ATSU/SOMA (Arizona) Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Being a bearded one, [by religion and not as a "hippie" (as you seem fond of degrading them)], i would like to respond to you by saying, who the **** are you to judge?

I am assuming that you are a climber (based on your login name) when I say this: I think climbers are supposed to be way more chill than that (I am a climber), and secondly, if you are considering being a physician, you might want to consider the fact that one of those "dirty hippies" might be one of your patients at 3am sometime with a medical emergency. I certainly hope for everyones sake that that isn't the time when you have an internal moral dialogue as to whether you want to practice medicine or have a popularity contest. And by the way, all your previous postings have been supportive and gracious; where didi this come from?

Wow, I did not expect such a harsh response for an intended light-hearted posting.:confused: Here is my official recant: I in no way feel that people who shop at Whole Foods are dirt hippies. Actually, I don't know any hippies that actually buy anything at Whole Foods. I guess I should have posted a cute little smiley face next to that statement.:) I am also completely confused on how you may have gotten any sort religious theme from the posting. This, or course, was in no way, sharp or form an attack on anyone, just fun.

As for climbing, yes I climb, and yes I am more chill than what must have come across in the posting. I am definitely chill enough not to drop the F-bomb on someone, but again I take responsibility for that for not properly annotating the posting or making it more like the light-hearted ribbing it was meant to be. Unless of course your response is also meant as a light hearted ribbing. If that's the case, then kudos to you, good sir.

As for where the "posting came from," I guess it was in response to all previous, lighthearted postings in references to “ATSU-SOMA is an elaborate hoax that the president of ATSU-KCOM came up with, while drunk, to swindle people out of their $50 application fees. Either that, or it is a front for laundering colombian drug money” or “On behalf of the entire tree-hugging locally-organic-pretentious too-polite-to-function-at-a-fourway-stop hybrid-SUV-owning-yet-drive-like-******s Pacific Northwest.” To me those sound much more ominous than a transient, obvious over-exaggerated reference to the personal hygiene of a certain demographic. In reality, it was really pretty funny. I guess if I were the dean of SOMA, maybe I would be offended by the previous postings, or just see it as what it was meant for and not look so deeply into it.

In any case, I appeal to everyone who shops at Whole Foods, has a beard, participates in triathlons, or reads SDN that I am not the Hitler that may been perceived in my posting. To everyone else, I hope you get a laugh out of it as I did.
Climber512

Members don't see this ad.

Doc,

I dont think he meant it to be rude...More trying to be humorous. Sometimes jokes on here dont come out the way they sound in our minds. THANK THE HEAVENS. Anywho, just give a little slack when people are trying to be funny.

How did you like your first Sprint? I have done a couple of those and a couple of Olympics and one half. I love them. Actually, I think I like the training more. The races just give me a point to stop and start a new program. hehehe

Anywho,

Cheers all

Thanks.

Wow, I did not expect such a harsh response for an intended light-hearted posting.:confused: Here is my official recant: I in no way feel that people who shop at Whole Foods are dirt hippies. Actually, I don't know any hippies that actually buy anything at Whole Foods. I guess I should have posted a cute little smiley face next to that statement.:) I am also completely confused on how you may have gotten any sort religious theme from the posting. This, or course, was in no way, sharp or form an attack on anyone, just fun.

As for climbing, yes I climb, and yes I am more chill than what must have come across in the posting. I am definitely chill enough not to drop the F-bomb on someone, but again I take responsibility for that for not properly annotating the posting or making it more like the light-hearted ribbing it was meant to be. Unless of course your response is also meant as a light hearted ribbing. If that's the case, then kudos to you, good sir.

As for where the "posting came from," I guess it was in response to all previous, lighthearted postings in references to “ATSU-SOMA is an elaborate hoax that the president of ATSU-KCOM came up with, while drunk, to swindle people out of their $50 application fees. Either that, or it is a front for laundering colombian drug money” or “On behalf of the entire tree-hugging locally-organic-pretentious too-polite-to-function-at-a-fourway-stop hybrid-SUV-owning-yet-drive-like-******s Pacific Northwest.” To me those sound much more ominous than a transient, obvious over-exaggerated reference to the personal hygiene of a certain demographic. In reality, it was really pretty funny. I guess if I were the dean of SOMA, maybe I would be offended by the previous postings, or just see it as what it was meant for and not look so deeply into it.

In any case, I appeal to everyone who shops at Whole Foods, has a beard, participates in triathlons, or reads SDN that I am not the Hitler that may been perceived in my posting. To everyone else, I hope you get a laugh out of it as I did.
Climber512
okay, my bad. i think that caught me a little off guard. i apologize. i get a little fiesty when i think someone is getting picked on. i should have read the postings prior to fully get the ribbing that was going on. i would like to say haha, just kidding, but really, that was just my bad.
again sorry....
dpsk

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc,

I dont think he meant it to be rude...More trying to be humorous. Sometimes jokes on here dont come out the way they sound in our minds. THANK THE HEAVENS. Anywho, just give a little slack when people are trying to be funny.

How did you like your first Sprint? I have done a couple of those and a couple of Olympics and one half. I love them. Actually, I think I like the training more. The races just give me a point to stop and start a new program. hehehe

Anywho,

Cheers all
i do feel like an *** now...hopefully, we can all then laugh at that...

and by the way, i shop at whole foods, and i am not a "dirt hippie". Some people just like good food.

Not all hippies are dirty, I shower at least once a week ;) JK
Im just a poser hippie I guess cuz I enjoy being clean, and I dont shop at whole foods either, I just cant afford food so I mooch off my mom.

By the way, anyone else interviewing this Friday? And anyone whose been accepted been assigned to the Porterville CHC? Im from that area so Im hoping that if I get in I will be assigned to that CHC. I know its not a real popular one so Im sure there are prob openings still.

Anyone been on the ATSU's portal site? Is it me, or is it painfully slow?

and by the way, i shop at whole foods, and i am not a "dirt hippie". Some people just like good food.

Not all hippies are dirty, I shower at least once a week ;) JK
Im just a poser hippie I guess cuz I enjoy being clean, and I dont shop at whole foods either, I just cant afford food so I mooch off my mom.

By the way, anyone else interviewing this Friday? And anyone whose been accepted been assigned to the Porterville CHC? Im from that area so Im hoping that if I get in I will be assigned to that CHC. I know its not a real popular one so Im sure there are prob openings still.

Yeah Porterville is still available. Im sure if you get accepted, they will assign you to the Porterville CHC since its your home turf and you want to go back to Porterville. They want to send people to their communities.

Oh and my 2 cents: Whole Foods is aka Whole Paychecks for a reason. Real hippies shop at the co-ops and farmers market.

SOMA does not have an undergrad fellowship for OMM. KCOM is probably more aligned to OMT . SOMA's mission is to create physicians who wish to work with underserved populations at Community Health centers , and so the interviewing process is trying to really find students who fit this model best. If you are looking for a DO school that does not "mirror" allopathy, you are going to be very disappointed. Truly the "osteopathy" of Osteopathic medicine is really confined to OMT class, everything else is indistinguishable from Allopathic medicine. While I love and appreciate being different from an MD in terms of practice there is really no difference. But if you want to focus on OMT, there are many opportunities for further studying down the road, and I have heard lots of potential referrals from other DOs + MDs. But just understand medical school is medical school except for 4 hrs on Thursdays (at SOMA) when we practice OMT.
in addition to the four hours on thursdays when OMM is practiced, are there additional opportunities to learn? is there an actual OMM dept there??

Hello All, I am applying to SOMA, everything has been processed, I turned my application yesterday. I know its late, but I was wondering if its too late, my stats are a 21 MCAT and 3.6 GPA and lots communtiy service, physican shadowing, and all of that fun stuff. I was just wondering if I have a shot?

in addition to the four hours on thursdays when OMM is practiced, are there additional opportunities to learn? is there an actual OMM dept there??

Yeah we practice regularly on Fridays with the UAAO--Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy. Yes Osteopathy, I have always felt the word arcane but it is still used in this club that focuses is on manipulation and OMT. Yes there is an OMM Dept. known here as OPP Dept--Osteopathic Practice and Principles--its lead by Dr. Kirsch.

When it gets closer to midterms or finals we practice multiple times during the week. The OPP Dept is also a great bunch of people who are very willing to help us grasp the techniques outside of the Thursday classes. The OMT Guru at SOMA is Dr. Deborah Heath, shes a CCOM grad, and is on campus all the time. She is the faculty member for UAAO and has been published frequently. Shes a great resource to have if your interested in doing OMT resarch or getting more hands on with OMT at SOMA. Just remember after the first year, OMT at the CHCs is probably going to vary significantly depending on your location. We have been told we will have a designated faculty member at each site, and someone who will practice OMT with us, but we really have to wait and see how it pans out. If you really want to learn OMT there are plenty of opportunities after graduation to do a OMT fellowship.

Personally Ive come to appreciate OMT, and will probably use some in the future--but since I am already an Acupuncturist, I still prefer stabbing people with needles over doing a little counterstrain, or muscle energy.;) ITs just more fun!!

Hello All, I am applying to SOMA, everything has been processed, I turned my application yesterday. I know its late, but I was wondering if its too late, my stats are a 21 MCAT and 3.6 GPA and lots communtiy service, physican shadowing, and all of that fun stuff. I was just wondering if I have a shot?

You always have a shot if you are a balanced candidate, and sincerely interested in working with underserved populations. It is late in the cycle. I have heard from admissions that 5 of the CHCs are now filled. They are now also starting to do interviews twice a week, and for now they are running through April--admissions is trying to get some of us students to help with interview lunches on our Spring break weekend in the middle of April, so at least there are interviews through then. But it does feel like they are trying to fill the class sooner than later. So did you just send in your secondary app??It is late, but theres always a chance. Good luck!

You always have a shot if you are a balanced candidate, and sincerely interested in working with underserved populations. It is late in the cycle. I have heard from admissions that 5 of the CHCs are now filled. They are now also starting to do interviews twice a week, and for now they are running through April--admissions is trying to get some of us students to help with interview lunches on our Spring break weekend in the middle of April, so at least there are interviews through then. But it does feel like they are trying to fill the class sooner than later. So did you just send in your secondary app??It is late, but theres always a chance. Good luck!

Yeah I just sent in my Secondary App. The addmissions office has everything, now I get to play the waiting game. I feel balanced for what its worth. I am happy to hear that they are running interviews through April. Forgive my ignorance but what does CHCs stand for. Thank you for the good wish and good luck with the rest of the semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah we practice regularly on Fridays with the UAAO--Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy. Yes Osteopathy, I have always felt the word arcane but it is still used in this club that focuses is on manipulation and OMT. Yes there is an OMM Dept. known here as OPP Dept--Osteopathic Practice and Principles--its lead by Dr. Kirsch.

When it gets closer to midterms or finals we practice multiple times during the week. The OPP Dept is also a great bunch of people who are very willing to help us grasp the techniques outside of the Thursday classes. The OMT Guru at SOMA is Dr. Deborah Heath, shes a CCOM grad, and is on campus all the time. She is the faculty member for UAAO and has been published frequently. Shes a great resource to have if your interested in doing OMT resarch or getting more hands on with OMT at SOMA. Just remember after the first year, OMT at the CHCs is probably going to vary significantly depending on your location. We have been told we will have a designated faculty member at each site, and someone who will practice OMT with us, but we really have to wait and see how it pans out. If you really want to learn OMT there are plenty of opportunities after graduation to do a OMT fellowship.

Personally Ive come to appreciate OMT, and will probably use some in the future--but since I am already an Acupuncturist, I still prefer stabbing people with needles over doing a little counterstrain, or muscle energy.;) ITs just more fun!!
i think needling would be a great skill to acquire post grad...i know some great DOMs. that will have to wait.

hey there, i also have a 21P, and the admissions office finally received my MCAT scores from Jan. (they have had the rest of my application since last aug.) maybe we'll see each other at an interview in april...it is a little disconcerting that we might not know about admission until a couple of months before class starts. that is not a lot of time to organize a move...alas...good luck, we'll hear shortly.

any idea which ones are still available? come on oahu.. unlikely, i would imagine...

[--but since I am already an Acupuncturist, I still prefer stabbing people with needles over doing a little counterstrain, or muscle energy.;) ITs just more fun!![/quote]
as a paramedic, i would have to say stabbing people with my needles is fun too. i have a little chuckle when i get to stick a 14gauge cath into a drunk driver's hand. if they are real jerks, i get additional chuckles when i miss, and have to poke them again....is that wrong????
as an aside, i was in the ER today between calls. it was fun to poke fun at the 4th year med student that had trouble putting together a laryngoscope. i hope we get a lot more patient contact before 4th year than this poor guy.

PS. kudiya14. don't feel bad about the late start. I also applied to AZCOM (i saw your message there too), but because my MCAT score from Jan didn't get to them before the Mar3rd deadline for supp appl., they threw out my application without even looking at it (even though they had the rest of the application since aug.'07)..
alas, more impetus to project for my first choice ATSU. again, good luck. i think a four-year performance to get a 3.6GPA is a more significant indication of motivation and an ability to succeed than a 5hour performance on a test. you'll be fine. anyway, back to the 'waaa'mbulance.

Hey Doc. Khalsa,

Yeah that would be sweet if we both interviewed in April, I just want to know what will happen. I called the admissions office and they said they have everything so we shall wait and see. Good Luck to all.

Yeah I just sent in my Secondary App. The addmissions office has everything, now I get to play the waiting game. I feel balanced for what its worth. I am happy to hear that they are running interviews through April. Forgive my ignorance but what does CHCs stand for. Thank you for the good wish and good luck with the rest of the semester.

CHC = Community Health Center.

The CHC is really the heart of our new school. I would recommend doing a little research about CHCs so you are more familiar with them. Google National Association of Community Health Centers or check out all the links I have included on the thread.

any idea which ones are still available? come on oahu.. unlikely, i would imagine...

Sorry, Hawaii is full. As well as Seattle, Portland, Brooklyn and......one more which I dont remember...

But if you get an interview still rank the CHCs based on your preference. i have heard a few of my classmates who got into a CHC even after it was considered 'closed'. Remember people change schools, etc. so rank based on your preference and be prepared in case you dont get your top choices.

The CHC is really the heart of our new school. I would recommend doing a little research about CHCs so you are more familiar with them. Google National Association of Community Health Centers or check out all the links I have included on the thread.

Thats what I thought, okay makes sense, my friend who is a 1st year said he is going to Portland and is really excited to go. Thank you for the insight I will definitly do the necessary research.

One more question, if anyone can answer, how long did it take to hear back from SOMA after secondary had been processed

All the best

Sorry, Hawaii is full. As well as Seattle, Portland, Brooklyn and......one more which I dont remember...

But if you get an interview still rank the CHCs based on your preference. i have heard a few of my classmates who got into a CHC even after it was considered 'closed'. Remember people change schools, etc. so rank based on your preference and be prepared in case you dont get your top choices.

Do you know about South Carolina

Also, I keep trying to call the admissions office to check and see if they received my mcat and I can't get a hold of anyone. Any advice?

can you repost some of those links please???

Do you know about South Carolina

Also, I keep trying to call the admissions office to check and see if they received my mcat and I can't get a hold of anyone. Any advice?

Were you calling on a Friday? I know they hold interviews on Tuesdays and Fridays so that they were probably busy on those days. They're pretty good with answering the phones the rest of the time unlike Nova. I think I've called them about 20 times and have yet to hear anyone except the front desk girl.

i had my inter last tues, there were 3 of us only, i especially enjoyed the session when we had to work as a group for honor code ideas. Almost everyone was very nice except for the doc in charge of the CHC's he did not interview me but gave an hour long speech, he seemed very wired and on some type of meds, also he was very sarcastic, dont know if everyone else here had the same experience

i had my inter last tues, there were 3 of us only, i especially enjoyed the session when we had to work as a group for honor code ideas. Almost everyone was very nice except for the doc in charge of the CHC's he did not interview me but gave an hour long speech, he seemed very wired and on some type of meds, also he was very sarcastic, dont know if everyone else here had the same experience

I just interviewed yeasterday and I had a fantastic experiance!! I thought the presentations were really good and very thourough, I learned so much, including that this school is exactly what Im looking for! Sorry you didnt have a great experiance, maybe whoever was giving your presentation was just having a bad day. Im surprised there were only 3 of you, there were like 15 people at my interview. And I agree with you on the group exercise, it was lots of fun and a good way to see if you work well with others. I hope I get in! I have an acceptance elsewhere to fall back on that used to be my first choice but now Im in love with SOMA! :love:

almost everyone was nice, esp the dean, he was actually there in person, unlike nycom's dean who was there via pre-prog video, they usually have 15-25, but our day was rare to have so few, i guess i did have a great time except for that one presentation, i did not like that dude, its as if he blamed us for sad state of medicine in AZ and the US, that was my impression of him and he was very strange and hyper-active

any chance you would know how to contact Dr. Heath??? I think she would have a good idea of which CHCs would be best for someone interested in OMM (OPP):boom:

What is the expected response time after completed application is received?

Also is it possible to be considered for the Fresno or Portland sites any longer?:confused::confused::confused:

can you repost some of those links please???

Sorry got a big Cardio test on monday, shouldnt even be on right now but needed a break. Just scroll up the thread, it will take all of 30 secs to find it. I included links to all the CHCs except Portland because the CHC had changed. I forgot to put the new Portland link but will put it when I get the chance.

any chance you would know how to contact Dr. Heath??? I think she would have a good idea of which CHCs would be best for someone interested in OMM (OPP):boom:

Actually, she probably wouldnt know. Remember while we will have someone working with us with OMM at the CHCs, lots of the study is probably going to be via webcast. And how everything pans out is still to be seen. Ill ask Dr Kirsch this week if he knows anything about the facilitators t the CHCs since he is in charge of OPP.

The focus of SOMA is really NOT OMM, but working with underserved communities at the CHCs. That truly is where the focus is. Thats why I said KCOM is a better fit for someone who is really interested in pursuing OMM.

What is the expected response time after completed application is received?

Also is it possible to be considered for the Fresno or Portland sites any longer?:confused::confused::confused:

I know the CA site is still open, but they told us the Portland site was full already as well as NY, and I know there were some more, but I cant remember.

I dont remember how long they took to invite me for an interview after my app was complete, but I can tell you they took the longest out of all the other 6 six schools I was invited to interview at.

Actually, she probably wouldnt know. Remember while we will have someone working with us with OMM at the CHCs, lots of the study is probably going to be via webcast. And how everything pans out is still to be seen. Ill ask Dr Kirsch this week if he knows anything about the facilitators t the CHCs since he is in charge of OPP.

The focus of SOMA is really NOT OMM, but working with underserved communities at the CHCs. That truly is where the focus is. Thats why I said KCOM is a better fit for someone who is really interested in pursuing OMM.
yeah but i'm not going to live in MO.

yeah but i'm not going to live in MO.

Hey, Missouri isn't so bad. Admittedly Kirksville is a little frustrating with only one main two lane road to get there but almost all of the students are only there for two years before moving to different sites, including Arizona, for the last two years of rotations. The students from places like California said it wasn't so bad just for those two years. If you are interested in OMM and are willing to make a shortterm sacrifice then their program is great. For myself, I am more interested in serving in a CHC.

And FYI: most of the CHC links are on page 3.

Hey, Missouri isn't so bad. Admittedly Kirksville is a little frustrating with only one main two lane road to get there but almost all of the students are only there for two years before moving to different sites, including Arizona, for the last two years of rotations. The students from places like California said it wasn't so bad just for those two years. If you are interested in OMM and are willing to make a shortterm sacrifice then their program is great. For myself, I am more interested in serving in a CHC.

And FYI: most of the CHC links are on page 3.
thanks...

With the acceptance packet there is a long list of apartments/condos/etc. Does anyone have any info concerning where most people are living? I am married with no children and looking to find a location where there are similar married couples with/without kids. Also, are there any groups for spouses/significant others?

Heyo -

I'm also a first year (heyo EastWest). In regards to our OPP curriculum - SOMA gets the same number of hours training-wise as KCOM does their first and second years. We also have the advantage in that our OPP curriculum is going to continue through years 3-4, as opposed to every other DO school where their OPP curriculum STOPS after year 2.

This obvious shortcoming was paid particularly close attention to during the curriculum design by our OPP Director, Dr. Kirsch. So in my humble opinion, SOMA is going to be a better place for a continuum of OPP training. As someone who plans on incorporating these skills into their practice, I am VERY pleased to be here.

I just interviewed yeasterday and I had a fantastic experiance!! I thought the presentations were really good and very thourough, I learned so much, including that this school is exactly what Im looking for! Sorry you didnt have a great experiance, maybe whoever was giving your presentation was just having a bad day. Im surprised there were only 3 of you, there were like 15 people at my interview. And I agree with you on the group exercise, it was lots of fun and a good way to see if you work well with others. I hope I get in! I have an acceptance elsewhere to fall back on that used to be my first choice but now Im in love with SOMA! :love:

Totally love your enthusiasm! You remind me of myself around this time last year...I'm also from Cali and once I interviewed here I was totally sold!!!
Good luck!

With the acceptance packet there is a long list of apartments/condos/etc. Does anyone have any info concerning where most people are living? I am married with no children and looking to find a location where there are similar married couples with/without kids. Also, are there any groups for spouses/significant others?

Hi Climber -

Yes there is a group for spouses right here at school! The wife of our dean graciously offered to organize and host their monthly meetings. Last I heard they were enjoying wine and cheese at the dean's house!

As for where people are living...lot's of folks live at the Colonial Grand complex, which is very near school. The biggest complaint I hear about the place is that they have no recycling. The bums... There are a couple other popular complexes but I can't remember the names...I'll ask around and get back to you.

I rent a house with two other DO students in Gilbert, and am very happy with it. There are usually postings for houses for rent downstairs at school.

Heyo -

I'm also a first year (heyo EastWest). In regards to our OPP curriculum - SOMA gets the same number of hours training-wise as KCOM does their first and second years. We also have the advantage in that our OPP curriculum is going to continue through years 3-4, as opposed to every other DO school where their OPP curriculum STOPS after year 2.

This obvious shortcoming was paid particularly close attention to during the curriculum design by our OPP Director, Dr. Kirsch. So in my humble opinion, SOMA is going to be a better place for a continuum of OPP training. As someone who plans on incorporating these skills into their practice, I am VERY pleased to be here.
good to know. thanks a lot.

Totally love your enthusiasm! You remind me of myself around this time last year...I'm also from Cali and once I interviewed here I was totally sold!!! I was all set to go to school in So Cal and after those fateful few hours here in Mesa, those plans went right out the window!

Good luck!

Thanks! I think the call should be coming Thurs so Im getting pretty antsy, I hope it comes!

Thanks! I think the call should be coming Thurs so Im getting pretty antsy, I hope it comes!

if you interviewed on a Friday, I would think Friday is when you'd get the call. I was pretty ansy and barely did any work while waiting for the call. I basically had given up hope when 5pm CST rolled around and lo-and-behold Joyce called me at 5:50pm with an acceptance offer. So they might call late in the day.

and oh yah, we interviewed on the same day at LMU-DCOM as well :) good luck.

Here's some suggestions:
1) Colonial Grand (closest, a lot of people from our class live there)
2) Sandbridge (popular as well)
3) San Montego
4) San Montero

3+4 are the nicest places close to campus (IMO), but they are also a tad more expensive.

if you interviewed on a Friday, I would think Friday is when you'd get the call. I was pretty ansy and barely did any work while waiting for the call. I basically had given up hope when 5pm CST rolled around and lo-and-behold Joyce called me at 5:50pm with an acceptance offer. So they might call late in the day.

and oh yah, we interviewed on the same day at LMU-DCOM as well :) good luck.

We did? Cool! I talked to Joyce and she said she would let me know Thurs either way so I will know if I need to send my DCOM deposit in, one more day to go! What CHC are you going to?

We did? Cool! I talked to Joyce and she said she would let me know Thurs either way so I will know if I need to send my DCOM deposit in, one more day to go! What CHC are you going to?

I'll be going to the Seattle CHC. When is the DCOM deposit due?

Heyo -

I seriously dont know how Dr Kirsch could expect us to continue practicing OPP during yr 3 and 4 when we are doing rotations. At least Brooklyn has a fellowship in OMM, but even then thats only at one of the outpatient clinics. Ive heard its probably going to be self-study with videos BUT like everyone else in our inaugural class (including faculty) its all hearsay until we are actually there and testing it out for the first time.

Ps. Oskibear, you should change your name now to OSCE Bear:D!! GO USC TROJANS!!!!!!!

Good luck on hearing a positive decision. Choose SOMA if you get accepted!!!!

almost everyone was nice, esp the dean, he was actually there in person, unlike nycom's dean who was there via pre-prog video, they usually have 15-25, but our day was rare to have so few, i guess i did have a great time except for that one presentation, i did not like that dude, its as if he blamed us for sad state of medicine in AZ and the US, that was my impression of him and he was very strange and hyper-active

After the first couple of weeks of pre-school (i.e. orientation), you will rarely again see "that dude" in charge of CHCs. But honestly, you must have caught him on a bad day, because he's one of the coolest guys at ATSU-SOMA. Wait til he breaks out the malt liquor on the Flagstaff field trip--you'll see.

I don't think she would. Although Heath is the Yoda of OMM, Kirsch is in charge of OPP at ATSU-SOMA, so he'd be more in the know. His email addy is jkirsch at atsu dot edu.