it back like that
coffee_enthusiast
Full Member
Please let there be movement with the housing deadline being today!!
gyikhdyhhf-coca-cola
Full Member
hoping the same!!!Please let there be movement with the housing deadline being today!!
coffee_enthusiast
Full Member
Watch them accept people and make them sign by midnight.
futuregirlydoc
Full Member
Either today or tomorrow come onnnn🤞🏼🤞🏼Please let there be movement with the housing deadline being today!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 371
- Views
- 97K