General Admissions & OTCAS Advice on Researching MSOT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oskibear03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in California and am planning to apply to Cal State Dom Hills, San Jose State and USC. I'm also planning on applying to 3-5 other schools. I'm considering the following locations:
  • Colorado (Colorado State University)
  • Washington (University of Washington)
  • Chicago Area (University of Illinois - Chicago)
  • Oregon
  • Arizona
  • Maybe New York
All the programs and information out there has been overwhelming, so posting on here hoping for some advice. Can anyone recommend programs in the locations I listed above that have good reputations in the OT field? Some of the things I'm looking for are:
  • Diversity - this will be my second career so it's important that my classmates aren't just coming from undergrad (no offense!) and represent a diverse population
  • A robust, solid network
  • Emphasis on developing strong clinicians
  • Social setting includes access to yoga studios, an art community and outdoors activities. I know grad school takes up a lot of time, but I'd like to live in an area where I can still partake in the things I love to do.
Are there other Qs I should be asking myself as I research potential programs to apply to?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in California and am planning to apply to Cal State Dom Hills, San Jose State and USC. I'm also planning on applying to 3-5 other schools. I'm considering the following locations:
  • Colorado (Colorado State University)
  • Washington (University of Washington)
  • Chicago Area (University of Illinois - Chicago)
  • Oregon
  • Arizona
  • Maybe New York
All the programs and information out there has been overwhelming, so posting on here hoping for some advice. Can anyone recommend programs in the locations I listed above that have good reputations in the OT field? Some of the things I'm looking for are:
  • Diversity - this will be my second career so it's important that my classmates aren't just coming from undergrad (no offense!) and represent a diverse population
  • A robust, solid network
  • Emphasis on developing strong clinicians
  • Social setting includes access to yoga studios, an art community and outdoors activities. I know grad school takes up a lot of time, but I'd like to live in an area where I can still partake in the things I love to do.
Are there other Qs I should be asking myself as I research potential programs to apply to?

Thank you!
How did you make out with this? Curious where you applied. I like all of those things, too!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile