You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 U Chicago (Pritzker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I was interviewed on the first day and didn’t get accepted by the end of October, does that mean I’m either waitlisted or rejected?Hi friends! We are two current Pritzker M4s who serve on admissions here to answer any questions y'all may have! Fire away and we'll do our best to answer everything (within reason 😉). Best of luck to all those applying!
uchiadcomM4z
New Member
Acceptances go out all the way until end of February! I know plenty of peeps who had early interviews but didn't find out till much later in the cycle. Give em time! The process just takes a while unfortunately.If I was interviewed on the first day and didn’t get accepted by the end of October, does that mean I’m either waitlisted or rejected?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uchiadcomM4z
New Member
Yes! The school values student input just as much as faculty/staff.are all 3 interviews weighted equally?
uchiadcomM4z
New Member
Truly focus on being yourself in interviews! If any school is the right place for you, being your authentic self during interview day will help both you and the school get a sense that you would do well there! So just focus on the things you are passionate and care about and let your personality shine.What do y'all think helps someone leave a strong impression in app and interviews (outside of stats)?
How did/do you maintain perspective during the stressful times in med school?
For maintaining perspective, it is definitely helpful to have a strong sense of support from family, friends, etc. that you can talk to and decompress with and then also having interests and hobbies outside of medicine that you can go to to help you get your mind off of school/medicine. Lastly, definitely recommend figuring out what mental health support is good for you (therapy, meds, etc.) so you can bring your best self forward and also develop strong methods to cope and support yourself.
uchiadcomM4z
New Member
Definitely a shared commitment that the students, faculty, and staff have to serving the underserved! It is truly a unique place where almost every shares somewhat of a similar mission to take care of and provide high quality care to the most vulnerable - my mentors and peers are truly inspiring to work with!What's your favorite part about Pritzker?
forgetfulgoldfish
New Member
Are you all able to speak to your experiences prepping for your Step exams, specifically Step 1? I know a big topic of discussion at several med schools has been in-house versus NBME exams during your pre-clinical years, and I would love to hear more about whether you felt Pritzker’s pre-clinical exams helped you prep for your boards exams or whether you all spent most of your time self-studying. Thank you!Hi friends! We are two current Pritzker M4s who are here to answer any questions y'all may have! Fire away and we'll do our best to answer everything (within reason 😉). Best of luck to all those applying!
did you guys upload thank you notes to the AMP portal?
Hi friends! We are two current Pritzker M4s who are here to answer any questions y'all may have! Fire away and we'll do our best to answer everything (within reason 😉). Best of luck to all those applying!
Does the school still have a number of IIs left to give?
According to their Preview dates website for interviewees, they'll have interviews until 2/2Does the school still have a number of IIs left to give?
uchiadcomM4z
New Member
We do all in-house exams except for one practice NBME before you leave for dedicated that the whole class takes. In our opinion, the curriculum prepares you very well to conquer STEP 1. While there will feel like a lot of material not covered in the curriculum (weird genetics stuff, metabolism things, etc.), they actually represent a very low percentage of the content on the exam so Pritzker does a great job at prepping you for the majority of the exam that actually matters and especially prepping you for the wards.Are you all able to speak to your experiences prepping for your Step exams, specifically Step 1? I know a big topic of discussion at several med schools has been in-house versus NBME exams during your pre-clinical years, and I would love to hear more about whether you felt Pritzker’s pre-clinical exams helped you prep for your boards exams or whether you all spent most of your time self-studying. Thank you!
Hi! Has anyone who interviewed for the MSTP on Sept. 30/Oct. 1 heard anything back yet?
chummyplum
Full Member
How close are you all with your class, do you like the small class size and culture ?Hi friends! We are two current Pritzker M4s who are here to answer any questions y'all may have! Fire away and we'll do our best to answer everything (within reason 😉). Best of luck to all those applying!
+1 OOS A!!!!! IM CRYING RN THIS IS INSANE
medluma
Full Member
Told you I got you🙏 CONGRATS!!+1 OOS A!!!!! IM CRYING RN THIS IS INSANE
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dustycrusader
Full Member
+1 OOS A! HELLO WHAT???
can confirm the caller told me they accepted me after someone named medluma advocated for me <3Told you I got you🙏 CONGRATS!!
First A? Chicago admitted you before anyone in Texas?+1 OOS A! HELLO WHAT???
@dustycrusader ur HIMFirst A? Chicago admitted you before anyone in Texas?
dustycrusader
Full Member
First A! Was really doubting myself there for a bit...First A? Chicago admitted you before anyone in Texas?
+1 OOS A AHHH
pristinepreacher
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS!!! When did you interview??+1 OOS A AHHH
medluma
Full Member
MY BOYYYYYY!!!!+1 OOS A AHHH
Thank you! I interviewed on 9/8CONGRATULATIONS!!! When did you interview??
pristinepreacher
Full Member
+1 OOS A SEE YALL IN THE FALL!!!
certainhacienda31
Full Member
those of you who were accepted today, when did you interview?? HUGE congrats btw!!!!
pristinepreacher
Full Member
I interviewed 9/25!!those of you who were accepted today, when did you interview?? HUGE congrats btw!!!!
Perfect_Peonies
New Member
+1 OOS A!!!!! got the call earlier today!
pristinepreacher
Full Member
If there is, I want to be added!!Congrats everyone!🔥❤️
Is there a group chat yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medluma
Full Member
should we make one and ask admissions to email it out 🙈Congrats everyone!🔥❤️
Is there a group chat yet?
baldcap
New Member
That’d be dope, what app do people usually useshould we make one and ask admissions to email it out 🙈
ILoveFelines03
Full Member
This is where I am at too. Any luck this week?Was completed on 7/21 and have not been rejected as yet. Do I still have hope or do they ghost me till March and then reject ?
chummyplum
Full Member
GroupMe maybe?That’d be dope, what app do people usually use
mice
Full Member
sent one a week ago, just got +1 OOS MSTP IIAre update letters/letters of interest appreciated by Pritzker pre-II?
OOS Pre-II R, Submitted 7/27, LM 74
yesterday or just now?OOS Pre-II R, Submitted 7/27, LM 74
medapplooksy802
Full Member
do y'all think there will be another wave tmr?
anyone got their letter in the mail yet?
medluma
Full Member
Yeah I got it 3 weeks agoanyone got their letter in the mail yet?
what the helly, its been almost 2 weeks for me 🥲Yeah I got it 3 weeks ago
also haven’t gotten mine! trying to be patient through the holidaywhat the helly, its been almost 2 weeks for me 🥲
D
deleted1221182
Those who have been admitted - were you called from the admissions phone number on the website? I’d like to save the number (in case) because my phone silences calls from unknown numbers. I get too many spam calls☹️Thanks!
medluma
Full Member
I got called from one of the admissions team member's numbers, those can be found here: Admitted StudentsThose who have been admitted - were you called from the admissions phone number on the website? I’d like to save the number (in case) because my phone silences calls from unknown numbers. I get too many spam calls☹️Thanks!
I got it yesterday like 2 hours after i posted the comment lolAt the two week mark I emailed to confirm it wasn’t sent and mine had apparently gotten lost in mail - they sent another one immediately and I got it pretty quick
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pristinepreacher
Full Member
Mine came last on Saturday!anyone got their letter in the mail yet?
daredevil.
Full Member
+1 MD OOS II, completed 7/30, LM 85
+1 OOS II, completed 8/17, LM 78
+1 OOS II, completed 8/17, LM 78
Congrats!! When do they schedule out to?+1 MD OOS II, completed 7/30, LM 85
January 12 is the last date we can selectCongrats!! When do they schedule out to?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 206K