This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed him and he told me that only one person has been moved up from the NS waitlist.

Maybe the other person has residency in PEI or NFLD even though they are working in NS! That must be a relief for you though!! Makes it more likely that you could be pulled off with only 1 person off the list so far !! Fingers crossed for us all !!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe the other person has residency in PEI or NFLD even though they are working in NS! That must be a relief for you though!! Makes it more likely that you could be pulled off with only 1 person off the list so far !! Fingers crossed for us all !!
I don't know what to think! This whole thing keeps racking my brain lol.

I don't know what to think! This whole thing keeps racking my brain lol.

Same! I’ve been stressed out ever since I found out haha. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful I’m on the waitlist rather than knowing it’s a no for sure but I just wish they could tell us what number we are so we know if there’s a chance or not! I really don’t get what it would hurt to tell us, but there must be a reason I’m not thinking of.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! I’ve been stressed out ever since I found out haha. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful I’m on the waitlist rather than knowing it’s a no for sure but I just wish they could tell us what number we are so we know if there’s a chance or not! I really don’t get what it would hurt to tell us, but there must be a reason I’m not thinking of.
Some schools don’t tell you your number so everyone on the waitlist isn’t calling every two days to see what number they are and some other schools straight up don’t have a ranked list.
Good luck to everyone here! I hope you hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone! I was surprised to find this thread, this is awesome :) I am a student from PEI, and I am on the wait list. Just wondering if anyone has heard if the PEI wait list has moved at all????

Hello Everyone! I was surprised to find this thread, this is awesome :) I am a student from PEI, and I am on the wait list. Just wondering if anyone has heard if the PEI wait list has moved at all????

Hi !! glad you found us :) I haven't heard anything about any waitlist for PEI! I know a few of us on here had messaged Jack regarding NB and NS waitlist and he told us if anyone had been taken off or not. You could do that if you are really wanting to know! The deadline is coming up for the deposit sadly so if none of us hear back by July 15th the chances aren't good :( .. Hopefully we will hear good news in the next day or two!

Because this wait is driving me nuts, let’s change the subject a bit! To all of you waitlisters, what are your plans for the upcoming year? :)

Got my degree in the spring so I’ll be working on boosting my experience/resume a bit. Got a job at the local shelter where they’re letting me do a lot of the medical stuff. Also tagging along with some large animal vets when I have days off, and am hoping to find a small animal vet to shadow as well. Might do some online classes over the winter so I can apply to St. Hyacinthe next cycle.

Because this wait is driving me nuts, let’s change the subject a bit! To all of you waitlisters, what are your plans for the upcoming year? :)

Got my degree in the spring so I’ll be working on boosting my experience/resume a bit. Got a job at the local shelter where they’re letting me do a lot of the medical stuff. Also tagging along with some large animal vets when I have days off, and am hoping to find a small animal vet to shadow as well. Might do some online classes over the winter so I can apply to St. Hyacinthe next cycle.

What a great idea! I already got my degree in 2017 but have returned for upgrades this past year and will be doing that again this year! Hoping to sneak in some volunteering at my local shelter while I’m at it but really focusing on grades to boost my application even more! :)

I take it you speak French if you are applying to the Quebec vet college? I do as well and have considered applying there (I would need a couple other courses too in order to apply) but thought it would be challenging since my French is super rusty. I shadowed under a French veterinarian last year and said my French was good enough to go to the college there no problem (that’s where she did her degree) but I would be nervous! How do you feel about that?

What a great idea! I already got my degree in 2017 but have returned for upgrades this past year and will be doing that again this year! Hoping to sneak in some volunteering at my local shelter while I’m at it but really focusing on grades to boost my application even more! :)

I take it you speak French if you are applying to the Quebec vet college? I do as well and have considered applying there (I would need a couple other courses too in order to apply) but thought it would be challenging since my French is super rusty. I shadowed under a French veterinarian last year and said my French was good enough to go to the college there no problem (that’s where she did her degree) but I would be nervous! How do you feel about that?

French is my first language, but all of my science undergrad has been in english, so a bit stressed! However I don’t think my chances are that high of getting in, with how few spots they have for other provinces. Trying to weigh out whether it would be worth the hassle and money for those missing courses.

French is my first language, but all of my science undergrad has been in english, so a bit stressed! However I don’t think my chances are that high of getting in, with how few spots they have for other provinces. Trying to weigh out whether it would be worth the hassle and money for those missing courses.

Oh wow that’s awesome! Yeah would definitely be worth looking into though, just figuring out how much the courses would cost online/how much stress it would be to do them, never know could be worth your while! Least you have that option :)

As someone from western Canada who speaks French I also considered UdeM, but they have so many prerequesites compared to all the other unis that I decided against it. Luckily I got into UCVM and WCVM this year so it wasn't necessary.

I do think it might be worth it though for you.

@ricky246 Definitely! It's roughly 1k per class unfortunately, and I need at least 2. Another deterrent is how unwilling the school has been to help me figure out what I'm missing! AVC is SO helpful, while I've been talking to these guys for over 2 months and still haven't gotten a straight answer. Ugh.

@CanadatoUS2019 Congrats on your acceptances!!

Good luck and have a great day to anyone celebrating their blue coat ceremony today ☺️

Hi everybody! I hope this is allowed here. I had a question regarding honours programs in your undergrad! I've recently been offered to do an honours in research for my bachelor of science degree! Has anyone here completed an honours, and did it help with getting into vet school or making it to the interview stage (is it worth it?)?

Hi everybody! I hope this is allowed here. I had a question regarding honours programs in your undergrad! I've recently been offered to do an honours in research for my bachelor of science degree! Has anyone here completed an honours, and did it help with getting into vet school or making it to the interview stage (is it worth it?)?
Hi,

Doing an honours is a great way to dip your toes into research. Will help with writing and research courses at AVC. May be of interest to talk about during your interview (as long as it is animal related and you put it on your application experience). There are summer jobs at school in research so your honours can help to get a summer job!

But honestly it won't help you to get into vet school. Getting into AVC is all about grades. You can have all the experience in the world but have an 84 average and you won't get in compared to someone who has one weeks worth of experience and a 90 average. It's happened several times in the past few years. My friend was doing her Masters and didn't get in until her 5th try and being wait listed the year before. The only people who see your experience is the two people who interview you.

Do the honours if you want the experience, cause if really is a good experience and will help you to develop better management skills that will help you handle vet school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

Doing an honours is a great way to dip your toes into research. Will help with writing and research courses at AVC. May be of interest to talk about during your interview (as long as it is animal related and you put it on your application experience). There are summer jobs at school in research so your honours can help to get a summer job!

But honestly it won't help you to get into vet school. Getting into AVC is all about grades. You can have all the experience in the world but have an 84 average and you won't get in compared to someone who has one weeks worth of experience and a 90 average. It's happened several times in the past few years. My friend was doing her Masters and didn't get in until her 5th try and being wait listed the year before. The only people who see your experience is the two people who interview you.

Do the honours if you want the experience, cause if really is a good experience and will help you to develop better management skills that will help you handle vet school.
Thank you so much for your reply! This is all really useful information and I value your advice very highly! I will take this into consideration.