Any Loma Linda decisions yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Slick,

She lead me to believe that we have already been reviewed and were just not rejected. They'll keep reviewing our apps till they feel they want us.

And so, the waiting continues...

Thanks for the update!... don't you guys think that sounds a bit scary though? I mean, if they don't want us now, why would they want us in the months to come?

Maybe I should just stop trying to analyze this whole thing and keep my fingers crossed!:)

Members don't see this ad.

why are you guys paranoid with accepting only one acceptance? i guess maybe cuz i'm done with school and working i know i did the pre-reqs and all my grades are alright, so there's nothing to worry about lol...but still...they have so many people they're looking at that they have no time to really try to find something wrong with ur app to rescind you.

there is at least 6+ of us on this board that are still waiting, so I think that just means they are slow. They probably have not even met yet to review us. If they had met then at least some us would have a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by svalenzuela02p
there is at least 6+ of us on this board that are still waiting, so I think that just means they are slow. They probably have not even met yet to review us. If they had met then at least some us would have a decision.
I think they already met and may have passed us up. People have just received interview invites to LLU a couple of days ago so they must have met.

I think I'm the one who's been waiting the longest...

one day short of exactly 2 months! :clap:

I'm not sure what they're looking for, but I guess I don't have it :D :D

Originally posted by Rippey
I think I'm the one who's been waiting the longest...

one day short of exactly 2 months! :clap:

I'm not sure what they're looking for, but I guess I don't have it :D :D
Wow. I don't feel as bad than because I've been waiting about a month and a half almost. I don't have what they want also. :clap:

Originally posted by Slickness
I don't have what they want also. :clap:

Neither do I! Let's start a club!! Rippey can be the president, Slick the vice president, and I'll be the historian. Now, all we need is a secretary and a treasurer! Any volunteers?

Rippey can be the president, Slick the vice president, and I'll be the historian.

:laugh: :laugh:

Neither do I! Let's start a club!! Rippey can be the president, Slick the vice president, and I'll be the historian. Now, all we need is a secretary and a treasurer! Any volunteers?
VP sounds good to me. :)

So anyway a fellow SDNer informed me in a pm that he received an invite from LLU a few days ago. What this means is that they met already and probably skipped us.

Well that sure is crappy... I sent an update letter in and then after reading it over AFTER it was sent, I realized I had typed Loma Lind. Where did the 'a' go?!? I'm beginning to think that God may want me to leave CA... I suck.

A part of me wants to go to Chicago for personal growth, but in the long run, it would be easier to get a residency, and then later practice in CA, if I went to med school in CA.

Well that sure is crappy... I sent an update letter in and then after reading it over AFTER it was sent, I realized I had typed Loma Lind. Where did the 'a' go?!? I'm beginning to think that God may want me to leave CA... I suck.

A part of me wants to go to Chicago for personal growth, but in the long run, it would be easier to get a residency, and then later practice in CA, if I went to med school in CA.
I hear you AID about the CA thing. That's why I'm going to WesternU/COMP in Pomona if I don't get into LLU. I want to go into primary care anyway so going DO won't hurt me that much. I eventually want to practice in southern CA so I figure I should go to school here.

Don't worry about the spelling thing in your letter. I spelled some stuff wrong in my AMCAS but it didn't seem to hold me back. Loyola is a good school anyways and if you do well on boards you'd be able to come back to CA no problem. :thumbup:

Thanks, Slick. I really appreciate it! I absolutely loved Loyola, and I am lucky they want me. I keep that in mind when I feel trampled on :)

Hey...you know what is really interesting? The last two posts on interview feedback were posted by AID and I, and we interviewed over a month ago! I wonder why people who have had more recent interviews haven't been posting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lilgecko
Hey...you know what is really interesting? The last two posts on interview feedback were posted by AID and I, and we interviewed over a month ago! I wonder why people who have had more recent interviews haven't been posting.
Don't know. I didn't post on the interview feedback even though my interview as months ago. I stopped posting after my 4th interview. It's too tedious.

Hey! Those are supposed to be anonymous! How did you know one of those was mine?!? I'm not saying one is... ;)

On a similar note... do any of you know what that dressing was that they served with lunch, the raspberry-something-or-other? I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember!!

Hey! Those are supposed to be anonymous! How did you know one of those was mine?!? I'm not saying one is... ;)

On a similar note... do any of you know what that dressing was that they served with lunch, the raspberry-something-or-other? I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember!!
:laugh: I'm not sure. I think they gave us ranch. One thing I do remember is the drink choices that we had, Sprite and apple juice. For some reason I remember that SDAs prefer not to drink caffeine and I thought Sprite had caffeine in it so I thought it was testing us interviewees. :laugh: Needless to say I chose an apple juice.

I guess not though because sprite doesn't have caffeine.

:laugh: I'm not sure. I think they gave us ranch. One thing I do remember is the drink choices that we had, Sprite and apple juice. For some reason I remember that SDAs prefer not to drink caffeine and I thought Sprite had caffeine in it so I thought it was testing us interviewees. :laugh: Needless to say I chose an apple juice.

I guess not though because sprite doesn't have caffeine.

Haha... I had tons of Mormon friends in high school, so I know that sprite doesn't have caffeine (same with some types of root beer), but that darn dressing, slick... it was HEAVENLY!! lilgecko can help me out. We interviewed together.

BUMP

Well, I'm still waiting and it's going on 2 months now. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you all something. I received a thin envelope yesterday from Loma Linda and my parents thought it was a rejection. However, when they opened it, it was a pin number to apply for financial aid. A couple of days before I had resubmitted my FAFSA and added LLU so they must have just received it.

Now I know I shouldn't look to deep into this, but is this standard for Loma Linda to send out pin numbers to everyone that applies for financial aid? Could it be that I may be accepted which is why they sent me a pin number? I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but still.

BUMP

Well, I'm still waiting and it's going on 2 months now. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you all something. I received a thin envelope yesterday from Loma Linda and my parents thought it was a rejection. However, when they opened it, it was a pin number to apply for financial aid. A couple of days before I had resubmitted my FAFSA and added LLU so they must have just received it.

Now I know I shouldn't look to deep into this, but is this standard for Loma Linda to send out pin numbers to everyone that applies for financial aid? Could it be that I may be accepted which is why they sent me a pin number? I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but still.

Nope, I got one too :( and still no word

Nope, I got one too :( and still no word
And I thought I was special. :( :laugh:

I got the envelope too, and I think that I lost the conservative bet that I made about hearing something within the next two weeks.

I got the envelope too, and I think that I lost the conservative bet that I made about hearing something within the next two weeks.

See, I was safe in giving myself until the end of June... no expectations here!

My theory: I'm thinking they give away spots to SDAs and then we get what's left - kind of like scraps, except they're really delicious, gourmet scraps! :laugh:

Hey, I got the same letter a few weeks ago from financial aid. I think it is totally separate from the medical school though. Hey Slickness, it might make you feel better to know that I am a Seventh-Day Adeventist and I still haven't heard anything. The waiting process is killing me!

Originally posted by ElyMD2008
Hey, I got the same letter a few weeks ago from financial aid. I think it is totally separate from the medical school though. Hey Slickness, it might make you feel better to know that I am a Seventh-Day Adeventist and I still haven't heard anything. The waiting process is killing me!
Fear not Ely. Since you are a seventh day adventist you have a good chance of getting in. Svalenzuela who was the only one of us who got in recently was a SDA. It's just a matter of time. Let the waiting continue till next month. :)

My theory: I'm thinking they give away spots to SDAs and then we get what's left - kind of like scraps, except they're really delicious, gourmet scraps! :laugh:
Yea I think that is exactly how it works.

I hear 50% of of LLU med students are SDA! I applied to the Pharmacy School and they stated LLU will always give preference to SDA. My sister wants to apply to LLU and if she starts going to SDA church and converts will she have a better chance of acceptance?
How were the questions during your interview? I am hoping for an interview from the pharmacy school. Do they ask religious and ethical quesitons?

You should check out the interview feedback on this site. There really is a spectrum. It's not so much the religion that they are interested in (the specific type), but more so the moral compass and values that being involed in a disciplined religion instill. I am not saying that you can't have religion and be a moral person with values. Someone was even asked: "Why don't you love God?" :wow: Good thing I do, because I wouldn't have any clue what to say. I would have said, "Thanks, have a nice day..." :laugh:

I think if you convert to the SDA faith for a leg-up, it's not really a respectable thing to do... just 1 opinion, though.

Well I have family members who are SDA and Methodist. We even have a family members who were previous leaders in both churches. Its like not converting when you believe in the same GOD and have connections in the denomination. Just looking out for my sister!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when is the first day of school for Loma Linda? I'm thinking around Aug 1, but I'm not sure.

BUMP

I called today to check my status. The lady again said no decision has been made and she didn't know when there would be one. I asked if it would be coming within the month and she said she couldn't say.

We'll see what happens when they meet again this month. There is another interview group interviewing on April 7 so I it looks like they're adding more interviewees and making no decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if they make decisions on all of us this month.

Hey,
I called last week and the lady told me more or less the same thing. Do you know when the admissions committee would meet again? I was hoping probably some time last week or this week?? Hope we get acceptances soon!!! :)

Someone was even asked: "Why don't you love God?" :wow: Good thing I do, because I wouldn't have any clue what to say. I would have said, "Thanks, have a nice day..." :laugh:
:scared: :scared: :scared:

i would end my app right then and there, leave for home with the check refunded. yikes.

Originally posted by kathy10
Hey,
I called last week and the lady told me more or less the same thing. Do you know when the admissions committee would meet again? I was hoping probably some time last week or this week?? Hope we get acceptances soon!!! :)
Hey Kathy,

I feel better that there's someone else still waiting also because I was beginning to think I was the only one.

As far as when the committee meets, I've heard different things. First I heard that they meet on a Friday in the middle of the month, once a month. Then I heard they have different committees that meet at different times.

I am more inclined to believe they would meet once a month on a Friday. I think they would wait after the April 7th interviews so maybe sometime in mid April. Of course this is all speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, I think they have given away most of their positions to SDAs and for the remainder of the positions, they're going to give it to the best non-SDAs . Basically, we're getting the scraps but a position is a position. I wish you luck.

Eraser, yes pretty much it's a very religious school and they have mandatory Chapel service that students have to attend once a week.

"Eraserhead, why don't you love God"

"Sorry man, I'm in love with Mary Jane and she'd get jealous"

OMG, I just found out that my friend, who is non-SDA, got into Loma Linda a month ago! I am sooooo happy for her, but extremely jealous! Come on, guys! I'm a good fit for the school too you know!

OMG, I just found out that my friend, who is non-SDA, got into Loma Linda a month ago! I am sooooo happy for her, but extremely jealous! Come on, guys! I'm a good fit for the school too you know!
Wow she's lucky. That means they didn't like us AID.:(

She also interviewed WAY before us... that could mean something, right? When did svalenz interview again?

She also interviewed WAY before us... that could mean something, right? When did svalenz interview again?
When you say way before, what do you mean. Do you mean in December or in January?

Sval interviewed in mid Febuary.

Way back meaning December... :( I'm definitely sad.

Hey AID and ADAPT,
since she interviewed in December and only recieved an acceptance in march, that means that she had to wait close to 3 months before she heard something... so this is very hopeful for us... I hope...think! :)

Hey Kathy, I guess it is good news that she had to wait so long, but it still makes me nervous. She did get a call, followed by a letter, like LLU is known for. I am so paranoid that I take my phone EVERYWHERE just to make sure I don't miss that special call. I have enough grey hair already... this isn't helping :laugh::(

Hey Kathy, I guess it is good news that she had to wait so long, but it still makes me nervous. She did get a call, followed by a letter, like LLU is known for. I am so paranoid that I take my phone EVERYWHERE just to make sure I don't miss that special call. I have enough grey hair already... this isn't helping :laugh::(
Hey AID, if by some chance we are waitlisted how long would you wait out for them, you know with the whole moving, finding a roommate and apartment thing at the other school.

I think if I'm waitlisted I would hold out until mid June but then withdraw. I don't want to be waiting around and then get screwed over in the apartment situation at the other school.

Originally posted by Adapt
Hey AID, if by some chance we are waitlisted how long would you wait out for them, you know with the whole moving, finding a roommate and apartment thing at the other school.

I think if I'm waitlisted I would hold out until mid June but then withdraw. I don't want to be waiting around and then get screwed over in the apartment situation at the other school.

I would wait until mid-july. BU doesn't start until September, so that gives me a little room for waitlist action. I'm calling tomorrow to check on everything, make sure they got the last update, and to let them know of the second update I sent. There's only so much we can do.

I wonder if I made a mistake in not telling someone that my interviewer was 30 minutes late to our 45 minute interview. Do you think that hurt a lot? If I don't get in, I will totally blame that and wonder what if...

I would wait until mid-july. BU doesn't start until September, so that gives me a little room for waitlist action.
You're in a good position then. Western starts August 4 so I have less time.

As far as telling someone about how your interviewer was late, I'm not sure. That's a tough situation and maybe someone else may have better advice. Personally, I wouldn't because it would look like I was complaining about him and what if he is a big wig on the committee. It's up to you though.

Originally posted by Adapt
As far as telling someone about how your interviewer was late, I'm not sure. That's a tough situation and maybe someone else may have better advice. Personally, I wouldn't because it would look like I was complaining about him and what if he is a big wig on the committee. It's up to you though.

I guess if I get rejected, it will be my own little personal justification. I will be able to say that it wasn't because of any major character flaws or anything like that...:laugh:

Did you ever find out when LLU starts?
Well I searched their site and this calendar said at the beginning of August, but I am not sure because it was a bit hard to read. If anyone else knows could you post it?

Adapt,

Orientation for LLU is August 5-6 and the first day of class in August 9th. If I get accepted August 8th, I will drop Boston like a bad habit...:laugh:

Adapt,

Orientation for LLU is August 5-6 and the first day of class in August 9th. If I get accepted August 8th, I will drop Boston like a bad habit...:laugh:
Cool. Thanks AID.

I wish I could do that too because you can stay on the waitlist until the first day of school. I'll try to hold out till mid to late June but then I'll withdraw. Oh well, that's the way the game works.:)