2025-2026 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I’m posting here hoping for a bit of reassurance. I interviewed on 3/12 and am still waiting to hear back. This was my only interview this cycle, so I’m really hoping for a positive outcome. Lately I’ve been getting a bit worried since it’s been quiet with no updates. I also submitted a letter of interest but haven’t heard anything yet. If anyone has advice or can share similar experiences, I’d really appreciate it. 🥺
Im in the same boat! i interviewed 3/17, but i think silence is still better than a rejection🙂 Its going to be okay! i like to think they are still considering me. i also did just get another interview today, and schools say there should be movement in the next few weeks!!!
 
Im in the same boat! i interviewed 3/17, but i think silence is still better than a rejection🙂 Its going to be okay! i like to think they are still considering me. i also did just get another interview today, and schools say there should be movement in the next few weeks!!!
That’s truly what I’m hoping, because if we were to be rejected I’m sure that would’ve happened way earlier. Really hoping to hear back soon. Praying for A’s for the both of us! Also congrats on the other interview! I’m thinking to email other schools a letter of interest that I had sent applications too to show continued interest.
 
Hello everyone, I’m posting here hoping for a bit of reassurance. I interviewed on 3/12 and am still waiting to hear back. This was my only interview this cycle, so I’m really hoping for a positive outcome. Lately I’ve been getting a bit worried since it’s been quiet with no updates. I also submitted a letter of interest but haven’t heard anything yet. If anyone has advice or can share similar experiences, I’d really appreciate it. 🥺
I interviewed 3/6 and got an “A pending seat” 3/23 (roughly 2.5 weeks after I)… it’s only been less than 4 weeks and since you haven’t gotten a hard rejection, I’d agree with others and think they’re still considering you! Hope that’s the case- good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any news on MSOM? I feel like I am just sitting in the dark. Are they pulling people off the currently APS list or WL?
Admin sent us an email the other day ahead of the April 15th deadline asking us to confirm whether we are definitely putting down second deposit, thinking about it, or not considering it anymore. Speaking with the dean at accepted students day, he expects this class to fill to about ~150. There's about 100 of us in the groupme currently, but that doesn't mean that everybody in there is dead set on committing. I myself am still mulling over other schools. So I think anybody on the APS or WL should still be more than hopeful.
 
Admin sent us an email the other day ahead of the April 15th deadline asking us to confirm whether we are definitely putting down second deposit, thinking about it, or not considering it anymore. Speaking with the dean at accepted students day, he expects this class to fill to about ~150. There's about 100 of us in the groupme currently, but that doesn't mean that everybody in there is dead set on committing. I myself am still mulling over other schools. So I think anybody on the APS or WL should still be more than hopeful.
Thanks! I figured a huge hang up would be finance with people as loans need to be private so I was expecting some movement, however I have not seen much based on forums. So thanks for the insight!
 
Thanks! I figured a huge hang up would be finance with people as loans need to be private so I was expecting some movement, however I have not seen much based on forums. So thanks for the insight!
Yeah private loans will be a big issue for most. There's more than a couple HPSP students in this upcoming class (myself included).

Accepted students day I think really made a good impression on the majority of those that attended. It made me feel good enough to most likely consider this my #1 DO over more established VCOM.
 
Yeah private loans will be a big issue for most. There's more than a couple HPSP students in this upcoming class (myself included).

Accepted students day I think really made a good impression on the majority of those that attended. It made me feel good enough to most likely consider this my #1 DO over more established VCOM.
Yeah if you have HSPS then def worth considering it #1. It seems like they are trying to set you up for success at MSOM. I feel they will be a top choice once they have match data in a few years. ( assuming its good)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's the current situation for those waiting. There's 108 of us in the Groupme after yesterday. Some people left, some people added. So maybe roughly 30ish seats left to fill?

Best of luck to everybody
Thank you! How many students do they plan to enroll?
 
I think they said they were going to make the class size 180, unless they changed something
They said 180 class size "in the future" - whether that means this year or not I have not been able to find.
One of your co-applicants heard the number 150.
Sometimes the licensing board will approve a certain class size to start with for a new school, then allow expansion if the first couple of cohorts are progressing as well as expected.
 
TBH i am not feeling too confident much is going on behind on the scenes at the moment. Idk why i was thinking things would progress the day after the second deposit. They will probably wait until may for some real movement. Also, i think they are still doing interviews.... so that list probably just growing. So if you are fellow WL warrior we should prob forget about it and just hope a nice surprise comes in someday. Maybe APS folks will get more lucky but for normal WL.. most likely weeks away at best.
 
They said 180 class size "in the future" - whether that means this year or not I have not been able to find.
One of your co-applicants heard the number 150.
Sometimes the licensing board will approve a certain class size to start with for a new school, then allow expansion if the first couple of cohorts are progressing as well as expected.
Yes, spoke to the dean at ASD and he said the class is supposed to be 140, with room to get up to 150 with exceptions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got waitlisted as well 😢 This was my only interview, so I was really hoping for a different outcome. Does anyone know what waitlist movement is typically like at this school?
 
Got waitlisted as well 😢 This was my only interview, so I was really hoping for a different outcome. Does anyone know what waitlist movement is typically like at this school?
I will say I was on the waitlist last year starting in February and never got a spot. Some people did get off the waitlist but I don’t think it was many. They didn’t tell me I didn’t get a spot until a few days before classes so they do wait.
 
I will say I was on the waitlist last year starting in February and never got a spot. Some people did get off the waitlist but I don’t think it was many. They didn’t tell me I didn’t get a spot until a few days before classes so they do wait.
So you eventually did hear back from them?
 
Tbh it could be nice if admission could give any info or timelines... I mean i have to be out of my house by end of next month and would like to know where I am moving. If i am not in great that's fine but plz let me know so I can go to a different school without hesitation.
 
FYSA: No changes in the GroupMe

I do know somebody that has been accepted but is waiting till after May 1st to join the GM, so going off that, I assume their not alone. Bc of that, there's no way to really determine how full the class really is

Wishing the best for those on the WL. I'm hoping to get off another WL as well
I’m APS and haven’t heard anything new unfortunately 🙁 Was kind of hoping to get an update this week about starting this year
 
I’m APS and haven’t heard anything new unfortunately 🙁 Was kind of hoping to get an update this week about starting this year
Since this is a new school, I'm guessing the amount of waitlist movement will vary drastically from year to year. Their first year (last year) had a ton of movement, which is to be expected, but I think now it makes sense to assume it will trend downward as the school becomes more established. Especially once match statistics come out. I think accepted students day made a big impact on a lot of people that attended
 
Since this is a new school, I'm guessing the amount of waitlist movement will vary drastically from year to year. Their first year (last year) had a ton of movement, which is to be expected, but I think now it makes sense to assume it will trend downward as the school becomes more established. Especially once match statistics come out. I think accepted students day made a big impact on a lot of people that attended
Yeah, I figured people liked the school by would be sticker shocked on loans, but I guess more people got it like that than I thought.

Also, maybe alot of people with higher staats didnt even bother with this school so maybe a lot were on the A were on lower side and therefore this was their number one choice. Getting on APS means you got the approval but just was already filled. This shows why applying early is crucial. IDK I am grabbing at straws and just scouring the internet and talking to myself on GPT for self evaluation. So alot of this could be non sense theory.
 
Yeah, I figured people liked the school by would be sticker shocked on loans, but I guess more people got it like that than I thought.

Also, maybe alot of people with higher staats didnt even bother with this school so maybe a lot were on the A were on lower side and therefore this was their number one choice. Getting on APS means you got the approval but just was already filled. This shows why applying early is crucial. IDK I am grabbing at straws and just scouring the internet and talking to myself on GPT for self evaluation. So alot of this could be non sense theory.
Contrary to this, I think a decent amount of high stat applicants applied here late after not having a fruitful MD application

I say this because I'm one of them lol. I couldn't have been the only one
 
Since this is a new school, I'm guessing the amount of waitlist movement will vary drastically from year to year. Their first year (last year) had a ton of movement, which is to be expected, but I think now it makes sense to assume it will trend downward as the school becomes more established. Especially once match statistics come out. I think accepted students day made a big impact on a lot of people that attended
I guess this is a good thing though honestly,, being APS means I’m guaranteed a spot next cycle at least so I’m not like totally stressing over it, just hoping to avoid having to move at the very last minute if admitted later this cycle ya know,, time will tell but overall glad it’s turning out to be a decent school 🙂)
 
I guess this is a good thing though honestly,, being APS means I’m guaranteed a spot next cycle at least so I’m not like totally stressing over it, just hoping to avoid having to move at the very last minute if admitted later this cycle ya know,, time will tell but overall glad it’s turning out to be a decent school 🙂)
Yes! I hope to help contribute to making this a top program 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone hear anything? lol
+2 people in the groupme since monday
Wonder if it could just be people just joining or some movement. It seems like they send out WL and As on friday so I am hopeful. The reason I say that about group me is I have a A somewhere else and I have not join group me. MSOM is my number one pick so I am holding out.