cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang! How many people do they need on their waitlist and why are they still interviewing😭Yes, the class has been full since at least March
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dang! How many people do they need on their waitlist and why are they still interviewing😭Yes, the class has been full since at least March
Interesting when i interviewed, they said the class was not fullYes, the class has been full since at least March
Then why would some people be on APS list? They literally have a guaranteed admission for next year if they can't get in for this year. I doubt they would have people for next year class without filling this years seats.Interesting when i interviewed, they said the class was not full
I’d imagine most schools have a few spots open still for strong applicants coming from a failed MD cycle, to help bolster their averages. I’m also on the APS but i’m starting to feel like it doesn’t really matter.Then why would some people be on APS list? They literally have a guaranteed admission for next year if they can't get in for this year. I doubt they would have people for next year class without filling this years seats.
Maybe they just misspoke because they are building a bigger waitlist still. Who knows really?
By May 1st a lot of schools start requiring deposits so a lot of people start dropping their acceptances for other schools, or so i’ve heard…What is the deadline for accepted students to let the school know if they will be attending? So I know when to expect waitlist movement.
Thank you.By May 1st a lot of schools start requiring deposits so a lot of people start dropping their acceptances for other schools, or so i’ve heard…
Maybe i have no idea at this point. I have been trying to read the Tea leaves but just guessing lolI’d imagine most schools have a few spots open still for strong applicants coming from a failed MD cycle, to help bolster their averages. I’m also on the APS but i’m starting to feel like it doesn’t really matter.
congrats!! when did you interview?+1 OOS A
Congrats!! Interview date?+1 OOS A
+1 OO
wonder if this is real? New member never post before, and no response to questions that most people would be ecstatic to respond.Congrats!! Interview date?
Some people don’t join until they get an acceptance, and then of course it takes a while to learn how to use the site.wonder if this is real? New member never post before, and no response to questions that most people would be ecstatic to respond.
Very real. What motivation would I have to lie? Interviewed 4/16wonder if this is real? New member never post before, and no response to questions that most people would be ecstatic to respond.
none lol but hey you responded. Do you mind sharing your staats?Very real. What motivation would I have to lie? Interviewed 4/16
I agree. The communication gap at this school is stark. Unlike other admissions offices that are easily reachable, my experience here has been the complete oppositeGood luck to my fellow WL warriors. I’ve officially withdrawn my waitlist spot ( APS). I just wasn’t getting a great vibe from the program. It was hard to get in touch with anyone or get clear information, which gave me a sense of disorganization behind the scenes and a lack of continuity.
-10 from the GroupMe. Wishing the best of luck for everybody
How many are there now ?
appreciate your updates!!
No problem! I’m a waitlist warrior for one of my in state school, so I know the feelingappreciate your updates!!
I really appreciate you for the updates 🫶
No problem! Hoping the best for everybody on the WL/APSI really appreciate you for the updates 🫶
Do you know how many students they are accepting this year?FYSA: 99 of us in the group me as of this morning
When I spoke to the Dean at accepted students day he gave me a 140-150 range that he expects. But I can't say for certain that's the actual number they're going to go withDo you know how many students they are accepting this year?
Thank youWhen I spoke to the Dean at accepted students day he gave me a 140-150 range that he expects. But I can't say for certain that's the actual number they're going to go with
Firstly I have been following this thread for a while (was just approved), and your updates have been my thread of hope. I really appreciate them, as MSOM is IS for me. Secondly, I am really just wondering what the hold up is? Obviously 99 in the group me does not mean 99 accepted students, but even if they have 20-30 spots left, why does it seem like they are still waiting to pull from the WL? Especially after the MD May 1st deadlineWhen I spoke to the Dean at accepted students day he gave me a 140-150 range that he expects. But I can't say for certain that's the actual number they're going to go with
No problem! There's been a few more adds and drops, but the GroupMe still remains at 99 as of postingFirstly I have been following this thread for a while (was just approved), and your updates have been my thread of hope. I really appreciate them, as MSOM is IS for me. Secondly, I am really just wondering what the hold up is? Obviously 99 in the group me does not mean 99 accepted students, but even if they have 20-30 spots left, why does it seem like they are still waiting to pull from the WL? Especially after the MD May 1st deadline
I have already dropped them, but I have a friend that said they sent her a email this week basically reaching out to see if they were still interested in staying on the APS list. She is IS so idk if that has anything to do with it, but maybe they are getting numbers together and something is coming soon.Anyone hear any news so far this week?
yea just got IS WLAnyone hear any news so far this week?
best of luck ✨🤞 did you reach out first or they just let you know via email/phone without reaching out?yea just got IS WL
When did you interview?yea just got IS WL
What day in April?accepted interviewed in april.
april 3rdWhen did you interview?
What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? Or like a ballpark.april 3rd
Tbh I don't think anyone really knows. Best info we have is from our dear friend Const3llations on the accepted student groupme. My assumption is that they have a much bigger WL group this year, and more people holding onto As because of BBB/financial aide issues. Also heard a rumor that some MD students do not withdraw from DO schools because they simply feel like it was too much of a hassle. Sadly though, looking at this forum last year, there was huge mid april - mid may movement. There may not be any big WL wave this year 🙁Why does waitlist movement seem slow? Is the class full?
Lot of adds and drops in the GroupMe, it’s at 101 students now with 8 new people addedTbh I don't think anyone really knows. Best info we have is from our dear friend Const3llations on the accepted student groupme. My assumption is that they have a much bigger WL group this year, and more people holding onto As because of BBB/financial aide issues. Also heard a rumor that some MD students do not withdraw from DO schools because they simply feel like it was too much of a hassle. Sadly though, looking at this forum last year, there was huge mid april - mid may movement. There may not be any big WL wave this year 🙁
Were you ever on the wait listapril 3rd
currently on the WL now, that was my post interview decisionWere you ever on the wait list
Yeah then maybe I am wrong. Possibly a lot of WL movement just unreportedLot of adds and drops in the GroupMe, it’s at 101 students now with 8 new people added
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.