2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying application under review and this:

"Greetings! We just wanted to let you know that we do see your application and we are working on some items that will make your application experience better. We will begin interviewing in August and you will be notified and invited to interview!

Please contact our office with any questions."

Reactions: 1 users

"Greetings! We just wanted to let you know that we do see your application and we are working on some items that will make your application experience better. We will begin interviewing in August and you will be notified and invited to interview!

Complete & Verified date?

Got the same email today.

I received this email as well. So this is confirmation that we will be getting an interview invite sometime soon?

Does liberty screen out below 499 MCAT scores? Since their secondaries are combined , do I bother applying with a 498?
In the past they’ve said that they interview applicants with scores >500 first, then if there are seats still available they’ll look at candidates <500. Just to say if you do decide to apply, expect to wait awhile before you get an interview. However, if you’re planning a retake you can update your app and send them an email and possibly move up the list.

Reactions: 1 user
Rising 4th year, happy to answer any questions or DMs.
1. Do you have any say in rotation sites or is it for the most part lottery?
2. How are the research opportunities for the more competitive specialties?

Thanks in advance!!

1. Do you have any say in rotation sites or is it for the most part lottery?
2. How are the research opportunities for the more competitive specialties?

Thanks in advance!!
1. The rotation site lottery is like a mini match. You’ll have a site day where all the site representatives come or do a big zoom meeting and talk up their site and why you should choose them. Then you’ll submit a rank list and LUCOM tries to match everyone as high on their list as possible. There’s an opportunity to submit exemptions for students with spouses working in the area or children, and a chance to swap spots after the lottery.

2. LUCOM is building their research program and has their own publication, poster presentation research day, and researchers travel to conference (funded!) to present and compete with other students. They have dedicated faculty to work on projects with and upper classmen are starting to organize their own research as PIs also.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey just got an email saying I'll be receiving another email within 24 to 48 hours to set up an interview!!!

Hey just got an email saying I'll be receiving another email within 24 to 48 hours to set up an interview!!!

Did you get access to the portal yet? Got the email like the one you got, but not a portal access email.

Worth sending app in if I didn't make the 123 cutoff for CARS?
Yeah why not, CARS is horse**** and tanks a lot of peoples mcats (mine included 123 cars here). Hope most of these adcoms realize that. Sciences should take precedent

Did you get access to the portal yet? Got the email like the one you got, but not a portal access email.
Okay I'm thinking they will send then on Monday maybe? I guess it's the weekend and that's why? If anything changes I'll let you all know.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay I'm thinking they will send then on Monday maybe? I guess it's the weekend and that's why? If anything changes I'll let you all know.

Awesome. I’ll do the same

Update to all. I spoke with the school and they were having some technical difficulties getting the email out. They said hopefully later today or tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Update to all. I spoke with the school and they were having some technical difficulties getting the email out. They said hopefully later today or tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it. I was starting to get worried I’d gotten the email by mistake or something lol.

Just got my second email and II invite !

it seems like they are sending out an II invite to everyone... i believe its a part of their application process? because secondary application fee is attached to the II invite email.

it seems like they are sending out an II invite to everyone... i believe its a part of their application process? because secondary application fee is attached to the II invite email.
no clue. but i doubt they interview 5000 or whatever amount of apps they get even if only 50% were qualified

How long did it take for you to be able to access the application after claiming the account?

doubt it as well... but strange that they send out their secondary and interview in the same email

Their secondary questions were on the primary. So they did not have a traditional secondary.

I’m still waiting

Hm ok. Yeah I’m stuck on this screen:
IMG_6896.jpg

How long did it take for you to be able to access the application after claiming the account?
It's Been about 40 minutes since I claimed it. I still can't get in. Has anyone else been able to?

It's Been about 40 minutes since I claimed it. I still can't get in. Has anyone else been able to?

Same. I’m trying their IT help desk since it’s still open

Okay let us know if you have any luck. I don't want to blow up their phones lol.

I’ll probably just keep trying every once in a while this evening. And then if I don’t have access by tomorrow afternoon I’ll call I guess?

I’ll probably just keep trying every once in a while this evening. And then if I don’t have access by tomorrow afternoon I’ll call I guess?
Same here I think that's pretty reasonable. Must be having a lot of technical issues on their end.