This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of sites are doing rolling invites so I don’t think its really safe to cross any site off until maybe next saturday unless you get a rejection.

Good point. I’m considering reaching out to sites I haven’t heard from on Wednesday to check on the status of my app. I can’t imagine sites would be interviewing next weekend or the day rankings are due.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from the University of Kansas MC, South Texas VA, or VA Central Texas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good point. I’m considering reaching out to sites I haven’t heard from on Wednesday to check on the status of my app. I can’t imagine sites would be interviewing next weekend or the day rankings are due.[/QUOTE

I can’t imagine that happening either but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from the University of Kansas MC, South Texas VA, or VA Central Texas?

I have a friend who heard from South Texas VA earlier this week

Reactions: 1 users
I received personal email from University of Kansas Medical Center on 3/1 and interviewed on 3/5. I didn't apply to the other two.

I've heard from South Texas VA and interviewed earlier this week. I also heard from U Kansas MC last week.

Email from Georgia Tech, Chicago school of professional psychology, UIC counseling center

Has anyone heard from these sites?
1) VA San Diego;
2) Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC;
3) Ohio State WMC;
4) Massachusetts Mental Health Center;
5) Missouri Health Sciences - UM-DHP.

Has anyone heard anything from UW-Madison, Edmonton Consortium, UM-DHP Peds Neuro, and Vancouver Coastal Health

1) VA San Diego;
3) Ohio State WMC;

Heard from the San Diego VA yesterday for an interview next week.

Email invitation from California Medical Facility this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Email from Medical College of Georgia extending an invitation!

1) VA San Diego;
3) Ohio State WMC;
I saw someone mentioned yesterday they were contacted for an interview with UCSD-VA already. I also was contacted by and had and interview with Missouri Health Sciences earlier this week but for the VA track, so I'm not certain about UM-DHP.

Received a rejection from the Edmonton Consortium just now.

These Skype interviews are really putting my social skills to the test. I don't know where to look, I keep accidentally talking over someone, and I just feel more awkward than normal.

Reactions: 5 users
Interview invite from Nebraska Consortium, the Munroe-Meyer Institute rural integrated care track.

I got an email (mass email I think) from VA central Iowa about an hour long open house that sounds like it is for all phase ll applicants that applied. It also sounds like they’re foregoing individual interviews. The problem is I can’t make the time they have listed for the open house. Do you think this will prevent me from being considered?

These Skype interviews are really putting my social skills to the test. I don't know where to look, I keep accidentally talking over someone, and I just feel more awkward than normal.
I feel you on this so much! They are so awkward. But I’m sure you’re doing better than you think you are and I’m also sure it’s just as awkward for them (or that’s what I tell myself haha). Think of all these Skype interviews as exposure! You will only get better and more confident with each one (also what I have to keep telling myself)

Reactions: 4 users

Couldn't agree more! Also I feel like the questions are totally different. First round I had no questions about flaws or negative experiences. This round that's what all of the questions have been based on. And of course the dreaded question.... why didn't you match in phase 1 blahhhhhh!

Reactions: 3 users
Couldn't agree more! Also I feel like the questions are totally different. First round I had no questions about flaws or negative experiences. This round that's what all of the questions have been based on. And of course the dreaded question.... why didn't you match in phase 1 blahhhhhh!

Thats such a crappy question to ask! I havent gotten that...and hope I dont because the petty side of me will answer then ask them to answer lol

Reactions: 3 users
I was expecting that sites would contact us by the end of this week, but maybe interview invites will continue into next week. I have numerous interviews, so I'm very thankful for that. However, I'm curious about these sites that I haven't heard from:
Iowa City VA
University of Idaho
Texas Tech
SUNY-Albany
Anybody hear from any of them?

Last edited:
I was expecting that sites would contact us by the end of this week, but maybe interview invites will continue into next week. I have numerous interviews, so I'm very thankful for that. However, I'm curious about these sites that I haven't heard from:
Iowa City VA
University of Idaho
Texas Tech
SUNY-Albany
Anybody here from any of them?
I did not apply to those sites but have been reading the forum a lot. I think somehow heard from university of Idaho and possibly Texas tech. Not sure about the rest, sorry!

I did not apply to those sites but have been reading the forum a lot. I think somehow heard from university of Idaho and possibly Texas tech. Not sure about the rest, sorry!
I've been following Texas Tech and have not heard of any replies yet (nor have I received a reply as of yet). I've been on pins and needles waiting for that one. Ugh.

Has anyone heard anything from UW-Madison, Edmonton Consortium, UM-DHP Peds Neuro, and Vancouver Coastal Health

My friend heard from Vancouver Coastal Health last week for the Neuro track--hope you hear soon!

Ughhh what did you say (or the gist)? A friend of mine got this same question. I’m trying to come up with a response in case I get it.

IMG_2203.gif
me during these Skype interviews.

Reactions: 7 users
My Fridays are light, so I had Zoom interviews today with 4 different sites. What a whirlwind experience! In some ways, I like Phase II better. Virtual travel -- no airports and all the travel expenses. How is everyone doing at the end of this week?

Reactions: 6 users
My Fridays are light, so I had Zoom interviews today with 4 different sites. What a whirlwind experience! In some ways, I like Phase II better. Virtual travel -- no airports and all the travel expenses. How is everyone doing at the end of this week?
While i enjoy the no travel, my cat has made an appearance in a couple video interviews i have enjoyed wearing pajama pants on bottom... Still waiting on 5 sites! Dang. Ready for March 25th, spending this weekend getting the errands done that ive been putting off the past couple months...

Iowa City VA
University of Idaho
Texas Tech
SUNY-Albany
Anybody here from any of them?
Mass email from Texas Tech late Friday afternoon with interview times for next week.

I’m definitely liking this phase better. It’s been difficult scheduling interviews next week around prac sites (this week was our spring break so that’s been easier) but I’m looking forward to ranking! I’m feeling pretty optimistic, which is a nice change from earlier in this process.

Reactions: 7 users
I also had 4 yesterday! Exhausting. I got into my bed at 7:30 pm lol. Also, yesterday I received an interview invite from metrohealth and I had ruled them out because some people on here had heard from them last week. Round II is truly unpredictable! Hang in there, everyone. I can see the light!

I mentioned before that I’m a current intern, so feel free to pm me with any questions about the site!

Hi, I can’t figure out how to send a personal message. Do you or anyone else know how to do it?

Hi, I can’t figure out how to send a personal message. Do you or anyone else know how to do it?

If you’re on the mobile app, click on the person’s user name and it’ll take you to this page:
IMG_2436.JPG

After five interviews this week, I went to bed early and fell asleep to some nostalgia (“Won’t You Be My Neighbor”).

The interviews, although at times felt a bit akward mostly due to technology, have seem to be a lot more discussion-based or follow-up from my answers. I also think this time around I feel a lot more relaxed and mindful as I am not stressing about flights and money associated with traveling. Phase II has been a whirlwind experience, but I feel like the sites are so much better fits. Ranking will be hard! We got this y’all!

Does anyone else feel Phase I and Phase II interview experiences have been different?

Reactions: 4 users

I tried to message you but it won’t let me for some reason.

Last edited:
After five interviews this week, I went to bed early and fell asleep to some nostalgia (“Won’t You Be My Neighbor”).

The interviews, although at times felt a bit akward mostly due to technology, have seem to be a lot more discussion-based or follow-up from my answers. I also think this time around I feel a lot more relaxed and mindful as I am not stressing about flights and money associated with traveling. Phase II has been a whirlwind experience, but I feel like the sites are so much better fits. Ranking will be hard! We got this y’all!

Does anyone else feel Phase I and Phase II interview experiences have been different?

Definitely very different. I feel like the sites feel more pressure this time around. From the interviews i've had in phase II, it seems the sites are trying to sell themselves more than in phase II. It's just so hard to get a good feel of the culture/environment without traveling there!

Last edited:
For anyone doing an interview with emory, it was

Definitely very different. I feel like the sites feel more pressure this time around. From the interviews i've had in phase II, it seems the sites are trying to sell themselves more than in phase II. It's just so hard to get a good feel of the culture/environment without traveling there!

Yes I have gotten that sense of "selling" as well. It has been really helpful in talking to current interns to try to get the feel of the culture. Some interns were excited and reflective of their experience whereas some interns sounded stressed or attempted to monitor their true responses. Thus, I think really assess the interns responses to actually get a glimpse of the culture/environment as if we match there that will be us. I don't know about you, but I rather be the interns that are still excited come March time. LOL

Have you all been sending follow up thank you e-mails after you interviews? I’ve heard mixed reviews on this.

Have you all been sending follow up thank you e-mails after you interviews? I’ve heard mixed reviews on this.

I personally haven't been...If there are clear 1-2 top choices or someone goes out of their way to schedule a conversation outside of their regularly offered times, I might. But otherwise I feel like it might be too overwhelming for programs to receive thank you emails from every single applicant.

I’m not in Phase II, but I matched at one of the only sites that had an interview a week apart from the rest. The rest of my interviews were back-to-back and I truly feel like my performance was affected by the stress and fatigue of traveling. For instance, there was a question I missed that was trying to get at how the client’s cultural background may be the cause of a seemingly paranoid presentation. This is a point I bring up all the time in classes and at practicum, so I truly believe the traveling takes an effect. Good luck everyone!

I’m not in Phase II, but I matched at one of the only sites that had an interview a week apart from the rest. The rest of my interviews were back-to-back and I truly feel like my performance was affected by the stress and fatigue of traveling. For instance, there was a question I missed that was trying to get at how the client’s cultural background may be the cause of a seemingly paranoid presentation. This is a point I bring up all the time in classes and at practicum, so I truly believe the traveling takes an effect. Good luck everyone!

I completely agree. I also think in Phase I having to be "on" for 3+ hours also impacted performance. I wish more sites in Phase I gave the option to do Skype or in-person interviews or limited the amount of time spent interviewing. This should be a requirement by APA/APPIC for the next round of students.

I have been. My thinking is that it can't hurt, but it could possibly help. I've kept them very brief, just thanking them for taking the time to speak with me. I've actually had several sites email me first and thank me, so I've just replied to those emails.

Also, for those curious, someone in my cohort got an email today with an invitation to interview with Alexian Brothers. I also applied, but haven't heard anything.

Iowa City VA
University of Idaho
Texas Tech
SUNY-Albany
Anybody hear from any of them?

I heard back from Texas Tech. They declined my app though :( They said they have a high number of applicants this year.

Are all interviews over skype or zoom? Or does it depend on the sites?

Anybody heard back from UIC, Georgia Tech, UNL, Notre Dame, Uni of California-Santa Cruz, State Uni of San Jose? I haven't heard back from any of the sites yet. Any of you think I should email them?