Back to Basics WW: A Cycling Edition - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I'd prefer you hold post-game discussion until the game is actually over, which it isn't until I post the writeup :D
Well ok too late, consider this my request for forgiveness

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I need to take a break from SDN WW for a while. GG though.
Hey, AM, I want to apologize because I know I got more heated in the last couple hours than I usually do during WW and I know a lot of it was directed in your general direction, and I'm really sorry if that's any part of the reason for your wanting to take a break. You're a great person to have around here, and I totally agree with Pippy:
AM YOU ARE A TRULY GREAT PLAYER AND I WOULD NOMINATE YOU FOR WW CHAMPIONSHIPS AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME EVEN THOUGH I'M A JERK
So if you leave, please don't leave forever. :biglove:

Reactions: 2 users
D5

pelotonia finish.jpg

There it was. The finish line. Right there in sight. @Karabiner13 and WildZoo had struggled through almost 55 miles, their companions right with them, and they were finally...right...there.

But it was quiet. Too quiet. They looked around them, realizing that their friends had, one by one, fallen from the group. Just a few stragglers remained, and they didn't look too good. There were three among them that seemed to be grinning oddly. Karabou liked that even less than the dead looks in the others' eyes. She pressed on anyway, eyes still on the prize, but Dubz felt the hair raising on the back of her neck. Something wasn't right here...

In the meantime, capri found herself surrounded by other riders. And they didn't seem to have nice intentions. Maybe she was paranoid, but she thought someone intentionally crossed too close in front of her, tapping her front tire and causing her to lose control of her bike. She went skidding across the pavement. Bloodied and bruised, she limped off towards the First Aid Tent.

Dead is @capri1722 - Rider - vanilla townie

Cyclists

2. @johnnaboo
3. @PippyPony
5. @Animal Midwife
12. @genny
14. @SportPonies
15. @WeimMama
16. @allieh8607

First Aid Tent
7. @Stagg737 -
vanilla townie
11. @SnowshoeDog143- vanilla townie
8. @cheathac - vanilla townie
9. @bryndiana.jones - town bodyguard
4. @raf2769 - mafia goon
1. @PrincessButterCup / @Crayola227 - vanilla townie
13. @katashark - vanilla townie
10. @dolphin106258 - vanilla townie
6. @Skimble - town mason
17. @capri1722 - vanilla townie

It is now night 5...I expect it will be a short one. Stay tuned ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
N5

crash.jpg

Just when they thought they might make it to the finish line, @Karabiner13 and Dubz heard shouts behind them. They turned in time to see @PippyPony ram into @Animal Midwife, who hit a pothole and then flew off her bike, flipping through the air and landing with a sickening crunch on her left arm.

Dead is @Animal Midwife - Rider - vanilla townie

AM's bike was flung sideways across the road, hitting @johnnaboo, who then crashed into @WeimMama. They became tangled up in each other, and Pippy took the opportunity to ride right over them.

Karabou and Dubz stopped, unable to keep riding when everything was falling to pieces around them. They stared at the carnage as rider after rider was taken down in the scrum. They were shocked, shocked I tell you, to see @genny get off her bike and toss it at another rider, just before scattering a few nails in the road for good measure. That rider, who asked to remain unnamed in this report, swerved out of the way of the bike and straight into the warpath of a grinning @SportPonies. Sporty didn't even flinch. She took out the unnamed rider first, and then @allieh8607, who had just barely been hanging on since her ride buddy had to tap out.

It was a bloody mess. The group leaders looked at each other, looked back at the pile of bodies and bikes, and then at the same time started riding faster than they even thought possible. The crazed trio of howling riders were too distracted by their fun to pay them any mind. Kara and Dubz crossed the finish line, thinking they might have to seriously reconsider going on one of these rides again. Seems this particular route, at least, might have been cursed...

Wolves win!

Victorious

3. @PippyPony - Pothole - mafia ninja
12. @genny - Nail - mafia strongman
14. @SportPonies - Reynolds Road - mafia goon

Quite Possibly Dead for Real
2. @johnnaboo - High Roller - town tracker
15. @WeimMama - Rider - vanilla townie
16. @allieh8607 - Ride Buddy - town mason

First Aid Tent
7. @Stagg737 - vanilla townie
11. @SnowshoeDog143- vanilla townie
8. @cheathac - vanilla townie
9. @bryndiana.jones - town bodyguard
4. @raf2769 - mafia goon
1. @PrincessButterCup / @Crayola227 - vanilla townie
13. @katashark - vanilla townie
10. @dolphin106258 - vanilla townie
6. @Skimble - town mason
17. @capri1722 - vanilla townie
5. @Animal Midwife - vanilla townie

Reactions: 3 users
Can everyone please SHUT UP while I'm doing the writeup? You're distracting me. Thanks :p
No I'd prefer you hold post-game discussion until the game is actually over, which it isn't until I post the writeup :D

ezgif-1-e9c9714d76.gif

ChiefRegalCanadagoose-max-1mb.gif

But also thank you mods for the game. Was rusty on the woofing, was very lucky there were not more roles to check me out lol

Wolves win!

Victorious

3. @PippyPony - Pothole - mafia ninja
12. @genny - Nail - mafia strongman
14. @SportPonies - Reynolds Road - mafia goon

Pippy-genny-Sporty wolf combination is seriously deadly. Combining this with good power wolfing effectively seals a well-deserved wolf win. Congrats!

Another game, another power wolfing and another reason to become active and start power villaging :watching:

Also congrats to the wolves for defeating the spec chat. I got defeated in the chat wars for the second time in a row :hurting::blackeye:

But I'll prevail in next game! … maybe :dead::hungover:

ChiefRegalCanadagoose-max-1mb.gif

But also thank you mods for the game. Was rusty on the woofing, was very lucky there were not more roles to check me out lol
It really was just because I get distracted by the chatter :rofl:

Pippy-genny-Sporty wolf combination is seriously deadly. Combining this with good power wolfing effectively seals a well-deserved wolf win. Congrats!

Another game, another power wolfing and another reason to become active and start power villaging :watching:
Don't forget @raf2769

It was a bitter sacrifice that set the rest of us up for success, could not have done it without her...

...and I have a deep respect for those who can successfully flip ties lol
@raf2769 @genny

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't forget @raf2769

It was a bitter sacrifice that set the rest of us up for success, could not have done it without her...

...and I have a deep respect for those who can successfully flip ties lol
@raf2769 @genny

Agreed raf played well and helped wolves win. Taking out the hydra villager in a last minute tie was a solid move.

I said this in spec chat. Or dead chat. One of those. But in a more typical setup I would likely have put this game at 3 wolves (and I think kara would agree) to keep it between a 1:4 and 1:5 ratio. Was interesting to see how a game with a MU setup would run here though. Theoretically an open setup, basic game would be more difficult for wolves...except that when it seems a majority of the village was very busy, and the most active player was a wolf, well...they don't necessarily need complicated mechanics to hide behind in that scenario. Hard for village to win relatively inactive games.

In case anyone was curious, we did one of the Matrix 12 setups, RNG chose D
roles matrix 12.jpg

D1 Final Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - sporty
kata () -
allie () -
pippy (3) - dolphin, snowy, cheat
stagg (3) - bryndy, mj, pippy
genny () -
bryndy (1) - stagg
mj (3) - genny, am, weim
jboo () -
snowy (1) - skim
weim (2) - raf, allie
raf (1) - jboo

A 3-way tie! :heckyeah: :heckyeah: :heckyeah:

15/17

Missing: kata, cray

Check your votes!

Probably the riskiest D1 tie the wolves had participated in. The mods could've probably killed off a wolf and two villagers!

Obviously we decided to go with a full open setup based on the matrix, but i do think it would be interesting to run a game where just the matrix is known and not which roleset was chosen!

I said something similar in in dead cheat, but I'll say it here too. Me taking a break isn't personal and it won't be permanent. I've just been feeling like I've been taking control rather than team-playing the game and it's probably not the best strategy. I really do enjoy playing with all of you.

I want to butt heads with wolves and jump all over the board more like I used to instead of committing to blind reads that I feel trapped in.

This game has been really refreshing for me to realize that. That you mods and wolves for opening my eyes.

I promise I still love you @capri1722 and @PippyPony !

Reactions: 7 users
I said this in spec chat. Or dead chat. One of those. But in a more typical setup I would likely have put this game at 3 wolves (and I think kara would agree) to keep it between a 1:4 and 1:5 ratio. Was interesting to see how a game with a MU setup would run here though. Theoretically an open setup, basic game would be more difficult for wolves...except that when it seems a majority of the village was very busy, and the most active player was a wolf, well...they don't necessarily need complicated mechanics to hide behind in that scenario. Hard for village to win relatively inactive games.

In case anyone was curious, we did one of the Matrix 12 setups, RNG chose D
View attachment 238777
Tot chat!
And thank you I was curious

I said something similar in in dead cheat, but I'll say it here too. Me taking a break isn't personal and it won't be permanent. I've just been feeling like I've been taking control rather than team-playing the game and it's probably not the best strategy. I really do enjoy playing with all of you.

I want to butt heads with wolves and jump all over the board more like I used to instead of committing to blind reads that I feel trapped in.

This game has been really refreshing for me to realize that. That you mods and wolves for opening my eyes.

I promise I still love you @capri1722 and @PippyPony !
If you need me to play so I can poke you when you get tunnel-y, I am happy to do that for you :p

Probably the riskiest D1 tie the wolves had participated in. The mods could've probably killed off a wolf and two villagers!
Yeaaaaahhhh.

@capri1722 do you remember when I said there was no way of knowing, and it could have been unintentional?

...it was kind of unintentional

:angelic:

But worked out WAY better than anticipated, so none of us were too broken up about it

Oh and I would just like to say that if I were capri I would have gotten pretty ticked about getting lynched as a villager for essentially the same thing multiple games in a row.

Wanted to bop everyone on the head for talking about her voting late

Thank you mods for putting this game on for us! Oh and I couldn't protect myself, which is why I waited so long to reveal

It’s okay, sorry for not lynching you D1. :p
Oh you mean this?
High snark level must be a wolf. :p
Lynch pippy

But I totally told you guys who the wolves were! Plz don't lynch me ever.
High snark level must be a wolf. :p
----
Cray and AM feel decently village to me, as does allie

Not loving raf's logic this game, raised a couple eyebrows at genny's contributions thus far

Oh you mean this?

But I totally told you guys who the wolves were! Plz don't lynch me ever.

----
Lol I said in the dead chat that it’s like a sixth sense or luckiness. Bc that’s what happened last game with AM so my joke votes will be taken into account in my brain for the future

Thank you mods for putting this game on for us! Oh and I couldn't protect myself, which is why I waited so long to reveal
You were dead as soon as you said you were about to get desperate. We knew you had a role at that point, whether you revealed what it was or not didn't matter so much. Waiting until the last second gave the village less time to plan, so it actually helped the wolves. Just for future games, where I'm actually on your side. :)

:nod:

Like, unless you've got a role that can bite the wolves in the ass if they go after you, the moment you hint at having one you might as well just reveal, because you're probs dead anyway. At least in a game like this where wolves are hunting every PR since there are so few of them.

Oh and I would just like to say that if I were capri I would have gotten pretty ticked about getting lynched as a villager for essentially the same thing multiple games in a row.

Wanted to bop everyone on the head for talking about her voting late
This was part of the reason I was mad, I'm just bad at expressing myself. That's kinda what I meant with the "hey guys I'm sketch city normally might wanna rethink this"

You were dead as soon as you said you were about to get desperate. We knew you had a role at that point, whether you revealed what it was or not didn't matter so much. Waiting until the last second gave the village less time to plan, so it actually helped the wolves. Just for future games, where I'm actually on your side. :)
Yeah I knew most people would pick up on it. I just didn't see people switching, so I was dead either way at that point, by lynch or night kill

This was part of the reason I was mad, I'm just bad at expressing myself. That's kinda what I meant with the "hey guys I'm sketch city normally might wanna rethink this"

I feel this on a deep level

Next game isn't starting until the 24th/25th? Man that seems like too long to wait...

Right?? I'm on puppy watch until then so sitting at home twiddling my thumbs when I could be ww raging

I will probably be sitting out a game or two because man it was hard to keep up, and it was just orientation week.

But also. Gotta feed that addiction. ;)

I will probably be sitting out a game or two because man it was hard to keep up, and it was just orientation week.

But also. Gotta feed that addiction. ;)

I actually find it easier to keep up during general classes. It's a good mental break between every class and usually that means I can stay on top of the thread much better... I mean, I don't have a ww problem...