California Pre-Osteopath a disadvantage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LincolnTwins

Oh no this is not what I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that being a Pre-Allopth from California hurts one for MD admissions, I was wondering if the same is true for DO admissions.

Do DO schools favor instate applicants? How much?

For schools that have MCAT scores in the low-20's, will they consider a Cali applicants in the mid-20's?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that being a Pre-Allopth from California hurts one for MD admissions, I was wondering if the same is true for DO admissions.

For schools that have MCAT scores in the low-20's, will they consider a Cali applicants in the mid-20's?

Well your DO options for California are Western and Touro-MI. Both those are private (I think) so technically you shouldn't have preference as an instate, but I'm pretty sure living in CA with good stats gives you a good chance at both. The thing about the MD schools in CA is that SOOOOO many people with stellar stats apply. If you look at the UC schools for example, they have an extremely strong instate bias (most above 90% in state), but so many people with great stats apply that it makes it so hard to get into.

no. some do, depends on the school. yes.

Like others have said, Touro and Western are both private schools, and really don't have instate preference. However, the majority of the WesternU/COMP classes are comprised of students from California.

http://westernu.edu/xp/edu/comp/do_profile.xml