Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to test this theory 😛cookies and milk might go further than you think![]()
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I need to test this theory 😛cookies and milk might go further than you think![]()
Just received an interview invite OSU, IS applicant, anyone else?? 🙂
Anyone else lay in bed unable to sleep because you're thinking of answers to possible interview questions?? 😱![]()
Anyone else lay in bed unable to sleep because you're thinking of answers to possible interview questions?? 😱![]()
Every moment of my life is the answer to a potential interview question. While I was on the bus reading my Animal Physiology textbook, I came up with "if you were any cell in the body, which one would you be?" If they ask that one, I'm in the mix!
Oy. Guess it would depend *how* they killed it? Gosh, I hope I'm not asked that..."What do you do if your tech kills a dog?"
"Oh, that's easy, kill the tech"
Wrong answer? Hah I'm wondering what the diplomatic answer to this would be?
"What do you do if your tech kills a dog?"
"Oh, that's easy, kill the tech"
Wrong answer? Hah I'm wondering what the diplomatic answer to this would be?
Was this an actual interview question?
The answer that comes to mind would be taking responsibility, and not throwing your tech under the bus to save yourself. Ultimately, it's your license and you are responsible for everything that happens to a patient. Thoroughly evaluate the situation to determine where the miscommunication was and adjust treatment protocols if necessary to prevent a future incident.
Oy. Guess it would depend *how* they killed it? Gosh, I hope I'm not asked that...
I don't know about you guys, but I've been working on strengthening my application for next year. I'm only planning to apply twice, so I want to make sure my application is stronger next year in case I'm not accepted this year. I think one of the weaker aspects of my application is that I usually only take around 12 units per quarter, so this year I'm taking 16 units each quarter. I've had to cut down on my volunteer hours a bit as a result, but I have a lot of hours already so I'm not too worried about that. I'm also working really hard to make sure my last 45 unit GPA is better than last year.

Wow. I'll be thinking about this throughout the day, and asking around, I'm sure, but I would absolutely confront them (just not in front of clients or other staff) and probably report if he/she was unwilling to rectify the situation. But I'd definitely give them the chance to make things right on their own.
This (hypothetical) situation is definitely something, which should NEVER happen...
Yep! I haven't been called for any interviews yet, but am still practicing and thinking in preparation. Mock interviews are great 😀 What else did she ask you?
hey... so is there an official acceptance thread? im curious to find out where everyone is getting in! 🙂
This (hypothetical) situation is definitely something, which should NEVER happen. First of all, euthanasia should never be stored in an unlocked easily accessible area. Next, bottles should not be stored next to common injectables. Usually, I think, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between euthanasia because its deadly, fluorescent coloring and other medications, but perhaps those are the only types I've seen. Anyway... mistakes do happen and need to be owned up to no matter how embarrassing. The vet lying in this case is a pretty big breach of ethics at least in my opinion.
I also find it highly unlikely that they will start asking specific things about the immune system or how a certain pathology occurs, this is something you will learn in vet school. I understand asking a basic question as maybe a check on the experiences they listed, but going into a ton of detail is a bit unnecessary. If a school is asking these things, something seems odd to me, they should be using that time to get to know you, not testing your knowledge on things that you will learn once in school. Just my opinion.
Fair enough, I did ask her to be as harsh as possible with me, so I think she went over the top (she asked me interview questions for a full hour and a half, and then gave me another ten minutes of answering some of my questions). And she did say that when she was grilling students on slightly more in-depth questions, she didn't expect most to be able to answer more than the very basic stuff, it's just if I wanted to really wow them, I should be able to go a bit further if they ask me it. But also that I should keep my answers short and succinct, and answering exactly what they asked (in case I babble on and say something incorrect).
Anyways, I figure the more prep the better! I'm just so nervous and stressed over waiting on hearing back from more schools, this is giving me a really good distraction. 🙂
Do you mind me asking what your GPA was?If you look at the accepted applicants threads, you can get an idea of what the stats are for people accepted to various schools. There are a number of people (including myself) who get in with low GPAs. That's not to say that you shouldn't want to improve yours, but it can be done!
Do you mind me asking what your GPA was?
It definitely is good to know a little more but if you don't know every detail, it won't kill you. They definitely don't expect you to know all that. That being said, my interviewer (who is now one of my micro professors) did ask me what specific bacteria or yeast species causes otitis externa and I had no clue. I knew that infections were generally a yeast and cocci but that's about it.
Haha that kind of question doesn't make me feel comfortable for my interview! Were you a swimmer by any chance?? Or did he just decide to throw something at you??
Makes it difficult to make plans to see family for christmas when you're waiting to see if you have an interview or not!
Do schools require you to submit your fall 2013 grades? Let's just say this past semester hasn't been going so hot. I was wondering if that would affect my chances for admission?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.