2023-2024 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email for an info session starting with "Ready to start your journey to becoming a DO?" ... like yes! Please reply to my application! :(

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Literally such a fake out… ugh I hate when med schools do that

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do they take to make a decision on your application after the interview?? I believe they said two weeks but wanted to check with others. Lmk pls

How long do they take to make a decision on your application after the interview?? I believe they said two weeks but wanted to check with others. Lmk pls

2 weeks

Reactions: 1 user
IS II Primary sent 07/24 secondary complete 08/28. Lizzy Score 65.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received! Application completed 9/11/2023.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received, signed up for an afternoon sesh in mid Oct. I've never been anywhere near the west coast, let alone Cali itself, so I'm seriously hyped for this one 🙏

Reactions: 3 users
got the acceptance call today! this was a complete shock to me, still processing it all but so endlessly grateful and excited to hopefully meet some of you!
OOS: Complete 9/5, II received 9/13, did the interview on 9/19, and got the call on 10/3 ahhhhhh

Last edited:
  • Love
got the acceptance call today! this was a complete shock to me, still processing it all but so endlessly grateful and excited to hopefully meet some of you!
OOS: Complete 9/5, II received 9/13, did the interview on 9/19, and got the call at 2:02 PT on 10/3 ahhhhhh
Congrats!! I interviewed 9/20 and should be finding out tomorrow... this wait is killing me lol

Do they call you if youre rejected/WL too? or only call if you are accepted?

Congrats!! I interviewed 9/20 and should be finding out tomorrow... this wait is killing me lol
thanks! i totally get it i was anxiously checking my email all day long and picked up every single random phone call i got today haha sending positive vibes to you :)

• Love
OOS: Complete 9/5, II received 9/13, did the interview on 9/19, and got the call at 2:02 PT on 10/3 ahhhhhh
Holy cow, what a fast turnaround. Huge congrats to you, especially as a fellow OOS.

Got the A call this morning (IS)!!!! lets gooo

Reactions: 4 users
II received 09/13. Interview completed on 09/26. Anxiously anticipating a call or email

Congrats!! So it looks like they are calling/emailing exactly 2weeks from the day of the interview?

Yup 2 weeks from interview date. Call if A, e-mail if waitlisted or R

Got the A call this morning (IS)!!!! lets gooo
YAYYY so happy for you good luck to everyone!! they’ve been really good with getting decisions back in a timely manner

• Love
What’s the interview process like? Any tips or advices would be much appreciated :)

What’s the interview process like? Any tips or advices would be much appreciated :)
interview process was very laid back. your interviewer has about 4-5 questions they have to get thru. Just prepare for common questions like Why medicine, why DO specifically and think of a few scenarios you've experienced that you can use for situational questions like "tell me a time where you...." Then there's also a group activity that's very laid back as well plus a student Q&A.

Got an Acceptance call yesterday afternoon! (IS) Still cannot believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Acceptance call Monday afternoon ! (IS - So Cal) I’m gonna be a doctor 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance call Monday afternoon ! (OOS - So Cal) I’m gonna be a doctor 😭
Congrats! It's interesting that the school makes distinctions between different parts of the state, I didn't know about that

IS II received just now! Complete 8/15.

Good luck to everyone who had an interview today or past week. Any advice on how to prepare? What type of questions do they ask in general other than (Why medicine, Why Chsu, Why osteopathic medicine etc)

Interview went really well! There was only 4 questions so there wasn't anything I felt like I needed to brush up on, just basic ethics and personality stuff.
Good luck to everyone who had an interview today or past week. Any advice on how to prepare? What type of questions do they ask in general other than (Why medicine, Why Chsu, Why osteopathic medicine etc)
Honestly the questions were super generic. I think the only non-generic question was asking what you'd do if you caught a classmate cheating on an exam.

Accepted! IS reapplicant with a 3.3 BCPM and -1pt drop on my 3rd MCAT (499, 507, 506). Met w/ adcom for an advising session this cycle since I love their mission/curriculum. They heard me out and told me to reach out if I was screened out pre-secondaries given one of my <125 subsection scores. Anything is possible if you advocate for yourself!!!

Primary submitted: 7/5
Secondary received: 7/13 | Secondary submitted: 8/18
II received: 9/29 | Interview: 10/11
Accepted call: 10/23

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! IS reapplicant with a 3.3 BCPM and -1pt drop on my 3rd MCAT (499, 507, 506). Met w/ adcom for an advising session this cycle since I love their mission/curriculum. They heard me out and told me to reach out if I was screened out pre-secondaries given one of my <125 subsection scores. Anything is possible if you advocate for yourself!!!

Primary submitted: 7/5
Secondary received: 7/13 | Secondary submitted: 8/18
II received: 9/21 | Interview: 10/11
Accepted call: 10/23
Accepted here too! OOS, interviewed 10/10. 3.4x 510 MCAT

I keep getting invited to the events they hold but haven’t received anything else 😍

Congratulations to all of you who got accepted to CHSU. I am an OMS-I student at CHSU. If you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out to me!

OOS II just now! No ties to CA and the west!

Anyone from 10/17 hear back yet?