Bake and They WWill Come - Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm definitely having trouble distinguishing between AM and Mel. Right now the tone is off for AM and giving me feels. I also disliked the chaos references last night so looking towards KC and someone else, will need to go back to look.
No vote yet, want to hear more discussion.
Also, JBoo, why such a fast contingency Lynch on AM? It was only 9AM and you felt she hadn't contributed enough today? That was a weak lynch reason. Will watch there too.

Edited because it posted after I wrote three words lol

In fairness to jboo, Paws was having hydra feels too. Shrugs. I didn't see it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AM was chattier than usual yesterday. Besides that, I have nothing to go on so

Contingency lynch AM

Will likely waffle depending on discussion today

I'm wondering if this might have been an attempt for village points, since earlier votes are typically less sketch than later votes. Or I'm reading too much into jboo.
 
I didn't see it either, but Paws wasn't as sketched out by it I feel?
I inheirently trust a.m. and Mel, so until I see something that really gets me, I don't usually look there. Jenny and 40 C normal in pm. And cray seems weird but I always tunnel they're so not sure when to declare it wolfy
I can see a vote for J boo, and have only played with PBC once and she was a wolf, so don't know about that one either. Capri I'm not sure, she hasn't talked any today I don't think, but I didn't like the other two options last so, which is why I voted for her. Going to have to go back and reread for anybody else
 
I inheirently trust a.m. and Mel, so until I see something that really gets me, I don't usually look there. Jenny and 40 C normal in pm. And cray seems weird but I always tunnel they're so not sure when to declare it wolfy
I can see a vote for J boo, and have only played with PBC once and she was a wolf, so don't know about that one either. Capri I'm not sure, she hasn't talked any today I don't think, but I didn't like the other two options last so, which is why I voted for her. Going to have to go back and reread for anybody else
Yes I should have checked for typos for speech to text, that's genny and sporty, lol
 
Disliking that whenever I read and start having feels about someone (yesterday greeney today jboo) I keep reading to find that multiple people have similar thoughts. It makes me second guess myself.

I also was not seeing where the hydra AM sketch feels were coming from as she sounded very much like AM to me. That being said, if wolf-jboo was trying to push the sketch-factor and failed (seeing as not many went with it yesterday), that could have been enough to say "screw it" and kill them. I could see it going either way unfortunately.

Was AM really questioning anyone hard yesterday?
 
To toss a lynch vote in the mix, I feel like we haven't heard much from 3M yet so

Lynch 3M

What's happening, what are you thinking, who are you feeling is sketch? And yes I saw you'll only post after business hours but I probably won't be back until then anyway 🙂
 
Oh heck yes I can get on board this wagon.

Un-elect PBC (sorry peebs)
Elect MJ

For maximum chaos

I'm definitely having trouble distinguishing between AM and Mel. Right now the tone is off for AM and giving me feels. I also disliked the chaos references last night so looking towards KC and someone else, will need to go back to look.
No vote yet, want to hear more discussion.

elect MJ

I never trust the mayor anyway.

So this is likely just a super nit-picky minor detail, but it’s the only thing I have for true “feels “ this early and I felt this way immediately after she posted it last night, so I’m just going with it.

I voted for MJ, basically just because he said he’d never been mayor before and then right after genny posts this...it just felt off to me. That said, WZ had already voted for MJ at this point too so the same could likely be said for me (I admit that) but:shrug: just rang some alarm bells.

So

Lynch genny

Is where I’m at for now

The KC chaos comments have already been talked about, but I think it's worth keeping these responses in mind. Paws and 3M both picked out these offhand comments and considered them sketch. I don't see why they were taken so seriously - chaos and wolves don't come out on the thread and declare I love chaos, so I'm voting this way. It seems like an easy thing to make a post about without legitimately trying to wolf/chaos hunt.
 
Why 3m? Not sure she's said enough to give feels

That's pretty typical play, though I don't think I've played with her when she was a wolf. Some one with more 3m experience want to chime in?

And then some soft-vouching-sorta stuff from Paws for 3M. Just interesting considering they're sitting in a similarly sketchy (not high but meh) place in my mind right now.
 
Was AM really questioning anyone hard yesterday?

The biggest thing that stands out is the back and forth AM and Sporty had.

Dvmd needs to play again so I have my D1 lynch vote back. 🙁

Hydras are hard to read, so to get discussion going, I'm gonna put my vote there.

Edit for clearer wording

Lynch AniMel

How is our hydra hard to read?

I didn't say that YOUR hydra is hard to read, just that hydras in general are.

How come you never voted for my hydra with finn then?

My vote today is because I have experienced enough hydra games at this point to decide that I want to make an evaluation on them early on. You and Finn ended up being a bigger question mark than some other players because of your hydra status iirc, and I'd rather feel you guys out early this time.

Well, I don't recall you ever voting for hydras before or interacting with finn and me so this is an interesting change.

Really is just a matter of learning from my past experiences.

What happened in your past experiences?

I already said. Hydras seem to have a tendency to end up as question marks.

Sporty came on later and waffled to Capri, so her final vote wasn't for AMel.
 
Verifying play style is soft vouching these days? Hardly. Do you disagree with my statement on 3ms play style?

I did say "sorta". 😛 Just with both of those comments, after the two of you had made similar remarks about KC and Genny's jokes - it was enough to feel weird.

3M has had some fluff posts so far and really only one content post, which I tagged as sketch. It's been a while since I've played with her so I'm not sure how closely this matches her norm, but it's definitely not coming across as strong village.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch jboo
Not because she lynched me but because she has always been the 1st or 2nd person to vote in the mornings and she has never waffled. Also, she voted for AMel first thing in the morning and never changed her vote or ever really justified it other than saying that AMel was "chatter" than yesterday.
 
D3 Lynch Tally

jboo (2)
- genny, MOOSE
MOOSE (1) - jboo
3m (2) - kcough, pbc

5/13

Deadline ~ 7 hours

GrotesqueEmotionalAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif
 
Too much to read. I'm not into it. Anybody care to refresh me on who was pushing the greeney lynch yesterday?
In order for who voted for greeny:
1. Mixy (to get her to start playing)
2. MOOSE (to get her to start playing)
3. Capri (self-prez)
4. Genny (changed vote from Paws to Greeny, gave no justification for either)
5. MJ (changed vote from Capri because he didn't want to make it a tie)
6. KC (changed vote from MJ to greeny, voted for MJ first because she promised she'd do it, gave no justification for for voting for Greeny)
 
6. KC (changed vote from MJ to greeny, voted for MJ first because she promised she'd do it, gave no justification for for voting for Greeny)
Blatantly untrue. See below quoted post from me with my discussion of greenbeans. The nail in the coffin bit was an attempt to emphasize the avoidance of a tie (though apparently by then the margin was wide enough without my vote).
May have forgotten this evening that there was a game on.
I was toying with voting greeney earlier today based on Glammyre's death. In our PM she came on a bit strong and I could see a noobier wolf player panicking and wanting to avoid her questioning. That being said I have no idea if Glam even messaged greeney at all, and I was Glam's other PM partner so might not be the best reason to give sketch points to greeney. Your suspicion of me I also find suspicious, but I'll be honest and say that the people who self-nominated for mayor (or self-voted) earned village points from me early because we all know mayors tend to get seered/tracked/felt up/etc early and usually wolves want to avoid that spotlight (granted unseerables may be less concerned, but baby steps). At this point I panic speed-read through the thread and adding onto greeney at this point will just be the nail in the coffin...

Unlynch MJ
Lynch Greenbeans
 
The biggest thing that stands out is the back and forth AM and Sporty had.

Sporty came on later and waffled to Capri, so her final vote wasn't for AMel.
I knew weirdness was happening somewhere with AM but couldn't remember who with. Thanks for the summary.

I could be tempted to swing sporty-spice's way based on this because it was weird. I'm also thinking I may need to reread paws' because I'm having feelings in that direction.
 
This kind of comment makes me side eye you :eyebrow:
Her comment also concerns me a bit especially since there hasn't been alot of activity and makes for lazy wolf hunting which isn't good for village even if she is village. It concerns me and definitely on my radar. I'm gonna be off for quite a bit though maybe even until after close. Thus far jboo has given me the most reason to be sketch so that's where I'll be placing my vote. If I get a chance to get back on before close I may waffle as I'd like to hear her responses to some of the accusations.
###lynch jboo###
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, re-reading, and it's mostly these two that make me want to vote jboo today:
I know that D1 lynching is usually a shot in the dark, but I'm not fond of this vote. Specifically, your reasoning for it seems pretty lame.
^this was in response to Mixy's vote, which was for greeney to get greeney talking. I didn't see anything off in Mixy's vote. I find it weird that jboo called out Mixy for that vote, but didn't call out anyone else for any subsequent greeney votes, or greeney votes with even less justification (e.g. mine).

Greeney is never going to play again if everyone keeps lynching her D1...

ETA: I’ll eat my hat if she’s a wolf
I've done the above as a wolf... it's so easy to be sure someone is village when you're a wolf, and so so tempting to post about it like you'll somehow get village cred for reading someone correctly.
 
I'm also having trouble with Paws. Can't tell if that's because I always get paranoid about people I PM with, or if there's really something there, so I'm just going to quote stuff:
I'm definitely having trouble distinguishing between AM and Mel. Right now the tone is off for AM and giving me feels.
This one really sounds like Paws saying AM is wolfy.

Do you think she sounds like typical AM? I'm saying she doesn't sound like typical AM. I don't know if that's because Mel is influencing her posts as they discuss, or if it's a wolfy AM tell. I don't think I'm saying the same thing as sporty is about the hydra
And this also sounds like AM is wolfy...

I inheirently trust a.m. and Mel, so until I see something that really gets me, I don't usually look there.
And this sounds like a complete 180. So I'm a little confused.
 
Long post incoming.

For real? AM is chattiness incarnate. I have taken a break from playing recently, so mayyyyybe AM has quieted down in recent games? But the AM I know and love is usually one of the most active players on the board.
From my recent games with AM, she's pretty laid back and only juts in to ask a question or throw in a sentence here or there. She was more much more active on mayor vote day imo.

Lynch votes get people talking. If you have a quiet player who likes to hang back, voting for them is a good way to encourage activity. Especially D1 when getting people talking is really important - you don't have much to go on unless people are actually playing.
Yep yep I agree with this. BUT greeney in the past few games has been lynched early on. I was giving her a chance. Sue me, I have sympathy for her since I, too, got lynched a bunch when I first started. I was a common victim of late-in-the-day waffles.
no, that wound isn't still sore or anything

And again, insisting on the hydra-so-confusing thing. Can you point to specific posts that you thought were off? It's not important now in terms of reading AM/Mel, but I'm curious what had you raising your eyebrows so much.
Not gunna harp on this, see response to first quote.

This feels like a cop out vote... agreeing with alot of what PBC has had to say...will ponder on this more.
ETA typo
Pot, kettle. Why is my vote a cop out?

I was only the 2nd person to vote greeny and I specified that it was to get her to join the thread and I kept tagging her all day to get her to join in.
I know that. But considering you've read a few WW threads you should know that original thoughts and reasonings for lynches are encouraged to help the village.

Also, she voted for AMel first thing in the morning and never changed her vote or ever really justified it other than saying that AMel was "chatter" than yesterday.
Well, thats where my feels were. They were wrong. I hate D1 lynching because I just have to go on gut instincts from a few posts, no real thorough analysis.
 
Hey guys. I had something come up that is keeping me away from the computer until likely after lynch close. I should be able to get on in the morning before I leave and will post some thoughts then (if you don’t lynch me first lol).

Just to get a vote in...sticking with my gut from yesterday...

Lynch genny
 
**********************************
😱 never you're too cute to be mad at 😛
**********************************
Hey guys, less than 5 hours to go 🙂
@Crayola227 @Mad Jack @mmmdreamerz @SportPonies @StayingPositive2017
I'll be on to catch up with the thread soon, today was the busiest day of senior week aside from graduation
 
Just read through. I see why people are feeling skeeved out by jboo, but I'm not feeling it myself at the moment.

I really did not like how the GEG lynch went yesterday, when I felt it was pretty clear that she was likely at work, based on what she said and how she acted on D0 (coming on after vote close, saying she had been at work). Almost seems like it was set off by her AM vote and then everyone was trying to find other reasons to call her sketchy?

Not sure I'm understanding the 3M lynch, so I'm going to have to look at that one a little closer.

MOOSE is tingling me a little bit, but I think it's just noob play and I'm going to take it as that until I have a reason to think otherwise.

Genny's vote placement on the GEG train, her veteran status (ie- veterans aren't going to be misunderstanding the work schedule thing as much as noobs are), and her additional lack of substantial reasoning for the vote are why I'm going to put my vote there today. Also not liking that she has her vote on jboo, but that's mostly because I'm not feeling the jboo lynch.

lynch genny
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad