Back to Basics WW: A Cycling Edition - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You all realize that the point of a basics game is to analyze posts and votes, right? And that in order to analyze posts and votes, there need to be posts and votes?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
For the record, this is why I have AM leaning village -- I just watched her wolf for a whole game and in my opinion, this does not feel similar
But AM also does a lot of her postings and strategizing and stuff off the main thread. Obviously as a mod you would see all that and you could evaluate, but us pleb players can only go off of what's on thread, so IMO that's what makes her a little hard to evaluate completely.

But AM also does a lot of her postings and strategizing and stuff off the main thread. Obviously as a mod you would see all that and you could evaluate, but us pleb players can only go off of what's on thread, so IMO that's what makes her a little hard to evaluate completely.
Yeah but I saw wolf strategy, which is different. It's more a post cadence thing than anything else

Members don't see this ad :)
Dead peeps, remember to shut your traps unless you're cheering on your team or lamenting the fact you are dead. Live peeps, keep interactions with the dead to a minimum, especially in regards to game-related commentary.

This is noob stuff here, guys...
:p I don’t back down from fighting zombies.

Day 1 Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - AM, Sporty
kata () - jboo
allie () - Cray
Pippy (3) - dolphin, Snowy, cheat
Stagg (3) - bryndi, Pippy, Cray, MJ, Pippy
genny () - Skim
bryndi (1) - Stagg
MJ (3) - genny, AM, allie, Weim
jboo () - raf
Snowy (1) - Pippy, Skim, Weim
Weim (2) - raf, allie, Cray
raf (1) - jboo

15/17
Missing: kata, Cray

Day 2 Lynch Tally
MJ (2) - AM, allie
bryndi () - dolphin, Skim, genny
Weim (1) - raf, Cray, PCC
cheat (4) - Pippy, bryndi, Skim, dolphin
allie (1) - Cray, kata
Cray (1) - Weim
raf (1) - jboo
dolphin (2) - Sporty, cheat
kata (1) - raf

13/15
Missing: genny, MJ

Members don't see this ad :)
With kata posting some names and no reasoning behind her feels, I feel totally fine leaving my vote there for tonight, and I think others should look at what she's posted the whole game and determine whether or not they think the posting style and content is coming off sketch.

At least I've been around with some thoughts, I like to put things I'm thinking out there because every once in a while something catches on and leads me somewhere. Just didn't work out so far this game.

Okay so after reading everything I’ve missed I don’t understand why AM would stay on the train of MJ/Capri without some reasoning. I’ve had some feels for Allie and they’re similar to how I felt about her last game and she was not a wolf so idk, I could be wrong in those feels. I also still don’t like how the tie situation went and I’ve felt that way since it happened. I get what others have said about why would you do something like that to attract attention if you were a wolf. But I still just don’t like it so.

Lynch weim

Jumping in real quick - we're having a long day today and I'm not sure when I'll get out. Reading back through, especially the stuff near D1 close, I think I'm seeing more of what was bothering my hydra buddy about Allie. I'm going to vote there and try to actually check in and read the day if we finish soon

Lynch Allie

D3 Lynch Tally

capri (1) - AM
weim (2) - capri, dolphin
dolphin (2) - Sporty, kata
genny (1) - allie
kata (1) - raf
raf (3) - jboo, skil, pip
PCC (1) - genny
allie (1) - PCC

@raf2769 is still in the lead
@dolphin106258 and @WeimMama are not too far behind

missing: weim

12/13 votes

Lynch deadline 10pm EST (~1.5 hours)

So I guess no one agrees with me about pcc, though mostly Cray. Maybe I just can't read her well, but she really felt like that wolfy Cray who had me so thoroughly confused in PM that one game.

So I guess no one agrees with me about pcc, though mostly Cray. Maybe I just can't read her well, but she really felt like that wolfy Cray who had me so thoroughly confused in PM that one game.
I don’t not agree but i can never read her well. Was it just the whole can I unlynch question instead of just unlynching someone right before the end of lynch D1 that’s making you feel that way? Or is it other things? Or are the feels coming from the other game you’re referencing?

Ok so I just speed skimmed to get somewhat caught up. Need to go back to reread but since this was right in front of my face...

I agree with youuuu! That was a large part of the reason I lynched there yesterday.

I don’t not agree but i can never read her well. Was it just the whole can I unlynch question instead of just unlynching someone right before the end of lynch D1 that’s making you feel that way? Or is it other things? Or are the feels coming from the other game you’re referencing?
It's mostly just feels. She feels off to me, especially in things like this:

I was the first person to point out I had a bad feeling from his jokey vote, and it was Pippy who expounded on that and gave what I thought was a reasonable reason. So I take issue saying it's a lazy vote on my part.

In any case, is that who I'm voting for now? I thought I moved to Snowy. IDEK I'm exhausted
Like she's trying too hard to seem distracted and villagery, unconcerned about how wrong she was about several things. She said something about me voting for stagg, which I never did, and that's how it caught my attention.

Why haven't you voted yet?
Because I'm rereading yesterday. I know if I vote without justification I'm gonna get grilled so I'm trying to not do that.

Because I'm rereading yesterday. I know if I vote without justification I'm gonna get grilled so I'm trying to not do that.
I don't get the concern over being grilled. That just seems so wolfy to me. Wolves want to get their story straight, make sure their votes are just right. Villagers vote badly and get over it.

Ok so my brain space....

Raf is kinda rubbing me wrong, nothing specific, just little things here and there. dolphin around last nights lynch was weird as was allie seemingly tunneling mj? a few things from her today also pinged me. i honestly still cant get over cray's weirdness around the d1 lynch smacking of that other game in which she was a wolf. so the fact that pbc has posted like 4 times since cray has been out isn't giving me any great reason to change that vibe.

lynch cray

I don't get the concern over being grilled. That just seems so wolfy to me. Wolves want to get their story straight, make sure their votes are just right. Villagers vote badly and get over it.
I just personally don't like it, it gives me the stress.

Unofficial D3 Lynch Tally

capri (1) - AM
genny (1) - allie
kata (1) - raf
PCC (2) - genny, Weim
allie (1) - PCC

@raf2769 is still in the lead
@dolphin106258, @WeimMama, and @PrincessButterCup/@Crayola227 are not too far behind

13/13 votes

Lynch deadline 10pm EST (50 minutes)

Reactions: 1 user
I am unlikely to have a lot of time to be present for the rest of the lynch due to things that came up. Gonna go try and find pippy's questions that she had for me and answer those.

To clarify why I said this -- I wondered if you might have been telling Bryndi not to defend because she was your mason partner, but then I didn't understand why you would be lynching someone who wasn't close behind her in the lynch tally. Because if you were masons and you were going to try to save her, why not go for a lynch that could actually save her

And so with that flip, now I'm kind of just confused about why you were telling her not to defend? It was like 20 minutes to lynch, she had been leading, people weren't moving...seems like a decent time for more drastic action, no?
First of all if I was a mason with bryndi why would I have publicly told her to hold off on defending when I could have done it in PM and not drawn so much attention to us? The whole reason I asked her to hold off was because her post about getting desperate soon was kind of doing just that. I knew from her post that she had some kind of ability role. So at that point I was hoping she wouldn't need to fully reveal which role she had. There's only so many in this game, I guess I was hoping she could keep the wolves guessing which one she had. A vanilla is not going to say "I'm going to get desperate"... what kind of leg would they have to stand on? It became obvious she had a PR....at least to me :shrug:

Other feels went away, or...?

Nope. They're still there. But feels for genny are slowly creeping up and everyone seems to be highly offended at me voting for MJ so I decided to go elsewhere today.

I recall cray making a comment d1ish that made me think she was village, but there was that weirdness about unlynching that made me uncomfortable, so I understand your concern, but I feel that voting for raf gives me more information for today. I'd also like to give pbc a chance so I can read her independently of cray.

Double checking that everyone knows where lylo is.

Ok so my brain space....

Raf is kinda rubbing me wrong, nothing specific, just little things here and there. dolphin around last nights lynch was weird as was allie seemingly tunneling mj? a few things from her today also pinged me. i honestly still cant get over cray's weirdness around the d1 lynch smacking of that other game in which she was a wolf. so the fact that pbc has posted like 4 times since cray has been out isn't giving me any great reason to change that vibe.

lynch cray
The bolded is very vague. Can you better explain why you feel that way? I got village vibes from Cray.

The bolded is very vague. Can you better explain why you feel that way? I got village vibes from Cray.
i explained it in much more detail shortly after i happened (i think) but basically that whole 'oh.. wait do i have time to change my vote' and instead of just DOING IT after fussing about how bad ties are for village all day and then changing it in a way that made next to zero impact on the situation (i.e. taking it from a 4 person to a 3 person tie instead of changing it to not a tie at all, which she was perfectly capable of doing)

D3 Lynch Tally

capri (1) - AM
genny (1) - allie
kata (1) - raf
PCC (2) - genny, Weim
allie (1) - PCC

Raf is in the lead!
weim, PCC, and dolphin right behind!

13/13 votes

Lynch deadline 10pm EST (12 min)

i explained it in much more detail shortly after i happened (i think) but basically that whole 'oh.. wait do i have time to change my vote' and instead of just DOING IT after fussing about how bad ties are for village all day and then changing it in a way that made next to zero impact on the situation (i.e. taking it from a 4 person to a 3 person tie instead of changing it to not a tie at all, which she was perfectly capable of doing)
That's right, I remember reading that. Thank you.

D3 Final Tally

capri (1) - AM
genny (1) - allie
kata () -
PCC (3) - genny, Weim, raf
allie (1) - PCC

A Tie! :heckyeah: :heckyeah: :heckyeah:

13/13 votes