2023-2024 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got waitlisted a few hours ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email by mistake for the accepted students Donuts with the Dean :p They corrected it, but haven’t even gotten an II lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Rudeeee!! Apple watch showed my heartbeat reached 130 as soon as I saw 2 emails from CHSU lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed on 11/9 are we expecting to hear back before thanksgiving or next week?

Just got the A! 😭 Interviewed in early November.

Reactions: 4 users
anyone know their waitlist movement
I heard from a friend, who’s an OMS1, that CHSU tends to waitlist a lot of interviewees at first then there’s significant waitlist movement around March.

I got the A call yesterday afternoon! Interviewed last week

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that interviewed already, how was the group activity? Not sure how to prepare or what to expect.. any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

For those of you that interviewed already, how was the group activity? Not sure how to prepare or what to expect.. any insight would be greatly appreciated :)
Very chill! I didn’t even talk that much I think and got the A 😂 just read the TBL document before the interview and say 1-2 things to the group (I agree with you because… or I think the answer is ABCD because…) and you’ll be fine, I don’t think it’s graded honestly

Reactions: 1 users
Very chill! I didn’t even talk that much I think and got the A 😂 just read the TBL document before the interview and say 1-2 things to the group (I agree with you because… or I think the answer is ABCD because…) and you’ll be fine, I don’t think it’s graded honestly
Thank you so much! Sorry for being so anxious, but do we need to prep/do background research on this other than the doc they send us?

Thank you so much! Sorry for being so anxious, but do we need to prep/do background research on this other than the doc they send us?
the chili peppers thing right? No not at all, theyre gonna ask a few questions that are directly from that document, but like I said its not graded! No need to stress ! Super chill

• Love
On another note, How does everyone feel about the federal loans/no match data thing? I love this school but I have to say that concerns me a bit. How do y'all feel?

On another note, How does everyone feel about the federal loans/no match data thing? I love this school but I have to say that concerns me a bit. How do y'all feel?
I feel the same way. already in debt and really worried about having to take out a private loan. Also, the no match data does concern me a lil but at the same time, I think it will have decent match results based on the fact that its a CA school. But who knows

I feel the same way. already in debt and really worried about having to take out a private loan. Also, the no match data does concern me a lil but at the same time, I think it will have decent match results based on the fact that its a CA school. But who knows
If it makes us feel better, I did some research on newer DO schools (like ICOM) and they had 100% match rate during their inaugural class year, idk though but CHSU seems to have alot of connections for residency. Is not having previous match data really that important?

• Care
Did you guys send a thank-you email post-interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to you. Good luck to everybody on your applications, and have a nice holiday season!

Reactions: 6 users
Does CHSU have a 2 week turn around time post-interview?

No II but i did get invited to learn about seasonal depression! 😍

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
just got a II, completed 8/18, will be declining. Hopefully goes to someone else soon!

Last edited:
Got a II Wednesday as well, will be declining, good luck yall :)

Withdrew my A here. I hope it goes to one of you!

Declining II here, hope it goes to one of you wonderful people!

Are federal loans available right after the school achieves full accreditation?

Are federal loans available right after the school achieves full accreditation?
They said a a financial aid QnA that it will take 6 months minimum for federal students loans to become possible after they gain accreditation. But they also said they could possibly help students transfer private loans to federal loans once they are available.

Does anyone have any interview tips?

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrawing my A. Too many unknowns for a new school. Also just can’t get excited about the location.

• Wow
IS II a couple minutes ago but not pursuing, congrats to all y’all attending this school! A few people I know who have gotten in enjoy it!