BCOM vs LUCOM vs Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCOM, LUCOM, Carib

• Total voters
Look, my point was newer schools need to establish their reputation. Older schools don't need to establish their reputation that much. The name can speak for itself. Looking at the average stat of BCOM, it is still significantly lower than that of the established DO schools. I'm sure the "newness" has some effect on the more competitive applicants. This isn't just unique to BCOM. This happens to LUCOM, CUSOM, ACOM, etc. However, the for-profit status does cause a concern.

BCOM has 300 applicants for the waitlist because they cannot accept more than their class size, unlike all the other schools who accept 2.5 times their incoming class.
BCOM has a deferred acceptance list they are pulling people off of as well as their wait list - those other schools who accept "2.5x" more students than seats do so over the entire application cycle they never have 2.5x acceptances/seat at one single instance. Everyone knows that a school that has been around for a while has a foundation and reputation built up, but just because a school is new you can't sit here and insinuate they are trying to pitch their school even harder and offering up far fetched ideas to recruit students. I am not just saying this to argue, but you can't make implications just because.

I agree with some of your posts lol but you cannot even debate with this person, they are apparently right. I just gave up, not worth the time. In other news we all start Med school soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Soccermac, without going back into your bully-ish past we already spoke about, maybe you can't "win" because you aren't providing facts or even evidence based suggestions when you spew off in your post. I am not making any claims FOR BCOM, I am merely responding and saying that you can't make such assumptions and pre-judgements against a school that has yet to have a chance to prove themselves. You can't get on here and say BCOM can't/won't do this and they don't have that...YOU DON'T KNOW! I have no bias or conflict of interest with BCOM or any other medical school, but it has been the SAME posters from day ONE who have been constantly and consistently placing negativity on BCOM threads.

Members don't see this ad.

Gotta love the BCOM warriors with their fingers shoved in their ears. We are not saying BCOM sucks, we are saying that it is reasonable to be skeptical until it puts its money where it's mouth is. :smack:

Oh and nice of @OrdinaryDO to question my work ethic "in crunch time" due to my lack of desire to write essays about Las Cruces before medical school even starts... :smack::smack:

Reactions: 1 users
You can't get on here and say BCOM can't/won't do this and they don't have that...YOU DON'T KNOW! I have no bias or conflict of interest with BCOM or any other medical school, but it has been the SAME posters from day ONE who have been constantly and consistently placing negativity on BCOM threads.

Any SDN user can say what they want about a school. It is an open forum were users are free to state whatever they wish about schools. Policing any negative assumption "spewed" forth about anyone who says "BCOM is not as great as they are (or how certain SDNers here) place themselves to be" is fine but if these assumptions make your blood boil so much that it pushes you to use the all caps-esque style of writing then the ignore feature is right there on any post so you can ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

BCOM has done good things with building residency spots, building research (health policy research), and building curriculum that tests and prepares incoming students to understand the history of Las Cruces. Those are NOT bad things and yes, they've done a much better job in really living up to their mission statement to NM than many other satellite schools (looking at you LECOM). But when people start touting that BCOM has a "research institution" it's a flat false statement. What is considered a research building/inst is biomedical or clinical research (which about 95+% of medical schools have including DO schools). When there's the run to NMSU as providing great research opps it's also IMO quite a false statement as again, there's only 1R01 funded investigator conducting research there with the majority of their research honed in on agricultural research. The collab research with fred hutch will maybe allow a few medical students to help but what does that leave the other 150+ students? They're no where near a research institution with the closest being UNM (which looking at the politics b/t UNM and BCOM I doubt UNM would even be welcoming of their students).

At the end of the day, assumptions are assumptions and the school will need to live up to its expectations. Time will tell.

If a good majority of those GME sites are established and make it through ACGME accred and a good majority of students end up matching there then they've done their job. If the schools starts sending off more than 75% of their grads OOS and GME slots are left open in that region than I guess that leaves us with the question of what happened.

My view and opinion is still grounded on the fact that Burrell should NOT be looking to build more schools in other states (when in his interview he states he is dedicated to the state of NM) and should invest MORE into the region. As a businessman, he can't risk funneling a ton of money into GME because that doesn't give a return. A new school? There's def more profit to be had there.

Again, time will tell.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any SDN user can say what they want about a school. It is an open forum were users are free to state whatever they wish about schools. Policing any negative assumption "spewed" forth about anyone who says "BCOM is not as great as they are (or how certain SDNers here) place themselves to be" is fine but if these assumptions make your blood boil so much that it pushes you to use the all caps-esque style of writing then the ignore feature is right there on any post so you can ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

BCOM has done good things with building residency spots, building research, and building curriculum that tests and prepares incoming students to understand the history of Las Cruces. Those are NOT bad things and yes, they've done a much better job in really living up to their mission statement to NM than many other satellite schools (looking at you LECOM).

At the end of the day, assumptions are assumptions and the school will need to live up to its expectations. Time will tell.

If a good majority of those GME sites are established and make it through ACGME accred and a good majority of students end up matching there then they've done their job. If the schools starts sending off more than 75% of their grads OOS and GME slots are left open in that region than I guess that leaves us with the question of what happened.

Again, time will tell.
I'm cool with this. Can we just end the thread and pros and cons now? It's late in the game now, people have tons of info out there by both sides. They can use the search button. Let's just chill

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I admit that I was excited about the research at BCOM, but I don't know why it gets overhyped so much on here. It's the students doing it btw, not BCOM. I specifically talked about some stuff I was interested in researching during my interview and they very blatantly explained to me that while bench work might be a possibility, most if not all of their research will be case reports and not big experimental stuff. They explained that if you find a way to go bigger then you definitely have full support, but not to get your hopes up about writing some groundbreaking paper in physiology or anything. You will get the opportunity to use resources at nmsu.

Again, I think everything BCOM is doing is great for a new school and it's going to be awesome for the region. But let's not make this out to be more than it is, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Gotta love the BCOM warriors with their fingers shoved in their ears. We are not saying BCOM sucks, we are saying that it is reasonable to be skeptical until it puts its money where it's mouth is. :smack:

Oh and nice of @OrdinaryDO to question my work ethic "in crunch time" due to my lack of desire to write essays about Las Cruces before medical school even starts... :smack::smack:
You are seriously mistaken, lol. I am in no way a BCOM warrior. You act as if BCOM is the only school to accept me and I am diligently defending it from any negativity. No, I turned down other schools for BCOM and I have an interview coming up that, depending on how it turns out, may have me departing this school to stay home. I am not standing up for BCOM specifically, I am pointing out the ridiculous assumptions people are making no matter the University of Medical school in question. It is the principle behind the argument that makes me laugh and that is what I am responding to, not BCOM.

If you took that work ethic comment to heart then maybe you do have a bit of a problem? I'm not saying you do, but you sure did take it personal haha. Also, you have no idea what the assignments are, because to say they are "essays" is just crazy. Have fun, friend.

BCOM has done good things with building residency spots, building research (health policy research), and building curriculum that tests and prepares incoming students to understand the history of Las Cruces. Those are NOT bad things and yes, they've done a much better job in really living up to their mission statement to NM than many other satellite schools (looking at you LECOM). But when people start touting that BCOM has a "research institution" it's a flat false statement. What is considered a research building/inst is biomedical or clinical research (which about 95+% of medical schools have including DO schools). When there's the run to NMSU as providing great research opps it's also IMO quite a false statement as again, there's only 1R01 funded investigator conducting research there with the majority of their research honed in on agricultural research. The collab research with fred hutch will maybe allow a few medical students to help but what does that leave the other 150+ students? They're no where near a research institution with the closest being UNM (which looking at the politics b/t UNM and BCOM I doubt UNM would even be welcoming of their students).

My view and opinion is still grounded on the fact that Burrell should NOT be looking to build more schools in other states (when in his interview he states he is dedicated to the state of NM) and should invest MORE into the region. As a businessman, he can't risk funneling a ton of money into GME because that doesn't give a return. A new school? There's def more profit to be had there.

Again, time will tell.

Don't take anything I say personal, I only respond for legitimate debates about topics I feel are important enough to learn more about.
In all honesty, I am not policing anyone or anything, believe me I know this is an open forum..I have been here nearly 5 years, lol. I am only correcting some of the misinformation and trying to respond and guide users in a more correct direction without being biased in my approach. I honestly have no idea why people say some of the things they do without having any kind of vested interest in the school or person of interest. Just for the fun of it, the ALL CAPS response was a way to express a sarcastic tone..not a serious, angry tone haha. It would be silly for me to get mad over a forum board.

I think your generalization of what research is or "should be" is kind of careless. Just because you are probably unaware of the background research and development projects that goes into health policy doesn't meat it isn't important or it isn't as prevalent as you lead us to believe. I would also like to make another point, too, you could probably argue that 95% of DO schools don't even offer research on a serious basis (made that number up, but I would bet it is close). Research is good for a student no matter what it is. It teaches invaluable lessons for their education and dedication to certain skill sets. You keep throwing around all of these funding codes and whatnot, I am not going to pretend to know what it all means since I have only written one grant proposal in my 6 years of college, but NMSU is designated as one of the better science research institutes in the nation (will provide source if needed, I will have to look it up again). I love the idea that a school requires research to graduate, I would rather have something than nothing at all.

Lastly, what Burrell does has nothing to do with how BCOM will turn out as far as opening other medical school. Every medical school makes a profit in the United States - a "for-profit" status doesn't mean they are in it just for the money. There are thousands of "for-profit" hospitals that do extremely well and are extremely advanced in their respective fields. For-profit only really tells you that someone has put their own money into that school or hospital and they expect a return. So, instead of that return going to the state, it goes to an investor or share-holder. Burrell is a massive real-estate developer and multi-billionaire. Investors usually don't take on one project and sit on it for years and years, they go on to the next big thing. Burrell seems to really care about the field of medicine and he seems genuine in wanting to provide the money to help boost programs to further the advancement of healthcare in places of need. Burrell may be on the board at BCOM, but BCOM is it's own entity and what the Burrell family does after BCOM will have no effect on the students.

Uh and either do you.... Sorry we are erring on the side of caution rather than declaring it the GOAT.

I am not the one making specific claims. If I make a claim about BCOM, then I most likely DO know what I am talking about. I am responding to they nay sayers out there who are saying things that hold no fuctual truth, but rather end up being opinions and assumptions led to be as "true." I honestly think it is silly to see people saying so much about BCOM. Just let the school do what it is supposed to do and sit back and watch...should be interesting in the next few years to come.

I admit that I was excited about the research at BCOM, but I don't know why it gets overhyped so much on here. It's the students doing it btw, not BCOM. I specifically talked about some stuff I was interested in researching during my interview and they very blatantly explained to me that while bench work might be a possibility, most if not all of their research will be case reports and not big experimental stuff. They explained that if you find a way to go bigger then you definitely have full support, but not to get your hopes up about writing some groundbreaking paper in physiology or anything. You will get the opportunity to use resources at nmsu.

Again, I think everything BCOM is doing is great for a new school and it's going to be awesome for the region. But let's not make this out to be more than it is, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is absolutely correct. BCOM cannot expect every student to be require to make some ground breaking research. They just require their students to do research and attempt to publish a paper of some sort (don't quote me, I am going off old memory). It is not meant to be ground breaking, but if you want to you can team up with anyone in the area as long as it is in line with BCOM and the researcher.

I think your generalization of what research is or "should be" is kind of careless. Just because you are probably unaware of the background research and development projects that goes into health policy doesn't meat it isn't important or it isn't as prevalent as you lead us to believe. I would also like to make another point, too, you could probably argue that 95% of DO schools don't even offer research on a serious basis (made that number up, but I would bet it is close). Research is good for a student no matter what it is. It teaches invaluable lessons for their education and dedication to certain skill sets. You keep throwing around all of these funding codes and whatnot, I am not going to pretend to know what it all means since I have only written one grant proposal in my 6 years of college, but NMSU is designated as one of the better science research institutes in the nation (will provide source if needed, I will have to look it up again). I love the idea that a school requires research to graduate, I would rather have something than nothing at all.

I never stated research inst "should be" in basic sciences or clinical sciences but relied simply on the observations that the majority of medical schools have research in the basic and clinical sciences. I agree that most DO schools don't stand a chance in terms of comparing them to any MD school but that's not what I am stating. I'm asserting the fact that many go on here and state "BCOM is better because it will have great research" when in reality that it should be "BCOM does not have strong research in the basic sciences or clinical sciences, but they will have a health policy research inst and will require all their students to do a research project"

Would really appreciate the source that NMSU is designated as one of the better science research institutes in the nation. Compared to what? Sloan Kettering? MD Anderson? UNM Health Science? Fred Hutch? Salk Institute? UCLA? A fairly unknown state university?

I'm puzzled that you see the word R01 as some sort of mystical "funding code" but no matter. It's a source of funding given to researchers deemed to be independent investigators by various institutes within the umbrella of NIH. It's one of the largest if not the largest source of funding given to researchers in medical schools.

Reactions: 1 user
So, I've been away from SDN for... a while. Came back and noticed this thread was stilllll treanding lol.

Just wanted to add that everything is wayyyyyyy exaggerated on SDN. There is some kind of a warped universe in here. lol
Here's the reality: a DO school is a DO school; unless if LUCOM.
Sure there are pros and cons to each, but unless you're shooting for rad onc (or something like that), they're purely experiential and negligible in result.

Trust me, most MD PDs won't know the difference between PCOM and BCOM. lol. They'll just see that you're a DO, and that's that.

Regarding the bolded, I frankly still do not get the hatred lucom gets in sdn. Is it only their religious affiliation? If you are not comfortable with their mission, then do not apply. How can all of you lucom bashers comment about their curriculum as well so confidently? Apart from few incidents I've read in sdn, what else has this school done to deserve so much disrespect? Not trying to be a jerk, just need some honest opinion

I never stated research inst "should be" in basic sciences or clinical sciences but relied simply on the observations that the majority of medical schools have research in the basic and clinical sciences. I agree that most DO schools don't stand a chance in terms of comparing them to any MD school but that's not what I am stating. I'm asserting the fact that many go on here and state "BCOM is better because it will have great research" when in reality that it should be "BCOM does not have strong research in the basic sciences or clinical sciences, but they will have a health policy research inst and will require all their students to do a research project"

Would really appreciate the source that NMSU is designated as one of the better science research institutes in the nation. Compared to what? Sloan Kettering? MD Anderson? UNM Health Science? Fred Hutch? Salk Institute? UCLA? A fairly unknown state university?

I'm puzzled that you see the word R01 as some sort of mystical "funding code" but no matter. It's a source of funding given to researchers deemed to be independent investigators by various institutes within the umbrella of NIH. It's one of the largest if not the largest source of funding given to researchers in medical schools.

Anyone who comes on here and says that BCOM is going to have a top notch research facility is sadly mistaken. The research facility is a nice addition, but in all honestly I have no intention of being a big part of that institute if I do end up at BCOM.

Lol, I am not saying that Ro1 is a "mystical funding code," I was simply referring to all of the types of funding you can achieve, the names for each grant type and the proposals for each type of grant. I was taking into account the whole idea of research grants and funding when I made that comment.

As for the research classification, I am not trying to say this holds a ton of water - I was sent an e-mail from my university announcing the new designation of our University with respect to the Carnegie Classification system. Knowing what I know about my University (we are very good in Biological and Nanotech research) I compared NMSUand sure enough NMSU was classified as being more qualified and "better" in terms of research production and preparedness. I am curious as to how you analyze this or if you think it is irrelevant.
Source: http://carnegieclassifications.iu.e...=standard.php&backurl=standard.php&limit=0,50

NMSU: http://carnegieclassifications.iu.e..._page=standard.php&clq={"basic2005_ids":"16"}

Regarding the bolded, I frankly still do not get the hatred lucom gets in sdn. Is it only their religious affiliation? If you are not comfortable with their mission, then do not apply. How can all of you lucom bashers comment about their curriculum as well so confidently? Apart from few incidents I've read in sdn, what else has this school done to deserve so much disrespect? Not trying to be a jerk, just need some honest opinion

I am not going to get into this too in-depth, because this is not really where my interests reside, but from what I have heard there is pretty good evidence of their curriculum being based more on faith at times than actual medicine and then LUCOM is known nationwide for their extreme views and such.

I am not going to get into this too in-depth, because this is not really where my interests reside, but from what I have heard there is pretty good evidence of their curriculum being based more on faith at times than actual medicine and then LUCOM is known nationwide for their extreme views and such.
You mean the main Liberty Univ? Whatever president Falwell expressed recently in news has nothing to do with LUCOM. I recently read few posts how lucom has so many muslim students and how they are welcoming to all ethnicities. These ignorant posts are why I am really confused about the hatred that lucom receives in sdn. Their curriculum I believe had one incident incorporating faith into it (based on the previous sdn posts I have read).

The truth is that BCOM made promises to students and the community and the ball is in their court. They need to prove themselves.

Anyone who comes on here and says that BCOM is going to have a top notch research facility is sadly mistaken. The research facility is a nice addition, but in all honestly I have no intention of being a big part of that institute if I do end up at BCOM.

Lol, I am not saying that Ro1 is a "mystical funding code," I was simply referring to all of the types of funding you can achieve, the names for each grant type and the proposals for each type of grant. I was taking into account the whole idea of research grants and funding when I made that comment.

As for the research classification, I am not trying to say this holds a ton of water - I was sent an e-mail from my university announcing the new designation of our University with respect to the Carnegie Classification system. Knowing what I know about my University (we are very good in Biological and Nanotech research) I compared NMSUand sure enough NMSU was classified as being more qualified and "better" in terms of research production and preparedness. I am curious as to how you analyze this or if you think it is irrelevant.
Source: http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/srp.php?clq={"basic2005_ids":"16"}&start_page=standard.php&backurl=standard.php&limit=0,50

NMSU: http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/view_institution.php?unit_id=188030&start_page=standard.php&clq={"basic2005_ids":"16"}

I know very little about the Carnegie Classification and after reading its description am not sure what it is utilizing as the basis for its classification but all I can see is that this is to classify schools and that's it. I do not see where it says it is "better" than other schools. I see "higher" research activity which really means nothing. Higher compared to what? It has not way of showing that comparison as I don't think this system is for that but simply to categorize schools bases on what they have or don't have.

NMSU has 4 R15 projects (NIH defines this as "small-scale research projects at educational institutions that provide baccalaureate or advanced degrees for a significant number of the Nation’s research scientists but that have not been major recipients of NIH support."), a few SC1 and SC2 projects specifically designated for underserved students, an R03 (small grant), and a single R01. You can compare that to any other public school with a medical school affiliate and see that despite the research output statements given by carnigie, the amount of funded research at NMSU is low. Now yes, NMSU has research going and that's great but let me ask, do you really think there will be room for those 150 medical students that don't want to do health policy research to enter these handful of small research labs that are probably already support undergraduate premeds? You can only so many volunteers into a lab.

Here is my source: https://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter_SearchResults.cfm?icde=29029681

You are seriously mistaken, lol. I am in no way a BCOM warrior. You act as if BCOM is the only school to a

Your novel length posts would suggest otherwise. All we are saying is that caution is the best route to go. We would say the same of any new school.

No, I turned down other schools for BCOM and I have an interview coming up that

I know, see my positive post I left you in another thread. No one is dismissing your personal achievements so stop acting like we think you scraped into BCOM with a 2.7/490. We know that isn't true, you have had the sort of success I hope to have next cycle.

If you took that work ethic comment to heart then maybe you do have a bit of a problem? I'm not saying you do, but you sure did take it personal haha. Also, you have no idea what the assignments are, because to say they are "essays" is just crazy. Have fun, friend.

You are way overthinking this. It was a ridiculous comment and I called you out on it, pure and simple. How is that me "sure taking it personal?"

Another poster confirmed that they were essays.

I will repeat this for what feels the zillionth time: we are not bashing on BCOM. We are saying we are skeptical of some of their claims and are saying we would like to wait for proof before we believe it. That is all. I would personally choose BCOM over most of the new schools opening up currently, but that doesn't mean I can't have a cautious approach. You are right, the next couple of years will be interesting to watch.

I know very little about the Carnegie Classification and after reading its description am not sure what it is utilizing as the basis for its classification but all I can see is that this is to classify schools and that's it. I do not see where it says it is "better" than other schools. I see "higher" research activity which really means nothing. Higher compared to what? It has not way of showing that comparison as I don't think this system is for that but simply to categorize schools bases on what they have or don't have.

NMSU has 4 R15 projects (NIH defines this as "small-scale research projects at educational institutions that provide baccalaureate or advanced degrees for a significant number of the Nation’s research scientists but that have not been major recipients of NIH support."), a few SC1 and SC2 projects specifically designated for underserved students, an R03 (small grant), and a single R01. You can compare that to any other public school with a medical school affiliate and see that despite the research output statements given by carnigie, the amount of funded research at NMSU is low. Now yes, NMSU has research going and that's great but let me ask, do you really think there will be room for those 150 medical students that don't want to do health policy research to enter these handful of small research labs that are probably already support undergraduate premeds? You can only so many volunteers into a lab.

Here is my source: https://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter_SearchResults.cfm?icde=29029681
I didn't actively seek out this information in the beginning, so basically when I saw the post from my school I figured I would check out where NMSU stands among other universities. There are many categorizations, obviously MIT and Harvard are classified among the "highest" category but NMSU is in the "higher" category where other respectable schools are, like Baylor. I have no idea what they plan to do for the research, because if you think about it there will be anywhere upwards of 600 students doing research at any given time, but who knows!

Your novel length posts would suggest otherwise. All we are saying is that caution is the best route to go. We would say the same of any new school.

I know, see my positive post I left you in another thread. No one is dismissing your personal achievements so stop acting like we think you scraped into BCOM with a 2.7/490. We know that isn't true, you have had the sort of success I hope to have next cycle.

You are way overthinking this. It was a ridiculous comment and I called you out on it, pure and simple. How is that me "sure taking it personal?"

I will repeat this for what feels the zillionth time: we are not bashing on BCOM. We are saying we are skeptical of some of their claims and are saying we would like to wait for proof before we believe it. That is all. I would personally choose BCOM over most of the new schools opening up currently, but that doesn't mean I can't have a cautious approach. You are right, the next couple of years will be interesting to watch.

My novel length posts are typical for any response I may give depending on how much I have to say on that topic. I like to make sure my responses are fluent and really gets my point across in a comprehensive manner. I really do enjoy debating intelligently with other people, so long as it is kept friendly! :)

There is one essay, but there are questions we have been assigned to as well. But, it doesn't look that bad.

I understand you guys/girls are skeptical of this University, but when reading some of the posts on the topic of BCOM it seems like some people stray from that idea and lean more towards bashing or critiquing BCOM with no foundation to base their claims (not saying you did this). I would reply in the same manner even if this was a totally different school because this is not about my and the "protection" of my school's ego. My response to this thread is in spite of some of the misleading posts that I felt needed a bit of clarification for the most part.

As of right now, no one knows what to expect from BCOM..not even the students. People are excited, which they should be, but future student should not blow this way out of proportion with claims that BCOM is something bigger than it really is just as the nay sayers should give BCOM a chance to show people what they are made of. Geeze I am having a terrible time keeping my eyes open. Nice talking to everyone. I hope there are no hard feelings :D

There are many categorizations, obviously MIT and Harvard are classified among the "highest" category but NMSU is in the "higher" category where other respectable schools are, like Baylor.

See I just can't understand why NMSU would be ranked next to Baylor when the amount of funding to Baylor's College of Medicine and Research Institute outnumber NMSU exponentially (they have hundreds of R01 grants which stand as THE grant to obtain as a research investigator).

I think the comparisons are off if you are comparing just NMSU and Baylor undergraduate research since most of Baylor's research is honed in to medical research.

No matter. At least we both agree that BCOM is not going to be some advanced research hub and that students who are seeking to pursue an academic career where basic science research is a strong part of such, then they should try and seek a different DO school that is at least in the vicinity of strong research institutions (KCU is nearby KU Med, UMKC, Stowers).

See I just can't understand why NMSU would be ranked next to Baylor when the amount of funding to Baylor's College of Medicine and Research Institute outnumber NMSU exponentially (they have hundreds of R01 grants which stand as THE grant to obtain as a research investigator).

I think the comparisons are off if you are comparing just NMSU and Baylor undergraduate research since most of Baylor's research is honed in to medical research.

No matter. At least we both agree that BCOM is not going to be some advanced research hub and that students who are seeking to pursue an academic career where basic science research is a strong part of such, then they should try and seek a different DO school that is at least in the vicinity of strong research institutions (KCU is nearby KU Med, UMKC, Stowers).

I second that. Finally, some common ground we can agree with hahaha! Nah, I am kidding.

I hope you have some great success as well Anatomygrey.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile