2025-2026 U Chicago (Pritzker)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got rejected, do you guys think your application was more service-based? I'm so curious what criteria they're using to decide rejections/admissions so early!
 
For those who got rejected, do you guys think your application was more service-based? I'm so curious what criteria they're using to decide rejections/admissions so early!
If you have time to listen to the podcast that was linked in This Post
(skip to around the halfway point to hear how they choose their class) it sounds like evidence of scholarly pursuits (aka research) is pretty important but like all interviews they have to say, "but it's your overall picture...."
 
For those who got rejected, do you guys think your application was more service-based? I'm so curious what criteria they're using to decide rejections/admissions so early!
If I had to take a guess, I am a trad applicant and it's likely that they wanted more hours out of all the stuff I did. It seems like they value investment in your ECs (I had research) that comes with some years out of undergrad
 
For those who got rejected, do you guys think your application was more service-based? I'm so curious what criteria they're using to decide rejections/admissions so early!
fwiw i thought my app was service-based (2+ years working with the same free clinic, now in leadership position), 3~ years of community-based research with underserved populations, among years of other volunteering etc. my LM is 76.50 (lower GPA). at the end of the day, no one really knows what criteria is used. just have to move on haha
 
fwiw i thought my app was service-based (2+ years working with the same free clinic, now in leadership position), 3~ years of community-based research with underserved populations, among years of other volunteering etc. my LM is 76.50 (lower GPA). at the end of the day, no one really knows what criteria is used. just have to move on haha
It is frustrating to see stories like yours, of somebody who clearly dedicated their time to fitting a school's mission and having the stats to back it up. I wish you the best this cycle. You have such an impressive background in service!
 
It is frustrating to see stories like yours, of somebody who clearly dedicated their time to fitting a school's mission and having the stats to back it up. I wish you the best this cycle. You have such an impressive background in service!
thank you for the kind words! rejection is inevitable, so im not too hurt about it in the end. it helps that i have a good friend who also got a pre II r last cycle who has a similar service background to mine. if i had to take a guess, i would say that the demographics of the underserved communities that we work w/ on the west coast arent aligned with ucm's target populations, but thats just a guess! it could have been that they thought i had bad writing, or a million other things too haha. i also wish you the best cycle too if you are applying!
 
My app is very heavy service with underserved populations and with just as much research but no publication. I know there are hundreds of applicants not on these sites but making me wonder how they keep their average MCAT so high when they just rejected so many 520s+ without an interview. Kind of relieved to get first R out of the way!
 
My app is very heavy service with underserved populations and with just as much research but no publication. I know there are hundreds of applicants not on these sites but making me wonder how they keep their average MCAT so high when they just rejected so many 520s+ without an interview. Kind of relieved to get first R out of the way!
In any given year, 2000+ people get a 520+ on the MCAT. So you could reject over 90% of those scorers and still fill a class.
 
If I had to take a guess, I am a trad applicant and it's likely that they wanted more hours out of all the stuff I did. It seems like they value investment in your ECs (I had research) that comes with some years out of undergrad
I would not take a rejection personally honestly. This is such a random process, especially as someone who got an interview to this school with ECs that seem no different/even less impressive than anyone else in this thread who got a rejection. We really have no idea what exactly each school is looking for, and so no need to beat yourself up over it. Keep your head up and realize that another school will see you for the amazing applicant that you are!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had to take a guess, I am a trad applicant and it's likely that they wanted more hours out of all the stuff I did. It seems like they value investment in your ECs (I had research) that comes with some years out of undergrad
If it is alright with you, can you please share the number of research, clinical and non clinical hours?
 
My app is very heavy service with underserved populations and with just as much research but no publication. I know there are hundreds of applicants not on these sites but making me wonder how they keep their average MCAT so high when they just rejected so many 520s+ without an interview. Kind of relieved to get first R out of the way!
I feel sorry for you. With LM of 83, your mcat must be at least 526. Our patient population would be proud of having you as their doctor. I am 100% sure, many top schools would love to have you. Be patient.

If it is alright, can you please share a ballpark figure your research, clinical and non clinical hours ? Thank you
 
If it is alright with you, can you please share the number of research, clinical and non clinical hours?
Research is about 175 hours with presentation, clinical volunteering + employment is about 400 and counting (currently working hospital) and non clinical volunteering + employment is around 600 and counting (currently working customer service)
 
I’m scared that another purge is coming soon 😬
yeah i'm shaking in my boots. i've deluded myself into believing i survived but it's more likely that they've not gotten around to rejecting people on my complete date (7/12) 🫠
 
is it too late to submit an application for this school for this season? i wasn't really considering but maybe want to add last minute since i think i may be a good mission fit, although my stats not so much.... 😭
 
is it too late to submit an application for this school for this season? i wasn't really considering but maybe want to add last minute since i think i may be a good mission fit, although my stats not so much.... 😭
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I will say that this school is highly selective for stats as well as mission fit, and they have already gone through a few waves of rejecting people.
 
Pre-II R, LM 81 submitted 7/12 -- saw it coming, honestly just relieved to see something at all from any school in my inbox
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it too late to submit an application for this school for this season? i wasn't really considering but maybe want to add last minute since i think i may be a good mission fit, although my stats not so much.... 😭
go for it 🙂 im in the same boat as you, just submitted my primary to them today. though I would recommend prewriting before submitting your primary, that way when you get the secondary you can submit it back within 20 minutes (thats just me being paranoid though lol). good luck!
 
OOS pre-II R, kinda sad about it but honestly kudos to them for emailling decision when they make it rather than ghosting until May of next year
 
Last edited:
Hey all, interviewed here pretty recently. All in all a very relaxed interview! They genuinely want to get to know who you are as a person and what makes you tick! Are there any current UChicago students who could weigh in on chances for an acceptance being sent out early in the cycle (Nov, Dec) due to an early interview? Thanks! I just want to make sure I get my letter of intent (#1 choice!) through before decisions are made on my final app.
 
Does anyone also know what the general policy is for post-II letter of interest/update letters for Pritzker? Wasn't sure if they touched on it during interview day and not sure if they'd prefer us to send in a letter or not.
 
Hey all, interviewed here pretty recently. All in all a very relaxed interview! They genuinely want to get to know who you are as a person and what makes you tick! Are there any current UChicago students who could weigh in on chances for an acceptance being sent out early in the cycle (Nov, Dec) due to an early interview? Thanks! I just want to make sure I get my letter of intent (#1 choice!) through before decisions are made on my final app.
Current M1–I think early interviews increase your odds of ‘early’ acceptance only to the degree that all acceptances sent out over the next few months will necessarily be only for students who have interviewed earlier on in the cycle. N=1, I was interviewed in November and accepted in December
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad