As Seen On TV WW - Game Thread!

Started by alissa14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

***I DEMAND MOAR VOTING!***

but seriously don’t forget it’s volo!
Also since today is the last day I will be posting superlatives and awards after the game is over!​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly the world where mayo is the final wolf orchestrating a mad scramble between me and Kota where he can just sit back and pick between us is a bit too horrifying to contemplate so I'm going to choose to pretend it couldn't exist
 
Where’s everyone at? I expected to come back to lots of discussion... y’all don’t even deserve this cuteness

1D28D8E2-8F75-469D-A501-C8B64308D9D4.jpeg
357639BC-99F3-457D-84F2-8C1F559D8D3B.jpeg
 
Sorry, no fancy formatting this time, hope y'all's eyes don't bleed :sorry: also sorry in advance if I quote any of the same posts mayo did in his readthrough- just trying to be thorough. This is through page 3.

I feel like a suni vote is generally a good place to start, it usually leads to an explosion of content... now to wait for the game to pick up
"hmm" react from genny here, not sure if I want to place too much stock into reactions but it can't hurt to note.

Why Genny if you think a sunny vote would be beneficial?
Questioning a sole vote on genny fairly early in the day.

Honestly this post makes me want to lean you village, just because I feel like a wolf wouldn’t be so analytical or state a number about how many wolves there are.
This is to Wondering, and seems to be the only post on D1 that actually gives a read on her- could be that the NK was related to wanting to "prove" a correct read or could be something else entirely, just speculation.

This makes sense to me. 3 wolves would probably make for too short of a game. I guess a lone wolf (+/- conversion) could also work.

I like the small game set up. It makes the first few votes much more important.
In the interest of being thorough, I'm quoting pertinent mayo posts as well. I've been following the MU championships and one term I've picked up is "derp clear", which is where someone makes some kind of comment that is so entirely wrong that they just can't be a wolf- I think it was being used in the context of "wait, mafia can PM in the day this game?". This could be a derp clear or a "derp clear" but I think it feels pretty organic tbh.

I’m doing good! Thanks for asking. Since genny hasn’t posted, I don’t want to jump on her vote, and nothing has really stood out about anyone yet for me
Not wanting to vote genny in order to start a wagon in earnest; second half of the sentence feels like "I'm waiting for a good justification to come up so I can jump on someone else".

I’m gonna place my vote here for now. Not really digging the light defense for Ms.P so quickly after Ms.P and my post, and it’s the only thing that has stood out upon a quick reread.

vote Mayo
Interesting reasoning given that Kota her(? god Kota what pronouns do you use again)self had just made a light defense of genny by questioning why someone was voting her. Again with the theme of "I need somewhere to put my vote so it doesn't appear suspicious".

I mean if everyone feels that way, not everyone can be wolves. It’s fine to agree with others, it just seems like BC has been rather echoey, kinda gives me suspicions
Suspicions for me, but not enough to vote me? Just enough to throw shade while sticking to mayo.
(also for the record I would like to say I know the timing looks weird for several of my posts, but I was on my phone at that time and it takes a few minutes, if at all, to do the "view new unread posts" thing as opposed to my computer which takes like 15 seconds. This was genuinely me formulating my own thoughts, posting my post, and then seeing someone else had just said the same thing.)

I haven’t read anything.

Vote Kota
Since you’re here
At this point, genny has 2 votes and is tied for the lead at a little over 1.5 hours til close. This is frankly a weird time to be casting solo unreasoned votes when other people are putting votes with reasoning and questioning each other about them. It's clearly not a vote designed to actually vote out someone- no one's gonna jump on the "well you're here" wagon when there are actual wagons forming, and as a kind of "placeholder" read it gives genny the opportunity to swap to someone else closer to day close once she's gotten a feel of the currents of the game.

Happy to explain. You said moose wouldn't go that far into numbers, but Alissa had already posted a link showing how many wolves there are.

I'm not sure moose deserves much credit one way or the other for sharing information that is readily available.
This post was I believe directed to Kota about Wondering and is I think the only other time someone else offered an opinion about Wondering, this time being NAI. I guess this could be shade but it's like... not wrong.

unvote kota
vote MOOSE
There's no reasoning for this swap through page 3- not sure if she finally clarifies it on a further page. But this is what I meant in one of the paragraphs above- her Kota vote served as a springboard for her to jump onto someone who already had a fair amount of shade getting thrown her way.

Why mayo?
Up to page 3, this is I think the only actual game-related participation genny does besides her votes. Just wanted to note the identity of the wolfread she's questioning.
 
Some BC things that stood out.

I’ll probably be moving my vote if Sunbodi’s not back by 9ish, in a game this small I hate to let people slide by based on inactivity but I don’t want to just vote out someone who isn’t around to defend themselves D1

This could be nothing, or it could be a roundabout way of trying to get people off of their D1 Genny vote (ie if it's unfair to vote for Sunni due to inactivity then it's unfair to vote for Genny).

This feels like a bad wagon with how quiet it's gotten, and the votes all spread out.

unvote Sunbodi
vote MsP

This vote looked bad to me at the time as helping to shift numbers off of Moose. I guess less bad now, but it did help consolidate votes onto a villager.


Helloooooooo where is everyone
My general emotion is currently frustration at the very low levels of participation (even in a smaller game) that make it very difficult to determine whether people are just non-AI busy or if they’re lurking. I guess that’s only going to get worse since we lost people from yesterday but I just wish there was more conversation.
Which is why I appreciate Moose asking people for reads (yay for discussion!!) but I just wish everyone else would take initiative too!!

These posts are the main thing in your village column for me. From what I understand more activity is generally considered good for the village.



I will eat a rock if Kota is a wolf 🤣

Because you are the wolf? Otherwise, hope you are hungry lol

Okay, I don't think any of the formatting broke, whew. I'm gonna go take a nap after all of that lol, catch y'all soon for more discussion!!

Oops. I think I quoted the wrong thing here. I, um, hope your nap was restful.

Honestly, I'm worried you'll bus genny, you'll kill me tonight, and then tomorrow you'll use your cred to pit Kota and mayo against each other. Probably wouldn't be too hard- Kota's been suspicious of mayo for what feels like the whole game and mayo was just saying it's probably time to poke at Kota a bit, and I believe you could make it happen. "Would I be the first person to bus my partner in what could've been a sweep?" and all that. If I can at least get everyone else to go for you instead of genny today, I'll still probably die tonight, but I have more faith in village staying the course and getting genny tomorrow.

This stood out to me. Either you came out and outed your strategy for exactly what you did today (pit Kota and mayo against each other) or Kota is playing mind games
 
Page 4!

was it the one where they voted for you? 😉
genny further questioning I think 3m's wolfread of mayo.

You’ve been kinda evasive this game so far, which is a little suspect to me... it doesn’t seem like your usual village self
Shading 3m, again without backing it up with a vote.

No, I'm voting for you because you said you were voting for me because I'm a good player. It's a phrasing thing. If you had said "good wolf", I'd be less suspicious.
Here's genny's justification for the Moose vote, idk why I quoted this but oh well enjoy

I don’t really support voting someone because they are a good wolf when they haven’t done much to be wolfy, and it’s D1. I didn’t mind when you initially voted for Genny because it was so early on, but I don’t like how hung up you are on the one argument...
More defending genny. Bolded phrase is weird- it's okay to vote genny early on in the day, but not when it actually matters?

I do agree that her genny vote reasoning is weird, and she hasn’t given any more defense as to why to keep her vote there
Yet your sticking to this assessment. Do you have any new reasoning for your genny vote? Or do you plan on changing your vote?
This is more of the genny defense stuff. Shade on Moose for having weird reasoning but still not moving her vote.

So Sunni, 3M, and kota sound like their normal village selves thus far. I'm willing to vote for everyone else based on today's posts.
So now Kota is her village read? From zero reasoning vote to zero reasoning village read.

I'm not feeling the Genny vote tonight, but I'm also cautious with giving busy people a pass. I agree that its not a very good reason to vote someone out on day one. In a game this small though, someone could easily ride their busy schedule to a wolf win.

Last game I played Genny was very busy and also a wolf.
Okay, did we ALL defend genny D1???? mayo please what is this wishy-washiness ("yeah well she could be a busy wolf- and has been before- but ehh let's not do that tonight"). Now I'm stressed.

That's a fair point. Why keep the vote parked on Genny, MsP?

You said that it was just to apply some pressure and get conversation going. Is there a better reason to keep the vote there now?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Although if 3m is a wolf, they probably would be fairly obvious since it would be their 2nd time wolfing, and 1st time for potentially more then a day
I don't remember the exact context but I think this is a continued shading of 3m as opposed to a defense- "she's not acting like her village self, and I would expect her to not act like her village self as a noob wolf".
 
Page 5. Gonna take a break soon for dinner, will be back to analyze more or discuss depending on what y'all are up to.

Pretty sure that puts us at a 3 way tie.

I'd rather MSP than Moose

Unvote 3M
Vote MSP
Well now we know these were all village wagons lmao

kinda wondering about wondering...less quiet than what I’ve come to expect early
on
Oh I lied! Here's a wolfread about Wondering. Kota references this later on when discussing the NK.

Final Day 1 Conversation Got Heavy Vote Tally
Suni () -
genny (1) - MsP
3m () -
mayo (2) - Kota, Wonder
Kota () -
MOOSE (2) - Suni, genny
MsP (3) - MOOSE, BC, mayo

8/9
Missing: 3m
For all of Kota's "Moose has bad reasoning", she still didn't vote here even to tie it up? In hindsight I'm surprised I didn't notice this.

I find it interesting that BC and Mayo both voted for Ms P fairly close together. I definitely think one of them is a wolf, and I’m leaning more towards Mayo then BC since BC hasn’t done too much that makes me feel suspicious so far.
Now I'm like the fifth person to get lightly shaded by Kota D1 lol. Why are me and mayo wolfy for voting close together- is it a pure timing thing, why would this be suspicious for wolvery when either of us could've tipped the wagon onto Moose instead? Is this a Moose/(me or mayo) team she's come up with?

Hello! Gosh I thought I’d get to my lunch break and miss 5 pages. Thanks, I appreciate not having to read a ton.

So, I’m still a little suspect of Mayo. I am going to go back and reread some of yesterday, but right now my top suspect is mayo
Still mayo after all of the Moose shade... honestly I would've been more sus of Moose as the counterwagon to a villager as opposed to one of the people tipping the counterwagon.

Rereading this, I find the logic kind of odd. Even if the best players do turn out as wolves, I feel like it’s better to hunt wolves then just eliminate a player because they could potentially be a scary wolf, especially with lack of suspicions evidence. Genny is in my neutral pile right now, but nothing they’ve posted has made me want to put them in village or wolf piles. What are your thoughts on genny today?
Ahhh, the neutral read, a wolf's best friend for evaluating their teammate while still retaining the ability to cut their losses. Interested about the "well I have genny as neutral but @ Moose again why did you want to vote there".

Don’t like this post too much, mainly because Alissa posted the link describing the game set up, which had no lone wolves. However Mayo did post that they didn’t see the link to start, but it still feels a little suspect
mayo shade

Knowing that wondering flipped village, this post caught my eye. Sketch points for this

Village reads include-
Sunni - they’re play style and level of hostility towards people voting for them seems right in line with village Sunni
BC - BC seems inclined to answer questions and ask questions to promote wolf hunting, nothing BC has done has made me suspicious

Neutral - genny, Moose

Slight wolf lean - 3m, Mayo
Again on the neutral read for genny. Neutral for Moose is interesting though- would've guessed wolf lean with the line of questioning. Also this might be NAI but "slight wolf lean" as compared to "village read" is pretty noncommital.

Genny - Very neutral on Genny. Hopefully she will have a chance to post more this evening.
Good lord another neutral read on genny, plus the "hope she talks more today so I can have a better idea!!". Rereading this thread just makes me more unhappy lmao
 
Page 6

It's 5:30, time to put a vote up

Vote Mayo

Gave reads a bit preemptively and then nothing else. No questioning or wolf hunting despite the fact thinking they're on the chopping block.
Idk why specifically I quoted this but here y'all go I guess

Rip I wanted this answer lol
I'm referencing me asking Wondering for more info about her mayo vote and then Wondering getting NKed before she could fully answer. I still wish I could have this answer but oh well

Honestly thinking of going with either Mayo or 3m today. I do like Mayo’s read list and most of their lines of thought, although I don’t really agree with the BC read since nothing they’ve posted has stood out to me. I also feel like 3m hasn’t been posting in the same tone as usual, idk might be just a feeling.

vote 3m
I’m going to place my vote here just in case I am busy during vote close
Wait, wasn't the issue that she didn't like mayo's lines of thought? Now I'm confused.

Why is Kota in your village reads? Your reads were pretty much the same as mine yesterday.
Now genny is anti-village!Kota? After Kota was one of her 3 village reads the night before? Maybe I'm misinterpreting this post but I gotta say it feels like distancing.

I need to drive home.

vote mayo
Why? Do we ever find out? I don't remember.

Wouldn't NK Wondering then be the dumbest move for me to make if I were a wolf?

It would be a smart NK for a wolf who wanted to make me an easier target today.
I think Moose already remarked on this but yeah WIFOM

I'd like to vote here today (one of these three)
Talking voting genny, Kota, or 3m, chooses 3m. I think that choice is in line with his reads list (posts are blurring together) so that makes sense but I thought I was lower on his reads list than some of the other folks in this new POE? Why am I not in the POE then?

Day 2 It's Too Late Vote Tally
3m (3)
- BC, Kota, mayo
genny (1) - Suni
mayo (2) - MOOSE, genny

6/7
Missing: 3m
vote close in ~30 minutes
I quoted this because look how cute we all are on the same wagon 😍

I need to take a breather, in the meantime please hit me up with comments, questions, and concerns!
 
My current conclusion so far is mayo's no angel either ("very distressing" seems accurate for me as well) but I think genny's vote on him D2 looks pretty good so far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to take a breather, in the meantime please hit me up with comments, questions, and concerns!

Can you explain your vote last night. You stayed on the Moose vote until seconds before it was too late. Why?

@Kota1000 same question, but you didn't change. Why?

I believe you both said you had Genny as a wolf read. Why not take the safe vote?
 
Can you explain your vote last night. You stayed on the Moose vote until seconds before it was too late. Why?

@Kota1000 same question, but you didn't change. Why?

I believe you both said you had Genny as a wolf read. Why not take the safe vote?
I really really really thought it was Moose/genny. No one was agreeing with me about Moose, people were reading me scummier and scummier as the day went on, and I just knew I'd be kept alive today so people could use that against me. I really thought Moose was bussing genny, and it's so late in the game that that would pretty much clear her. Then I saw genny voted Moose at the last minute instead of me, and I totally froze because why would she vote Moose if they're w/w when I could've been a tied counterwagon instead. I mean I guess she could've thought I was poised to switch my vote with a prewritten post (which I was) if she voted me whereas Moose was already voting for her, idk.
 
Not to get totally WIFOMy here, but like... y'all realize I didn't *have* to switch my vote there, right? I was frantically refreshing in another tab to see if Kota was going to fully change her vote (and I'm still wondering why she didn't tbh), I could've easily waited til I'd seen the "vote closed" post, quickly posted my post, and had a 50% chance of winning via RNG if I were a wolf plus the plausible deniability today if it didn't work. genny's vote on Moose gave me just enough doubt about my Moose read that I switched over when I unfroze. But I just as easily could've not done that if I chose.
 
Can you explain your vote last night. You stayed on the Moose vote until seconds before it was too late. Why?

@Kota1000 same question, but you didn't change. Why?

I believe you both said you had Genny as a wolf read. Why not take the safe vote?

Okay, I didn’t quote every question/quote directed at me. But here’s what I can remember -

Firstly, pronouns are she/her

Second, I had genny in my neutral reads for D1/early D2 because they barely posted at all. I didn’t mean to sound like I was defending her, but I did want to know people thoughts on why they were voting genny as opposed to other players that had more content to analyze. I tried to switch my vote last night to genny, but forgot to unvote cause I was tired.

I really feel like BC is grasping to make an argument against me to get me mis-voted, a lot of her analysis seems like I reach. Also, your Mayo quotes were very low compared to my quotes, which is also why I feel like your trying to get me misvoted.

Mayo, I think Genny’s suspicion of you early in the game pretty much clears you, unless you and her had a whole plan worked out N1.

I’m sorry I was absent like all day, I had to work and didn’t have time to look at my phone. I will try to do isoing after dinner
 
I really feel like BC is grasping to make an argument against me to get me mis-voted, a lot of her analysis seems like I reach. Also, your Mayo quotes were very low compared to my quotes, which is also why I feel like your trying to get me misvoted.
Sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel cherry-picked, you have more posts than mayo in general and I honestly think he's cleared anyway- I was adding some quotes from him for thoroughness, not intended to be a balanced sampling. As for the analysis, that's just the interpretation I'm getting- I think shading any person who walks by while not really putting any weight behind it is a more typically wolf strategy to sow discord amongst the villagers and keep your options open for votes to jump onto. Doesn't mean it can't be village, but especially in such a small game, wolves hate to limit themselves to just a few options.
 
Sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel cherry-picked, you have more posts than mayo in general and I honestly think he's cleared anyway- I was adding some quotes from him for thoroughness, not intended to be a balanced sampling. As for the analysis, that's just the interpretation I'm getting- I think shading any person who walks by while not really putting any weight behind it is a more typically wolf strategy to sow discord amongst the villagers and keep your options open for votes to jump onto. Doesn't mean it can't be village, but especially in such a small game, wolves hate to limit themselves to just a few options.

I didn’t intentionally shade anyone, I was just expressing my thoughts about people. If my posting style comes off as that it’s not intentional.

Also, in my experience and reading of previous games villagers usually tend to flip flop between votes or reads and wolves tend to stick with one or a few people, but okay.
 
Got interrupted for dinner before I could finish my thoughts- in the practice game, the way I got such a strong village read on (ironically) genny was that I'd done some super suspicious stuff, and she noted that, but then said she still didn't want to vote me for some reason. I think someone asked me why I village read her so strongly in that game and I told them that in my experience, wolves aren't looking to narrow the pool- they'll be able to see both sides of something but they'll usually lean it wolfy to keep their options open. Villagers are much more likely to say "I'm not going to vote so-and-so even though they did something shady"- villagers want to narrow the pool of scum suspects. Town wins by finding each other and eliminating the rest- it's a numbers game, and if everyone is a suspect, it's much much harder to actually find wolves. That's why I think nuanced thoughts that don't culminate in a scumread are more likely to be village- of course, there could be the possibility of a powerwolf keeping their teammates safe, but villagers don't want to be suspicious of everyone- they want to save that for the people who warrant it.
 
It is so much easier to say that everyone is a suspect as a wolf, because then as you flip-flop as opportunities arise, people aren't going to be able to say "hey why did you vote alissa when AM was on the roster too and you were village reading alissa but not AM?". It gives you more leeway to vote while avoiding the contradictions that can catch you later in the game.
 
Day 2 It's Too Late Vote Tally
3m (3)
- BC, Kota, mayo
genny (1) - Suni
mayo (2) - MOOSE, genny

6/7
Missing: 3m
vote close in ~30 minutes
My eyes are too strained to finish the rest of this post-by-post analysis, but I think mayo is rock-solid cleared here.
 
On that note, thanks for educating me on more WW technique. I suck at doing anything other then my normal posting type.

So what are you guys thinking if you had to put a vote in now and why?

Mine would be on BC because I feel like they haven’t had as strong of line of questioning this game as past games when they were village, the last minute switch to genny, tunneling moose and assuming they were village without really looking at other players. Mayo I am reading as village based on their interactions with genny and their VCA.
 
On that note, thanks for educating me on more WW technique. I suck at doing anything other then my normal posting type.

So what are you guys thinking if you had to put a vote in now and why?

Mine would be on BC because I feel like they haven’t had as strong of line of questioning this game as past games when they were village, the last minute switch to genny, tunneling moose and assuming they were village without really looking at other players. Mayo I am reading as village based on their interactions with genny and their VCA.
I think mayo is going to be the deciding vote here today lol- I don't think you and me are going to budge.
 
So @holdthemayo the choice is yours! Still plenty of time to decide before close, and I'll be checking in frequently to see if y'all bring up any new discussions or questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So @holdthemayo the choice is yours! Still plenty of time to decide before close, and I'll be checking in frequently to see if y'all bring up any new discussions or questions.
Girl there is an hour and a half!!! What do you mean time 😆
 
I am going to take a nap cause I’m exhausted! I am going to place my vote, just in case I sleep longer then intended

vote BC
 
I might just be getting dazzled by the level of activity from BC, but I'm probably leaning voting for Kota tonight.

The vote last night is playing heavy, but the early interactions with Genny quoted by both of us also make me question things.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is probably a weak argument, but I don’t have the time or desire to go through everything and try to build a case, so I’m just going to use the truth.

Honestly, I am telling you guys: I am not the last wolf! Whoever is the last remaining villager (Mayo?) please listen to me. I am not the wolf, I am simply a vanillager. Don’t you want to start the weekend off right and win the game? Please vote for BC...