You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 U Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Emotional-Energy6580
Full Member
Were we supposed to upload a photo? I read on their website it's required but didn't see anywhere to upload.
It was required when scheduling the interview.Were we supposed to upload a photo? I read on their website it's required but didn't see anywhere to upload.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone have trouble getting into their applicant portal. The link or email they are supposed to send after putting in my amcas and birthdate has never come. I reached out to admissions but also still haven't received a response.
Darth_Waiter
New Member
Congrats!!! LM?oos ii
Is anyone else having issues with letters not being marked as sent? My letter writers meet all the criteria, I triple checked AMCAS and Miami was included in my list of schools for letters, and all other schools have received them with no issue... not sure what the problem is, my portal says status=received at the top, does it say complete if all three parts are checked off or am I overthinking this?
Last edited:
(Optional): In the space below, we invite you to choose one of our #MedCanes values and discuss how you exemplify that value. (5000 character limit) Values
Anyone know how optional this prompt is? My current draft sounds super generic and I'm struggling on how to write something unique :/
Anyone know how optional this prompt is? My current draft sounds super generic and I'm struggling on how to write something unique :/
Last edited:
kxzander
Full Member
What exactly is this question asking?Please indicate if you have an interest in any area of research or subspecialty with opportunities for engagement at the Miller School of Medicine (i.e. Ophthalmology, Trauma, Cancer, etc.). (optional) (200 characters)
fchwpp95
New Member
78Congrats!!! LM?
When'd u submit?+1 OOS II!!!!!! So so excited, I was literally refreshing this page when I got the email 🥹
happyplace333
Full Member
LM?+1 OOS II!!!!!! So so excited, I was literally refreshing this page when I got the email 🥹
b0ldlygo
Full Member
Submitted 7/14, marked complete 7/15. LM 77When'd u submit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure how it looks for other folks, but on the day I submitted (7/14),the portal showed "Secondary Application" and "Secondary Application Payment" as checked and "STATUS = received." Now my portal shows an additional row with "All Letters of Recommendation Received" and still "STATUS = received." The delay is kind of weird because I sent rec letters on 7/14 and other schools haven't had any issues with them. Anyways just curious if others see the same
arshandoesmed
New Member
Mine looks the same as well! I noticed the same change just a couple days ago.I'm not sure how it looks for other folks, but on the day I submitted (7/14),the portal showed "Secondary Application" and "Secondary Application Payment" as checked and "STATUS = received." Now my portal shows an additional row with "All Letters of Recommendation Received" and still "STATUS = received." The delay is kind of weird because I sent rec letters on 7/14 and other schools haven't had any issues with them. Anyways just curious if others see the same
Last edited:
jgoestoschool
Full Member
Mine looks the same! So does it never change from "received" up top I guess?+1 here as well! I noticed the same change just a couple days ago
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
+1 as in a II?Mine looks the same! So does it never change from "received" up top I guess?
Same issue here. I think I'll email them in a day or two if they don't mark my letters as submitted. I can let y'all know what they say if they respond... are we supposed to get any completion email (I got the secondary received one)?I'm not sure how it looks for other folks, but on the day I submitted (7/14),the portal showed "Secondary Application" and "Secondary Application Payment" as checked and "STATUS = received." Now my portal shows an additional row with "All Letters of Recommendation Received" and still "STATUS = received." The delay is kind of weird because I sent rec letters on 7/14 and other schools haven't had any issues with them. Anyways just curious if others see the same
I took it to mean they also had this issue, not an II+1 as in a II?
arshandoesmed
New Member
I meant my portal had the same LOR checkmark change 🙂+1 as in a II?
Current M3, DMs open if anyone has any questions about the school 🙂
Had orientation today, and here's some info from class of 2029's matriculation data:
- 9,912 total apps
- 5,347 secondary apps received
- 1,982 most competitive
- 682 interviews
- 432 offers
- 202 matriculations
- 9,912 total apps
- 5,347 secondary apps received
- 1,982 most competitive
- 682 interviews
- 432 offers
- 202 matriculations
Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised that many applicants didn't submit their secondaries. I wonder if it's the same for many other schoolsHad orientation today, and here's some info from class of 2029's matriculation data:
- 9,912 total apps
- 5,347 secondary apps received
- 1,982 most competitive
- 682 interviews
- 432 offers
- 202 matriculations
I think it's partly because of the new screening process implemented before secondaries are sent outWow, I'm surprised that many applicants didn't submit their secondaries. I wonder if it's the same for many other schools
Do you know what MCAT score is considered "most competitive?"Had orientation today, and here's some info from class of 2029's matriculation data:
- 9,912 total apps
- 5,347 secondary apps received
- 1,982 most competitive
- 682 interviews
- 432 offers
- 202 matriculations
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Hi there! When did you submit?+1 OOS II. URM CA resident. LM 80
Completed July 12th. They're definitely not doing it in order because many folks were getting theirs before me.Hi there! When did you submit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
It seems like it! Oh well. Back to the void of waiting.Completed July 12th. They're definitely not doing it in order because many folks were getting theirs before me.
They said average was 516 so probably around that scoreDo you know what MCAT score is considered "most competitive?"
ilostmyscapel
Full Member
Hi y'all! For those who's app is complete, were you able to figure out if the status above change from received to complete or does it stay as received regardless if its completed? I have all three checkmarks and got the email from Miami that says they received my secondary too, but I'm still curious.
Emotional-Energy6580
Full Member
I'm wondering the same thing.Hi y'all! For those who's app is complete, were you able to figure out if the status above change from received to complete or does it stay as received regardless if its completed? I have all three checkmarks and got the email from Miami that says they received my secondary too, but I'm still curious.
Content_Power_5151
Full Member
I just received an II and my status never changed from Received. Also, my letters or recommendation were never marked as all received. However, this is probably because I marked a letter as "no longer being sent".I'm wondering the same thing.
RouteCutterz80
Full Member
Does anyone know where to submit update letters in the applicant gateway? "Applicants who receive an invitation to submit a secondary and proceed with submitting their secondary application, will have the opportunity to upload updates in the applicant gateway." That was from their website?
Wait until interviewingOOS II LM 73
Is it necessary to send a thank you email for the invite or should we wait until after interviewing?
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
+1 OOS II
Submitted 7/2
MD only
LM 83
Submitted 7/2
MD only
LM 83
Last edited:
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
I just submitted my primary application to Miller and am aware its pretty late in the cycle. Is it a lost cause? Second guessing myself now
Nah, If your app is strong you're chillinI just submitted my primary application to Miller and am aware its pretty late in the cycle. Is it a lost cause? Second guessing myself now
not_houseMD
Full Member
It took a couple weeks before they sent me the secondary so I'd recommend pre writingI just submitted my primary application to Miller and am aware its pretty late in the cycle. Is it a lost cause? Second guessing myself now
not_houseMD
Full Member
Yesdid you guys write to fill up all 5000 characters for your essays?
johndoe1717171
Full Member
Nodid you guys write to fill up all 5000 characters for your essays?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Virtual school tour
Curriculum
Curriculum
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
Are your checkmarks green? Mine are greyHi y'all! For those who's app is complete, were you able to figure out if the status above change from received to complete or does it stay as received regardless if its completed? I have all three checkmarks and got the email from Miami that says they received my secondary too, but I'm still curious.
not_houseMD
Full Member
Mine are grey. Are they supposed to be green???Are your checkmarks green? Mine are grey
Other users who have not sent their secondary yet also reported an II. Most likely the automated system was told to send a "reminder" email to those outstanding applicants but it was mistakenly sent as an II. Email the school to confirm, but sorry you had to go through the roller coaster.Hi everyone, sent my primary to Miami yesterday, and a few minutes ago, I got both a secondary link and an interview invite.
This has got to be a mistake. Any advice on what to reply to it? In the email, they give me options for interview dates that have already passed, which, along with the fact that I haven't submitted the secondary, pretty much confirms to me that it's a mistake.