2023-2024 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMS 1 here. More than happy to answer any questions u have
Hey! just wondering if you could kinda tell us about your overall experience at this school so far (culture, curriculum, schedule, campus, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

How are rotation sites and 3rd year in general? Also are lectures mandatory or how much free time do you have daily?

Hey! just wondering if you could kinda tell us about your overall experience at this school so far (culture, curriculum, schedule, campus, etc.)?
The student body culture is very supportive. Our second years help us navigate so much since the beginning of the school and we hope to do the same when you guys come here. Coming to the curriculum, it’s a system based, flip classroom style. If u had ur interview, the classes are the same as where u did the chilli pepper thing. The schedule is a bit hectic as we have classes like medical Spanish, nutrition. It’s mostly 8-5 with like two hours break in between from Monday-Thursday and we get off at 2/3 on Fridays. It’s a new school, not a big campus. It’s definitely big enough to accommodate the students needs.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Canceling my interview, I hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 1 users
The student body culture is very supportive. Our second years help us navigate so much since the beginning of the school and we hope to do the same when you guys come here. Coming to the curriculum, it’s a system based, flip classroom style. If u had ur interview, the classes are the same as where u did the chilli pepper thing. The schedule is a bit hectic as we have classes like medical Spanish, nutrition. It’s mostly 8-5 with like two hours break in between from Monday-Thursday and we get off at 2/3 on Fridays. It’s a new school, not a big campus. It’s definitely big enough to accommodate the students needs.
Is attendance mandatory?

Acceptance call Friday afternoon. Originally waitlisted in November .

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just completed my interview with CHSU after receiving the II yesterday. 🤞

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you feel about it???
I really enjoyed it. Felt like they were really trying to get to know me. I know it’s wild but if I waited a week there would be less available seats I feel.

I was interviewed 2/6 and am also still waiting...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm curious. For those of you who also received a WL decision recently, did your email look like this? Seems like there may be a rank?

The CHSU-COM Admissions Committee has reviewed your portfolio and the decision has been made to place you on the waiting list for the CHSU-COM Class of 2028, pending seat availability. This means that we would like to offer you a seat in the class, but don't have the available spots at this time. As soon as seats become available, you are one of the next students we plan to call.

I'm curious. For those of you who also received a WL decision recently, did your email look like this? Seems like there may be a rank?

The CHSU-COM Admissions Committee has reviewed your portfolio and the decision has been made to place you on the waiting list for the CHSU-COM Class of 2028, pending seat availability. This means that we would like to offer you a seat in the class, but don't have the available spots at this time. As soon as seats become available, you are one of the next students we plan to call.
Mine was worded the same, got WL end of January

Is this school still sending out IIs? There doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum so I would assume yes, but it's also getting late in the cycle

Current OMS-1 here. If yall have any questions feel free to ask. Ill try my best to respond! :)

Interviewed 2/20, waitlisted early this morning.

Mine was a bit different though and sounds more like a soft rejection LOL

"The CHSU-COM Admissions Committee has reviewed your portfolio and the decision has been made to place you on the waiting list for the CHSU-COM Class of 2028.
Please know that we still hope to have you as part of the incoming class pending seat availability. As you are still an active candidate for admission at CHSU-COM, feel free to update your credentials with any new materials or information. Please make updates to your application by uploading documents through the Documents section in your AMP portal. There is potential for any applicant on the waiting list to be offered a seat in the class prior to the first day of Orientation for the Class of 2028 (i.e. prior to July 16, 2024)."

Interviewed 2/20, waitlisted early this morning.

Mine was a bit different though and sounds more like a soft rejection LOL

"The CHSU-COM Admissions Committee has reviewed your portfolio and the decision has been made to place you on the waiting list for the CHSU-COM Class of 2028.
Please know that we still hope to have you as part of the incoming class pending seat availability. As you are still an active candidate for admission at CHSU-COM, feel free to update your credentials with any new materials or information. Please make updates to your application by uploading documents through the Documents section in your AMP portal. There is potential for any applicant on the waiting list to be offered a seat in the class prior to the first day of Orientation for the Class of 2028 (i.e. prior to July 16, 2024)."
Mine also sounded like this.

OOS II just now, will not be pursuing. Good luck out there y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there any point in interviewing here this late? It sounds like WL spots are all that's left.

Got a call saying I was accepted off the waitlist! Previously got the email saying I would be one of the next that they would call on the WL

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you !! Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of this cycle!

Reactions: 6 users
just withdrew my WL spot, best of luck to you guys!

Just got an II, OOS, what are my chances? I really want to go to Cali. My only tie if you count it is I went to UCSB for a year… will that increase my chances? Also, how was the interview for you all? What are some tips? Thank you!

Last edited:
Just got an II, OOS, what are my chances? I really want to go to Cali. My only tie if you count it is I went to UCSB for a year… will that increase my chances? Also, how was the interview for you all? What are some tips? Thank you!
interview is conversational, but i believe they're interviewing for WL rn and probably the tail end of it (this is speculation) - worth a shot lol