2023-2024 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II, OOS, what are my chances? I really want to go to Cali. My only tie if you count it is I went to UCSB for a year… will that increase my chances? Also, how was the interview for you all? What are some tips? Thank you!

No, going to UCSB will not increase your chances. Just be genuine and understand the mission of the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II, OOS, what are my chances? I really want to go to Cali. My only tie if you count it is I went to UCSB for a year… will that increase my chances? Also, how was the interview for you all? What are some tips? Thank you!
Hello! Just wondering, what dates were available for you? I received an II but didn't see any dates until May :cryi:

Members don't see this ad :)
does this mean they will allow federal loans now?

Reactions: 1 users
Is there an accepted students chat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is is worth applying here so late in the cycle? Saw secondaries are accepted until 4/12

Is anyone else interviewing in May? Are those interview dates for waitlist?

Interviewed 4/10. WL today, 4/12. Wow, I appreciate the super quick turnaround considering they told us it will take the usual 2 weeks.

For those that were WL, did you get an email saying you were WL or WL + "As soon as seats become available, you are one of the next students we plan to call."

Reactions: 1 user
For those that were WL, did you get an email saying you were WL or WL + "As soon as seats become available, you are one of the next students we plan to call."
WL + "As soon as seats become available, you are one of the next students we plan to call."

Nope didn't get this wording :( also does anyone know if the medical spanish and food kitchen classes are required or electives?

Nope didn't get this wording :( also does anyone know if the medical spanish and food kitchen classes are required or electives?
I feel like its early so they will start seeing a lot more movement in the following months. The website says "Nutrition, culinary medicine, and medical Spanish courses are incorporated throughout the year." I know that medical spanish is a required course every week but I'm not sure about the food kitchen. I also don't think they offer electives.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like its early so they will start seeing a lot more movement in the following months. The website says "Nutrition, culinary medicine, and medical Spanish courses are incorporated throughout the year." I know that medical spanish is a required course every week but I'm not sure about the food kitchen. I also don't think they offer electives.

appreciate it - hoping for the best - also have no interest in either of those two courses lol

Reactions: 1 user
Culinary Med is once per month (super chill, you cook and eat) and Medical Spanish is twice per month (really useful b/c of the large hispanic population in CA).

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone going to the accepted students day on 4/27?

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed in September and have been on the WL since, is there a chance for me to be lifted off or should i withdraw my interest?

just withdrew my A today! I really loved this school but just got an offer that was much better for my situation :/ hoping it goes to one of you and good luck to everyone, we're gonna kill it as future docs!

just withdrew my A today! I really loved this school but just got an offer that was much better for my situation :/ hoping it goes to one of you and good luck to everyone, we're gonna kill it as future docs!
How did u withdraw ur A? Did u just email or call, trying to figure out how to do it so I can get my deposit back