2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Praying for movement today or this week 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
That’s what happens when you have a minimum 500 MCAT for a brand new school… SMH
MCAT of 500 can get you in few DO schools that are up and running for a while and where one can have access to Federal loans. Heard that the DEAN of OCOM [he was ex DEAN at ICOM earlier] has mandated this minimum 500 requirement. Plus OCOM will have virtual anatomy and no lectures, most likely students will be given some online content to study on their own.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who have gotten off the WL, what time have you been getting calls/emails? I need to know when you’ll give up hope for the day lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have gotten off the WL, what time have you been getting calls/emails? I need to know when you’ll give up hope for the day lol
Please don’t ever give up hope :( I actually got the email at like 6:40 pm (I’m in EST though) so that’s prob around 3-4pm in NM. I then got the call like 20-30 minutes later at around 7 pm EST. Hope this helps!

NEVERMIND I JUST GOT THE A THANK YOU GOD

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A to the NM campus!! Interviewed 2/14, WL 2/28. As someone w a 3.0 gpa and 503 mcat who almost gave up on her dream, your stats DO NOT define you. Never ever give up<3

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats all!! Anyone else waiting to hear back for WL? & Did they specify campus?

Does anyone know how many spots are left in their NM & FL campus and how big the WL is? Interviewed on Monday 5/31.

Withdrawing my A, hope it goes to one of yall! Best of luck to everybody!!

Recently submitted my secondary... am i cooked?
You may need to put on some seasoning and flip yourself 😭 But in all seriousness, I’m not saying it’s impossible to get an II and an A, the odds aren’t exactly in your favor when submitting a secondary this late in this current cycle.

• Haha
What's their last date for interviewing? Seems like they have a very huge WL already...

Reactions: 2 users
Hi y'all. Just finished first year. Message me if you have any questions about first year logistics and advice!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey around what time do they usually send out decisions? I interviewed 5/13 and they said they'd send out decisions in 2 weeks but I haven't seen anything yet

Hey around what time do they usually send out decisions? I interviewed 5/13 and they said they'd send out decisions in 2 weeks but I haven't seen anything yet
You’ll probably get your decision tomorrow with (or before) us 5/14ers since they were out of office today. I’m just assuming tho. Good luck!

Has anyone heard from the WL? Too quiet
I'm not on the WL but I interviewed 5/13 and still haven't heard back. I'm assuming some of the WL folks will receive an update shortly after we receive our decisions today.

Reactions: 1 users
if we even get them today, it feels like we won’t tbh
I know some of the people who interviewed months ago received their decisions around 7 PM EST so there's still a chance we'll hear back today. but yeah if we don't receive anything within the next hour then I'm afraid we won't hear back until tomorrow/later this week :/