Bake and They WWill Come - Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless I missed any lynch votes or waffles in my ISO (which is possible but doesn't look likely) this is the first time you've given a real reason beyond self preservation for a vote. It's a little strange how gung-ho you are about STRATEGY WITH LYNCH VOTES but then . . . you sorta do that? Sorta not?
I…don't really follow? This is the second lynch of the game. My first lynch vote was tied up with self-prez, didn't think I needed any other reasons. And I did give a reason for both of my lynch votes today so I'm not really sure what you're accusing me of?
 
Final D3 Lynch Tally

jboo (5)
- genny, MOOSE, mixy, paws, capri
MOOSE () -
3m (3) - kcough, pbc, mj
Genny (4) - dubz, 3m, sporty, jboo
mj () -

Missing: cray

12/13


GrotesqueEmotionalAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't see a rule about that?
I assumed there was, but I don't see one either.

Here's what I cut from my post:

I…don't really follow? This is the second lynch of the game. My first lynch vote was tied up with self-prez, didn't think I needed any other reasons. And I did give a reason for both of my lynch votes today so I'm not really sure what you're accusing me of?

Why are you focusing on Genny and not Dubz, when they have both had similar posting styles this game? Dubz hasn't given reasons for her votes either.


There there, you're not chopped liver to me. 🙂 You are sketch though. I appreciate that you justified your lynch votes (finally) but only after being called out for it and nothing that couldn't have been explained when you voted in the first place. Therefore (and partly to break the tie)

Lynch Genny

The bold is SO snarky, especially since this is your first vote that wasn't self preservation. It's only lynch #2, as you pointed out. We don't have a lot to go off of - why is your "genny is a little quiet but now I'm voting in self preservation" better than Genny's "gotta start somewhere" comment? Especially since Genny's mo is to post sparingly. I'm reading your comments as being overly reactive. It's fine to point out Genny's lynch votes and say she's quiet - good observation. You just seem very attached to this line of inquiry, and to Genny particularly, since Dubz is doing the exact same thing.
 
This evening, all was not well in the kitchen. Animals were scurrying about, picking fights with one another, and ultimately sabotaging the production for tonight which would’ve been a delicious strawberry and blueberry tart ȧ la Chef Mad Jack. How can the mods continue to bake for all of them if they can’t trust one another? It was clear that someone had to go, and they had to go now. Though not unanimous, the majority decided it was going to be @johnnaboo who got her… just desserts.

Johnnaboo, however, prefers worms herself.


Dead is @johnnaboo, robin, and a vanilla.

am-robin-594ec95a3df78cae81dca55a.jpg

It is now N3. Night will end at 9:00am** EST

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
4. @MixedAnimals77
5. @capri1722
7. @WildZoo
8. @Mad Jack
9. @kcoughli
12. @mmmdreamerz
13. @PrincessButterCup
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017
16. @genny

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
 
Last edited:
Why are you focusing on Genny and not Dubz, when they have both had similar posting styles this game? Dubz hasn't given reasons for her votes either.
Tbh hadn't noticed.
why is your "genny is a little quiet but now I'm voting in self preservation" better than Genny's "gotta start somewhere" comment?
"Gotta start somewhere," imo, makes it seem like she just picked someone at random.
Especially since Genny's mo is to post sparingly. (…) It's fine to point out Genny's lynch votes and say she's quiet - good observation.
Sure, but not this quiet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it interesting that MJ wasn't sniffed.


To elaborate, 1) How do you know who has or has not been sniffed? 2) Why is it strange that MJ has not explicitly stated whether or not he has been sniffed? 3) What is sniffing, exactly, to you?

Are we PR hunting? Is that why we're curious about the sniffage?
 
@WildZoo Hey, so since you're here, why don't you tell us your current take on things? 🙂
Don't have a solid one currently. I voted Genny because she was on the greeney Lynch and that's where I felt like going today. Been skimming.

Oh, and poor jboo. Again lol
 
To elaborate, 1) How do you know who has or has not been sniffed? 2) Why is it strange that MJ has not explicitly stated whether or not he has been sniffed? 3) What is sniffing, exactly, to you?

Are we PR hunting? Is that why we're curious about the sniffage?
MJ said he was tracked, not sniffed. I can PM with paws. That's the extent of my knowledge about who has been sniffed.

Never said strange, just interesting, because it makes me lean paws as village and sniffer as wolfy.
 
If they didn't sniff the mayor, then does that mean that the mayor is more than likely a wolf?
Only if they're both wolves (sniffer and mayor). But honestly, while typically PR are quickly used on mayors to verify things, that may be a good reason to not use someone's PR on the mayor (because more than likely someone else will be checking on them as well). That and people use their PR however they feel like it (see LIS).

Excuse me in my delirious and sleepy state, but what are the chances the sniffer is a noob and didn't put 2 and 2 together to sniff mayor?

Cuz if that's the case... yo, sniffer. Sniff the mayor.
Or this. Sometimes this happens.

I like the thought processes here, don't get me wrong, but I'm the grand duchess of overthinking things so I'm not going PR hunting on the chance that the sniffer is a wolf. I'll wait to see how things play out first.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only if they're both wolves (sniffer and mayor). But honestly, while typically PR are quickly used on mayors to verify things, that may be a good reason to not use someone's PR on the mayor (because more than likely someone else will be checking on them as well). That and people use their PR however they feel like it (see LIS).


Or this. Sometimes this happens.

I like the thought processes here, don't get me wrong, but I'm the grand duchess of overthinking things so I'm not going PR hunting on the chance that the sniffer is a wolf. I'll wait to see how things play out first.
Not PR hunting, just wanted village to know if I died that it happened. I am concerned that the seer is wolfy and so is MJ. Is it possible the seer didn't know to look into MJ? Yeah. Likely? Not very. We had a mayor vote last game and it was explained that this was usually how it goes. Now could seer have decided not to see MJ? I guess so but no way for me to know that
 
@johnnaboo who are you looking at today? You seemed very positive greeny was village and you never responded to if you thought gennys vote was weak after calling out mine (if I missed that please redirect me). Although you voted to lynch AMEL for being very chatty and involved D1 I could see wolves killing them for the same reason.

We are missing @Crayola227 word vomit that was promised last night....

I posted 8 times. And it was late evening.

Less time, less words. Little known fact about me is that I have chronic CTS (you don't say! could it be all the typing?), and using the riding crop on people and tying them down with rope has aggravated it a bit, so less typing from me. Actually, my wrist really went out when I lifted my cat's carrier for her to go to the vet last week (chronic viral upper airway issues, sinus infection, ear infection, Horner's. Abx and feeling better now.)

None of that matters I know. My game activity never has anything to do with my affiliation anyway, the only thing that affects how active I am in the game is real life. I could never ghost as a purposeful strategy, I am compulsive about SDN & WW when I'm not being more compulsive IRL. Any insinuation that how much I am on is an indication of anything besides how busy I am, I find insulting and turns into a very mouthy and angry rant about that topic. If anything, I've learned to chill out a bit as a villager since my one single life isn't as important to the village (#allvillagerlivesmatter and all that). If I was a wolf I'd be working a lot harder right now, even being busy.

So what I'm really wondering, is why when it's this early in the game, are you riding me for content when I've given a fair amount? I know I've been missing voting deadline (gonna drop a contingency vote now) and active after, but I am active. I'm asking myself if you have a motivation beyond concerned villager. Because wolves love to set me up for the mob, I'm every wolf's favorite wolf-straction.

MA, I'm getting vibes from you. It's like you're trying to run the village, and I can't tell if you're excited invested villager or something else.
 
The KC chaos comments have already been talked about, but I think it's worth keeping these responses in mind. Paws and 3M both picked out these offhand comments and considered them sketch. I don't see why they were taken so seriously - chaos and wolves don't come out on the thread and declare I love chaos, so I'm voting this way. It seems like an easy thing to make a post about without legitimately trying to wolf/chaos hunt.

that's the whole thing, the players that love chaos frequently come in and say "I love chaos" even when they're wolfy and chaotic af because, well, they love chaos and we would expect nothing less of them in some cases

it's WIFOM but I would rather we keep that in mind than clear anyone by putting it past them to be brazen as a baddie

you do make a good point that it could have been a fluff rather than content post