Best DAT 2016 Study Materials/Tools & Study Plans Any advice would be great.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denraham

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have about 2-3 months to study for the DATs + no other commitments. I've been researching the past few days and finding it taking longer than I thought to narrow down the list of tools I need.
It is a huge investment for me so I would like to make sure I have the best tools that will be sifficient in preparing me to get a high score on the test. I have a 3.1 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA, so I am really reaching for the stars and trying to get a high DAT score to make me a more competitive applicant.

If anyone could provide insight on which study materials they found useful for which subjects, I would really appreciate it.

Also, if there was a study plan that you found was really good..

What I've narrowed it down to so far:
DAT Destroyer (GC, OChem, Quant)
Kaplan Blue Book (Bio, GC, OChem)
Cliff's AP Bio (Bio)
Chad's videos (GC, OChem)
Predds.net (Bio)
Ferrali's notes (Bio)

Still researching:
DAT Bootcamp
DAT Achiever
Top Score
Crack DAT PAT
DAT QVault
Organic Chemistry as a Second Language

Would also really appreciate it if you could provide any insight on the ones I am still researching about (if I should get it or not)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan blue book isn't great. Bootcamp is superb. Datqvault bio is a must in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Trust me you don't want to utilize every single resource. IMHO, this is all you need:

BIO: Cliffs AP + Feralis Notes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

Chem: Chads Videos/Quizzes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

Orgo: Chads Videos/Quizzes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

PAT: Bootcamp + CRACK DAT PAT (much easier, so use at the start to learn the PAT game)

Math: Math Destroyer + Dat Destroyer (Exam is somewhere in the middle in difficulty)

Reading: Bootcamp (Your reading skills can not be drastically improved as they have been developed over many years... just familiarize yourself with the section and practice so that you have some sort of strategy come test day.. this section comes down to a bit of luck)

Additionally:

- I bought Kaplan Blue and opened it like twice. Crappy material relative to what is available and a complete waste of money on my end.
- Achiever is overkill and strays far away from the tested material... I'd pass on it
- QVault: Not bad overall for bio/math/reading/PAT practice... but I'd only get it if you really need more practice at the end of your studies and have the time/mental energy
- Orgo as 2nd Language: You should have the basics of orgo under your belt after taking organic 1 + 2. Use Chad for re-cap and destroyer/bootcamp for practice.

MAJOR TIP: Don't neglect the non-science sections and work on them from the very beginning!!!

Strategy: Phase I - Learn Content + Learn PAT/QR/Reading (No time constraints)
Phase II - Cycle Content/Fill in Gaps + Practice all sections (with time constraints)
Phase III - Cycle Content + Take Practice Tests

May the force be with you :horns:

Reactions: 5 users
Trust me you don't want to utilize every single resource. IMHO, this is all you need:

BIO: Cliffs AP + Feralis Notes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

Chem: Chads Videos/Quizzes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

Orgo: Chads Videos/Quizzes + Destroyer + Bootcamp

PAT: Bootcamp + CRACK DAT PAT (much easier, so use at the start to learn the PAT game)

Math: Math Destroyer + Dat Destroyer (Exam is somewhere in the middle in difficulty)

Reading: Bootcamp (Your reading skills can not be drastically improved as they have been developed over many years... just familiarize yourself with the section and practice so that you have some sort of strategy come test day.. this section comes down to a bit of luck)

Additionally:

- I bought Kaplan Blue and opened it like twice. Crappy material relative to what is available and a complete waste of money on my end.
- Achiever is overkill and strays far away from the tested material... I'd pass on it
- QVault: Not bad overall for bio/math/reading/PAT practice... but I'd only get it if you really need more practice at the end of your studies and have the time/mental energy
- Orgo as 2nd Language: You should have the basics of orgo under your belt after taking organic 1 + 2. Use Chad for re-cap and destroyer/bootcamp for practice.

MAJOR TIP: Don't neglect the non-science sections and work on them from the very beginning!!!

Strategy: Phase I - Learn Content + Learn PAT/QR/Reading (No time constraints)
Phase II - Cycle Content/Fill in Gaps + Practice all sections (with time constraints)
Phase III - Cycle Content + Take Practice Tests

May the force be with you :horns:

You are awesome. :claps:

Reactions: 1 user